Old 09-22-2003, 06:00 PM   #4
Kim in NJ
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Talking Nice to be here....

DATE: 9/22/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kim in NJ / Kim

BIRTHDAY: 12/3/64

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Married 16 years to a wonderful man and stay at home dad, 2 daughters (7 yr old and a 1 yr old)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Camping, Sewing, Teaching Bible Classes for elementary/middle school grades.

PETS: Lucas - our 100lb yellow lab

ATKINS START DATE: July 10, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I think it was the only thing I hadn't tried....and I could easily give up breads, pastas and rice. It's the sweets that kill me!

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 223

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5 ft 5 inches

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown with blonde highlights (non of it natural of course!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: The New Jersey Shoreline

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: It's actually my biggest problem in LIFE...I do not know or understand the word "MODERATION". I'm either all for something - or not trying at all. I tend to put all my efforts into something and then other things have to give. So that I am on Atkins and really trying to follow the program, my house is a mess!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My pulmonologist asked to see my dd's pictures at my summer checkup and said "They are beautiful...how many more years do you plan to be around for them?" And he's painfully right!!!! I've tasted pretty much everything in my lifetime, I need to again taste the "Feeling" of being thin and active with my family.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Unfortunately I have had the taste of thin-ness before and I blew it. In 1992 I used Slimfast for 2 years to go from 200 lbs down to 128. The most horrifying day of my life was when I found out that I indeed am a "Petite" size and I could not rely on the excuse of being "Big boned".

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
I am finding Atkins to really work well with my lifestyle. I just need to keep reminding myself that I have a different metabolism than my husband and children and therefore cannot eat as they do. But when I am 60 my family will hopefully care less that I ate differently than they did....especially if they can recall bike rides as a family and just general "active" type activities as a family. I've been hiding in my house too long in my size 26 nightgowns! Please pray for me - I am happy to be here with you all.

Re-committed to following Accu-Weight Loss program (aka "The Bead Diet) 1/15/2011.
Love this plan!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote