Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default 40-Something February Chat. We LOVE newcomers!

Just starting a new thread for Feburary!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/174/153

Height: 5ft8

Hi
I can't believe its February already! It was minus one here this morning but after a relaxed day food and exercise wise for my birthday yesterday, I wrapped up warm this morning and walked 6k
Thanks patch and andrew for the c25k link I am deffo gonna give it a go

Last edited by Sparx; 02-01-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Wow! February. Less than 11 months until Christmas. Yesterday was utterly off the hook for me. I got home from work in time to go to a spinal health class at a local chiropractor. I got something out of the class but I didn't get my workout in. I ate right at maintenance too. Back on the hook today though. I gotta keep in mind this is a marathon and not a sprint and to take these things in stride.

Patch Thanks for starting the new thread.

Kandy Your protein drink sounds fine. I wouldn't worry about and just keep on doing what you're doing for a little while longer if you are still not seeing any results, post what you're eating and maybe the collective can help. Getting into running when you've never done it can be a challenge, take it easy. The one thing you don't want to do is hurt yourself.

Sparx Anytime. There are some girls on the running thread in the exercise forum that are getting it done. You can post for specific advice there too.

Welcome to the new folks. Glad to have you here. You've come to the right place.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/195/145

Height: 5/3

Good morning all! I am back after being MIA for two years. Here is my story. I went through a terrible divorce, and then re-married five years ago. My husband and I looooove food. He was my first crush when I was 12 years old. We dated here and there in high school, but were mostly great friends. I ran into him after not seeing him for over 20 years and our friendship continued and then a spark turned into a flame. We married in January of 2007. On January 14th of this year, he suffered a heart attack, and after testing, we learned that he had five blockages, which required open heart surgery to bypass. Ironically, a week before this all happened, we had agreed that we were going to get healthier...eat better and excercise more. Well, I guess had to wallop us in the head and force it to really happen. Anyway, I have lost 15 pounds since January 1st. My husband has lost 26 pounds since the 14th. Now that the initial fears and stress have come of a simmer for me, I am ready to add some excercise to my new diet. It was the scare of my life to think I might be losing my best friend. This time next year we are going to be new and improved.
tbmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

I'm not really new as in I registered awhile back but I have never been active on the forum.
I'm 43 years old, married to the love of my life, have 2 children (14 and 4).
I have diabetes type 2 and have for the past 15 years. I did HCG (which I can't recommend as it was not a healthy diet but I did lose 25 pounds. However, as soon as I got off of it...I gained that back plus 10 pounds!

I am going to try a low carb diet so any tips, please do share. I hate exercise but know I MUST do it. So I will start out with 30 min for 3 days a week and see how that goes.
I hope to meet new friends along the way.
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #6  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Back after a destructive break. Heavier now than I was when I first joined here. I'm 43, about to turn 44, recent hysterectomy (which I believe contributed to my extra fast weight gain over the past year).

memoree - I'm going the low/slow carb route too so maybe we can help each other out staying focused. The hardest thing for me is giving up my wine! It's the only real treat/pleasure I allow myself so it's hard to give it up. With slow carb you're allowed :-)

I'm allowing my body to adjust to the no carbs for a week or so before I jump on the treadmill. Currently having terrible headaches and also, the heat flashes are a b***h right now.

Sauteed up some garlic, mushrooms, and chicken for lunch (sprinkled with a little parm). Brought some string cheese to work for an emergency.

Two of my low carb tricks that really get me through are pumpkin seeds and homemade parmesan chips.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome and welcome back to everyone! Patch, thanks for starting this new thread! Busy day today, but I am starting to feel a bit more in control. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical again today - which means that I have been logging my calories and exercising Mon, Tues, and Weds so far! I haven't exercised 3 days in a row for years.

I am also interested in the Couch2k program. I've been looking at the website here and there for at least 1 year, but never had the gumption to try it. Might be something to look into once the weather warms up a bit. For now, I am proud of my elliptical progress! 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week, is my initial goal. If I do more some days, great. Also, I might replace an elliptical session with a walk if the weather permits. I have got to start losing weight again!!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #8  

TBM, that was a big scare! I'm glad you are both doing well. Congrats on the weight you have both lost!

Guac, good job on the workouts.

cldwv, glad to have you back.

Memoree, welcome glad to have you join us.

Andrew, I'm still wondering what happened to January. I thought it was just me because I was sick for most of the month.

Sparx, minus 1? Ack, I wouldn't survive!

Just got home from Bible study and lunch at Panera's. I wore my new smaller sized jeans today. Have some chores to do, then kickboxing; I also need to think of something to make for dinner.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 02-01-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Thought I stop in to check in real quick. Scale is still maintaining at the same number for the last couple of months. Still trying to feel good about being able to maintain.

I cannot believe it is February either, time goes by so quick.

From reading through the posts it looks like there are several new comers and everyone is doing well. YEAH!!!
One of the posters asked if I was in LINCOLN? Yes, I was born and raised here. I work at UNL and for the past 10 years have lived in Bennet (small town outside Lincoln, past the So. Walmart and Menards). Do you live in Lincoln too??
Have a bootcamp class this evening, then gotta fold some laundry. My life is just to darn exciting sometimes.

Happy hump day all. Keep up the GREAT work.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #10  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Glad it's February for sure - leap year! January seemed super slow to me.

NEMom - yep, outside of Lincoln in Eagle. I'm at that menards all the time. I swear it's my Saturday date night, going to the hardware store. I work down the street at LBL.

Last edited by Vex; 02-01-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #11  

The past few days I've had a few problems with Chicks running slowly, Hubby checked and our WiFi was very slow so he put in a faster WiFi card and the computer is much faster and works a lot better now. I have no idea how it helped but its great. I had changed to Firefox but wasn't very happy with it, but now I'm back to IE.

Vex, I didn't realize it was a leap year!

NE, I seem to be able to maintain well, but I'm trying to lose.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 219/217/160

Height: 5.5

Post Alguien LATINO

Soy nueva en el chat y aun no he visto nadie latino tengo 3semanas en ideal protein y he bajado 15 libras
Gi Jovine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Did good yesterday. Ate clean, ran 5k in 33.5 minutes. ~1800 calories in, ~3200 out. I'm a little light yesterday in calories since I wasn't feeling well I went to bed early and didn't get my last snack in. I'm down another pound today though at 239. Yay! First time I've been that low in 2 or 3 years. So I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing.

NEMom I lived in Omaha for 4 years back in the mid-90's. Went to school for a year at UNO. I used to go to the ball games there in Lincoln. It was fun. I enjoyed it.

Welcome (and Bienvenida to Gi) to the newcomers.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

My food was the WORST it has been in ages yesterday. I had a friend invite me to lunch and so I ate more than normal and hubby made pizza last night for dinner. I totally wrenched my knee at boot camp class last night, I exercised lightly this morning but will not be able to finish my last boot camp class tonight.

I have one confession to make. I am a smoker and have decided that I REALLY need to quit. Started this morning. Since I am more in maintenance mode and am adding extra exercise, I am hoping that I will off set any gain from quitting. I really need to do it to complete my healthier lifestyle transformation. So, if I am cranky, ya all know why.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.

Last edited by NEMom; 02-02-2012 at 09:15 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #15  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Work was awful yesterday so I ate virtually nothing because of nerves. I know that's a no-no. Having a luncheon today so there probably won't be much I can eat. I special ordered a chef salad and crossing my fingers it's good (can be iffy sometimes depending on where it was ordered).

Anybody else doing low carb having horrible headaches? It's been constant for three days.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote