Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #21
Pattience
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
That's my whole process.

Personally I'm sick and tired of the terrorizing that goes on concerning food. It's hard for me to understand why someone in their right mind would want to get rid of hunger, when it's such a necessary and base instinct. I mean it's practically paleo lol. But now it's this bad thing we have to banish, get rid of it. If we can get rid of hunger we'd stop eating! As a person who's tried dieting for decades I can tell you that none of these methods have resulted in lasting results. They're terrifying, and they're terrorizing to be honest. I'm sorry my posts upset you but I can't help it. I'm tired of villainizing food, therefore villainzing people who eat food. I'm over it.
Your posts don't upset me. I think its fine that there are different things that work for different people. I think its that my posts upset you.

Ok hunger: A little bit of hunger is fine. A lot of hunger will bring you undone. There are physiological reasons for it. And i'm not even talking about the type of hunger that people in real famine experience. Hunger is a sign. Its a sing that you should eat.

Genuine hunger (not boredom hunger) is telling you that your blood supply of energy has run out and your are now resorting to the tissues for energy. That is good. But push that too long and your body will use up the supply of glycogen in your muscles. The feeling of this is intense hunger. When you get to that stage, you will crash. Crashing in dieters feels like a ravenous appetite, no energy, and just all round not good. It makes us run for sugars.

When people are eating low low calories. They are much closer to the crash zone than ordinary people who are not on a diet. Long distance athletes have this issue and triathletes call it the boink. They try to avoid it at all costs because their race is over if they get to that stage. and its quite a dangerous stage for athletes. But because their muscles are so big they carry a lot more energy in their muscles and those of us on a diet. Those of us on a diet who do not have large muscles do not store a lot of energy in our muscles and the body doesn't rush to break down fat at that stage. It goes for muscle tissue itself. The stage at which the body burns fat is when its drawing on the energy in our muscles tissues. that's before the boink. That's when we might experience a little bit of hunger. If your hunger is intense as it can be at the end of the day if you've been to work, then you may be at the end of your muscle tissue energy stores.

When you crash, you feel a bit crazy, you need food fast and people tend to rush for the chocolate bar and things of that kind because that's the quickest way to recover.

So what i advocate is avoiding getting to that point. This is why i suggest only lowering calories to a modest point and keeping meals close together during the day when you are more active. Then in the evening when we are not active, we are not likely to run out of our bodies energy stores.

Its because of this process that people who go to the gym and do other sorts of intense exercise whilst on a diet are advised to eat some protein and carbs at the end of it.

But for people who are overeating a lot, especially of refined carbs, i.e. binging, (because they are more concentrated than say vegetables and other whole foods), will experience insulin spikes and this triggers a binge. So they don't even get to the boink before experiencing a similar sensation. And this is a vicious cycle. To get over it you need either portion control which takes more effort, or just eliminate the refined carbs and then its easier to eat a balanced meal and get things back into some balance.

Its great that IE works for you and whoever else it works for. I am just saying it didn't work for me.

Last edited by Pattience : 03-22-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote