View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 09:42 PM   #8
LindaBC
Slimwithin

DATE: Sept 23/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LindaBC/Linda

BIRTHDAY: Feb 25/43

MARITAL STATUS: Married 39 years

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 grown daughters. Older daughter has two teenage sons. Younger daughter expecting first baby in November.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I read a LOT. Crossword puzzles. Scrabble. Cribbage. Canasta. Decorative Painting. Sewing. Gardening.

PETS: None...just a couple of bird feeders and a friendly neighbour's dog

ATKINS START DATE: Seriously in mid-July but I've tried it on and off for years.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I was very successful the first time I went on Atkins back in the 70s. Lost nearly 100 lb. Got scared by all the so-called experts saying it would kill me and gained it all back plus extra. I've always believed it was the best way to go though. I always feel so "in control" when I strictly limit carbs.

TOP WEIGHT: 304

CURRENT WEIGHT: 280

GOAL WEIGHT: Anything under 200 would thrill me.

HEIGHT: 5' 4"
EYE COLOR: Dk Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dk Brown with a few gray strands

OCCUPATION: Secretary in home office for hubby's construction company

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: 40 miles east of Vancouver Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Carb Addiction. I can't seem to stop once I start so there are no "days off" for this old gal. I'm severely insulin resistant, a Type 2 Diabetic and hypothyroid. My age combined with various meds make it very difficult for me to lose the way I used to. I'm on Metformin but it sure hasn't helped me lose any weight. I'm also on Lipitor for cholesterol.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've finally recognized that I'm going to have to exercise more and I've recently begun doing the Body Flex Workout in addition to three hours a week deep water jogging.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I've gained and lost so many times I think my poor mixed-up metabolism hasn't a clue what's expected of it. I just keep plugging away and hoping for the best.
WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
1.) Lose the weight while you're young and KEEP IT OFF!! Most of you Chicks appear to be in your 30s and 40s. Don't put it off. Lose it now. The older you get, the more difficult it is to lose weight. Trust one who knows.
2.) Also, as you get older and pack around a lot of extra pounds, you start to get aches and pains that make it ever more difficult to exercise. That makes it very easy to just turn into a couch potato and give up on yourself. It happened to me.
3.) Try to avoid taking medications. They can really screw up your metabolism.