Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

The quilt is on the bed with 2 matching pillow cases - with a day to spare before the guests arrive! I'll take a picture today and try to post it here. I'm pleased. I'm probably going to have to repaint the dresser as the paint isn't holding up - not sure why. Maybe I can seal it somehow...I'm not sure.

So, today's project is to go to the grocery store and do a little baking. Hopefully (please oh please) I'll stay out of the goodies. I'm feeling a bit weak the last couple days with my resolve to drop a few more kilos before the end of the year. Might up the protein today as that helps keep the munchies at bay.

Cheers-
Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #47  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kris, good job getting the quilt and pillowcases ready. I hope you enjoy your guests!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #48  
GmaTo8

Penguin - I looked up your profile picture, and have to say you are absolutely beautiful!! I could only wish to look like you. The quilt hanging behind you in your photo is also beautiful! I am about 2 hours SW of Columbus, IN, but Neal's sister and family live there. I think maybe you should go ahead and start another project besides the scarf just to mix things up a bit. Like you said, you could work on it while you read posts, so it's not like you'd be abandoning it.

Kris - whoo hoo for getting the quilt and the shams done. What a relief, right?? Please try and post a picture for us. I can't wait to see it! So what are you baking? I want to do some baking so badly, since the weather is right for it, but I'm afraid I'll over-indulge. I think, though, that I'll make an angel food cake since they are ff, and fairly low in calories.

Have a good day.

Last edited by Jane; 10-30-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #49  

Jane, Thank you for the compliment but I still think we look alike, so I think you are beautiful too. I remembered my friend lives outside of Elizabethtown. I bought some yarn to make my quilting buddy a hat, a croched cloche with a flower. I made one for myself but haven't worn it yet.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-30-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #50  

Ahem..... I'M WEARING GLASSES!!!! They finally came in today and were $200 less than we expected.

I still have double vision but it might take some time to get used to them. I have a certain amount of depth percecption that I haven't had in a long time {which is freaking me out a little, LOL. They are rimmless so the only part you can really see on me is the bridge across the nose. I'm getHubby to take and post a pic this weekend.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #51  
GmaTo8

Yay for the glasses, Penguin! Also a big Whoo Hoo for saving some bucks! My glasses are rimless, too, and I love them. Can't wait to see your new picture.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #52  

Good morning all!

We had a little candy riot at our front door last night. Some kids got overexcited and knocked a few things over while arguing with each other. I didn't think the candy was that good! They apologized afterward but I'm glad Hubby was at the door and not me. Geesh. I don't think we're doing TorT next year because of that.

Jane, I'm glad to have the glasses but I am having trouble reading anything. If I hold things far enough away for them to be in focus, the print is too small to read anymore. I'll take them back tomorrow and see what can be done. Very frustrating

I helped Hubby chop some wood yesterday and the muscles in my thumbs are mad at me. I can barely hold anything much less try to knit. Oooops!
Old 11-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #53  

How frustrating re: glasses, Penguin. I know I've had 'multi-focal' glasses twice now and I just can't get them to work so I use the cheap 'ol cheater glasses from the drugstore. It's a real pain not to be able to see clearly.

Guests came and went. Ate too much. Really got into the sugar and bread which is unusual for me so I'm cleaning up my act today. I'm 'off the sauce'! Back to lean protein and fresh fruits and veg. The one good thing I did was workout on Saturday - even though they were here.

Speaking of veg.....I pretty much vegged out in front of the TV yesterday after the guests left but I did knit 2 dishcloths! My first ones. I'm pleased with them. Now I need to buy some more yarn as I think they'll make nice little gifts. I can only find the Lily brand Sugar 'n Cream in one place here in Australia so I'll have to mail order it. Oh well....plenty other projects to work on while waiting for yarn to arrive.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #54  

ok, I fully admit that I am technically challenged at times! I can't figure out how to post a picture to this forum. I posted a picture of the guest room quilt to my blog today so you can check it out there if you'd like (address is in my signature below).

Just back from working out. It was a great workout! 3 sets of 10 of 8 exercises (chest press, leg press, lat pulldown, deadlifts, 3 pointed row, bicep curls, another chest machine & tricep pulldowns) plus about 20 minutes of boxing. I am really loving boxing....don't know why I waited so long to try it! I have a goal to drop 5 kilos before the end of the year.....I need to really stay focused on that goal or I'll not make it.

Have a good Monday gals. My project today is to complete a photo album and upload it for printing. My niece got ahold of the slides from her mothers wedding (30 some years ago) and had them scanned onto a CD and now wants me to design an album (with photoshop). My deadline is mid-month so I need to get moving on it.....I've procrastinated long enough.

Last edited by KrisR; 11-01-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #55  
GmaTo8

I've had such a busy Sunday with family, but wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll post more tomorrow.

Hugs,
Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #56  

Kris, The quilt is gorgeous! I love the colors and the rainbow effect. You should be very proud of yourself!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #57  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Kris - I love the quilt! It makes that room so cozy. A friend of mine gave me a knitted dishcloth and I just love it. Yay for you, doing 2 in one day. The family album sounds like a lot of fun, and will make your brother or sister and spouse so happy. Wow, you're doing great with the workouts!

Penguin - darn it, I'm sorry about the glasses. I hope you get a replacement right away. Yikes, sounds like you got "tricked" even though the kids got "treated". Hope the little stinkers didn't break anything! Also hope your thumbs are better today.

I'm still in the process of picking out paper and accessories for my next few scrapbook pages. I try to coordinate it all myself, rather than use the ready-made kits, since the kits are so expensive.

Toodles,
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #58  

Hubby and I slept late and didn't have much to do today. The porch is looking much better; Hubby got the first coat of paint on the floor/steps. its too light in color, but the sand/non-slip is very nice; worth that extra dollar.

My glasses are working out okay. I think the top portion is great. I think the bifocal line is too high, but depending on how close what I'm looking at it sometimes I look under them so I guess its in the right spot. The 'readers' part seems weak, by the time I push the words far enough away that they are in focus the print is too small. I had intened to storm into the office and demand they change them but I thought I'd give them another week. I am enjoying being able to see clearly more than 30-40 ft!

I bought another skein of yarn to finish my scarf but that's as close as I've gotten to doing anything crafty over the weekend!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #59  

Thanks gals for the kind comments! It feels good to have another project finished. I'm still toying with the idea of ordering a couple more yards of fabric and making some proper pillow shams. We'll see....

Glad your glasses are working a little bit better, Penguin.
Good luck Jane with picking out your scrapbook bits and pieces. I don't do scrapbooking, but I love the looks of it and have often thought I could really get 'into' it.

I'm off to do an afternoon napitation (my version of a nap and a meditation) then a yoga class tonight. I haven't been for about 2 months so I'm sure I'll be stiff tomorrow.

Life is good.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #60  
GmaTo8

Penguin - I had no idea a person could get a non-slip paint. What a good idea! On our porch, right as the concrete was drying, the contractors took a shovel of some sort, and swirled it all around, gently. That make the surface ruffle up a bit so as to not be slick. I'm glad to know the glasses will be okay after all, and happy that you can see so much better now.

Kris - "napitation" I like that! Sometimes, if I can lie down for just 20 minutes, it's amazing the new surge of energy I get. Now that the experts say naps are good for us, I don't feel guilty about taking them, lol. How'd the yoga go? Are you stiff today? Scrapbooking can sure be expensive, but then again, no worse than other hobbies, I guess.

Today is mine! I have nothing scheduled that must be done, and no place I have to be, so I will design Caylin's page today, and share a photo tomorrow.

Have a good day, ladies.
Closed Thread