Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 6'0

Default Why does it seem like no one here speaks?

I've been checking in to the boards every day and it just seems like the same conversations have been lingering at the top of the boards since I've joined.
So, I have decided, in a quite dignified manner mind you, to grab the bull by the balls and attempt to get some sort of conversation going here.

There's really not much point in being part of a social form if we don't talk to each other. SO, talk to me. About what? I don't know, just something.
We can have a discussion on how the grass in bright purple for all I care, I just want to see who else is lurking around these forms.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Zombie latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #2  
Aine

S/C/G: 180/170/119

Height: 5 ft 5.5

Lol. I haven't really noticed that, it look likes people do talk to each other, haven't been on this too long tho, in fact your's is the first post I've replied to. So anyway what's happening with you? I'm in Ireland and i'ts 9am and raining and I'm reading this site in total procrastination instead of going for a walk, have rain jacket etc and got new trainers yesterday but still my bed is hard to leave...
ainegalway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:16 AM   #3  

Maybe it's just me? I can't seem to find an active conversation for the life of me.
I've never been the greatest conversationalist though.

Guuhh! I wish I was in Ireland. >.<
I'm from Calli, it's just cold... and sunny... which is actually kinda normal.
I don't know what people think this is a warm state... it's really not. Just... really sunny. >.>
It will be like 30 degrees outside (which, I know is warm compared to other people) and still be bright as sin. I will never understand.

I can understand the pain of not wanting to get out of bed though, I've been going to the gym for at least two hours every day for the last two weeks.
And, today, I was not having it.
Lol It look me like 2 hours to put on my shoes and leave. What are you training for?
Like, are you weight training, or just training in general?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #4  
Aine

I'm going away to Spain on a work experience thing for school in May and I'd love to not be embarrassed in skimpy clothes, the beer belly has really come on over the xmas and 30 degrees, wow, that's like the height of summer here! Lucky you. So I was good and got out for a walk after lunch, now lying on bed drinking tea and a mad concoction I made with vanilla protein powder and peanut butter sprinkled with good chocolate, tastes just like a snickers and it's practically a health food, yum! Did you make it out yourself?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #5  

Oh man, you'd die in California then. Heights of Summer have gotten to 105 on a bad year. That's hot for even me, who never gets hot. O_O

Well, I wish you luck on your endeavor. But, I should warn you, unless you are trying to build muscle protein power isn't really good for you and can cause you to gain more weight.

The key to that stuff is that you have to go about burning it off directly after you take it in, in order to feed your muscles correctly.

If you consume it and don't do some sort of vigorous exercises soon after it can cost you... and peanut butter is just not good for you.
It has a lot of calories, and oils, and sugar... so you may want to watch that as well.

And yeah, I go to the Gym daily for at least 2 hours.

I'm about to shower and head back down right now. It's getting kind of late here and I don't wanna walk back in the dark. I'm currently trying to replace my body fat with muscle... which is so much work.

But, I've steadily begun to build muscle which is always cool. I'm trying to loose at least another 15 pounds by the end of next month. So I can be slim for our trip to Disney World.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/325/190

Height: 5'9"

Oh you lucky complainers, I would LOVE to be in California or Ireland! Alas, I am stuck in Nebraska.

I suppose weather-wise it's not all bad. I mean, you never know what the weather will bring in the Midwest. Keeps you on your toes.

Ainegalway, your concoction sounds delightful. Chocolate, especially chocolate ice cream -- erm, I guess any dessert is my downfall. If it's there I just can't say no. That's the easiest way to trigger a binge. Dessert and cheese. And let's not even talk about combining the two, then it's all over.
alisonlerae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #7  

Why not try veggie and vegan foods? They have both which are amazing to taste and are a third of the calories. There are some flavors that are a low as 150 calories per half cup. Which isn't bad.

Rule to my life... if they have it... there is a vegan substitute.

And don't let the Glamor of Cali fool you. It's really not the great of a place to be. Everything is wildly expensive, there is no job market, and the people are mean as sin. Even the nice people are still kind of mean. ^_^' Sadly enough.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #8  
Aine

I do try a stick to mostly vegan diet, the protein powder is kind of an indulgence of mine *embarrassed* It fills me up for ages with a cup of tea so that has to be good. I was going to the gym for a while but back in college now so I cycle (3 miles) there and back and walk everywhere else so not so bad, in fact the cycling has toned up my arms and tummy a little bit, under the insulating layer of fat of course Zombie you're doing great with 2 hours of gym per day, is there a pool there? That was my favourite thing about my local. And Alison, I feel you on the cheese and chocolate, I find the dark chocolate 70% cocoa is the best, there's actually only so much of it you can eat. For cheese no good diagnosis...
Old 01-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #9  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Alright, I'll chime in trying to get this forum started again, as it was a place I thought looked interesting when I started reading these boards, but noticed it didn't get that much activity.

alisonlerae- I'm in Lincoln, and it's 64 degrees as I type this. Is Nebraska really THAT bad?

Zombie latte - I read your profile I think a few posts down. I'm a software developer, gamer, and dabble in digital art as well, but never on a tablet - just curious, what apps have you tried for that?

-
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #10  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

YAY! More people I've tried replying to several threads and it just seems to stay quiet over here in Alternachick land...so I started going to the other forums...

I'm from Louisiana and it's currently 71 degrees here - it was 42 this morning at 7am. love this crazy winter weather...
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #11  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainegalway View Post
I'm going away to Spain on a work experience thing for school in May and I'd love to not be embarrassed in skimpy clothes, the beer belly has really come on over the xmas and 30 degrees, wow, that's like the height of summer here! Lucky you. So I was good and got out for a walk after lunch, now lying on bed drinking tea and a mad concoction I made with vanilla protein powder and peanut butter sprinkled with good chocolate, tastes just like a snickers and it's practically a health food, yum! Did you make it out yourself?
Where in Spain are you coming to? My husband is Army (currently deployed) and I live in Madrid. It has been crazy nice weather here, and winter never really hit!! May should be awesome, and perfect for adorable summer dresses.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
Alright, I'll chime in trying to get this forum started again, as it was a place I thought looked interesting when I started reading these boards, but noticed it didn't get that much activity.

alisonlerae- I'm in Lincoln, and it's 64 degrees as I type this. Is Nebraska really THAT bad?

Zombie latte - I read your profile I think a few posts down. I'm a software developer, gamer, and dabble in digital art as well, but never on a tablet - just curious, what apps have you tried for that?

-
BOOM HEADSHOT, get some.

If you game on the Xbox we should exchange Tags and play together. Always fun to play with new people.

I just recently started using a tablet myself. I'm originally a point click artist, which, is using just the mouse and the bend tool. That's a god awful amount of time but you get some really clean lines with it. I personally use pain-tool sai. It's like a 50 dollar program that has free share option and it's AMAZING with line work and coloring. You should check it out.

And yeah, it seems like conversation in the alterna-chicks form isn't all to active. But, hey, we have a conversation started here. Which is at least something.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainegalway View Post
I do try a stick to mostly vegan diet, the protein powder is kind of an indulgence of mine *embarrassed* It fills me up for ages with a cup of tea so that has to be good. I was going to the gym for a while but back in college now so I cycle (3 miles) there and back and walk everywhere else so not so bad, in fact the cycling has toned up my arms and tummy a little bit, under the insulating layer of fat of course Zombie you're doing great with 2 hours of gym per day, is there a pool there? That was my favourite thing about my local. And Alison, I feel you on the cheese and chocolate, I find the dark chocolate 70% cocoa is the best, there's actually only so much of it you can eat. For cheese no good diagnosis...

I thought I'd at least give you the heads up. I lot of people make that mistake and put on a few pounds before the recognize what exactly they are doing. And thank you for saying so.

I'm kinda concerned though, I've been cutting my food intake for a good 3 weeks now and I've held strong to my 1-3 hours per day... but I'm making very little progress. I am, however, building muscle but it doesn't seem like the fat is going much of anywhere. T_T and... I'm getting really really tired. Like, I started out with 10's and I'm already made my way up to 25's in free weights and on some of the equipment I've gotten as high as 60 ponds with out much stress but I'm wanting to see more fat leave. ^_^" it will come in time though, I'm sure. It's just hard to keep it up cuz It's killing my energy.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #14  
Aine

Hello again! Been busy with study last few days, Zombie you know with all the exercise your fat to muscle ratio will be going way down so don't worry about the scales at the moment, it will be more about if your jeans etc are getting a bit looser, also TOM can have a bit effect, Sarah I'm not going to be near Madrid unfortunately, we're heading to Ceuta which is an autonomous Spanish enclave in Morrocco! Cool However no bikini for me unless I get into losing at least 2 stone which will hardly happen now... This year has been terrible, my sweet tooth is terrible!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #15  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

I'm in SoCal myself. Weather's alright, been a bit up and down this past week, I think. I've been choosing the walking and running outdoors rather than hitting the gym lately, but have slacked off the past couple of days....actually, I guess it was just today that I didn't. I've gotten used to walking just to walk and I forget that it's exercise now. I was supposed to get back to the gym last week, but, life got in the way, so I've decided that I'll get back there Tuesday.

Zombie, good for you that you're being disciplined at the gym. What sort of routine do you manage for two hours? Do you vary it up each day or stick to the same? When I was doing 2-2.5 I'd do at least 1-1.5 of cardio and then weight training for the rest. Been a while for me, though. I was doing 2 hours of spin at a time last Spring, but have slowed down my pace considerably since then for a variety of reasons.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote