View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #269
joefla70
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Good luck, Libra.

At my first session with LA Weight Loss they offered me the discount on buying all of the bars up front and I did it. It cost quite a bit. That is what really soured me on these types of weight loss centers. Don't get me wrong, for people to whom money is not an issue, this may be no big deal to them. But for me, money was/is an issue, and if I am paying to join then I should not have to buy their bars -- especially if there are equivalents available to buy. But alas, their "supplement" sales are a big profit center for them, and if you are not buying them, then they aren't making the money they want to make. So, they use the excuse that they cannot guarantee the weight loss. That's b.s. I followed the plan without even going to their center, and used "Pure Protein" brand bars and shakes and I lost 90 pounds in about five months. (I lost more weight, but I eventually went a more low carb route).

So, don't let them bully you! If they want you to buy the bars, ask them if you can just buy alternatives and see what they say. Maybe they'll surprise you and be supportive... but I tend to doubt that!

Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote