View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 04:00 PM   #70
elysia

Smile

DATE: 14/12/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: elysia/Nicola

BIRTHDAY: 04/04

MARITAL STATUS: Single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: History, listening to music, going to the cinema, walking, cycling, cooking

PETS: One hamster called Lance

ATKINS START DATE: This time around: today, 14/12/04. I had a 3 month stint in the Summer of 2003 where I lost about 30lbs (got down to about 134lbs) - quite a bit short of my target weight but enough to make me fairly happy about my size. However, I then went off to uni and got a bit slack... mercifully though, I only managed to put on about 6lbs. This time I'm absolutely determined to get down to my target! I want to reach it by my 20th birthday on 04/04/05... I hope that's not too unrealistic, I know the last few lbs are the hardest to lose.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I liked the idea of being able to eat larger quantities of food than other diets allowed.

TOP WEIGHT: Around 164lbs, which for my height (5'6") was never really obese, but I was big enough to make me unhappy.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 140lbs (approx, I don't trust my scales at all)

GOAL WEIGHT: 126lbs (sounds like a weird number to choose but in British measurements it's 9 stone on the dot)

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Light brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Edinburgh, United Kingdom

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get sweet cravings and I lose control - I can't just have one choclate bar, I have to eat the whole pack

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The goal is in sight, I'm no longer a poor student so I can afford to eat healthily.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not really!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I know that having snacks with me at all times has helped me avoid temptation in the past. Also, making friends and family members aware of the 'diet' is really important - on more than one occassion I've been given a box of chocolates as a gift which has led me astray!