Old 03-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Default IP Weekend chat Sat 3/31-Sun 4/1

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by mtnsun4; 03-31-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: took out personal link
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #2  

Good morning fellow IP'ers! I hope nobody minds that I started the daily chat for the weekend! We have a busy weekend- mostly staying around the house doing some house work, yard work, garage work......

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. Tragically, a mother claimed her 7 month old baby was missing and the police found the deceased baby in a dumpster only 1 block from my office. I was so sad, mad, angry- many emotions yesterday. Normally I would use food to feed my emotions but one proud moment is that I DID NOT use food- I used expressing my feelings verbally and on a blog.

I am hoping everyone has a great weekend! On to more positive things today.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #3  

Bummer- just realized my post does not include the links. If someone wants to re-post, go for it!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning fellow IP'ers! I hope nobody minds that I started the daily chat for the weekend! We have a busy weekend- mostly staying around the house doing some house work, yard work, garage work......

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. Tragically, a mother claimed her 7 month old baby was missing and the police found the deceased baby in a dumpster only 1 block from my office. I was so sad, mad, angry- many emotions yesterday. Normally I would use food to feed my emotions but one proud moment is that I DID NOT use food- I used expressing my feelings verbally and on a blog.

OMG thats horrible and very sad.
Good for you not giving in to emotional eating.
Thanks for starting the thread
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #5  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wow I am the first poster for the weekend! Busy Saturday morning in my household. One daughter getting ready for " Skiesta" at our local ski area. The other daughter getting ready to go brand cattle. Active way to end springbreak!
Meanwhile I am getting ready for another great OP day. Hope you all have a great one too!
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Saturday everybody!!!
Felling good today. I am going to try to "move" today. Got some spring cleaning to do. Am gonna put on some music and shake the tush as I do it.

Have a great 100% OP day!
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post

That is a tragic story and hits hard when it's so close to your work place! Congrats on dealing with your emotions not drowning them in food for me that is a big part of this journey... Finding other ways to celebrate good times, handle stress, anger and sadness without the almighty calorie!!!! Have a good weekend
Journey36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #8  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all, here's wishing everyone strength as we face the challenges most weekends present with social gatherings centered around food, etc. I had a bit of a disappointing weigh in, but since I know I was 100% OP all week, it isn't bringing me down one bit
Mischyff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #9  

Height: 5 9`

Good morning all...well i`m down 1.5 pounds this week....sitting at 190.

was sorta hopeing to be in the 180`s, but will have to wait for next weeks weigh in...

have a great week-end...started to snow here again, don`t think well ever

get rid of the snow...
susyqxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

I have a big day planned, but I know I can stay OP with a little planning. I'm leaving the house at 11 to go to the (semi)local military base to participate in a carseat check-up event. From what I hear, we're going to be running our butts off from 2-4 and it's supposed to be about 80 degrees this afternoon.

I'm going to do the spinach/chocolate shake for breakfast, and I might just do that again for lunch - hoping I can make it in advance and drink the shake on my way in the car. I'm going to take a bar along in case I need a snack in the middle of the day, and an extra a RTD shake in case that's not enough and I need a little boost. I have a 1/2 gallon water jug that I will take (in a cooler bag) along with my usual water bottle so I can easily stay hydrated throughout the course of the day. I'll be home in time for supper, so I'm going to get something out of the freezer to have ready to cook when I get home.

I did my own unofficial weigh-in this morning, because today is the start of my 3rd week but we don't have our WI until Monday. By my scale I am down 13.2 pounds since starting - one more pound and I will officially be overweight and not obese! lol
wendyquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #11  

Wishing everyone an awesome OP day.
Smile
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody!

After doing pretty well on Phase 4 this week, I grabbed a can of nuts late last night, right before going to bed, and scarfed. I know it was my pathetic self needing sleep after an odd, exhausting day, and it was emotional eating, albeit really, really tasty..., so this morning I had an IP drink for breakfast and will follow Phase 1 today. I am really hoping that this behavior is because I haven't had nuts in 15 months so it's something I can enjoy but control in the future. If I can't get a grip on it, I just can't buy them anymore.

I will say that this diet, and you all, keep me accountable. I will not hide it from my food log or coach...it just is. I will acknowledge it and move on.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody!

After doing pretty well on Phase 4 this week, I grabbed a can of nuts late last night, right before going to bed, and scarfed. I know it was my pathetic self needing sleep after an odd, exhausting day, and it was emotional eating, albeit really, really tasty..., so this morning I had an IP drink for breakfast and will follow Phase 1 today. I am really hoping that this behavior is because I haven't had nuts in 15 months so it's something I can enjoy but control in the future. If I can't get a grip on it, I just can't buy them anymore.

I will say that this diet, and you all, keep me accountable. I will not hide it from my food log or coach...it just is. I will acknowledge it and move on.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Good for you!!!!
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #14  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

GOod morning all

Happy OP Saturday!

Had a fantastic week and weigh in on Wednesday, lost 5.8 pounds on week 9of the diet, so far this week down 3 pounds, total loss of 45.4 pounds in 9weeks and 3 days!

Have a great day all

Cheers/S...
AussieonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #15  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Talking Isn't it great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
GOod morning all

Happy OP Saturday!

Had a fantastic week and weigh in on Wednesday, lost 5.8 pounds on week 9of the diet, so far this week down 3 pounds, total loss of 45.4 pounds in 9weeks and 3 days!

Have a great day all

Cheers/S...
You are rocking the IP!
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote