Old 04-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #1  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Talking The New and Improved Getting Out of The 180s!

We'll continue our conversation here, ladies and gents! (mostly ladies, I suppose).

If you're somewhere in the 180s or almost in the 180s and feel like giving yourself a boost through positive thinking, or already in the 170s and just like hanging out with this cool bunch, you're welcome!

Don't stay too long, though.

Last edited by Paulitens; 04-26-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/185/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies,

I have avoided this group throughout my 180's as I have never been in the 170s and didn't want to jinx myself. I do however read every comment and every encouragement so I must say thanks!!

But.....as karma would have it, I weighed myself yesterday on my "old, not digital scale" and came up at 178!! I could not believe myself as I started at 219 and have NEVER seen 170 anything on a scale for a really really long time (12 years)....I was so excited I went out and bought myself a "new, advanced, digital scale" so I could get excited over every .1 of a pound i would lose in the 170's.....stepped on it....182.2 UGHHH I knew it was too good to be true. Now Im torn between keeping the old scale cause its much nicer to me, and excepting reality and "gaining" 4.2 pounds on my new scale.

Im definitely an emotional eater and it certainly triggered a ton of emotions yesterday, although i did not stray from IP. Has anyone ever had this happen, and how did you get through it??

Thanks in advance ladies
Poosnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #3  
On my way to -70

I would just stick with one scale, Poosnan. Whichever you think it is most accurate even if it hurts to admit it's the one that shows the higher weight.

I don't know how my scale is going to grace me on Monday, or if it will grace me at all with that 176.0 I covet so much... we shall see. Today was an okay day.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday 183.0 today 186.6!!! We had a cook out yesterday and I had to much sodium and I can just feel all of that hanging on me!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #5  
On my way to -70

176.4 this morning.

Even though I don't work out on Sundays I did a 45-minute walk on the treadmill today just to see if that gives me the boost I need.

Here's to losing! Good night!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #6  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Hi all, Happy Monday? LOL I so don't want to be at my desk this morning yet here I am.

I'm 184 today. I feel like if I don't get back on track and see some results again soon I am going to soon find myself weighing 262 again. I've been having a super tough time with emotional eating lately - and I really need to get it back under control. I ordered some green tea fat burner pills - maybe they will help give me the jump start I need to get back to good.

Last edited by Llilith; 04-29-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #7  
On my way to -70

Hello, ladies!

The 176.0 lbs I so coveted showed up on my scale today! I made it to my first big goal. Now onto my second big goal, the 154lbs.

The LoseIt! app also sent me a congratulations note. LOL.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #8  
Deal Witch

YAY Paulitens! So happy for you seeing your 176!! Congratulations I love it when loseit sends me notes

183.2 today. Upped my water and stayed mostly on track yesterday. The final day of my wall sit and plank 30 day challenges is today - that means I'll be doing 3 mins each. I can do the planks all at once but I still have to break the wall sits into two sessions. I think after today I'll put 2 mins of each into my regular workout routine.

oh yeah, I updated my mini goals to be a little more realistic so I don't get discouraged. So, I'm shooing for 175 by 5/25 (Hawaii!) and 170 by 6/22 (daughters wedding!)

Last edited by Llilith; 04-29-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #9  
On my way to -70

Thank you, Lilith! I think I need to stop weighing myself between "official" weight ins (Mondays) because it makes me unbearably paranoid if the scale goes up, and it gets my hopes up too much if the scale goes down. LOL.

Anyway...

Today I checked my weight (I know, shame on me) and I was 175.0. I still think that I need to stop weighting myself in between weight ins. Ugh...

Good for you on your plans and wall sit ups, Lilith! I totally gave up on my squat challenge, but I have been walking on the treadmill 3-4 times a week, so I guess I'm not a TOTAL failure.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #10  
Deal Witch

175!! that is great :-) And we aren't failures. We have come so far… I just need to keep telling myself that!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #11  
On my way to -70

Yes, true. I was referring to quitting that work out challenge. I'm just not really good at working out.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!! Happy May 1st!

I realized I didn't update this Monday...maybe it's because I had a gain back into the 180s. I had a feeling the under 180 wasn't going to stick as a lot of us have found this 180s to 170s drop the toughest. So, yes this week I had a gain of 0.8 pounds, not great but not terrible either.

But then maybe it affected me than I thought as I had a couple weak days this week, gave in to a brownie when I really shouldn't have which put me over for the day, and then miscalculated on a meal out last night, but I'm hoping by Monday's weigh-in everything will be put right.

Speaking of us not being failures, I found this quote the other day online which struck a chord - "failure is impossible to attain if you never give up". It's kind of a double negative, which equals a positive. I like it.

And, on that note, although I may have made some dieting slips this week, I have signed up for a new class at the gym for tonight. It's yoga with weights - looking forward to it!!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #13  

Hey Everyone!
I too have been having a hard time. I miss my boy so much.
We just have to keep on, we have come so far.
Ok Llilith, lets do this. I have a wonderful conference to go to on June 19th with my daughter and my mom. 170!
Jenny, loved how you said "give in to the brownie"!
Paulitens, I too get stuck in scale panic.
Where is TooWicky?

Last edited by scarletmeshell; 05-01-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: I had more to say!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #14  
Deal Witch

Jennybutler - those damn brownies!! I really love the failure quote - I am not giving up. :-) Yay for your new class - I bet you will love it. I really enjoy working out with my hand weights, and it would be cool to work weights into yoga.

scarletmeshell - 170 it is!! We got this. The conference sounds like something cool to look forward to!

I stayed on track yesterday and the green tea pills helped give me a bit of energy so I moved a lot more. I even moved wood to the backyard fire pit. Hubby brought home ends and pieces of wood from work. Normally I'd have waited for him to move it but I was like "hey, it's beautiful out and I could use some exercise" so I did it myself. :-)

I can really tell my arms are so much stronger from the weight work I've been doing. It's funny cause it doesn't seem that hard either, and the results are paying off YAY. I'm working toward Michelle Obama arms haha.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #15  

This morning was 182.4. I don't think it will stick and I am not sure how that happened. I am sure I went over my calorie count the last few days. Still, it was good to see those numbers.
My bony knees were uncomfortable again last night.
I am really looking forward to the conference. My daughter has a rare skin condition called ichthyosis and it is an Ichthyosis family conference. It is in Indianapolis this year (it is held every 2 years and moves around the US). It is really great for my daughter to be around others like herself. The people with ichthyosis look very different and it is the only place I have ever been were it doesn't matter what you look like. My mom hasn't had a vacation in forever so I am paying her way to go. I even got a limo to take us to the hotel. I can't wait.
I hope I make it thru this weekend without eating to much!
Llilith were you worried about your dress for the wedding not fitting by the time the wedding is here?
hugs to all of you!