View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #75
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Introduce Yourself!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name:Bobbi

Age/Age Range:60

Family Life:Occupation:We'll celebrate 40 years of marriage Sept 10, 2005. I retired from work about 7 years ago, so am a stay-at-home carefree homemaker.

Hobbies and Interests:Vegetable & Flower Gardening; We live out in the country with plum, peach, apple & apricot trees, so I am really busy freezing fruit for the winter. We live in Minnesota and enjoy cross country sking and snow shoeing. We are dog lovers, have a one year old English Setter named "Charlie". My husband hunts with Charlie (Charlie lives in our home as part of the family) He already weighs over 60 pounds and thinks he's a lap dog! ugh! My hubby & I both love to cook from scratch.

Favorite Music:Christian and old 50's rock and roll

Favorite Color(s):Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I hate exercising but do enjoy walks with hubby and Charlie. I have Plantar Fasciitis and bunions. That really limits my walks, so mostly I wear a pedometer and try for 10,000 steps at day.

What are your fitness/health goals? Healthy foods, staying away from all chemicals in processed foods. I do cook most everything from scratch.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I couldn't fit any of my clothes anymore and I refuse to buy larger clothes. Plus I needed to drop weight for health reasons.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Taking the time to weigh/measure food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. Keeping the motivation up
2. Remembering to put my pedometer on 1st thing in the morning
3. Buy only what's on my grocery list and ignore the fattening enticements.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My old self @ 165 pounds, I'm only 5' 3".

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My "Jones of New York" black dress and matching heels.