View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #52
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

The frig got repaired. The fan that sends the cold air from the freezer to the frig was dead...and had to be replaced. Luckily, he had a replacement fan on his truck. It wasn't cheap...but not as much as a new frig...so I told the guy to fix the dang thing so that i can actually keep fresh food in my house. I'm going to spend a few minutes online today to get a good shopping list of staples for managing diabetes, and then stop at the store on the way home from work. The repair guy said it should be down to a safe temperature within 24 hours. This morning, I checked the thermometer in the frig, and it was 35, which is just about perfect.

Last night was rough...I'd went to bed very early because I was exhausted, and the ex called me at 8:45, our little 6 year old female dog Mischief (the one on the special meds) had been laying down and when she stood up, she collapsed. She was hyperventilating (which is a symptom of her condition, and usually her breathing evens out quickly). This time it did not. I got over there in 10 minutes, but she had already passed. We were both so broken up about it. Our last little female Pixie only lived 6 years or so. My ex is taking her to the humane society this morning to have her cremated.

I left Santa there with him and Doppler, mostly so that Doppler wouldn't be alone in the house today. Doppler seemed upset and confused why Mischief wasn't responding anymore. I'll pick Santa up tonight after the ex gets home, and Santa and I will be at the house a lot over the weekend as I continue to box stuff up and move it to the new place.

===========
Ceejay - So scary to have a break in next door! I hope the police have enough evidence from your camera to catch the culprits.

Happy - Good for you for going through some boxes. I don't feel like unpacking ANY boxes...of course, I'm in a different situation than you. My opinion is should I just live out of the boxes for the next 6-9 months, rather than unpack and repack them?

I hope the rest of y'all are doing well.

Much love and many hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 11-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote