Old 05-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Wink Worldly Chicks - MAYbe we'll be good and MAYbe we won't

Happy May Day Ladies -

Annie's Awesome Wedding is over as is her equally awesome honeymoon. Time to once again usher in a new month. Ours is starting out a bit bleak - 4 to 8 inches of snow predicted tonight from another wonderful Great Plains storm. Even harder to take as it was 70 degrees for the last 4 days. Will it ever end? My garden is itching to be planted!

Let me go finish the set up and transition of threads.

Transition over from April:

Michelle's heading west - doing well, a day and a half's drive from her new / old home.

Mel's helping out Jen and taking a few day's break.

Annie's got a possible broken toe

Ceejay's working hard under the watchful eye of the man and dodging the test sirens.

Shad's back home for a bit donating generously to the medical and dental community.

Laura is waiting for today's weigh in to get done with so she can get some brekkie in her.

We seem to have lost a few chicks along the way

There we go. Ready to pick up again.

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-01-2013 at 10:58 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Good travels Michelle - your timing was perfect to avoid that storm and you seem to be doing well. Will be home before you know it. Just don't buy juice at Starbucks. Apparently a customer noticed a woman replacing juice bottles in the cold case with those in her own bag. The customer reported the woman to the employees, the woman noticed and fled but one employee got her license plate number. Turns out the juice was tainted with rubbing alcohol. Geez people - that's NOT how you make screwdriver's (an alcoholic drink). They were able to nab the woman through the license plate and have her under questioning. Crazy world out there.

Mel - I am sorry about Jen. I can sympathise that it must be very very hard coming to grips with her future. It's good that you are there for her to help her through the hurdles. And you know I'm sure when to hug and cry and when to tell her you just have to accept things and go forward. to both of you. And oh man, not another round of paper work

Annie - how's the toe today? I agree they might splint the toe - don't want to tape the big toe to the next -then it turns and you have a bunion You scared the bejeezus out of me mowing the lawn in bare feet How is Dad doing? God bless us putting up with stubborn parents - good thing we love them so much

Laura - thanks for the movie review. It's so nice to have someone who has seen things on a regular basis. I hope your weigh in goes well today. Do you know you can knock off up to a half pound on the scale if you take a deep breath when you stand on the scale? Just a trick in case you needed a bit of breakfast before weigh in You are doing great! Do you find that counting calories is easier than points?

Ceejay - how's the flooding situation down by you?

How's May looking already by you Shad? Is autumn sneaking it's way over to you?

I hope I didn't forget anything.

We had 4 glorious days of 70 degree weather the last few days. Enjoyed the fresh air. Believe it or not we STILL have snow here. Even after that and the natural dryness of the air up here. Several of the lakes are still frozen. But now we are facing yet ANOTHER winter storm 4 to 8 inches of heavy, wet stuff headed our way tonight. Oh bah, bah, bah. Michelle's timing was excellent as it's in the mountains right now and she got out ahead of it.

Went and got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I got there on time and the stylist was still working on a client so I sat and started thumbing through hair books. A short cut caught my eye and I couldn't get past it. I have basically had the same mid length bob for ages - always settle into the same hair cut. Since ATV season is starting and I generally wear a hat to keep hair from blowing in my face (a pet peeve), it was either grow the hair to wear a pony tail or cut it shorter. I have a square face shape, wear glasses and generally hate short hair on me. I told the stylish let's try short even tho every fiber in me said NO NO NO NO NO. I take my glasses off when they are fixing my hair so it's always a big surprise to me until the reveal when I put them back on again. Actually it came out kind of cute. It's different and the short layers indeed give me a bit more volume. I haven't had my hair this short since 1969 when I went from hair halfway down my back to the "new" Vidal Sassoon short pixie cut (which I totally hated) Anyway summer is coming, hair will grow out faster.

I went to the grocery store yesterday - halleluiah - stocked up on fresh goodness. I did gain back 5 pounds from when I was working but a lot of that had to do with not going to the store regularly and eating less fresh stuff. DH and I are back to walking (when it's not snowing out ) and I am going back to dieting again. Got to get the weight off as well as working on the cholesterol.

I have to go to Walmart today to get some paper goods and better get out there before the rains that are preceeding the snow hit. Have a good one chicks. Happy May - here's to a good month for all
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well, that just started my day off well. I was halfway through a post when the computer shut down to install new updates. Love it NOT.

Happy thanks for setting up the new thread, I had meant to do it yesterday afternoon but got sidetracked with gardening and helping a friend out with her cv and dealing with a stack of recruiters who have worked out that I am no longer at NTG and wish me to make money for them in some other far flung part of the world. I don't have a problem with that except that I am not ready to go back to work yet.

Mel - sorry to hear that Jen is now having problems with the paperwork that is designed to deter even the most stubborn of people. Lucky she has the original Welsh dragon to back her.

Laura - hope the weigh in goes okay, you seem to be doing very well with it. Perhaps that is what I need - more discipline.

Ceejay - so the bosses son is coming to mow your lawns now??? Hope that works out for you. As for that neighbour, who does she think she is and where does she get off with begging for food and rides.

Michelle - sounds like you are doing okay with the long drive. Hope you are avoiding all the rotten weather over there.

Annie - ouch on the toe. Hope that gets better soon. Between you and me, we must be the klutz' of the month.

Miss Sunday has just decided that the doorman (me) should let her in again. I remarked that she has dirty feet and got a really dirty look for my troubles. She then went off down to the bedroom in a huff and went out the OPEN door down there. Now she is sitting in a weed patch waiting for the sun to get there so she can sun bathe and sleep in the hedge.

Today I have to go back to the Accountant since I signed and sent back the wrong batch of paperwork. Now excuse me but if you put stickers on a batch of paperwork saying sign here - don't you think I might think that this is the paperwork to be sent back. Anyway it is partly my fault for not reading the whole lot thoroughly. So I will take the correct stuff up there today and get it off my plate for once and for all.

So saying that I better try to get into my day. Lots to do and see.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
I'm going to see how this works out. I'm sure his dad/my boss will be there with him. He's only 12. I don't really have a problem with the neighbor getting some one to mow the lawn, but they never, ever weed eat. The weed's around the door and else where is knee high. I'll probably burst her bubble again but I didn't promise her it to be a full time job for this summer. I'd like to do it but the weather isn't cooperating with me.

Happy
No flooding yet. Last week end the river was full again and flowing rapidly. It wouldn't take much for the water to get out of the banks. And thanks for setting up the new thread.
Ughh more snow. Think I'd be moving back down south.

Am I missing updates from Michelle!!!!!

Mel
Don't blame you for taking a rest. Poor Jen in having to go through this hassle too.

Laura
I don't like when the bosses are here either. But sometimes they have to be. My friend/boss and I had our backs to the door discussing some issues on the monthly report. I turned around to check on the filters and low and behold there was another boss just quietly standing there. I honestly jumped and put my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming.

Nothing new to report.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - I think most of us are getting our Michelle updates from her FB page - she's not posting here.

The snow is falling. Started when I was in Walmart and it hasn't slowed down. I think we're going to get a dumping.

Well Ceejay - although I'm not wild about the snow in May, there's not enough of it to make me run down south and deal with the horrid allergies and hot summer heat. I'm just itching for nice weather to get here already, if it never got above 72 I'd be ok with that.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #6  

Michelle has made Los Altos California where her step mum lives. She asked me to let you all know.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Girls....

My bro and I spent all day yesterday at the hospital with dad. Thank God the prayers have worked and the steroids also. His pain completely subsided Tuesday evening. He is now going to the bathroom with a walker and assistance. He finally started eating last night. One of his nurses is like a sargeant in the army. She flat out told him Tuesday nite that if he didn't start doing things for himself he would never go home but straight into a nursing home. That finally triggered his stubborn arse into moving. I am telling you it got so bad he was just p*ssing himself in the hospital bed. Once he gets released from the hospital he will go to rehab and stay until he is mobile enough to do things. Yikes, what a mess. Anyway all looks a bit brighter today.

CHELLE...great job on the haul across the U.S. See you are much stronger than you really know. Just have to put your mind to it.

SHADDIE...Guess it is my week to wear the klutz crown. I say we throw it away from this point forward. I certainly hope the accountant does not charge you more for their errors. It was probably the dingy blond admin that stuck the stickies in the wrong place. lol

HAPPY...the toe is much better, now my knee is a different story. It hurts but not unbareable. Looks like from the weather map you may be getting slammed with snow. Hope we get to summer at some point.

LAURA....how did the WI go? or did I miss that?

CEEG...happy work day!

I really need to get some work done today...blah.

Have a great day all!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...how could I forget my poopy sister....hope things are brighter in your world and Jen gets her paperwork straightened out. Hugs.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Well it's Thursday morning and it's mighty bright here. Probably from the FOOT OF SNOW we got overnight. And it's still snowing. We lost one tree in the front yard - split right in half. I can't see enough to tell if it's a double trunk or 1 tree split in the middle which means we'll lose it all. I hope not - it's a beautiful huge pine tree It's a heavy, wet snow too so the trees are really bent down heavy. DH got up earlier and the power was flickering - geez I hope it does not go out that would be disastrous for us. We are just underneath a cloud band that is very slow moving and is fed with moisture from the south so that's why we got so much. We were supposed to head up to Duluth today, thank goodness DH rescheduled his doctor's appointment. It's supposed to rain tomorrow night and get back to the 70's by Monday so this won't last long. I just fear for the trees the next 2 days. I'm sure this is confusing Mr. Bear (whom we have not seen yet thank goodness).

Ah well it's a good day to stay inside and do housework and cooking.

Glad to hear that Michelle made it safe and sound, thanks for the update Shad. The hardest part is over, now time to get settled in. Hope it is everything she was hoping it can be.

Annie - that's awful about Dad - you just made me feel better because I thought my Mom was stubborn but your Dad blew her away Thank God for the nurse who has probably seen this before and knew exactly what to say to get him motivated. Sorry to hear the knee is still bothering you. Be careful with that - so easy to re-injure it.

Mel - hope the day dawned brighter for you and Jen. Good luck with the paperwork. Be strong for both of you

Looks like everyone is heads down working hard this morning. I think I'm going to go have some breakfast just to get something in my tummy. And I need to eat those fresh berries I bought that never seem to last very long. Later chicks.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #10  

Morning all.

Mel - Trader Joe's Day!

Annie - I'm glad your dad is on the mend! I hope your knee comes along soon too - you have a garden to get in!! It might not be a bad thing if you have a rainy weekend coming up so you won't be out trying to bend and kneel getting the garden started. That's what we're going to have. Bleh.

Shad - Ugh, the paperwork. I'm probably going to be dealing with that in the near future if I get my act together. LOL, doorman to Sunday may be a full-time job. Too bad it won't pay the bills.

Ceejay - I sit in a cubicle and the way it's set up, I always have someone coming up behind me when I'm immersed in my work, scaring the bejeesus out of me. I wish I could change my workspace to avoid that, but I have a fancy adjustable keyboard tray that would have to be reinstalled, and that requires a work order, etc. PITA.

Happy - Ugh, more snow for you - quite a bit. Makes me less irritated that I wore ear warmers and gloves during my commute this morning. Actually, I might wear the ear warmers all the time while cycling - I love that it cuts off the wind noise in my ears!!! I might have to rig an unobtrusive non-fleece version - dark brown to match my hair or flesh colored to match my skin, teehee - and wear them year-round. But I'm sure that wouldn't work with my helmet (which I use when I go on "real" bike rides) - the ear warmers I have go around the back of my head. Maybe I'll do a test tonight. Okay, enought brainstorming during your personals... So, are you still liking your short haircut??? I think we need to see a photo...right everyone???

Michelle - Congrats on the successful completion of your trip!!!
===
My weigh-in yesterday went fine. My previous two weigh-ins for the contest showed that the contest scale was a pound less than my home scale, and I was also sure I'd lost weight and hadn't gained over the past month, so I was confident I wouldn't have to ante up $10 for the prize kitty (the gain penalty). : The top 8 losers for the month of April were awarded a ticket to a Cubs game tomorrow. I did make it into that group (whoo!) but the weather's going to be crummy - chilly and rainy - tomorrow, so I'm currently trying to give away my ticket. I didn't win or place for the overall contest, but that's okay with me. I really didn't want any attention focused on me. However, the $$ would have been nice - 1, 2, & 3 won $1,050, $210, and $140 respectively. Nice!!! In the end, I lost 14 pounds since Feb 1st according to the contest scale, so that's a nice result. We heard that next year there might be a challenge of IT vs. Finance. Should be interesting.

Last night I went with bf when he bought his new cell phone. He bought the new Samsung Galaxy 4something latest greatest. He actually sold his iPhone for the same amount that it cost him to buy the new phone! He will be selling my iPhone and I'll also get the Samsung, but I'll wait a few days and see if he hits any snags in the transition. So far all seems to be good - his contacts came over no problem, etc. We'll see how the Android side of the world operates.

Okay, back to the grind. Everyone have a great day!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I'm here in Sunny Northern CA. it's going to be 90 today. I'm taking my friend Anne (the woman who made the trip to CA with me and Santa) to see the redwoods and then to the beach.

It was a long drive, and stressful going through the mountains...and there were so many mountains!!! But it's all worth it, just to be here.

My friend Anne heads back to WI tomorrow morning. I'm unloading the truck into a storage space on Saturday. and I start my new job on Monday!

I might not get a chance to check in for personals until tomorrow. Happy, I'm so sorry you got MORE SNOW! UGH!

Much love and many hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

Way to go CHELLE....YOU ROCKED that truck all the way to CA!....so proud of you.

LAURA...congrats on the WL....somehow when money is involved we seem to pay more attention. I love the Cubbies but wouldn't want to sit in crappy weather to watch it either.

HAPPY...wet snow is good for building snowmen and snow forts. You and DH should go out and play...lol Be sure to spray your plastic container that you make the snow blocks for the fort with Pam, they slide out much easier. Send me a pix of your new do!

Well gotta get back at it, have 200 packets to put together for Monday mornings enrollment meeting. So far I have only printed the material. bleh
Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #13  

Morning all,
Today I get to climb a ladder and clean off the top of the kitchen cupboards. I fail to see how they can get as dirty, dusty, greasy and grubby as they do. After that, it will be time to shift a few of the contents of those cupboards around. Sort out what should go out and what should stay. Then there is the laundry and sweeping the driveway and cleaning out the fridge. That should take care of a couple of hours. Then I'd better do some shopping and take a wander around the garden and sort out some things there. I'm knocking off at 2pm regardless. I will need some downtime.

Michelle - good to hear that you are home safe and sound. That was quite a journey. How many people did you hack off over the mountain passes by driving slowly? Enjoy the trees. I'm hoping to see the sequoias when I get over next year. I'd like to go to Yosemite or Yellowstone as well.

Annie - sometimes folks have to be provoked into doing things for their own good. My mother was as bad. Stubborn old lady. Put her in a home for her own safety and she escaped several times. Said she wanted to go home. Where's home???? She didn't know but she wanted to go there.
Anyway, I am glad that Dad has decided to behave and bless the Sergeant Major Nurse.
Throw away the klutz crown if you wish, but I reckon that thing is like a boomerang and keeps coming back to chop us off at the knees again.

Mel - must be off dealing with things for Jen.

Happy - more freaking snow??? You are on your own there girl. I'm complaining of the cold at 22C - around 70F. Think we skipped Autumn and went to winter. What am I saying - only two seasons here - Hot and wet and humid, Warm days, cool nights and no humidity.

Laura - always the paperwork. Jobs not finished until that is done. Had a chat with the accountant yesterday when I went in. There isn't too many ways to avoid tax these days but if I only work part time, I might not have to worry too much. Well hallelujah. Now to find a part time project.
New phone to get hacked off with? I am going to have to get one as well. This one has nearly done its dash and is beginning to show it's age. I'd be interested to see how yours goes. One thing that really annoys me is that they make every model with a different plug in for the battery replenishment. I have a phone charger for every suitcase I own and when I change, I will have to throw all those out too. Bah humbug
Nice going with the weigh ins and the weight loss. Rocking it.

Ceejay - hope the grass mowing and weed whacking works out for you. About time there was someone reliable to do all those things.
Lets hope the rivers don't rise too much.

Miss puss has given up expecting more food and gone outside. She is sitting in the sun on the garden patch of weeds I haven't got to yet. No doubt she will spread the seeds across the yard. Goodonya cat. Later when she is warm enough she will go into the hedge and settle down for a long winters nap - until something living wanders past that she can reach out and scratch or snatch

So with that, I am off to make a start on todays list of things to do. Its only a page full in a small notebook. I should be able to get through that - right?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Some one rang the door bell this morning at 9.30 but I was asleep and didn't get up to go to see who it was. Maybe one day the girls down the street will get the message, don't ask me.

Woke up with a bad headache. I slept for a bit this afternoon but it's still with me. Finally broke down and took something for it.

Went to pay the rent and then out to the river. It's so peaceful out there for some reason. There was a tug boat that looked like was hauling chat/gravel.
There was a lot of drift wood out in the water. Kind of amazing to see some floating up the river then turning around and going back down. I'm guessing they got caught in the eddy.
--------
Michelle
You made it to California. I'm proud of any one that can maneuver those mountains. Let me know if you meet my nephew. He's really a neat guy.

Annie
It's good to hear that your dad is making improvement.

Laura
Congrats on the weight loss.

Happy
Maybe next week you can enjoy some warmer weather. It's gotten hot here at 82 degree's, but the humidity levels are low so that makes a difference.
Today we have a light rain.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #15  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Girls....

Went to visit with dad after work yesterday, he started talking about the nurse who gave him a sponge bath and washed everything, even his winky dink, I said whoa dad, enough I do not want to hear about that. It kind of grossed me out. lol. My brother was just whooping and laughing at me. BLEH to say the least. He goes to rehab soon, it is a much nicer one than my momma was in, which is where she should of been in the first place but because my dad was such an *ss, he put her where he wanted her instead of where she should of been. oh well that is in the past.

SHADDIE....sounds like you have a plan to work that yard/garden. I cannot even find the time or dry weather to get mine done/in. Rain today through Sunday. I am sick of rain, HAPPY is sick of snow, and LAURA is just plain tired of it too. Yes, why is it the top of the fridge and cabinets get so dang dirty? Yeah as long as it is flip flop season the klutz crown will be around for me. I am forever getting them stuck under things that in turn sends me flying to the ground. I know quit wearing them, can't do it. Closest I can get to barefooted without being barefooted.

CEEG....Who in there right mind knocks or calls someone unplanned before 10 am anyway. People are just so rude and self-centered. Sorry to hear about your headache. Maybe if you take something when it first comes about it would get as bad. Head it off at the pass so to speak. Better living through chemicals sister. Hugs.

Hello to all you lovely ladies, make it a great day/night/time!!!