Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #76  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Had a GREAT weekend. Hubby and I had an overnight trip, first for just the 2 of us in over 12 years and it was so much fun. Made me fall in love with him all over again. Food was pretty good. I am trying to up my protein so ordered a small steak when we ate out. Scale still holding at 155 this morning. Got some protien shakes and tried otu different smoothie recipes last night. The chocolate was definately the kids favorite but I personally like the strawberry/bananna one. Will be fun to experiement a little with them.
Oh yes, just to let you know, I am still smoke free. I think it is day 11 or something close to that today. Have has some tough moments but trying to hang in there.

P&P-
Quote:
TOM is about to start but I feel like I'm still PMSing from last month!
- Ha, Ha. I totally feel this way too.

Andrew-Congrats on the 1lb loss! Hope you are feeling better today.

pluckypear- Welcome to the forum! Keep at it, even when you have tough weeks. You can do it.

Memoree-Hang in there, you are doing great! Do you want to come spring clean my house? It needs it.

Happy monday to all~
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #77  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

NEmom: So glad you had a weekend away. My hubby and I schedule those a couple times a year and they are real lifesavers!

Congrats on the no-smoking too. I know it is incredibly hard to quit.
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

NeMom - Glad you had a great time on your trip with hubby! Congrats on the 11 smoke free days! I really love your signature quote, "Weight Loss does not take Perfection. It takes Persistence." This is so inspirational for the times I go off plan or hit a weight loss plateau!

Hello to everyone and welcome new members! It's nice to see so many of us working to get fit in our 40s!

I did ok with eating this weekend. I went to a dinner last night and ate what I felt like eating and stopped when I was full before getting that sick feeling. I planned for the dinner during the day, and saved most of my calories for the evening.

I know I consumed lots of sodium (everything from caterers and restaurants is made with so much salt), so I am not going to weigh myself today, but am drinking lots of water to flush it all out. Having a low cal day today to also make up for last night. I'm not feeling hungry or headachey, though - so I think I am on the right track.

I keep thinking how great I will feel when warm weather comes around and I can wear lighter clothing without feeling self conscious about my fat rolls or cellulite. Whenever I get the urge to enter into my "winter hibernation" munchies, I think of my goal and how much better being thin will feel in the long run than how good the comfort food will taste in the minutes it takes to consume.

Good luck today, everyone! We can do this.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #79  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mon Feb 13
B= banana, 1c milk, vits, 1 c cereal
L= 2 slices veggie pizza, chips and salsa
D= Tomato & Lentil soup, few triscuits
S= ice cream, banana
E= 60min cardio

I've been cooking vegatarian meals since Sun night. Hubby came home today, looked in the soup pot, and sheepishly asked 'Can we have meat tomorrow?" Poor Hubby, I think he thought we were never going to eat meat again, LOL, I did offer to defrost some chicken strips or meatballs for him, but after he tasted the soup he was okay. Yay!

NE, great job on still being smoke free! proud of you!

Guac, you need to bottle that 'long run vs right now' feeling. I could use some! good job on the planning, I wish I was better at that.

Gem, What a beautiful Secret you have! Enjoy your ride! I have to admit I love the look of draft horses, especially the 'feathers' around their hooves, I guess because I'm big boned and oversized too.

Andrew, tell DW we're proud of her 5 lbs too!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Finally feeling back to normal yesterday and got my 5k run in. I did it in 33:21, which isn't bad for early in the week. I'm hoping to get to 31:00 or so by Friday. Ate pretty well, though I did have a few GS cookies. :P I counted it in my calories and I was still at my goal intake of ~2000 so it's all good. To go along with that I had ~3100 out to create a solid deficit. Upper body tonight, though due to last weeks' weirdness, I'm a little off schedule.

I went to a weight loss seminar last night at my chiropractor's. It was interesting to see folks that were having a lot of success. It was based on the MediFast stuff but had an entire program wrapped around it. It's not for me, since I don't subscribe to the Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCD's). They're talking 800-1000 calories a day. It's very similar to the Ideal Protein diet and DW tried that and was almost always hungry. But it was interesting anyway.

NEMom Yay for you. 11 days. You've about got it beat now. Keep it up!!
Guac You are doing great. Slow, steady consistency will get you to your goal.
Patch I'm a meat and potatoes guy, so I know how hubby feels. DW is into protein too though so I don't have to concern myself with it too much. I'll pass on the kind words.

Welcome to Gem, Memoree, and Plucky!

Last edited by andrew80k; 02-14-2012 at 08:29 AM.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #81  
Calorie Counter

Happy Valentine's Day to all my fabulous 40 something friends!!!

Food was pretty good yesterday. Ate a little too much for dinner, something I do struggle with. Experimented with protein smoothies last night. Need to find a way to add flavor without adding calories though. Made a mixed berry one with frozen berries last night but the flavor was flat. Ideas???
Thank you all for your encouragement on the stopping smoking. I started with patches and nic gum. I ordered more patches but they have not come yet so I have gone two days without a patch but using the gum. Now, when they do come, I do not know if I should put one on or just stick with the gum. Guess I will see how I feel as the days go on, if I feel on the edge, I may just slap a patch on.
Have a good one!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #82  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Happy Valentine's Day!

Patch-I love vegetarian meals, but also get the hankering for protein every now and then...

Andrew - Great job on the run! I personally have not found success with commercialized weight loss programs (I have only tried WW and Atkins in the past). I find that I go back to my old ways of eating once I go off program. This time around I am using calorie counting and eating more whole foods and proteins - not shakes or bars or prepackaged food items. I find that it is working for me.

NEmom - You are doing great! If you were able to lose all that weight, for sure you can apply similar techniques to quit smoking and be successful.

Here's to an on-plan day, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #83  

Tues Feb 14 Happy Valentines Day!
B= 1 c cereal, 1c strawberries, 1/2 c milk, vits
L= salad {feta, olives, carrots, red onion, dressing}
S= apple + PB
D= stir-fry { rice, veggies pineapple}
S= choc cupcake
S= chips and beandip
E= 40min cardio, 10min UB, 5min stretch

Hubby brought in 2 cupcakes after dinner! Which probably means I ate back more cals than I burned off!

NE, if you have the patches and you feel they are working you might as well use them!

Guac, since most recently I've been on a higher protein/lower carb diet I didn't think I would last long eating only veg. Hubby is eating protein and we are getting hungry at the same times, also.

Andrew, at least you learned something at the seminar, which is always good.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Well, I did just okay yesterday. It was V-day and I'm not sure what I was expecting to accomplish with 3 girls in my house, but it was not what I planned. I had to stop to pick up my V-day orders after work, so got home late to start with, so I ended up hanging out with them all evening which I enjoyed. I managed to get a few things done, but not my workout. I didn't eat terribly despite the occasion and only had a few treats. Still only about 2100 calories in versus about 2600 out. Not quite the deficit I'm hoping to get to every day, but it's something.

Patch Yeah, it's interesting what people will do to get the weight off and I find it fascinating to see some of the remarkable results these folks are getting. A lady had lost 41 pounds and she probably still had 100 or so to go, but the difference in her is already pretty striking.

Guac Me either. I know what works for me and those programs typically are not for me. Despite not having worked on myself in some years, the same things work for me now that worked for me when I was younger. I see no need to change what works. I've lost 16 pounds in six weeks. If I can continue to lose 10-15 in that same time frame throughout my journey I'll be satisfied.

NEMom If it were me, I'd not use the patches unless you were having some serious cravings. You have them to help you get through the tough times if you need them, especially if you are doing okay without them.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #85  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello all. I just came across this forum, I'm 42 and am sooooo sick of trying to lose weight. I was doing really well before Christmas and then Christmas came and a holiday which were both fab but my willpower and the diet went out the window! Today I have managed to pull it together and get back on track so I will be posting here to keep myself motivated. NO MORE SNACKING! It is too hard to stop. I'm doing high protein diet similar to Ideal Protein. I live in Europe so it's a different name but similar guidelines. I have a night away with my husband in April. The first since our beautiful twins were born 2 1/2 years ago. So that will be my first goal, then summer.....Good luck.
carolirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #86  

Carol, welcome glad to have you join us!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 160/160/110

Height: 5'2"

NEMom, I am so darn proud of you! We are about the opposite of each other. I quit smoking May 8, 2010. I told my husband that if we got married I would quit smoking. We go married in 2002 it just took me a few more years. I think I've got it beat but there are days when the Nicodemon is HORRIBLE so if you need someone to be a quit buddie you just let me know I'm there. Have you tried looking into the quit smoking forums? They helped me a lot. QNet is the one I use but there are many out there.

As for the weight loss I decided the first of February that I have to lose 50 pounds. Hubby may be getting a job in Seattle (a long ways from our now Kentucky) and I would like to meet new people smoke free and fat free! So I want to lose 50 pounds before we go. While that may not be possible because we don't know if he will get the job and if he does when we will move I have to start sometime. So welcome 3fatchicks here I am....HELP....thanks all.

One question now that Valentines Day is done is there a new challenge for us 40 somethings? Would love to be involved.
foe3643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #88  
Calorie Counter

Happy hump day everyone! Hope you had a nice Valentines day (evening).
My food was pretty good yesterday. Made myself a chocolate flavored protein shake last night, it was yummy and I had enough calories left for the day I did not feel too guilty.
I have been doing exercise videos during lunch. Man, there is one video that I cannot get through all 30 minutes, both times I have to be done at 25 or die. Guess my next goal is to finally make it through all 30 minutes.

Andrew- I am glad that you spent some time with your girls. You will make up the exercise later but time flies with our kids and having the moments are so important.

Carol-WELCOME!!

Foe-Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I have tried this before and I am a member of QNet. Some times it can be VERY helpful and sometimes I just cannot be on that site. Thank you for offering your support, I will take you up on that!

Have a nice evening all!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #89  

I need to do the rest of the laundry today. Its overcast again. I'm planning some cardio and LB.

Dad's Bday is tomorrow so I invited my parents over to the house Saturday to make dinner for them. At Christmas Dad was talking about a meal that his mom used to make called Pasta Fazul, which he had seen in a cooking demo on TV recently so I found a recipe and am making that.

Foe, we are glad to have you with us! Not sure about the new Challenge
Old 02-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #90  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Carol- I can see where you would have self-care challenges with young kids! I have a very dear friend who lives in Hoorn, and I have been lucky enough to visit Holland a few times : )

Foe- I am fairly new here myself! The Seattle area is pretty nice (as far as cities go) - it will be easy to find "healthy lifestyle folks" in Seattle. We live about 90 miles SE of Seattle, smack dab in the middle of the state. There is an Easter challenge listed among the Atkins/IP forum threads, but I haven't seen any others yet.

MY FIRST GOAL (20 lbs lost) was achieved as of weigh in this morning! I am 1/5 of the way to my goal weight!

Happy Wednesday!

One for each 5 lbs that have "left the building!"

Mini-Goals:
Started Ideal Protein Diet on 1/14/12 w/ over 100 lbs to lose (278.6).
Goal 1: Lose 20 lbs (258.6) ~ 2/15/12 ~
My Reward: Electrolysis for eyebrows and upper lip!
20% of the way there – YeeHaw!
Goal 2: EASTER CHALLENGE ~ Drop 25 lbs (233.6 or better)between 2/15 & Easter (4/8/2012)
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote