Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#51)

WELCOME!!!!

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #2  

Hello

Just a quick post to tell you that I'm alive & well. I've been busy all week working & spending every free moment with Chris.

Thank you for your patience while I've been MIA and for my quick posts.He is leaving Sunday morning to head back to CT. I will miss him sooooo much!! I have to work the Titans game Sunday and I'll probably cry all day because he'll be gone.

I'll be back to normal Monday (Ha-Ha...I'm NEVER normal!! ) so I'll be back to posting regularly again and get caught-up.

I love you all!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:33 PM   #3  
Losing it!

We'll foregive you Sher! Give Chris a big ol' hug from me!

Good luck with the house Cheryl!!!! They make a sugar free powder to mix with water or juice to help get things moving along....you could maybe check the carb count and try some of that. Drinking more fluid also helps. Try drinking a LARGE glass or two of water, then taking a long walk.

Dee enjoy your weekend! How true, we do get so caught-up in everyday life we overlook the beauty and blessings around us.

Steve & I are leaving the 10th to go to a wine tasting. We are mixing business with pleasure! We wanted to go so out employer is giving us the tickets, when we arrive we will be handed a book with everything listed that will be served. We are to take notes and get some new ideas for the store. We will stay all night on the 10th and come back home the 11th. This is as close as it gets to the two of us ever getting any time away together.

We are brewing beer tomorrow and mixing up a wine kit. Steve designed and built an all grain setup so it starts out as a mixture of crushed grains and will eventually become bottled beer. He has everything ready to go, we will do it outside because of the risk of fire doing something so extensive in the house. My wine kit will need to ferment and when finished will be a sparkling wine like a spumante.

Ok everyone......what are your plans for the weekend????
Old 10-01-2005, 06:58 AM   #4  

Sherry-Your welcome picture is adorable! You always have the best greetings for the Floozies!! Enjoy your time with Chris this weekend, and don't cry too much on Sunday.

Gayle-Sounds like fun. It's good that ya'll will be able to get away together for once.

Cheryl-Like Gayle says, try some of the fiber stuff they make, such as Metamucil. Good luck on the sale of your trailer.

Dee-I know I am OCD. That's the main reason I've been on Prozac for soooo many years. I only with I would clean up my house. I am just not overly compusive with that like I used to be before Prozac.

The teachers and students have off Monday and Tuesday. Monday for inservice and Tues for Rosh Hashanah. I am not supposed to be off on Tuesday, but the principal told me to take off, since it's my holiday. Actually, on Monday there is an inservice going on, but mainly from another school. I am hoping to get caught up on quite a few things at that time.

I'm off to run!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #5  
Losing it!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!!!

We made wine & beer on Saturday, they are in primary fermentation now and after racking in a week or so, should be ready to bottle the 2nd week of November. I's fun just to know you can mix something up and eventually have something very comparable to what the stores sell. Saturday I did not stay OP, so because of that plus TOM, I show a 3 pound gain on the scale. I'm sure most is fluid, so I'm not going to change my tracker until next week. Today I'm going to make a big batch of core soup so I have something to grab quick when the hungers get to me.

Sher, I know you enjoyed your time with Chris!!!!! When you have a minute, post and let us know how things went. Did Drew enjoy having big brother home??? BTW: Is Drew a Senior this year??

Shelley, I hope you can get a few things taken care of on Monday since the teachers won't be there. Enjoy your day off Tuesday! You deserve it!
HAPPY ROSH HASHANAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #6  

Sherry I am sending you a big hug today. I know that you will need it. I hope that you are doing ok and remembering all the good memories that you made. Think positive girl!
I was pleasently surprised with your welcome greeting. He is so darn cute. Thank you for all your efforts. I was wondering if you know anything about the script error I get everytime I open up 3FC's. Dez said that I can't fix it on my end but to ask you if you get the error.

Gayle that sure is the process for making beer. We have wine that needs bottling since May but just haven't made the effort to do it. We are just drinking it out of the big old jug! I am happy that you and Steve will be able to get away together. Even if it does involve business I am sure that you will enjoy each other.
How is your cousin doing, is he still in the hospital?
I am so proud of you, even though you didn't stay on program on saturday and are up a few pounds you are still going strong. Good for you. You are an encouragement for the rest of us to keep going even if we have a bad day. What is the recipe for core soup? I make a lot of homemade soups. Have you tried the green tea yet? I bought some sugar free crandberry juice.

Shelley get caught up today and enjoy your day off tomorrow. I tend to be a perfectionist so I can understand OCD. I have problems with a "perfect house" and "over exercising to burn off the extra calories I think that I ate". Jason also is a compulsive hand washer and will not put his hands in a sink of soapy water with dirty dishes in it. He also needs a clean cloth anytime he wipes the counter.

I hope that you all had a good weekend. We certainly ended up having a busy but good one. We went to see Duke's of Hazard, which we loved. Had a lovely dinner with our friends on saturday. A funny thing happenned there that I have to share. She pulled me into the bedroom to show me these pamplets she had on her dresser. She wanted my advise on a tummy tuck......lol We had a little show and tell. I said to her well show me your lose skin and she did. After that I said to her well I will show you what a tummy tuck looks like. Her jaw hit the ground. She had no idea. She has wanted a TT for over 10 years but was scared because of the scars. I was too but they really are very thin and look good for being only a month old. I also flipped up my shirt and said to her what do you think of my new set? She couldn't beleive it. We had a great laugh all night about it and I felt better sharing it with someone that really needed some encouragement to go ahead because she felt so low about herself.
So that was our saturday and on sunday we went to aquafit for the first time. I thought that I would be able to swim at least 5 minutes but I couldn't even make it one lap. Too much pain from the pulling. I did do the aqua class though and felt great. One of our friend from the class came down in the afternoon to take some photo shots of Larry and I for our 25th anniversary party. I will email you of I have your address or maybe post one on the board. It took from 2:00 to 10:00 with a few bottles of wine to complete them. Of course we had to have a candle lit steak dinner with french melodies setting the mood. We had a wonderful time and the 120 pictures turned out really nice. Now to decide on just one for our anniversary card.

Well If I don't get going I think my butt is going to grow into this chair. My washer and dryer buzzed a long time ago. Larry is coming home for lunch soon and we have a guy coming down at 12:30 to give us an estimate on windows for the bathroom, Jay and Dez's room plus a garden door that will lead out to the back yard. Not only that I need to go to the dr's with Dez. She has a leaky butt again. It really didn't go away for long and she is in pain. With her four jobs she is working she hasn't made time to go to the dr's. I had to make her the apointment and say that I would bring her there.

Adios I better stop rambling on. I hope that all you lurkers will post.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #7  

Gayle-You are right about the gain. Just get right back OP and you will have a pleasant surprise. You will probably drop those extra 3 in a day or 2.

Dee-When is your 25? How exciting. What are your plans? I'm glad that you were able to share such an intimate thing with your friend. I can't wait to see your pictures.

My aunt died yesterday. My dad is the only surviving child left now. It is a shame that it happened during the holidays, but she really was in great pain and is better off now. I went to Services last night with my parents, so I could be with my dad. I can see he is really hurting inside. He says he's okay, but I don't think so. He and my mom will be attending the funeral in Miami on Thursday. In the Jewish religion, burials take place as soon as possible after one has passed on. People were so friendly last night at Rosh Hashanah services and were happy that I have rejoined the Temple. I will be going again today at 10:00. Of course, I'm going to run 7 or 8 miles before I take off.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:16 AM   #8  
Janice

Shelley - Condolences on the passing of your Aunt.
How is everyone doing on the weight loss. I noticed there has been no action on the weigh-in thread.
I was down 1 & 1/2 pounds by the middle of the week then went back up, so this week I have don't have a change. I was eating mixed nuts a lot. I have stopped that, I think the fiber was good but the salt was bad. I hope to see a change this week.
I get my surgery on Friday.
My dog is 12 1/2 and has been diagnosed with Cushings Disease. I have to take her to the vet tomorrow for the day so they can run several blood tests throughout the day. She is my baby and I'm more worried about her than I am the surgery.
I know a lot of people think I'm nuts but that's okay. I love animals - sometimes more than people. There love is unconditional!!
Well good luck this week to everyone - stay on program.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #9  

Hello everyone....Sorry haven't been around for awhile, you know me if i don't have much to say i just lurk......

Sherry i am sure you have been enjoying Chris while he has been there and will have tons of memories of this time while he is there.

Shelley you have been a busy woman and doing so well keeping your weight.

Dee. Glad to see you are doing better and my daughter & i talked of going to see the DOHazard this coming wk/end.

Gayle...I wine tasting trip sounds like alot of fun wish i knew about it would love to do something like that..Now you two behave yourselves while there...No hangovers...lololol

Things here have been hectic with the daycare and my arm has been really hurting me since i fell a couple of months back. They say i tore some ligaments and it will just take time to heal....Then my sis if FL. calls to say Mom having chest pains and they are taking her to the hospital...So sitting here in Ky was causing my blood pressure to go extremely high itself and the stress of waiting around helpless. They ran a bunch of tests and they think that b/c she had some oral surgery done the day before it just threw her off track b/c the tests all came back negative.
She is getting dementia so bad that she talks about things that happened so many years ago and i want to be with her more now and can't b/c we live 16hrs from each other. Hubby isn't going to move there that is for sure but i am in a way glad that i don't see her slow going down with her memory and i can remember her the way i did when she was herself with a clear mind.

So i will jump off my box and let someone else speak for awhile.

Love you gals
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #10  

I'm back!!

I didn't sell my trailer. The people backed out--they found one "exactly like mine" for about $2,000 less. Well, I'm sorry, but I feel my asking price is fair. I sure couldn't come down $2,000--that would be less than what I owe on it!

Oh well, I'm not desperate to sell it, so I guess I'll hang in there for a while longer.

If I didn't have a loan to close this afternoon I would've called in sick to work today. I feel like CRAP and I have a paper due in my class tonight. I really could've used the extra time to wrap it up. As it is, I'll have to try to squeeze it in around work today.

Cheryl
Old 10-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Cheryl, sending hugs your way. Sometimes life seems to never go as we hope. I posted to you on the weight loss thread...keep your spirits up girlfriend!

Shelley, so sorry to hear about your aunt. Prayers sent to all of your family. How old was she? Had she been ill? I have a question and I hope you don't mind...in the Jewish religion, do people send flowers when a loved one passes on? I have always heard of the bringing of food, but never much about flowers.

Dee, pass that jug of wine on down to me missy! You sound like us, we are usually so excited to try a new batch, we end up drinking it way too young. I'm considering making a port this next time...
The soup was actually a core chili recipe very, very similar to the flavor of Wendy's chili. It turned out really good! I plan to have it for lunch or dinner throughout the week. I do better if I prepare a dish or two ahead of time, then when I come home starving, I have something I can instantly grab.

Vickster, nice to see you again! Dementia is a horrible disease, I feel for your family. Is your mom not living in the nursing home anymore?
The wine tastings are very fun and easy to do...just make sure to eat prior to going and to continue snacking as you sample! Wine can get you "WOOOZZZZYYY" before you ever know what hit you!
We will be staying in the same motel as the tasting, so as long as we can find our room after, I think we are in fine shape!

Have any of you heard from Ramona? I sent an email, but haven't heard back. I have an odd feeling, like something isn't right with her...
Old 10-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Hey, Cheryl...do you guys rent? Could it be a possibility to trade your house in as a down payment on another one in the town your living in now? Just a thought!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 AM   #13  

Hello

The principal is out today at school and I'm going to try to post a quick post!! I have already posted my weigh-in from yesterday.

First of all, I had a great time with Chris being home except for not having the time I really wanted with him. Dayna got most of that time! (Can you hear a little jealous in my tone??!! ) I might as well shake it off, go on & get over it because she will be my DIL one day. I really like her but she's the type that will get on my nerves quick. I think she's a spoiled,conceited brat! But Chris loves her and that's what matters. I just wish that we as Parents could pick them out!! LOL

Anyway, Chris left Sunday a.m as we were leaving to work the Titans game.It was a long,hard day and missing him already didn't help.Yesterday I didn't post because when I got off work, I cooked,cleaned the kitchen and went straight to bed!!! I'm just soooooo tired ya'll.

Gotta go...I have a child sick in here.I'll try to get back on and post again in a few minutes. I just love the "boss" being out!!! LOL

HUGS.........
Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #14  

Ok back.......Going to try to post again before the phone rings,a child throws up or a teacher needs me!

Gayle,
I bet you & Steve have fun with the wine! Is it expensive to buy the stuff to make it? Can you believe that I have never tasted wine?!! So really I don't know if I like it or not! I was thinking this morning, We have been on-line friends for several years, I think it's sad that we have never meet! Don't you? Do you think one weekend next spring or summer we could meet half way & have a long lunch or something?

Shelley,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. What type of long illness did she have? I hope when you get home from the funeral home you can finish enjoying your day off. I'm posting this at school. Do you think there is anyway this website will show up anywhere on Chancery? I can just see me getting caught! I have walked a lot and need to catch-up on my walking over there and post. You're doing a great job, as usual.

Dee,
How are you sweetie?! Your post about your friend that wanted to have a tummy tuck done, then you showed her yours, was awesome! I bet she about died that you had already had yours done! I bet it felt good to tell someone! Your weekend sounded great!! I'm glad you're doing so well from surgery. I'm not sure what the script error is that you're getting. I'll check into it or I'll PM Suzanne. BTW:Is Dez and Jay back home??? I was a little confused when you mentioned their window.

Vicki,
Good to see a post from you! I'm sorry to hear that you've been under so much stress lately. What exactly is Dementia? I'll keep your Mom in my thoughts & prayers. Try to get some rest too!!! What is the dr. going to do about your torn ligaments?

Carol & Ramona....How are you???? Gosh I miss you!!!!! I'm begging you...PLEASE post and let me know you're ok!!!!!!!!

Doni.....WHERE ARE YOU????!!!!!!

Cheryl,
That's ok that you didn't sell your trailer. It just means it wasn't meant to be! Right? How are you doing on low carb? I love it! I'm never hungry!!! I have missed you!

Janice,
I think you're doing great on LC!! Yeah, watch those nuts! A handful is ok but not too many. Have you tried the fried chicken battered in the pork rines? It is sooooooooo good!!!!!! I'm sorry about your dog.What exactly is crushing disease? Let us know about him!

Debbie,
Are your legs as sore as mine are today? I worked my butt off Sunday!!! Will you please post here again!!!!!!!???? Should we tell the ladies where we're going in Nov????!!

If I left anyone out, I'm sorry!!!! I've gotta go.............
Old 10-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #15  
Losing it!

I would love to get together Sher!!! I think Wayne & Steve would hit it off too! We could possibly do a weekend get-together...whatcha think??? We wouldn't need to do anything too fancy or expensive, maybe just meet at the same motel and do some light sight seeing. We are simple folk & easily entertained!!!!!!
Steve earns bonus points to Holiday Inn's because of staying out on the road so much. Maybe if I sweet talk him, he could earn enough bonus points for the rooms so there would be no expense for lodging.
It depends on which kit you purchase. I stay within the mod. priced range so I can make a 6-7 gallon batch for around $35.00-$45.00. I think it is 5 bottles per gallon so I average 30 bottles when bottled. Not bad when this type of wine would average $10.00-$12.00 a bottle in the store. The major expense is getting setup and purchasing the primary fermentation bucket, carboy, misc. supplies etc.
The batch I'm making now is a sparkling...it was close to $30.00 and will only make 3 gallons when bottled. Some kits go as high as $80.00-$90.00.
Closed Thread