Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies,
Whst a week and weekend. Friday the flood waters finally started receding. I didn't go meet dh at the camp Friday afternoon. Water was still too high and I needed to come back out for my nieces baby shower. I waited and went meet him Saturday afternoon. By then the water was coming down pretty good.
My niece received a lot of clothes for the baby girl she is having. She's due in 6 weeks and received a lot of newborn winter clothes. In the first part of march it's warming up here so I'm thinking she will nit get much use out of them. This is my opinion but I think when you announce the sex of your baby for the shower everyone gets clothes and not other things that you need. 3/4 of Whst she got were clothes. I gave her one of those new thermometers that you pass across your forehead. That's the one she wanted. They say they work good. It was close to 40.00 $. I hope so. My other niece just had a baby and I got her the one that you put against the opening of your ear and it gives you a digital readout.
Last weekend of deer hunting with the dogs. Dh and I shot at a buck but it was too far. The owner of our club cooked supper for all the campers at his camp. We had so much fun with all the hunters and their wives. But....I was not a good girl. I ate and drank some beer. I'm sure it will show up on the scale Friday. Last week I was dead on with my eating and gained 2 lbs. My cycle is 14 days late so that could be the reason. Lots of bloating. I can always tell by my rings. They are tight.
Ds was coming home from work Friday night and hit a deer. He messed up his auto pretty bad. He was very upset. But it ok as long as he wasn't hurt.
Other ds passed his NDT entry test with a 97%. He said he should have had a 99. He put 2 number in the wrong spot. But that's ok it was still good. They require at least a 70.
I think that's all that's going on over here in my house.

Bobbi~ I loved your pot holders. You have good taste for throwing things together.
Donna~ I watched your video that you posted. Just yesterday at the camp we were talking about a ladies sister that thought nothing of her systems and died a young lady.
Gayle~ so very glad to hear your daughter and her baby are ok. Very scary situation.
Jean~ welcome. These ladies are awesome. It's always nice to get to know new friends.

That's all I have time for now. Be back later

Hugs
Cajun
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Diana and Forreal - I love leftovers and DH will only eat leftover lasagne or cabbage rolls. Growing up, we never had leftovers. We were so poor that my mother barely had enough food to cook a meal for 5 people let alone cook more. Since we didn't know where the next meal was coming from, we finished everything. From what I hear, my mother could have fed us everynight on the leftover food my mother-in-law threw out. She ALWAYS over cooked. Now, food is abundant, and I fight to avoid finishing everything.

Love the denim quilting, Bobbi. I have a big bag of blue jeans that I will probably never fit into again. Maybe they would make a nice quilt for my dgs.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

What a whirlwind of a weekend!! I think I must have lost weight just with all the running I did.

So glad it is Monday and I can slow down a bit and breathe.

Have a great week....and may the scale go in the downward direction for all!

Happy Monday!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #214  

Default Good Choices!

Went to Chili's last night and they just did not have anything on the menu I wanted. I told the server I wanted a grilled chicken breast and broccoli....and she said "Sure, we can make that work!" It was just right! I felt so good eating healthy, and even better when I got the bill. $4.95....she charged me from the child's menu! Woot!! : )
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #215  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4Life View Post
Went to Chili's last night and they just did not have anything on the menu I wanted. I told the server I wanted a grilled chicken breast and broccoli....and she said "Sure, we can make that work!" It was just right! I felt so good eating healthy, and even better when I got the bill. $4.95....she charged me from the child's menu! Woot!! : )
that is just so cool to know!! i have not tried chilis but have had similar success at olive garden and outback.

olive garden now has lemon herb grilled chicken and i ordered it without the pasta, it comes with broccoli, tomatoes and spinach and they added grilled peppers in the place of the pasta! it was delish!!

best of all i was in control!!! and i left HAPPY!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-21-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #216  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rainbow - you look GREAT!! Congrats on your success!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #217  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Rainbow - you look GREAT!! Congrats on your success!
aww thank you jess....and look at you about to enter ONEDERLAND!!! how fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bet you are so excited!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #218  

Default Cheering!!!!

JESS!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!

You must be freaking!!! to see 199.9 (even) is going to be HEAVEN!!
You better plan a huge celebration!!! Crossing into ONEDERLAND baby!!
And NEVER going back! : )

TN Donna

Last edited by Change4Life; 01-21-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #219  

Default Rainbow!

What a change. Your pics are amazing. You must be so proud of yourself! And you should be. You're a beautiful lady!

TN Donna

Last edited by Change4Life; 01-21-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #220  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
What a change. Your pics are amazing. You must be so proud of yourself! And you should be. You're a beautiful lady!

TN Donna
thank you donna....still have a long way to go but i will make it
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #221  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Quote:
Awesome eating out meal and the price was Right too!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

TNDonna-- that is good to know about ordering JUST what you want and not the extras.... I'm going to try that the next time we are out for dinner. Thanks.

Ranbow-- you really look great! Congrats! How are you doing it? I'm starting up with the Southbeach starting in the morning. Had to get some stuff to get started or would have today.

Donna-- Congrats to you! I didn't realize that you were that close to Onederland!! WOW!!! Good Job!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #223  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post

Ranbow-- you really look great! Congrats! How are you doing it? I'm starting up with the Southbeach starting in the morning. Had to get some stuff to get started or would have today.
hi karen i have been following closely to the ideal protein protocol. i could not afford to actually join and use exclusively IP products, so i order mostly from nashua nutrition and netrition and its basically low carb and ideal amount of protein. i have been eating this way now for 38 weeks.

you can look up the info on 3fc as there are many IP threads

hope that helps
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #224  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls....it's still way below zero around here and I'm staying inside. I made a low calorie lemon pudding yesterday using soy milk, stevia and a whole lemon + rind. It was yummy but I think I can still shave more calories off it. I'll experiment again when we finish eating it up. Speaking of lemons, you should see my myer lemon tree, 11 leaves clinging to it for dear life. I transplanted it into a bigger container and the plant didn't like it. But it has lots of baby lemons starting all over the Charlie Brown tree, I'm not sure they will amount to anything with so few leaves.
My calories for Monday were 1,006 and 40 grams of fiber.
You all have a great day!
Donna...I didn't realize you were so close to Onerdland
Carol Sue...start cutting up those jeans, my grandkids love the blue jean quilts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1486.jpg (33.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1488.jpg (38.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #225  

Default To the surgeon we will go....

Well....here I go. Going to see a surgeon at 1:00. I feel totally schizophrenic!
Sometimes I feel excited that I'm finally getting this hernia taken care of, and sometimes I feel terrified at the prospect of having surgery. I want my Momeeee!

All that being said, my PCP was scheduling an appointment and told me the name of the surgeon. I looked him up online, and just was not comfortable with several things, especially reports about his poor bedside manor, and cold unfeeling attitude.

So I started my own search and found a woman with all 5 star ratings and glowing reports. I also found out I did not need a referral, and she happened to have a cancellation at 1:00. So, hopefully by God opening this door I found a surgeon I can feel comfortable with.

Appreciate your prayers as we have so many "ducks to line up" with Jonathan's care.

(Hoping this doctor will do a little "tummy tuck" with the hernia repair. Think they are having a 2 for 1 sale?" ; )
Closed Thread