Old 05-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #76  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Congratulations, Jennybuttler! Crossing that threshold feels like a million dollars, doesn't it!?

And I agree with the mirror experience. I'm loving what I see in the mirror! Does it still need some improvement? Sure! But I'm excited to put on old clothes and see them fit right or a little more loose, even if the scale isn't showing me any love. That is all that matters: how we feel about our journey. Because if we don't love ourselves before we start, or in the process, we won't love ourselves skinny/healthy.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

back to 189 this morning. I am not losing, but my body is changing. Hoping that once I get over this hump I'll start losing again, but I'm not going to get upset over the stall. I figure my body is trying to catch up with the shock of losing 80+ pounds.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #78  
On my way to -70

Don't get discouraged and keep at it, lotsakids! Sooner or later your body will stop fighting you and will continue losing.

I was 171.4 this morning.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #79  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Jenny - YAY so happy for you seeing the 170s!! I know what you mean about seeing the reflection you like in the mirror, isn't it great? I know you said that the 29 pounds seem so much less - to me it seems just the opposite - it seems like there is still so far to go with my 25 pounds left. And even if I lose that 25 pounds I will still be considered overweight LOL.

I'm eating about 1450 - 1500 most days. I feel like it's kind of a copout on my part. I dunno though, we'll see what the scale says on Wednesday. I haven't been on it since last Wednesday. I still have about 25 more pounds to go til my goal weight but I feel like I'm in a maintenance mode the past few weeks. I really need to buckle down again - not sure why it's so hard lately. But really, I feel pretty great about how I look right now so it wouldn't be the worst thing if I didn't lose more. I REALLY want to see 155 though. I just need to want that more than I wants snacks. Isn't that always the case?

scarletmeshell - Not much better in this world than puppy breath! And what a fun reason to walk :-) And those damn carbs anyway - they are mean huh?

Lotsakids - I feel like my body is changing too, even though my scale numbers haven't moved much lately. I guess that's a plus :-)

Paulitens - that girl has it coming LOL! What does your doc say about losing while prego? or is the goal now to just maintain and only gain the actual baby weight? It has to be a bit tough to watch what you eat knowing you actually need a bit more now and man the cravings. but, it's all worth it I'm sure. Is your hubby so excited?

Tomorrow is weigh day. I'm scared. LOL but I will check in and fess up no matter what. We leave for Hawaii on Sunday so I won't be on much after that til I get back on 6/8.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #80  
On my way to -70

Hi Lilith! Haven't seen you in a while!!

Well, I don't know... I'm eating well; I am allowing myself to eat things I wouldn't usually eat, or that are not necessarily "light" or "diet" on occasion (fruit, a bit of candy, the ribs the other night hahaha!). I feel like I'm eating all day long! LOL. But I don't have morning sickness yet and I don't think I will (morning sickness has been very mild in the past two pregnancies, at most I just lacked appetite for certain foods and craved others). My intention is to only gain baby weight or gain very little weight (like in the last one). In my previous two pregnancies I lost weight during the first trimester so while I'm not purposefully dieting to lose weight now, it's happening because I'm eating healthy stuff (which I didn't before) and I'm feeding an extra body. I had a friend who lost a lot of weight during her first pregnancy, she didn't intend to lose weight and it was weird, it was as if her baby was consuming her stored fat. Hahaha! It would be dynamite if that happened to me but it's definitely not the goal. The goal is to gain baby weight or very little weight (under 10 lbs)

As for the doctor, this is the weirdest thing, and it might be a Texas thing: I called to make an appointment as soon as I found out and the appointment lady told me the doctor usually likes to see pregnant women after the 10th week. What the heck!? My friend who's 2 weeks ahead of me hasn't seen her doctor yet either (she's also pregnant with her third baby). It is definitely weird, but because I'm keeping it pretty hush-hush, I cannot ask around other pregnant girls about when their doctors saw them for the first time without making people suspicious.

Anyhow... That's what's up here.

Good luck with your weight in tomorrow!!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #81  
Deal Witch

That almost makes me want to get pregnant - having a baby to consume my stored fat! What a diet plan LOL. It sounds like you are approaching it in a very healthy way!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #82  
On my way to -70

I know! Wouldn't that be awesome!? I actually know a few ladies who did not gain one lb. other than baby weight (the actual belly and everything in it ). I'm just taking it one day at a time. I know I'm eating more than usual and I'm still losing, so I'm okay with this. I hope the doctor doesn't freak out when she sees me at week 10. I think that my stomach has shrunk in the past months eating less and healthier, and now I'm fuller with less so I feel like I'm eating all day long, and I'm always full.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Yes Paulitens it was a great relief to get into the 170s, and not have that sneaking suspicion it might just be a fluke of a few ounces less than 180 waiting to come back to haunt me! Might be speaking too soon but I feel like I've come over the hump finally! Fingers crossed!

Your pregnancy plan sounds like a good one to me, and if it allows ribs and still leads to weight loss, all the better!!

It's great that we're all noticing our bodies changing, this feels very much like a big step in the right direction! That's the main thing lotsakids!!

Llilith! It's great to hear from you!!

That is true for me too about still being overweight when I get to my goal - I knew it when I set it, but I will be ok to be a little over weight-wise. A couple of women on another forum say that they've set their goal weight a little high and then they will focus more on their body fat percentage, apparently under 30% is their goal, I'm not sure if everyone should aim for that or if it depends on the person. So, although it wasn't my intention when I set my weight it seems like a good plan now. Then, I would imagine that I will lose weight but my focus will be on fat loss and building muscle.

1450-1500 is still pretty low, women are meant to eat 2000 a day so you're still eating 25% less than that.

Have a great time in Hawaii if I don't see you before you go!!! And good luck for tomorrow's weigh-in!!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #84  
On my way to -70

Jennybuttler -- I wish I allowed myself some ribs more often. LOL. My tummy is super full from the big chicken salad I just had for dinner, but ribs sound delicious.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

192 this morning, I know its sodium, or the moon or who knows what but it is still disapointing. I wish I had a baby fat eater too! Actually I am ready for grandchildren... now if my married kids would just get busy Love to do some spoiling

I never gained more that 15 pounds with each pregnancy most of them less and I had 9+ pound babies so I think you'll be fine Paulitens.

Llilith - you are rockin the 170's good to see you here sometimes, gives me hope.

JennyB you are doing so well.

Scarlett, I want a puppy but right now isn't the time - I have two old dogs (14 and 10- they would not agree to a puppy!) glad you have the company!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #86  
Deal Witch

Paulitens - that's so great that your tummy has shrunk. I think thats at least half the battle. Good for you being able to munch and still lose - YAY baby!!

Jenny - old friend! we still got this huh? :-) I think it's ok for us to have a goal that is a little overweight still. I really think the charts are a bit unrealistic. Even my doctor said if I stayed this size it would be fine. I still want to get to 155, but it was cool to hear her say that.

lotsakids - LOL at baby fat eater! We all need one. haha. If only they didn't poop and need braces and college haha. Mine are grown now and I really do enjoy this time in my life. I love them so much but it's cool to have more of my me time back. Awww, pet those old dogs for me. One of the best dogs I ever had lived to be 14 - he was a newfoundland mix named Chompy. What a good boy.

So I am 182.8 AGAIN today. That is exactly what I weighed last Wednesday - so at least I have maintenance under control LOL. I really want to get under 180 before Sunday - it will just feel so good to strut onto the beach in my red bathing suit knowing I weigh less than 180 LOL. I'm kinda silly huh?

Anyway, we'll see what happens. One thing I know is that I've lost 80 pounds. Even if I gain a few on vacation it will be ok. I am going to concentrate on moderation but still enjoying myself.

I shall try to check in again before we leave and for sure when I get back on June 9.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #87  
On my way to -70

Yes! Enjoy the stages of life you are in right now! I was always of that mind frame: I enjoyed being single when I was single, then I got married and moved on; I am enjoying being married and raising children right now, and one day I will enjoy seeing them off to college or getting married or whatever they choose to do. Life can be really beautiful no matter what age we are or what stage we're in. It all depends on how we see things.

This morning I weighted 172.0. Kind of disappointing but then, I know I haven't been too regular in the last few days so that might have something to do. And for breakfast I indulged in a pancake-breakfast sausage corn dog kind of thing we bought for our oldest to have for breakfast. What the heck. I felt guilty afterwards but it was really good. Baby wanted it. LOL. It was only 180 calories anyway. And now I'm feeling kind of nauseous so that's not fun, and I know I should eat something but I don't know what because nothing (healthy or not) sounds right. Now who of all of you is missing that, huh?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #88  
Deal Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulitens View Post
Yes! Enjoy the stages of life you are in right now! I was always of that mind frame: I enjoyed being single when I was single, then I got married and moved on; I am enjoying being married and raising children right now, and one day I will enjoy seeing them off to college or getting married or whatever they choose to do. Life can be really beautiful no matter what age we are or what stage we're in. It all depends on how we see things.
^^Like this x1000!!!

No guilt for 180 calorie breakfast - and you enjoyed it too so bonus! Sorry your tummy is upset, I hope that passes soon. I was very sick for my pregnancies - don't wish that on any one. Of course, some of it could have and to do with the fact that I worked in a seafood market then. Talk about morning sickness LOL.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #89  
On my way to -70

Oof! I could SO not do that! I don't like the smell of fish when I'm not pregnant, so I can only imagine how morning sickness can exacerbate that. Yuck! I don't have much morning sickness; just a little bit of queasiness. I don't throw up either. One time during my first pregnancy I was close to throwing up and that was it.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 190.6/182.4/125

Hi all. Weighed in at 183.4 today. Big surprise, too. I don't think I'll be here long, but wanted to say hi, anyway!

Oops, I seem to have posted in the wrong 180s thread!

Last edited by shirtshot; 05-21-2014 at 04:40 PM.
shirtshot is offline   Reply With Quote