Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #271  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I'm sorry ~ maybe I shouldn't have vented. There is so much other stuff to be thankful for ~ I should focus on that instead. (I'm remembering the Purell
Old 11-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am down another 1/2 lb this morning. If I can only keep this up!

Our weather is going to be cold today. I haven't be out yet, but the Weather bug says a high of 40. Brrrrr!

Chickadee - Well you have the first step done already....you have the equipment. Now all you have to do it get going with it! Little bit to start out....that's all it takes!

Bobbi - That's an easy one for me. All my walls are white. Boring, huh?

Zoe - Good for you with the qi gong. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you're moving. If you start out slow and gradually increase, you will not notice that you're exercising! If you start out fast and hurt yourself, you will learn to hate exercise. Oh, I forgot, you already do! LOL

The Slim Me - I don't necessarily cook "diet". DH is a very picky eater. I cook regular foods based on what he likes and will eat, and then I base how much of it I eat on the calorie/carb count. DH loves potatoes. His plate will be 3/4 potatoes and 1/8 veggies. Mine is the opposite. I fill up on veggies and eat maybe a spoonful of potatoes, just to get the taste. This is part of the reason why we eat out so much. We can each order what we want. At each local restaurant, I have learned what they have that is diet friendly. For breakfast and lunch we are pretty much on our own and I have more control over what I'm eating then. If a person sets their mind to losing weight, they will make it work no matter what their situation. I did the same thing when I lived with my mother. She would NOT cook diet for me. I ate whatever she cooked, in smaller portions. She was a fantastic cook and everything was delicious.

Karen3 - The hospital we use now has a parking garage attached, but there is a free parking lot across from the entrance and also one behind the hospital. I have been in the hospital several times lately and DH has figured out what time is best for finding a parking spot in there. We are lucky in that respect. They have a circle in front of the hospital for picking up discharged patients. It's terrible when you have to walk so far, especially if it's hard for you. I am OK as long as there are no hills. If you are familiar with PA you know that's asking for a miracle!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

I don't have time for a full post - that will have to wait till later..... Just a couple notes:

Gayle, this is where you vent! Excuse me for saying, but you should NEVER feel like you need to explain why you need medication. Hugs.

Karen, love, remember "I won't hit him while he is sick/injured" but you can think about it.... LOL

Freda/Zoe, I must have left the wrong impression about how I view the Occupiers..... I meant that I am concerned about how they are being misrepresented in the media... I wish I was in an area that I could participate or give tangible stuff. I have sent money to NY and Seattle. I am sort of glad that my most ultra conservative relatives will be gone for thanksgiving this year.... I'm not sure that I could keep a respectful tongue in the name of family unity. I keep remembering that our founding fathers were seen as a bunch of distructive rabble rousers......

I'm off to work for a while.... I have a nice meeting/luncheon today with a small group of people... We are working on a PSA to air locally to combat bullying of LBGT youth...

Be Back later...

Rie
Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, here are some pics of my kitchen, living room, and dining room. I'll post pics of the bedrooms in the next post. You can decide what color they are..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 058.jpg (24.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 059.jpg (27.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 051.jpg (29.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 055.jpg (34.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #275  

Here are pictures of the three bedrooms. All these borders and wallpaper was here when we moved in-- some I would like to get rid of and some I like....But up until the last 6 months we really have had someone else staying with us since we moved in... Maybe this next year we can get some stuff done if it doesn't go under contract in the next 22 days!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4340.jpg (33.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4341.jpg (22.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4342.jpg (17.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #276  

Gayle--- you know this is a really great place to come and vent!! We all have been there and have those DH's that sometimes are just totally annoying!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi GG's,
I've been reading but haven't had time to post until now. Been busy with carpet installation (they were 3 steps shy, can you believe it?) and they will be back on Tuesday to finish. We tore down a half wall in the Fam room and have been patching up that mess, as well. My DBF has been very helpful and has done a lot of the work for me. Work is going well and I have Thanksgiving dinner on my mind. We'll be making the turkeys, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes, and family will bring the rest (I hope!). What do you guys think - is home made dressing worth the trouble or just use Stove Top?

I'm looking forward to seeing my 3 kids on break from college, but will have to stock up on "their" kind of food and snacks - temptations begin again! I did lose another pound after a 3-week stall.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #278  

Tim just brought me in this rose from our yard! I think maybe we should have checked and brought it in yesterday before them nighttime temp. got down to 28 degrees! But it is still pretty! Right now we are sitting at 39 degrees and supposed to get in the 50's today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4343.jpg (17.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #279  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick hola... I'm at work and should be doing the corporate slave gig... oh, well!

Bobbi -three kitchen walls are white and one is a burnt orange (small room); the living room is a light celery color with white trim (my reddish orange front door is STUNNING when the door is open and it contrasts); the bedroom is white with one wall of muted gray wallpaper (hate wallpaper!! Too lazy to take it off!!).

Nancy - I understand about these consciences...!

Rie, Freda, and PT/Zoe - I support the Occupy-ers, too, and I hope that someone cares enough to change something. Jadedly, I suspect that big money will always win out, though.

Gayle - venting is good for the soul. However, a nervous twitch of your arm into his snout might also be good for the soul!

I can't remember anything else (no notes today), but I'll do better next time. Onward.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #280  

Height: 5'1"

colors. My kitchen is a light beige, with white appliances and oak cabinets. counter tops are a darker brown. family room is beige with beige and brown berber carpet. Hate berber. when it comes up, hopefully this spring, it will be wood. family room is green carpet and eggshell walls. furniture is beige sofa with green and burgands, burgandy wing chair. our bed room is grey. I use a white coverlet as a means to showcase all my homemade quilts. bathrooms are green and beige and other one is pink tile (why would anyone choose pink tile?) and I have dark wood (black) with towels in pink, white and green. Accents in green, mostly depression glass.

I'm boring, I know, I just like things not overly done and very quite and restful.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I just got a call from the surgeon's office and my colostomy reversal is scheduled for Dec 9. Finally. I just want this thing gone! I will be in the hospital for approximately 10 days.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #282  

Height: 5'3"

We need to paint. Your posts on colors has definitely made me realize that! But right now my kitchen and dining area is yellow, the family room is a light mint green and the living room and hall is a deeper green but not really dark. The office and our master bedroom is a medium blue and the spare bedroom is a light green almost the same as the family room. My favorite colors tend to be blue and green and I like the yellow in the kitchen as it is centrally located and is a big splash of color in between the greens of the family room and living room. I hate painting though and put it off as long as possible.

Karen - How nice that your dh brought you the rose!

Webwoman - Glad you'll have a nice meal with your family on Thanksgiving. we no longer have our kids here for the holidays usually as they are so scattered about in three different states. The ones closest to us go to her family which we understand as she has grown children to be with. We usually just go out to eat although sometimes my dh wants me to cook. I think we are going to a buffet this year. Keeps the temptations to just one meal at least. Congrats on the weightloss!

I'm working on a research project right now that is taking a lot of my time. I do these type things just to make a little extra money here and there. This is one of the higher paying ones but they really make me work for it! Today the last day though.

Bye for now.

Last edited by maryea; 11-17-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #283  

Good Afternoon Girls,

First, Zoe thank you for my afternoon laugh....."Chickadeee...sounds to me like there must've been a pearl growing in your thumb. That's why the doctors are being so close-mouthed about what it was....they're having it appraised!"

I really am glad isn't wasn't anything bad, but they couldn't even tell me if it would come back. I had 8 stitches removed Tues, and hopefully the next 6 come out next week, then I think therapy (thumb therapy - never heard of it). But I know I can't bend it without sharp pain. Just remembering time will heal all.

Bobbi the rooms in our house are all Ice Cream Vanilla. Doesn't that sound yummy!

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday, my birthday, yippie! And then Saturday is opening day of hunting, still thinking of trying it, even with my thumb. It will be nice to even just sit out there and watch daylight come, that is the best part, quiet and slowing everything comes into view as darkness raises. Silly, huh!

Hope everyone has a great evening, you guys keep me busy with all your goings on. But I like reading it.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #284  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

I posted and now it's gone. What is going on??!

The scale is not moving, well, barely. I am bummed. How do you all put up with that? Is there anything that makes it move? Anything you do? Those of you without that much to lose, who are having steady weight loss, how do you deal with these stalls? Do you just sit tight and continue on or do you shake something up?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #285  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Red, I can't stay long here, but had to say something to you about the scale. It is SO not your friend!!!! There are so many variables when it comes to weight...are you retaining water, did you just eat, did you just pee ...well, you know. I'm convinced that in order to stay sane - and stay committed - to dieting, you have to be careful about how often you get on the scale. Some here actually weigh in daily. Me? I can hardly stand to do it once a week...and sometimes I don't even do it that often. I feel happier with myself when my clothes start getting loose and such. When I step on the scale...if I haven't lost as much as I feel I should've, I get discouraged, and when I'm discouraged, I figure none of it matters anyway...and yep. I eat. And eat some more.

Hang in there...you're in good company. Everybody here knows how you're feeling, and has felt that way/feels that way/or will probably feel that way next week or next month or the next time they weigh themselves.

That's why we hang out here...because everybody "gets" it.

Don't give up....just avoid the scale when you're feeling vulnerable.

Gotta run...

Z
Closed Thread