Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #136  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Had a big long post and lost it due to my own stupidity. Hits self on ear. Think Stupid. Do not shut down all tabs at once. Think about what you have open. Should have taken notice of my nieces post on facebook. "I wouldn't have to manage my anger if you managed your stupidity.

Anyway lets see what I can remember from before.

There have been some severe storms over South East Queensland and the city of Brisbane and a bit north have copped a fair amount of damage. We seem to have gotten off fairly lightly although both Chris and the DS2 report that the corn is flattened. So the DS2's girlfriend 'liberated' some. Chris took some as well and she gave some to the neighbour. All else seems to have survived.
The DS2 got called into work after the first storm on Saturday and worked from 11.00am to around 6.00pm, then got called back to work at 11.30 that night and worked through until about 8.00am. They lost power to something like 13000 homes. They had most back on line when the second storm hit and wiped out a few more. Then today there has been another round of storms so I guess he will be called in again.
When I spoke to him I said that my mate Mick called to thank him. Their power was off for such a short time that his beer didn't have time to get warm. Gotta get the priorities right you know.

Yesterday I went up to the Parap Markets. I got a pink clown doll for Sophia. I was going to get one of those picaninny dolls - formerly know as Golliwogs. I love them. My sister has one that was knitted for her by my fathers sister (or if you look at the family tree, his aunt). She has had it since she was very small and treasures it. But I wasn't exactly sure of the reception it might get so I got the pink clown.
I also bought some pickles and jams - just small jars and a stack of veges and fruit - stone fruit is in, and so are mangoes and I also got some grapes and rambutans (think lychee but hairy) and a mangosteen which I need to eat quickly as they don't last very long. There were a couple of dresses that I wouldn't have minded either but didn't fancy getting dressed and undressed in that sweaty heat. I'll try back there some other time.

Today I went to visit Darwin's 'burbs. Naturally enough I gravitated towards the expenses 'burbs first. Canal zones and old money. I will try to post some on the bottom of this post late. (that's what caused me to lose the first post) I went to East Point just north of Fannie Bay. It has a lot of WW11 stuff up there. Darwin was bombed quite extensively in February 1942 however when Pearl Harbour happened, Darwin sort of got put on the back burner as far as defending Australia went even tho' they lost a lot of shipping and a lot of people died. Anyway, it was a lovely walk although awfully warm and humid.

Mel - hope you feel better soon

Happy - Hope the day wasn't as long and as tiresome as expected

Michelle - Hope the back is coming right with rest and relaxation

Laura - Well done on the Tighter Assets class. Hope the stiffness didn't get too bad.

Ceejay - always nice to have a clean place to come home to.

Annie - Geez C made the right decision there didn't he. Good for him.
We don't get Twinkies down here, but I often wondered what they put in them to make them last so long. Can't be good for you.

Anyway, Michael Palin is doing a doco on Brazil. Now I really don't care if I never go there, but I do like Michael. He has such a nice ugly face. His Monty Python skits used to reduce me to tears.

And while I think about it. The revered, esteemed captain of our revered beloved rugby team is coming to the States on holiday. The guy is taking a six month sabbatical from rugby so he can rest, relax and recover from his amazing career so far. So if you see a gorgeous man with a good Kiwi accent in you local store or popcorn place, plant a huge kiss on his face from me. Beats any of the firies around the place. He is known as Mr McCawesome in our circles.

Right I will post this and then try to get some pictures in before it is time for bed.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #137  

Okay some Attachments
1. I'll leave you to guess what this one is. No war damage here, just nature doing its thing
2. This is the drive up to East Point. It is full of these Poinciana trees all in full bloom. Actually you can see these in bloom from the air. Great splashes of red everywhere
3. Ebony and Ivory on a branch. Don't know why we have fog in the lower corner. All I can think of is the humidity. The camera might have fogged up.
4. Mr McCawesome. Richie McCaw. NZ's answer to Brad Pitt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 037 (600x800).jpg (39.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 029 (600x800).jpg (44.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (16.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Richie McCaw.jpg (5.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #138  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING

YOU ARE LUCKY GIRLS. I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TODAY.
WE CHATTED. WE ATE, WE WATCHED CHRISTMAS MOVIES.
THAT WAS THE EXCITEMENT FOR SATURDAY.

SHAD.....SPEAKING OF THE WAR, I REMEMBER A PROGRAM ON TV.
IT TOLD OF HOW DARWIN AND OTHER PLACES WERE OVER RUN BY THE NEWS OF PEARL HARBOR. WHEN I SEE THOSE SHOWS AND SEE THE NEWS TODAY IT'S A BIT SCARY. ON ANOTHER NOTE....I LOVED THE PICS AND THE FUNNY THING WAS I THOUGHT EBONY & IVORY AS SOON AS I SAW THE PIC....WHEN I READ YOUR POST I CRACKED UP. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE. LOVE ALL THE STUFF YOU BOUGHT AND GO BACK FOR THE DRESSES! I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THE WW11 STUFF.
IS THE FIRST PIC OF ROCK EROSION?? CAN'T THINK WHAT ELSE IT COULD BE.
ALSO.....IS IT NEAR AUTUMN BY YOU????? I THOUGHT IT WAS SUMMER.
WHY ARE THE LEAVES CHANGING??
I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT THRU THE STORM AND THE OTHER PLACES TOO. I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE WEATHER CHANNEL FOR AWHILE. SEEMS LIKE MOTHER NATURE HAS RUN AMOK

YOU DID MAKE ME LAUGH AT THE PICANNINY DOLL....I THINK YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE WITH THE PINK CLOWN

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-18-2012 at 07:48 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #139  
Happy September

IF I SAW THIS GUY IN MY SUPERMARKET OR POPCORN SHOP, I KNOW I COULD GET UP AND WALK AGAIN!!! maybe even run....JUST TO CHASE HIM DOWN THE STREET!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-18-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #140  
Happy September

I PRINTED 100 OF THESE LITTLE GUYS, CUT THEM OUT AND STUCK A MINI CANDY CANE
ON THE BACK WITH A HANDWRITTEN NOTE.
THESE WILL HANG ON THE SENIORS DOORKNOBS JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS WITH A YARN LOOP.

THEN I PRINTED OUT THESE ROUND STICKERS AND GLUED THEM TO THE TOPS OF STARBUCK'S BOTTLES.
THEN FILLED THE BOTTLES WITH MINTS.
THOSE ARE FOR ALL THE PEEPS THAT DROPPED OFF FOOD & TOOK SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME BOTH TIMES I WAS SICK. RICHIE HELPED ME PICK OUT THE MINTS CAUSE MAINLY THEY WERE HISPANIC.

NOW I AM TAKING A BREAK BUT I WANTED TO SHARE MY ALL THINGS CHRISTMASSY DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Looks like you are getting an early start on Christmas presents.

Shad
He's a keeper for sure. Wish I could take a 6 month sabbatical.

-------
Had a good Saturday/ Sunday afternoon. Bought a couple of sweaters at J C Penny's but I'm taking those back cause they didn't fit. The companies have either changed their sizing or I've gained more weight. I'm still wearing the same size as I bought last year. The stores are crammed packed with merchandise. I could barely get through.

Have a good one.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #142  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't post this weekend - finally had a bit of time to myself. Went to 2 local craft shows yesterday. Got a few small presents. Hoping to score bigger at another show next weekend. Today DH and I went out for a burger and a drink or two at a local bar and met up with one set of cousins. It was nice to get out. Tomorrow kicks off a very long work week. I have Tuesday off - dentist appointment and grocery shopping for the Thanksgiving holiday and I have Thursday off for the holiday. Friday and Saturday will be LONG LONG workdays. We will be open until 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays until the New Year as they are doing a light show in town. We'll see if it brings in any additional business. I am tired already. And my right foot is really bothering me alot. I truly hope that I don't have a bunion on that foot because I am not going through surgery again - can't afford it. Don't need the pain. And DH does not need a raving lunatic on his hands - again. I am debating about seeing a podiatrist - probably could use a cortazone shot at the very least. Shoes, cushy socks and insoles don't help. Nor do foot soaks.

Ceejay - I agree with the sizing issues. I have had problems with JCP for a few years now. As we discussed before, I would buy a couple of pairs of black dress pants when I found something I liked. Have noticed with them more than once I'd try on one pair, fit good so I'd buy 3 off the rack - same size although maybe all black, maybe different colors. Get home and no 2 pairs fit the same. I think it has to do with their methods of manufacturing now.

Speaking of all black - OMG - what a hottie in McCawsome. If Mel didn't catch him I would. Of course I'd hold him down waiting for her to catch up but I hope she wouldn't mind if I entertained him while waiting Mmmm Mmmm MMMMMMMMMM.

Shad - the bar we went to had the Australian bar keep. We did not discuss the merits of the footy team or which was the better place to vacation. I did however have a conversation with my cousin S and his friend who did not believe that there is a hole in the ozone layer over your fine country. I told S he could ask you himself although I think those subjects are a bit above his level of science knowledge. The conversation began because S's friend was married to a nice lady from the Phillipines and they were trying to explain to her why they called me a "tree hugger". Which of course is an enviromentalist among other things to which they both poo poo'd the idea of global warming - the boys that is. Lady friend told an amazing story of her tribulations to get into this country legally. Anyway I digress. You posted lovely pictures. I am amazed at the sky high picture of the trees in bloom. Can't say I've ever seen red like that. Very nice! I had to look up Picaninny - yes, it was exactly as I thought. Good idea with the clown. I recently saw in a store a teething toy - a soft giraffe named Sophia that is apparently all the rage. I guess it comes in vanilla flavored too. I hope the storms subsided and you are not in for a repeat of the dreadful flooding you had last year.

Mel - love your holiday decorations. Good using your head for a nice practical gift. I think it's a great idea and the seniors will love their door stickers. Might be the only decorations some have to display. I'm very sorry to hear that Ritchie was laid off again - I hope it's very temporary - bad time of year for this to happen. Maybe he should have bought some of those rogue Twinkies although it seems someone may buy the company and continue to make them. If they do might be like a local Chicago candy company - Fannie Mae - they were never the same again. Nor was Frango Mints after Macy's took over Marshall Field's store. Been so long since I've had a Twinkie that I'd probably not notice the difference in taste anyway.

Hope you got a bit of rest Michelle - sounds like you are very very busy too. Does it feel odd not to have the freeze on year end changes like you had in the retail sector?

It's almost 1am and I have to get up at 7 so I really need to get off this computer and get to bed. Hope you all had a nice weekend. And at least some of you will be getting a long weekend this week. If you're free anyone want to come over and put up my Christmas decorations? I'm not sure I'm going to have time this year...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #143  

First prize goes to Mel who correctly guess the rock erosion. The beach - if you can call it such had these beautiful coloured stone strata and the one with the holes in it is the home for some tiny sea creatures. Some of the rocks had some very funny shapes

And there is a sign that I could use in the office or around the joint. There is a fair number of humans that need training.

Not too many of us in this weekend. Everyone is off having a good time or something.

Happy hope you don't get too sore working. Funny you couldn't wait to retire and now you are working harder than ever.

Mel - those decorations look great. Sorry to hear about Richie. Hope he gets back to work soon. Glad you like my Mr McCawsome. I guess I better warn him about women in wheelchairs in supermarkets in NJ. There's a few more hotties on the team but this one is best.
Yes it is summer here. Those trees are covered in red blossom, not red and gold leaves. Don't get autumn here. Either hot and wet and humin or hot and dry and not quite so humid.

Ceejay - you can take a permanent sabbatical in a couple of years. You will have deserved it.

Better day in the office today - or maybe it was because I was a bit more relaxed after a good weekend. Or maybe it was just because I solved a problem that had been bugging me or maybe it was just that I had a good companion to talk to on the drive out to Highway House. Who knows, but I will take it.

Mean time it is getting on for bedtime. I had better go otherwise I will have trouble getting up again in the morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 038 (800x600).jpg (49.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 027 (800x600).jpg (39.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (2) (800x600).jpg (28.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #144  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS:coffee"

LOTS OF LAST NIMUTE REPORTS.
SO I AM HEADING DOWNSTAIRS FOR AN EARLY MEET.
IT WAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND TILL DINNER TIME.
THEN ALL HECK BROKE LOOSE.
I MUST SAY IT AGAIN...THE COPS AND AMBULANCE ARE THE BEST.
THEY TAKE SUCH GOOD CARE OF THE SENIORS EVEN IN THE WORST CONDITIONS.
MY HAT IS OFF TO THEM.
OK GOTTA READ & RUN.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY......SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE SIZING KEEPS CHANGING.
LATELY I HAVE HAD TO TAKE A TAPE MEASURE OR TRY IT ON.
HOPE YOU CAN FIND A NICE COMFY SIZE.

HAPPY....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FOOT.
IT'S NOT THAT THING WHERE YOU ROLL A BOTTLE OF COLD WATER UNDER IT IS IT??
SENDING YOUR TOOTSIES A HUG AND A GET WELL THOUGHT!!
THAT'S A LOT OF STANDING HOURS THIS WEEK. GOOD LUCK.
HOPE BUSINESS WILL BE BOOMING WITH THE LIGHT SHOW.

SHAD....THE SIGN JUST ABOUT CRACKED ME UP FOR GOOD
I SHOULD PRINT THAT OUT AND STICK IT ON THE BULLETIN BOARD!!
OMG TOO FUNNY. NICE TO WAKE UP WITH A LAUGH...THANKS.
HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR WEEKEND WAS SO GOOD AND THE WEEK IS BEGINNING SO WELL.
DON'T QUESTION IT.

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-19-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #145  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy short work week for. First time in 4 years I will not be working at CVS the Friday, Sat, & Sun after Thanksgiving....excited.

Worked my arse off yesterday...swept & mopped the kitchen, ran the vacuum, did 4 loads of laundry, then C and I went and picked up lunch, took it to dad's and ate with him. I cleaned his kitchen. Cleared off the entire cabinets, washed them down, found some mouse turds, did the dishes and washed down his stove. Called my brother and told him to take care of the mice that may be luming around. Not my area of expertise. Nor do I want to do it. Yuck. His kitchen is now presentable. We went to Jareds and C bought me my Christmas presents. I will try to post a pix of them this evening. So beautiful. Came home, made sausage/hamburger/cheese dip in the crockpot and a small veggie platter as C's DD and BF came over to watch the Colts get creamed. They left, I died when I hit the bed.

I guess I will be getting little man a wagon for Christmas as that is what Samantha wants...lol. So far all I have for Ainsley is a "tinkerbell" sleeping bag. As far as the kids go, they will get gift cards and a few lil trinkets in their stockings.

SHADDIE...I do believe I would have to go on the sabbatical with Mr. McCawsome. He does look quite yummy...where did you say he would be staying in the states when he visits? lol How much longer do you have at that assignment?

MELLIE...thought about you all weekend as I watched some of Hallmark's Christmas movies. I even watched a couple of them twice....well they were on the tube while I worked around the house. Your decorations for the seniors are so cute. So creative.

HAPPY...I can feel your feet hurting and can relate to being on your feet. God love ya. Sounds like you had a few nice days off, I guess to gear you up for this work week. Blah. May the force be with you.

LAURA...When I first read the tigheter assets class, I was thinking finances until I read on. I think both the finances and the bod hurts when it comes to tighter assets...lol

CEEG....I agree with you on the sizing thing at JCP. I just brought a blouse to work with me that I am returning at JCP on my lunch hour today.

CHELLE...hope you had a peaceful, relaxing weekend so your back can heal. hugs.

Oh.....and

Yes, C and I are very greatful that he left Hostess and is now with Flowers. A couple of his buddies from Hostess called him over the weekend asking if FLowers was hiring. Yes they are and he hooked them up. As it turns out Flowers may be the one to inherit the Hostess line. At the moment it looks like that is the way it is going.

The pitch-in (pot luck) on Friday was a huge success. Today we will be eating leftovers...veggie tray, turkey, and chicken tenders from Chick-Filet. By the time TG gets here I will be burnt out on turkey.

That is about it for me..hello to all the worldlie girlies.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #146  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Monday Morning friends,

OMG Annie you have Chick-fil-A tenders? Can I have one please?????? I am craving them and California Roll sushi lately. Not together mind you, just a taste for them. That was really good of you to clean up dad's place - sounds like he needs a kitty cat But then you'd have fur and litter to clean up. Sounds like you had a typical Annie whirlwind weekend. Isn't it nice to know that you can enjoy the long weekend without having to work? Hope C has it off too but I'm betting not. I have dibs on Mr. McCawsome. You and Mel can fight over - geez what was our man servant's name at the beach spa? Started with a P was it????? I had to smile at your comment about being burnt out on turkey - I don't eat it that much and I usually get a huge taste for it the beginning of November. Then when Thanksgiving rolls around, I don't feel like eating it. But then again who said you HAVE to eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

I hope all of these people who bought up all the Twinkies hoping to score big profits on e-bay get stuck with them now that there are talks for someone to buy at least that arm of the business. I hate when people hoard like that - same thing like at Christmas for the hot toys. NOT what I consider the true entreprenural spirit. Ain't I a mean old cuss?

It's hunting season here and you have to wear fiery neon orange clothing if you are out in the woods taking a walk about. Yesterday in the bar hunters of course came in at the end of the day and you should see the creative duds they are wearing - all in blaze orange of course. Came a long way from orange hats and vests. I think one guy had leopard print fleece pants in orange and black

Mel - I am glad that the town takes care of the seniors out your way. So many get forgotten about and as you tell us, never a dull moment in your building. Will Jen paint the windows or is she done doing that? Thank you for the suggestion about the water bottle on the foot - that would probably help alot.

More nice pictures Shad. I can hear the gentle sounds of the water babbling down the stones. I'm glad you got away from the crazy people - at least for a while. Yes, you are right - I AM working harder than I was in my desk job. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it I should make a nice little pile of mad money by the end of the year. Am hoping after that I can take a break away from this job - it's just too boring when it's slow. Still better than what you and Michelle are dealing with tho...

Guess I should go hop in the shower - even though it seems I just got out of it.

Good morning to the rest of the crew, catch up with you later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #147  

Morning all.

Mel - Everyone gets a kick out the the name of the class "Tighter Assets". Sorry to hear about Richie's layoff - hope it doesn't last long. Hope you get a nice rest after reporting the weekends "activities" (aka emergencies/mishaps). Never a dull moment. I love your gift ideas for the seniors and for your helpers.

Shad - Love the photos! I'm glad you had a nice weekend and saw such beautiful scenery, and that it helped you get through the workday! I will keep an eye out for Mr. McCawsome!! Quite the eye candy! Well, one of my quads had just normal soreness after that Thursday class, but the left one had significant soreness that lingered all the way into yesterday - must have really overdone it with that one, or pulled the muscle. Better today though - finally.

Ceejay - Too bad about the sweaters. I haven't shopped at JCP in years - Kohl's is so close to the house, I end up there a LOT. But...after buying a couple sweaters from there, I no longer buy them - they just get all stretched out and droopy after a short while. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with sweaters! A friend of mine likes JCP for clothes, but you do have to be careful with sizes anywhere these days. I was thinking of that when I bought my two identical pairs of jeans and made sure I tried them both on. Same for the two pair of Lees - and even though they were the same style and size, they did feel slightly different, but not enough to not buy both.

Happy - Sorry your foot is bothering you. All those long hours coming up at the shop have got to be worrisome. I hope the foot doc can help you with the pain. I'm in need of a new pair of sneakers and am not looking forward to the search. Even the ones I've had that are supportive in the arch area have a lot of mesh in the front and do not support the forefoot well at all, and so my right foot, which has a bunion, does have occasional pain. My plan is to go to a DSW or a local store that has all the shoes on the floor available to try and just try on a bunch of different ones to see what works. Then I'll probably go online and get them for cheaper, lol.

Annie - You had quite the weekend - did you really do all that in just two days?! Glad you got your dad's kitchen cleaned out - ick, mouse turds! I was watching American Pickers yesterday and they did a pick in a house that the parents had lived in and the son hadn's cleaned it out since they'd passed - it had been years! Food still in the cabinets - I was glad they didn't come across any evidence of pest invasion (or show it on tv if they did). Early Christmas gifts of jewelry - hang onto C!! Nice Flowers can hire some of the displaced Hostess workers. Except for the impact on the workers and the communities, I'm not too upset about life without Twinkies. I just read an article in the Sunday paper about how many chemicals they used in them to make them shelf stable - it's amazing how they can make them palatable with all that stuff in there.

Hellos to the rest of the gang!
==
Well, back to Monday. Nice that this'll be a short week, and that I'm also taking next Monday off work for an extended long weekend.

I skipped exercise classes this weekend because of my really sore left quadricep. I did, however, still take a couple nice long dogwalks - the weather's been pretty nice for this time of year.

Bf and I were out an about Saturday - four grocery stores, and we're not even hosting any dinners! One of the stops was Trader Joe's for a lot of our usual stuff from there, and we also ended up buying a magnum of some really tasty prosecco they were giving tastings of. It's a dry sparkling white wine and we both love it. We better love it, otherwise who will guzzle it all down before it goes flat, LOL.

We also hit an extra store because it seems the stores only sell French's brand of french-fried onions and not the Durkee brand. Never did find them. Bf will use them in his green bean casserole.

Sunday after some time with the papers, we went out and bought new phones - the batteries on our current cordless phones are losing power too quickly. This new phone was on sale and it comes with 5 handsets! Guess we can also retire the two old corded phones we have. We stopped for lunch at Famous Dave's bbq afterwards, and yes, I had the chicken/wild rice soup in a combo with a baked potato. I brought half the potato and the cornbread muffin home - that soup is filling!

Did a lot of vacuuming this weekend, ugh. Bf and I usually share this duty, but he never seems to look at the roller brushes on our upright and the stick vac, and so I got stuck using our little hook tool to pull off the hair that winds around it. Bleh. But I guess that's only fair that I clean it - I'm the only one in the house that has hair long enough to wind around like that.

Tonight's football - we'll see if I feel like watching it. I should probably do some exercise since I didn't do a class this past weekend.

Okay, enough of the rambling. Back to work!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #148  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I had a good weekend. I spent Saturday moving more stuff out of my old house and into my new place. I think I've got everything of mine (except for what's in the basement) out of there. I wanted to work on the divorce paperwork with the ex, but he didn't want to. So I'll work on it during the week.

The ex is getting a new dog today from the humane society. An 18 month old black Minature Schnauzer. I've seen a picture, and he's a real cutie. My ex took Doppler to meet the new dog over the weekend, and they got along really well. The little one really brought out the puppy playfulness in 12 year old Doppler.

My ex-DMIL was at the house this past weekend. It was good to see her again. We're hopefully going to see the new Twilight movie this coming weekend.

Not much else is news....Santa is home alone at my place this week. I hope he's doing ok.

Gotta get back to work....lots to get done.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #149  

So annoyed. I saw on my calendar I had my annual gyne appt tonight and yet I hadn't received a confirmation call. I phoned and they didn't have me down for an appointment tonight, or at all! Grrrr. I made the appointment for the exam at the same time I made one for my mammo. No problems w/ the mammo appt. Sigh. I didn't make another appt. Don't know if I will or not. I might just ask my primary physician for a recommendation, or maybe from the girls at bookclub next weekend.
==
Hi Michelle! Glad you had a good weekend. I hope Santa's okay at home!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks for the input on the sizing of the clothes. Makes me feel a bit better.

Happy
I have the same problem with the one foot I didn't have surgery on. It swells up in the arch and on top of my foot. It can be painful but like you I'm not lookng to have any more surgery.

Laura
I have had the same problems. They made the appointment, gave me a card and time and forgot to write it down. Don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere else.

--------
More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-19-2012 at 05:55 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote