Old 07-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #181  

Morning all.

Michelle - Good for you getting yourself back in the exercise groove. Enjoy the pre-wedding gathering tonight. Are you back to feeling 100% after suffering from that stomach bug?

Happy –The breakout sounds awful. I hope the Benadryl helped. Scary if it was caused by the chemicals sprayed on the raspberries. That runaround with the pension paperwork is ridiculous. Re my arms/hands being sore from the rider class – I should think it wouldn’t be the norm on short trips, but perhaps it would be on longer trips, though you wouldn’t be using the clutch as much if you’re not doing a lot of stopping/going. Do the ATV’s operate with a manual transmission? If not, I should think only using your hands to operate the brakes and throttle might not be a big deal. LOL, I think I agree with your comment about being better off with the bicycle on short local trips. And my bike helmet is much more ventilated and cooler than the moto helmet! Good to hear that the thrift shop is doing better than ever in the new location. No surprise it’ll be much quieter after the summer tourist season ends though.

Ceejay – We weren’t able to get doggy in for a bath. It seems these pet supply stores with grooming facilities are no longer willing to open them up to people for do-it-yourself dog bathing – maybe it’s a liability issue. There’s a small private grooming shop near the house that we used for that once, so we’ll call them today (they were closed yesterday).

Terra – That’s a lot of songs on your mp3. I still have some CDs that I want to get onto the computer so I can get them on my cell phone’s mp3 player. Someday…. Enjoy your walks today!

Hellos to Shad, Annie & Susie!! Hope you’re all having a good week!
+++
The money pit strikes again. I didn’t mention back when this happened, but when we were reconnecting our downspout in the front landscape bed a couple weeks ago, I was stepping on the soil that we’d added to compress it, and when I stepped about a foot to the right of where the downspout is, my foot went down quite a ways. The soil underneath had given way, like a sinkhole. Bf and I both knew this was not a good sign. That’s the spot where one of our two sewer pipes exits the house.

So we had a plumber out to investigate yesterday. He couldn’t use the camera because there was too much water in the lines. We believe the pipe leaving the house has collapsed right at the foundation where the soil gave way. But I’m also thinking there are tree roots infiltrating the sewer line. The plumber pulled permits at the village and they had JULIE mark all the underground utilities yesterday. The plumber is back today digging to find out what’s really going on. In any event, we will have cleanout valves installed outside, since we had none and the plumber had to access the lines yesterday via the basement. We also will likely need to have the lines rodded. It would probably be a miracle if we don’t need any further line repair. We knew that we would eventually have to deal with this since all over the neighborhood we’d see people dealing with the same problem – collapsed, broken sewer lines. The lines installed in the 50’s (when our house was built) have clay sewer pipes that are not sturdy enough to withstand tree roots seeking a water source. Thank goodness we haven’t had the situation in which sewage is backing up into the house!!! In spite of this being an expensive project, I’m glad to finally be addressing it. When the plumber can finally get the camera down in the lines, it’ll be good to know what we’re dealing with.

Enough of that. Today is my WW meeting. I hope to have no gain. That’s the best I can hope for this week, as my eating has not been anywhere good enough for a loss. It would help if I got some exercise.

We also have my employer’s quarterly earnings call this morning, and a finance group meeting and outing this afternoon. I’m not up for the outing, which is just a happy hour at a bar/restaurant not all that close to the office, and not even that close to the train station.

That’s it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #182  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

After work, I rode the bike at the gym for 45 minutes, which hopefully makes up for my poor eating yesterday. I just had one of those days when I felt hungry all day.

Tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday will be gatherings with D's family. Should be lots of fun. D's dad, brothers and the dad's fiance and her family are all very nice.

==============
Terra - Good for you on doing the women's fitness group! I'm so impressed by all your walking!

That's all for now. I'll check in later today if I can.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #183  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - You were typing above me. Yes, my tummy is all back to normal. I'm able to exercise and also eat pretty much anything. I'm so sorry to hear about the sewer lines. I hope the expense is minimal. Good luck at weigh in, and I hope you enjoy the outing.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #184  

Michelle - Good for you getting on the bike yesterday! Three gatherings - sounds fun, but a challenge on the eating side of things. Enjoy and good luck!

==
Ugh, the sewer issue is turning out to be a major project. There's a catch basin in our system and it was full of 60 years' worth of gunk that needed to be pumped out of there. But that's not all, there's still the broken sewer pipes to deal with. I get to come home to the lawn being ripped up. Oh well, all I can do is be thankful we didn't wait until we had sewage backing up into the house!

I lost 0.8 pounds at my WW weigh-in today. At least that's something. I will try to get a downward trend going. i want to get back to losing, not gaining or just fluctuating.

Skipping the happy hour, but I'll take the next train earlier than I usually take. I tried to get the next train earlier than I usually take this morning, but the train arrived 2 minutes early and I was just locking my bike when the gates went down. Boo!

Tonight will be another load of laundry. I did two last night. I will catch up someday!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #185  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss. Bummer about the sewer issues, but you're right, at least it didn't back up into the house. It will be a challenge to eat right at all the get togethers, but at least the families are health conscious so there should be lean protein and lots of veggies.

I'm having to resist doing some emotional eating today. I've already "given in" once. Hopefully can hold out for the rest of the day. I've got to find a better way to cope with these kind of triggers because post-surgery I won't be able to comfort myself with food.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #186  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry to be missing in action. Just been very busy and very tired. Came home to find that the water pressure was so far down that I couldn't even shower properly. Seems there was some gunk in the pipes. DS2 came round and fixed it and it all seems okay now. Must remember that one.
The house is in need of a good clean - spring clean coming up. Lots of dust around and the floor needs a wash.
The garden is the worst part. However the tomato plants had self seeded and I have a couple of kilos of tomatoes to deal with. Yum. That won't take much dealing. I've pruned the roses and now will get the vege garden into order so I can plant some of the good stuff.
And I will need to use some round-up or similar to get rid of some of the worst weeds.

Having said all that. I should get going and do the physical for a while. When I get too hot or too tired of that, I'll be back for personals.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #187  

Height: 5'7"

I have had a wonderful vacation and can't believe that tomorrow is the last day!

We stayed home today and was lazy when we wanted and productive when we wanted. It was nice to have a down day and be at home.

Yesterday we went to brunch with my brother and his partner. We had borrowed their van so that we and our friends and granddaughter could all ride comfortably to the Wilds and back. It was a 2.5 hour trip one way. So, we returned the van and treated them to brunch (and refilled the gas tank) to thank them for letting us borrow the van.

After that we went to the movies and saw "And so it goes". It was really good and entertaining and left you feeling good..or at least I did.

We also went and got pedicures...my toes are pretty and I will now let my DH put his feet on me! lol He hasn't had a professional pedicure before but he loved it!

I finished reading the book I was reading which was a fiction book titles "The Matchmaker" by Elin Hilderbrand. I enjoyed the book.

Tomorrow we have an appointment to Dayton, OH (to the dealer) to get an oil change for our 2nd car and then we are going to try this Root Beer Stand called "Whata Dog"..they have car-hops!, and then we plan to see the new movie about James Brown.

Terra: How awesome that you started an exercise group!

Laura: YIKES on the plumbing issues. I hope it all is resolved soon and that they bill won't be to shocking. I am happy for you that you had a loss at WW. Tomorrow starts a new month...maybe a new challenge will help get you back to exercise? I need to get with it myself!

Shad: Glad to hear that your plumbing issues were easy to fix and that DS could do it. It sounds like you will be able to whip the other things in shape soon.

Michelle: Comfort eating is so very hard to overcome. It is what I struggle with the most. I wish I had some answers. Maybe coming to post when you feel that way would help? or journaling of some sort or moving away from the spot where you are experiencing the emotional feeling. I also have noticed that when people on those weight loss shows have an emotional eating temptation they work out..they still have to feel the feeling they are feeling but they get through it by being physical.

Happy: Hopefully the yoga aches are gone, and you received the pension papers. I also hope those bumps that showed up have gone away.

Ceejay: I agree with Happy that a vacation sounds like something you need to recharge your batteries. Do you have some time off scheduled soon?

Hi Annie: I'm still praying for that offer to come your way!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #188  

Morning all. TGIF.

Susie - Glad you had a wonderful vacation - we all need to get away from the day-to-day routines and just have fun. I'm glad you liked the movie "And So it Goes". Maybe I'll see that when it comes out on dvd. That James Brown one looks good - the music alone makes me want to see it. You're right about getting my exercise kickstarted - a challenge would be a good thing for that.

Shad - Welcome home! Oy, another one of us having to deal with plumbing gunk!! Grrr. Glad yours has been remedied. How nice to have a harvest of tomatoes without having done any gardening labor! Enjoy!!!

Michelle - I hope you were able to avoid anymore emotional eating yesterday. It takes a lot of determination to change the behavior of automatically turning to food and substituting a non-food behavior in its place.

Hellos to the rest of ya's. Have a good weekend!!
==

Okay, so I told you I had a 0.8 loss at my ww weigh-in yesterday, but once I entered it into my own personal spreadsheet, I determined it was really 1.2 pounds. Whoo! (Of course I'd have been ticked if the error wasn't in my favor, LOL.) Kind of funny how those WW employees frequently goof up the math - I mean those people that weigh you and record your weight on your card and your own personal record folder should be able to do the math if that's their job, LOL. In this case, the location I go to now has been working out of a somewhat temporary space until their new space is finished being built out, so they don't have their computers hooked up. Usually they enter it into the computer and a little sticker spits out with the info. On the other hand, the ones who staff the WW at work meetings have to deal with manual entries all the time. Oh well. I'll keep doing my own math!

That's about it for me. The sewer project continues today. Other than that, all I have planned for this weekend is Jazzercise class on Saturday morning and then we're going to a cookout at my sister's Saturday afternoon.

TTFN.

Oh, attached photo is what our front lawn has become. Dirt piles, giant hole, and a backhoe. Sigh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized - sewer.jpg (64.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #189  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

TGIFF! Thank God it's FINALLY Friday! It's going to be a busy weekend with D's dad's wedding and all. Last night, we had a lovely dinner at D's dad's and fiancee's house. Tonight, the families of the bride and groom are going out to a restaurant (kind of like a rehearsal dinner without the rehearsal - LOL). Tomorrow is the wedding, and Sunday the families are getting together for brunch.

I don't think I'll have much time for exercise tomorrow or Saturday, but I'm definitely hitting the gym and doing my yoga class on Sunday.

I was able to stop the emotional eating after a bag of shortbread cookies from the vending machine. But with all the eating that will be happening the next two to three days, I wish I had more time to workout.

============================

Shad - So sorry to hear of your plumbing woes. Good that DS2 was able to fix it. Enjoy the tomatoes and the gardening!

Susie - Sounds like a great vacation/staycation! Nice of your brother to let you and your friends use his van. So cool that your DH got a pedicure and enjoyed it!

Laura - So glad that your weight loss was even better than the WW employee calculated!

Not sure who is going to create the August thread...I can't think of a creative title.

Much love to all,
Old 08-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #190  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Interview went well with One America however have not heard a word...bleh. Wells Fargo interview got moved to today at 11:00 from last Friday. I NEED A JOB!!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #191  
Creating a Healthier Me

We have a new thread for August so don't post here or we may not see it.

Click here to go to the August Thread:
The Worldlies Are Burning Up Calories In The Aug. Heat(August Thread)