Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #91  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow lots of great topics going on. Welcome to Musicgal!!

Thanks for the link Jay to the other site. I can hear what you guys are saying. I acutally feel like that is how I am starting to lose weight. I have started to look at food as just that. More about what is too much rather than what is good or bad.
Laurie I sure like the way you and your DH approach things. Has he had a big weight loss as well? I know if I turned off the TV that I would certainly have some extra time but I watch it when I get home at 930pm and there is not much else happening then.

Lori thanks for the tip about Picassa I will have to go and take a look. I hope you are looking forward to the wedding. I am sure everything else will work out. But really want you to enjoy this time with your daughter. Just a few more weeks.

Not much new with me. I scraped and painted my fence on Saturday. The weather has been very warm and sunny. So that was great. My fence looks a lot better. Went out for dinner with a friend. Most of my food was OP on the weekend. I am really working on the moderation thing. In the past I would just beat myself up if I had a cookie. So one cookie turned into a feast. Now I just call it a cookie. I am really starting to realize that food is not what I want. Something is missing but food is not it. Life is a journey and it will play out. Trying to put the lion back into the cage so to speak and not let it run my life.

Must renovation year cause I am getting new countertops and tile backsplash in my kitchen. Should be done in about 3 weeks. Will be wonderful. My kitchen has a built in cutting board that was there when I moved in. Have been wanting to get rid of it for years and this is it. Hasn't killed me yet but why risk it.

Cheers ...Jude
Old 06-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #92  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Jude LOVED your post!
Yes, DH has lost 60 lbs and is working on another 5 or so. It has been joyous to travel this journey together! One note - it is a LOT easier to split a meal when you are vegetarians. There are usually a limited number of choices on the menu (except when we travel to the big city of course). Thus, it is a LOT easier to decide on what to share when only a few things are even options. Probably why we go a bit overboard when we go to Chicago. It is just so exciting when we can find vegetarian restaurants. It takes us FOREVER to decide on what to order

I would LOVE to redo my kitchen. I'm envious! A new roof is not terribly exciting

You are definitely on the right track with your eating. It IS a journey, and look at how far you have come
Old 06-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #93  
Day at a Time

I think my picture is working. I still have to do the tufting. Click on the photo for a larger view...... Jude

quilt.jpg back.jpg
Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #94  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jude, how BEAUTIFUL!!!! Great combination of colors--it looks so rich and luxurious!

Gosh, Jude, I thought you already did that fence... did I miss something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijude
In the past I would just beat myself up if I had a cookie. So one cookie turned into a feast. Now I just call it a cookie.
That's a lot more reasonable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijude
I am really starting to realize that food is not what I want. Something is missing but food is not it.
That's a good realization. I have often eaten just as a distraction--like, I'll be trying to fix something in a text I'm working on but get stuck, and so I used to wander into the kitchen and start looking around. Sometimes I still do, but then I say, "Nope. No words here." and go back to my desk. Or take a walk, or do some cleaning!

Your kitchen remodel sounds great, although I'm sure it will be a pain until it's completed.

CD, yeah, it's often easier if one is vegetarian because of limited choices. You're not vegan though, right? That's nearly impossible, it seems...

I'm just doing the usual work and daily schedule stuff today. Catch you later!

Jay
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hey Jude! That quilt is beautiful. Great colors. It's sure to become a family heirloom.
I lost a pound so I really feel good about that. I've been exercising so my arms look good in my dress. It's helping my weight loss.
I have to drive back to school tonight for a instrumental music concert tonight. Then, I'll watch the Red Wings. I love hockey-go Wings. I need to get going. I'll be back soon. Lori
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #96  

JudeWOW That is wonderful! Are you going to tie it, or quilt it? It would be fantastic either way!

Jay - yes - ovo-lacto vegetarians here. It DOES make life so much simpler! Though we did eat in two vegan restaurants while in Chicago.

Actually, DH made wonderful omelets for supper tonight. We don't have eggs often, but every once in a while a vegetable omelet just hits the spot!

Lori on the lb.! We have found that all the boxing is working well for weight loss for DH! He was stalled for about 8 months, and since starting the cardio boxing, he is losing again

A very, very busy day here. I will be glad when school is out I felt like every email and every phone call and every knock on my door was someone wanting to take a little bite out of me - I didn't have much left at the end of the day!

But, I did manage to get in some yoga and some boxing after I got home. DH made dinner while I worked out - gotta love that kinda spouse

It is a beautiful evening here, so I'm off to enjoy the great outdoors for a while!

Happy Tuesday, all! I hope yours was POP.

Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-02-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #97  
Day at a Time

Thanks guys for all your compliments. Laurie I am going to tie it. I would have to send it out to be quilted and so far the price has been pretty cheap. I am going to make a rag quilt next. I have collected all the materials. It will be flannel inside and on the back and then patchwork on the front. Most of my prints are earth colors and a lot of tiny florals. Here is a picture of what a rag quilt looks like for those who have not seen one.
Campfire.jpg

That is the general idea. It will take me forever but that is ok. It is a great diversion when I have time on my hands and keeps me out of the kitchen.

Yes Jay I have been working on the fence. I did get it all scraped down but had to wait for the hot weather to paint. We have had a week of really hot weather so now it is done. I am trying to water my garden without hitting the fence now.

Hey Lori congratulations on that pound.
I am slowly going down. It is hard work. I still do not have 100% op but it is getting better. Not really sure what 100% would look like. I just know when I am eating too much. So far today is not too bad.
I did make to the gym yesterday and today so happy about that.
Just plugging along a day at a time. I have a co worker here that has a great positive outlook on life. She is a widow of 20 years and is just a few years younger than me. I like her positive outlook and she works out and has a trainer. A good role model for me. Sometimes there is a shortage of positive role models. That is why this site is so great.

Hope you all have a great evening.......Jude
Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #98  

Jude - Post a picture when you get it tied

Hey - progress, not perfection is the goal. You have made some good changes. Just keep building on them. You CAN do this!

I'm a fly-in tonight. The annual Chamber of Commerce dinner is tonight and my boss is being honored, so I gotta go.

It should be a fun evening, and it is one time that I am glad I'm a vegetarian. I am much less likely to overeat

Hope you all had a fun day!

Laurie
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #99  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

flowingair, congratulations on that pound! Now tell its friends to join it somewhere else as well.

Yeah, CD, I can see where being a vegetarian has advantages. On the other hand, I do know some obese ones... I think they probably overdo it on carbs...

Jude, really nice rag quilt. I do like those.

Did I tell you folks about our last season concert last Sunday? Gosh, I can't remember. It was all Broadway tunes, with three Broadway stars singing them! A perfectly delightful evening. A little bit of everything, old and new. Some songs from Mame, Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, etc.

We got season tickets again, but haven't decided which concerts yet.

I have to go to the dentist in awhile to get the permanent crown installed... Sigh...

See you!
Jay
Old 06-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #100  

Jay - count me as one of those obese vegetarians (well until recently, anyway ) Alas, our youngest is still very, very heavy. And yes - definitely a carb issue!

The concert sounds like it was great! The crown is no big deal - they just pop it on - the easiest part of the whole procedure!

Another quick post tonight. I have a funeral visitation to do tonight for a member of our church (and mother of a good friend). Today was good - the weather has FINALLY warmed up, so I will walk to church tonight. And of course I did shape boxing after work

Gotta fly! Hope you are having a good week!

Laurie
Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #101  
Day at a Time

Another hot one here. I am sitting in airconditioning though.

Sounds like your evening out was great Jay. I have yet to get to a concert. Maybe in the fall. And yes putting that crown on is the easiest part. You will be out of there in no time. Should be no freezing.

Thanks for your comment on Rag quilts. I have all the material bought and I keep debating whether a regular quilt or a rag quilt. I am making it for my daughters 30th birthday next winter. She loves things like this. Not sure which and do not want to ask her as it is going to be a surprise. I like the rag quilt and it is easier to do.

Where is Musicgal?? Jump right in and let us know how you are doing.
I am staying OP pretty well. Nothing is 100% but certainly have a new outlook on food. FINALLY!!

Funny though I was coming down with a cold last night as I was leaving work and the first thing I thought of was what's to eat!!

Jeez no end. I used to eat nothing but junk food if I got sick. Never was put off my food by illness. But I was pretty good. Took some cold meds and went to bed. Well watched part of the Tonight Show with new host Conan Obrien but not much. Had to do some watering when I first got home as it had been very dry. This whole garden thing takes time. All my plants are new so would hate to kill them off the first year!!

I am at work. I am having a decaf coffee and a South Beach bar. This was my worst time of day and so this is my new routine. Seems to be working. Gets me through to dinner.

My house was roasting last night and will be tonight too. Should be cooling down a bit for the weekend. I am going tile shopping for my kitchen. My house needs new blinds too. But that will have to wait awhile. Need to work some overtime I think.

Hope everyone is well. CD you amaze me with how busy you are. You have the energy of a 25 year old.

Have a great night,.....Jude
Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #102  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Come on over to the new thread, everyone!

Laurie, get on your scooter, girl!

Jay
Closed Thread