Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Slow Dancing With A Stranger {5} Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #2  
~Krystal~

I decided to step on my scale this morning as well.However, I didn't get the welcomed surprise that you got Kristiina. I am up 3 lbs since Friday
I don't get it.
I don't keep a close track of my cals nor exercise for 2 weeks and I plateau.
I get back at it and start back running on Friday and I gain 3 lbs of water!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #3  

Happy New Year one and all! I hope everyone's holidays were merry and bright.

I let the holiday cookies get the best of me and paid for it. Back to diligently journaling and getting back to my regular workouts. Hoping to have good news to report as the week progresses.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #4  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Krystal -- I bounce up like that as well...

ThinkinThin5
What do you use for journaling? I find it very helpful!

For me, another OP day! Yay! I am so motivated! Calories will be around 1200 and I took 4.7 mile walk; I went of fast pace...it was C-O-L-D! -- I just want to catch up with you Krystal
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Hello everyone,
Think, I'm sure you will soon be back on track
On plan since yesterday, under 1300 cals then, today 1150 so far, but will probably be at 1275.
If I can continue in this way through Saturday, I'll feel more positive about doing a weigh in then.

Sum, Great goal! walking is my fave exercise, but K9O would love to do a short marathon some day soon. It's been a couple of decades since I ran.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone i am back on a computer where i can access 3FC without it crashing or freezing...my home computer doesnt like the site apparently...we had a great two week vacation over the holidays, at home with the kids, and one of our teenage nephews came to visit us as well from the village...im able to say that i maintained the loss that happened when i traveled to the village, still right at 203 for the last couple weeks...even with working out, which usually sees a bounce in weight from water...so i'm not sure if i've lost even more and it just stays at 203 because of workout weight? or not...either way it's really the lowest weight ive seen in the last couple years....

im still working out on the treadmill...krystal im doing 3 minute intervals of jogging at 4.7mph right now for half an hour and then 10 minutes of 3.0 walking at a 15% incline, the highest the treadmill will set it at...

ive now had, since november, a bout of bronchitis, an outer ear infection AND an inner ear infection...and im just getting over the last ear infection...ugh
Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #7  
~Krystal~

Hi all
Perfect OP day today. Wish they could all be like this, well, a couple hundred cals less on some days would be nice!

Tuna Ball, Crackers, PB2 Greek Yogurt: 354
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Parmesan Cheese, Coleslaw, Smoked BBQ Chicken: 461
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Parmesan Cheese, Tuna Ball, Crackers, Coffe w/Splenda, Yogurt Raisins (ate too many of these 24 instead of 16!): 747
Total: 1562

438 (Polar is completely fine again, funny how it works touching the flesh instead of my sports bra!)
Water: 88oz

Alaskan: You poor dear! One should never have to have back to back infections like this!! Hope you feel better really soon!! Great job on the runs!

LoveofSelf: I wanna be at your cal level intake for a couple days out of the week. Gosh, 1250 is hard for me to do and make the nutrients add up!

Kristiina: You keep all that walking up and you're going to surpass me, ma'am!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

forloveofself Good for you!! Do you do WW?

alaskanlaughter
You poor thing! -- I had double ear infection in September/October; my left ear drum burst...it was sooo painful! Feel better!!

Krystal Another OP plan; yay!

-----

I am not slow dancing this week. -- I don't think I have followed OP this diligently, ever, and it is starting to pay off! I was a tad bit discouraged at first because the first month nothing drastic really happened, but it is happening now -- I was 154.5 yesterday morning and today I am 153!! I was 155 last friday!! I know I am trying not to be my scale's slave, but I am truly enjoying the downhill speed, 'cause I am sure it won't last.

Plan for today;

Calories 1400
Walk 5.2 miles
WEIGHTS! I have been ignoring my upper body each day

------

I made some creamy split pea soup. It is so hard to get all that fiber, so I am going to push the beans this year -- It turned out really good. 10g fiber per serving, but only 300 calories. I made some chili this weekend, and I am going to make white bean and black bean (SB) soup today. more fiber is my new year's resolution.

Off to start my day; kiddies have a late start each wednesday; which they LOVE...need to get a big bfast going (they don't get lunch)...then dr appointment and walk

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Dropped 4 pounds today to 221, Obviously a water weight loss but I will take anything I can get.

It should not have happened because my sodium was out of control yesterday, 5089 mg

The Garlic Diet:
You don't lose weight, you just look thinner from a distance.

Larry,
Old 01-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #10  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone and congrats on the losses!!! maybe our "slow dance" is speeding up a little LOL!

i saw, for the first time, a weight of 201.4 on the scale this morning after my workout!!!!! this is special to me because the last time i lost weight i was at 202 and i just got lazy and unmotivated...my goal this year is to STAY motivated and, if not motivated, at least committed haha!! and now i've hit 201!!...my lowest weight that ive ever seen is 199 and if i can reach that in january, my reward is to use the two freebies that my gym gave me when i signed up....they gave me a coupon for a free smoothie and one personal trainer session and i've held onto those to use as rewards but they expire at the end of january so i better get down to 199 by then...i THINK i can do it...

also im on TOM plus getting over the latest ear infection....and today's workout was HARD(!) didnt do anything more difficult than usual but boy was it NOT a fun time..but at the very end in the locker room this little old lady came up to me and said she just wanted to tell me what a good job i'm doing and how hard i work out there...that was SO COOL!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Ate 1304 calories today. on Tuesday I ate 2300 calories and I still went to bed hungry in fear of adding on more calories.

I've totally lost my motivation and grip.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Krystal, Yeah for your OP days. I try to do maintenace only on wekends, but it often spills over into several weekdays
Your continued prayers for MG would be appreciated. the lift in the clouds was only temporary. Hopefully a visit to the docs tomorrow will hep.

Alaskan, sorry those infections are with you still, hope that improves soon. Congratulations on the loss.

Sum No WW I count calories and low carb. It worked when I wanted to lose 5lbs years ago and has worked so far for this 15lb loss. Hope this plateau ends soon. I mix the numbers up often, but body is just being stubborn! Congrats on your loss

Isabella, Sorry you are feeling blue I know how that goes, but you will get your motivation back. It's good you are talking about it here. Why do you think you feel hungry still? Would drinking more water help your hunger, or eating a bit later perhaps?
One of the tricks that makes me happy at night is to actually feel slightly hungry when I go to bed. I feel thinner and less bloated in the morning.

Larry, congrats on your 4lb loss

Enjoy what remains of the week everyone
Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #13  
Fat to Fab and Fit

TODAY

Food
Cashew & Almond Fruit & Nut Energy Bar (Gluten Free) -- 180
Homemade chili w/beef, sourcream, cheese -- 502
Jambalaya with chicken, carrots -- 340
Chobani yogurt, swiss cheese, pear -- 230

Total 1252 + snack later

Exercise
Walk for 5.5 miles ( 77 minutes)

-------

I think I am going back to my planned meals; it is easier
Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a great day.

Sum38 I do my journaling the old-fashioned way with pen and paper. I have found that if I don't "write as I bite" I tend to forget (or want to forget) what I have eaten during the day. I may at some point progress to an online diary, but I'm not that disciplined just yet.

So far this week I have been to Curves 3 times and did my Zumba class tonight. My regular Zumba class was cancelled this week due to the holidays so I am going to take an extra Curves class on Friday to complete my five workouts for the week.

Congratulations to everyone on their progress. Keep up the good work!

Thanks to all of you for your support.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #15  
~Krystal~

I'll do personals in the morning. I am not feeling so well tonight. I have a fever

Boxed Cereal w/skim milk, Cottage Cheese w/SF Strawberry Jam, Coffee: 425
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Peaches: 149
15 Bean Stew, Cornbread: PB2 Greek Yogurt w/Bare Naked Fit Granola: 531
SO Delicious Chocolate: 130
Total: 1235 (HRM)

Exercise: K9 Walk(75 min/4 miles) + 30 Minutes of BodyRock : (HRM)520
Water: 80 oz

I so rocked today. I wish they were all this way!
Closed Thread