Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again....#693

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #2  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies...I am so sorry...I've had a reeeeealy long day and do not think I have the synaptic energy to go back and address everyone, one at a time....let me see if I can recall some things from memory. I didn't know we were going to be having maintanence on the boards today...? It wouldn't let me post earlier...

Catherine - I know how you feel, I am sick of being the bad example too. I'm embaressed to be seen in fast food restaurants, I never go to them anymore. This burger king thing you are all talking about has me absolutely mystified, im gonna have to look it up when i'm through here.

cokia - yay! it's nice to see you've finally joined us in the boards..woooot.

Ok I know that was a pathetic attempt but I'm sorry, I'm so drained....I didn't even exercise today...meh.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #3  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Trying to get Relay for Life started so super busy.

Scoot
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:40 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Lilion.. congrats on keeping your job. They know they have a great employee in you.
It is nice that you can now relax and really enjoy Vegas.

Loki / Julie ... Mmmm.. Barbque Chicken. I love rotisserie chicken too.

Cokia... I know a lot of people who are successful with South Beach.
I know for myself... limiting my carbs has been a life saver. I feel better, both physically and emotionally and have lost 40lbs. If I eat high carbs now... BEWARE.... my mood swings are bad.

Gizmo... good to see you again. Maintaining is better than gaining anyday !!!

Julee ... I too used to have to try anything new at the fast food places. I have still tried a few... but pass on more than I try now.

J-ann / Judy... we are getting tons of rain here now too. Lots of reports of hail the size of tennis balls yesterday. One went completely through the hood. No dent... a HOLE.
Hang in there on your food. YOU CAN DO IT !!! It may take an extra effort.. but it is worth it.

Hippie... OU SOONERS !!!!!!! I am an avid OU FAN
Where did you live in Oklahoma ... and when ??
My dad was born and grew up in Chicago and told me similar stories about the Cubs.
He would sneak in to the games. He was also one of those young boys on street corners selling the daily papers.

Melissa .. thanks for starting the new thread .. especially when being so tired.
I have to admit.... I have heard sooooo much about that Burger King breakfast sandwich.... I went and bought one. Trust me ladies... it is nothing to brag about. I actually was disappointed in it. It was tasteless. The sausage patty is one cut in half.
It basically equals 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty and two short bacons. I think the cheese was cut if half too. The bread was just a plain sesame bun. No sauce. You don't want to waste your money on it. Oh yeah.... you don't want the calories either.

Shop, Scooter and Terri .. good to see you peeking in.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-07-2005 at 01:45 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:45 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies, glub, glub! It is raining again! I don't know where it is going because everything is soppy wet already. At least it is not storming...yet.

Anybody want a set of defective scales? There has to be something wrong with them, cause they sure aren't moving! I am doing my water, exercise and eating as RIGHT as I can, well, maybe I could try something different, but I have been doing 1800 or less calories a day. SIGHHH! I will just have to wait it out, but I really wanted a loss for the 2x2. (I have lost but it was regained weight that don't count).

Thin, I am researching genetics, and family history. Things that run in families.

Shop, I have had some strange things happen with my feet! I suddenly got where I could not walk on my right foot. It turned a pretty shade of purple on one side and I had not done a thing to it that I could think of. The Dr. said it was bruised, but I don't think so. It has taken another "spell" since then. It was very painful and it went away as fast as it came. I did try icing it and it may have helped a little.

Meliss, How is the job situation going? Rest! You said you were tired out. Take it easy!

2cute, scoot good to see ya! I am not going back to the other thread to respond, but I am thinking of all of you. Iwillbe

Oh yeah, Braves fan here! How could I not be?
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #6  
Hang In There

Just checking in before I go exercise. No time to post, and really nothing to say, but i just finished reading the last two threads.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #7  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope you all had a pleasant night. I sooooo need to sleep! Dh and I don't seem to be able to go to bed before midnight these days...trying to get stuff done and then we end up watching blackjack on TV! Yes, we're obsessed with our vacation!

2 cute: Thanks for eating that sandwich so I don't have to! I can believe it's as low in calories as it is now that you've described it...not that it's low. The fast food item that gets me is Sonic's breakfast burrito...dietfacts.com puts it at 731 cal and 47 gr of fat....calorieking.com puts it at 617 and 37.... Either way its WAY higher than I thought it would be...I mean, it's a couple eggs and a little sausage and cheese. I can't believe I used to eat TWO of them with cheesey tots! Unbelievable!

I still have to admit...I'm new enough at healthy food that it still looks good to me...I'm such a sausage junkie...and I still eat it too, but in severe moderation. I have precooked patties that you just nuke to heat-6 pts each, but I splurge every once in a while.

Meliss....That's right...we've kinda skipped your job situation for a while. What's up???

Well, weigh in at noon. Not looking forward to it, but we'll see! I'll be sure to post the results!

Have a happy, healthy, OP day!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #8  

You know, after actually looking at that Burger King Breakfast nightmare...it doesn't even look appealing to me. I have been eating a either yogurt or oatmeal with fruit in the mornings and I just don't have the cravings for stuff like that anymore...and I used to love me some Mcdonalds bacon egg and cheese biscuits...

I hope you guys in upstate NY get some nice weather and start drying up...

Anyways...just wanted to give my 2 cents worth...and get back to work now
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #9  

Talking

Life is GOOD to Lilion!

Yes, I couldn't wait until noon and ran to the Dr...literally 60 seconds away from my office...when I went to feed my parking meter!

I lost 4 more pounds!

I don't know how. I don't know why. I don't CARE how or why. I'm looking at it as a gift, as a reminder to be at least somewhat good in Vegas and as incentive to NEVER give in to Burger King!

This must be what they mean by expecting failure but still trying...'cause even though I expected the scale to stall, or even go up, because of no exercise and less than stellar water intake, I still watched what I was eating. It works! It really works! And I now promise not to freak when I do the first weigh-in after the land of the mega buffet!

I even found a free parking space when I got back!

Yes, Life is good today!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #10  

Rock on Lilion...I can't wait until you (and I) get to see that 2 appearing first on the scale and say good bye to that 3 at the beginning forever = )
Old 04-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #11  

Lilion... I am glad I could help you out on the breakfast sandwich.
Hang in there... that weight will come off if you don't give in and quit.
I read an article last night about stalls and it was sooo helpful. I just don't know where I read it now. LOL If I find it again this weekend I will copy and paste it in here.

Barbg... Always soooo good to see you. Even though I LOVE your graphics ... I miss YOU more.

I will be.... It FINALLY stopped raining here today.
I suffer from having to re-lose the same weight over and over again before new fat is hit.
At least it is limited to 2-5 lbs. I should have never posted that I only need one more pound to be at my lowest. I jinxed myself. Never again !!! LOL

Jen... Isn't it wonderful when those bad choices are no longer tempting.
The secret is ... even when they do.... Don't get it !!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #12  

2cute- you are exactly right...it just took me half of my life to figure that out
Old 04-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #13  

wow .. I have to learn to type faster. LOL
I think there were THREE new posts before I got mine submited. LOL

Lilion... CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! What is nice about buffets is ... there are always GOOD CHOICES available. No one gains eating too many veggies and salads.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #14  

Lilion~Yay for keeping your Job!!! Now maybe you can relax???

And I second what you said to 2cute..thanks for checking out that BK breakfast Sandwich..unbelievable!!

Congrats on the 4 #'s WooHoo!!!!~!~!~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute2Bfat
I suffer from having to re-lose the same weight over and over again before new fat is hit.
Yeah...me too and I am getting quite discouraged!!

I had a horrible evening...entire day yesterday...I got my water in, but only did a 1 mile watp tape and ate everything in sight...I am sooo dissappointed in myself!!
Why oh why do I do this to myself???? I just can't seem to stop doing it over and over again.

It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday, so we did get outside and played ball in the very mushy ground.

have a great OP day today everyone...so far so good here!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #15  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

UGH....you ty adn you try and you drink wanter and you eat right and you make good choices..and you still gain .4 lbs...WTF? I walked into WW and told BF that I had to pee. The I forgot and got weighed. I really do have to wonder if that would have changed anything. By the end of the night, I had peed 5 times...gah. But at least it doesn't totally offset last week's loss and I still made 2 x 2. but POOP!!!

So last night we talked a little bit about salads...not bowls of lettuce and fresh veggies, but Salads....Ceasar Salad, Cobb Salad...etc. Michelle says that we tell ourselves that if we order something called salad we think we have done such a good job...but the average Salad...complete with dressing, croutons, cheese, etc. comes out to like 20-25 points. One package of dressing is like 7-8 points. Even if you dip your fork, real dressings being thicker, adhere better and if you dip every bite, all of a sudden it's gone. I love the Chinese Chicken Salad at California Chicken Cafe...which is where Jason and I go on Wednesdys before WW. Ordered as is...a large one is around 25 points...including the noodles, almonds, pasta and dressing. I got a small one without the noodles and pasta and with extra oranges and with the dressing on the side. I barely used any of it...so I gave myself 4 points for the dressing I did ue and the almonds. But it's true. It might not be the same fried, greasy stuff-on-a-bun garbage that we order some places...but pre-prepared salads can be SO dangerous.

Diff topic...can ANYONE tell me WHY Anthony is STILL on American Idol and how he was NOT in the bottom 3 this week??? Ugh...how long will he stick around and ruin things for someone else. Make him leave!!!

Tomorrow one of my girlfriends and I are going for a mini-spa day. There is a day spa near me that offers the most amazing spa pedicure ever...the Chocolate Fantasy Spa Pedicure...1 hour in the spa chair and all of the products are chocolate based and smell deee-lish! I will however pass on the biscotti and the steaming cup of hot chocolate that comes with it...maybe they will have hot tea. After yesterday's weigh in, I'm not chancing anything. I reallllly want to post a loss before the wedding next weekend.

Alrighty dear friends...off to brave another hot dry day in the SFV...bleah. I'll take 72 and sunny any day over what we get here.
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote