Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello....I am so serious about this new holiday. I can put myself in a deep depression just by read Emerson. Words hurt and if you use enough negative words especially about yourself it just wears you down. I've seen my patients give up because their voices scream nothing but negative remarks. I've seen couple split because they couldn't find a kind word. WE WILL BE POSITIVE! or else.

Gayle....Do you remember this summer how empowering I felt when I fired the cardiologist? You should not be worried about what the doctor may be thinking, you are the paying customer.....would you do something in a 5 star restaurant if the server sucked/nasty/mean/dirty? Of course you would...so tell this Doc to either get with your program or get on the road.

I AM WOMAN.....HEAR ME ROAR....hows that for driving you insane with ear candy music.......k3
Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #467  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

First time I'd had a chance to read back to page 30, 31 and 32 and no way to catch up. Mary...you sent most of your Thanksgiving food home with the kids, so did we. I saved enough meat for turkey/duck soup, cooked the carcasses down to make broth for soup. We'll have a least two meals out of that. My grandson in college was very happy to take some of the foods as he lives on tuna. My jeans are still tight and I was suppose to diet today. SORRY, I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT.
I don't do the after Thanksgiving midnight shopping, my daughter is having new kitchen cabinets put in by Home Depot and we're helping her with that for her Christmas present and the two GS's want cash. I asked DD what gift I could buy the boys to wrap the cash around and was very irked with her answer. She said overstock.com had a cologne called Dolce Gabbana spray that both boys wanted and it was on sale with a huge discount. After the discount the 2.5 oz. bottle was $45.99 each. I told her that was ridiculous, especially for my 13 year old grandson. Where is her brain? She said they both want it, if I don't get it for them they'll take the money and buy it themselves. They won't get such a good deal as I can with my free shipping coupon. So like a granny who wants to please, I ordered it for them. What would you girls do?
I did a little shopping today, stopped at Shopko to check out the electric donut hole maker they advertised. I didn't want it for donuts, but for Danish Ebelskivers. It's like pancakes shaped into round balls, like donut holes. I have a cast iron ebelskiver pan but haven't been able to use it for many years because it doesn't work on my glass top stove. I thought the donut maker might work, made up 1/2 batch and tried it this afternoon......WOW, it worked better than the old fashion way and no need to roll the ebelskivers over to brown on the other side. The book that came with it had a recipe for chocolate brownies, made some of them for DH and yes I ate some. I also stopped at the dollar store and picked up some red poppy silk flowers to make an arrangement for the bedroom. Zoe...you asked what color I repainted, it's called 'Sweet Woodruff', a pale celery green. I actually took my pillow sham into the store and had them match the background color...should have done that in the first place. I put the flowers in a basket with a branch of lighted twigs, looks really pretty. My 20 year old grandson said Wow, grandma...that looks really nice. The two large poppy pictures I found at Shopko, they had some weird water spots on both of them. I told the manager I'd buy them and try to remove the water spots if she sold them cheap. (She said $19.18 cents each) The spots came off and match the quilt/shams on the bed. The 3 small pictures are just a copy of the pattern in the quilt. I put the sham under the printer cover and scanned/printed out pictures. The colors aren't quite a bright as the quilt but close. DH just got home, time to eat. Later Gators
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1143 (640x480).jpg (34.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1142 (480x640).jpg (23.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-28-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - If I were going to spend that much money on them anyway I would buy it. It's something they want, even if it is a rediculous price to pay for it. That's what grannies do!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
KarenFL, a new holiday consisting of 3 days of only positive thoughts? Did I get that right?! I love, love, love the idea, so I will TRY!

Thinking positively, I survived DSD’s visit, & it wasn’t too bad. She’ll be back Fri. or Sat., but then she’s flying to MN on Sun. for two weeks (I was really hoping she’d be gone longer, but, still a positive thing!). That puts her back here on the 18th, & then she’ll be here until sometime in Jan., when the spring semester starts. Ummm, having a hard time thinking positively about that, so I just won’t think about it for now!

On another positive note, I missed all the hoopla about Isabella finally showing up, but I just have to say that I’m thrilled about it! I never “met” you, Isabella, but I remember how upset everyone was, last year, when you disappeared (I was just “lurking” here at the time). So, I’m glad I’ll finally get the chance to get to know you.

Ok, I’ve only had time to read the most recent posts, so I need to go back & see what I’ve been missing. Catch you later, Everyone.
NCNancy
Old 11-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #470  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - I'm very concerned with the black bulb thingies in your otherwise very pretty picture. My imagination is way off the road, so please explain them! Thank you very much!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #471  

Bobbi,
Just saw your pics. Soooo pretty!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #472  

Donna,
Would you believe I didn't even notice the "black bulb thingies" until you mentioned them? Now I'm curious too. Bobbi??
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #473  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Those are my green balls I'm not sure what they are, the green thingies were in a package of all green dyed natural dried plants thingies. I hot glued most of them around the bottom of the planter to cover up the green styrafoam the silk flowers were stuck into.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1145 (640x480).jpg (35.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #474  

Hi everyone. i'm glad we all survived thanksgiving foods. now onto christmas my favorite holiday.Bobbie thats very creative and looks lovely. i would buy the cologne too. im a soft touch karen 3 i love your "roar" ive been crafting all day and i have crafty "fluffs" all over. ive been making luminarys. its a qt mason jar covered with a doily and decorated with raffia and buttons. you put a battery candel in side and i love the result. not as easy as i thought but fun anyways. i also made hummus. since the dr wanted me to up my protein she suggested it with vegies. so i researched recipes and then winged it. it turned out pteyyt good. just blend a can of chickpeas)drain 1/2 the liquid) use garlic and salt to taste,2 tsp olive oil and 1 T lemon juice and blend.hoping your day went well (((hugs))) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 690.jpg (36.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 695.jpg (30.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-28-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #475  

Height: 5'3"

Been a busy day...went to gym as usual, returned the two gifts I mentioned before and then spent the rest of the day on the phone to AZ utility companies, calling and messaging our son and dil and cancelling another part of our travel plans. When I finally got all that done, I started doing the laundry and only now am on my second load (one in dryer), and I have finally made our bed. I'm glad I got a little housework (small bathroom and glass in bedroom) done before I went to the gym at least.

Bobbie - I almost felt guilty sending my son home with all that food because I notice he has put on weight too! My weight is still up about 4#since Thanksgiving! I was already up 2# before the holiday and I thought it was just sodium, but afraid that's not exactly the case now! I do a little better each day and MAY BE on plan today but the day is not yet over. About the calogne, it's beyond my gift budget so I couldn't buy it unless I bought one bottle for both of them (I'm assuming it's two boys?)! I only spend about $30 per person these days. When I had my children at home I spent much more on the four of them, but now that I have so many to buy for I can't do that.
Your bedroom color sounds lovely! Sounds like a beautiful arrangement you created too!

Red - I'm feeling kinda like that right now too about the challenges. I know I overate terribly yesterday again and I didn't even try to track except for breakfast. Today I'm so far doing a little better, but I still polished off the rest of the cheese spread and a bunch of crackers! Even made my eating plans for the day but for lunch I just grabbed the crackers instead. I'm glad the cheese spread is finally gone and my dh had better not buy any more!!

Marie - I get plenty free books already from another service and mostly (except at Christmas sometimes) I buy used books. Don't buy them as much now due to having the Kindle but I have a research company that pays me in $10 amazon GC so when I get them I buy used books that don't come in Kindle or are cheaper in hard/paper books. If I bought a lot of other things though, Prime would probably be a good deal. Or maybe after I read all the books I have on my Kindle I might reconsider, but I have over 200 on there.

Well, it's almost time to get dinner. We are having a veggie tuna salad. Joe will make a sandwich with his, mine will be on lettuce.

Last edited by maryea; 11-28-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #476  

Forgot to mention, I just finished reading Frozen Lady and I think it was recommended on this forum. When I started it I thought it was going to be just another romance novels which I don't care for but when I got to the part where she was going to Alaska with her parents and she shot the dying horse, it grabbed me and I knew it was way more than just a romance! I really, really enjoyed this book!! Seemed like it had about everything anyone could want it a story! So thanks, who ever recommended it...was it Rosey or maybe Jess?

Last edited by maryea; 11-28-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #477  

Just found this. The tips are noteable but I esp like the little diagram thingy at the top.
http://www.familyfriendlyfrugality.c...udget-busters/
Old 11-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #478  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - thanks! The second picture shows the black thingies as little animals... that part was cut off the first picture, and they looked, well, um, like, um... strange.....!

Dr. Phil had a program on the P.I.N.K. Method, supposedly the first, last, and best weight loss program around, guaranteed to work!! I'll cruise and peruse it. Why not? I've tried every diet in the entire world... and beyond!

Last edited by jess1; 11-28-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #479  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Well, I am NOT giving up. Just letting today be the day I put a lot of garbage behind me! (and...in me... ) BUT I will be back new and improved starting tomorrow!!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - Your arrangement is beautiful! You are very talented. I hate to tell you what that would look like if I did it! LOL I am not a floral arranger!
Closed Thread