Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default MRC December Thread

Have a great month! Definitely a hard one to stay on plan, but it can be done!!!!

Just as a reminder, our moderators have asked us to refrain from back-to-back posting. Please keep all your replies to a single post. Also, if you want to add something to something you've posted, and your post is still last in the list, click on the edit button in the lower right corner of your post to add on.

Happy Posting!

Last edited by JenB72; 12-01-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #2  

Hey yo! Gonna be a great day! I'm headed off to work in a few minutes and excited because I just got more hours...bad part is that means I'm working two evenings a week and I'm worried about dinner time. There's a fridge there to keep food cool and a microwave to heat it up, but there's just not a lot of time! I'll be working 4pm-9pm on Tuesday & Thursday now. Think I should just do the shakes those nights?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #3  

Yeah DECEMBER! If I can make it through this month, the rest will be easy (well, easier).

I started Nov 1...so as of today I am down to 172...14 lbs in one month! When I first started and saw people saying they had lost 10+ in a month I never thought it would be me. I had been trying for a year and a half...counting calories, exercise (a lot), and stayed in the same 5 lb range. My body really likes this way of eating. And even if I stay in the same calorie range but eat something off plan, my body revolts by not budging on the scale. The one time I tried to shift the plan a little bit (still staying at the same calories)...I started gaining...and once I got back on track it took me over a week to start seeing it on the scale. But that is a huge learning lesson for me. For myself, I need to stay strictly on plan in this phase. And if I keep at it, by Feb or March I'll hit goal, then as I add in more foods I can add in more exercise.

Jen-I saw that you have a sick little one...no fun! My 3 year old has it too...and I don't feel the greatest...and I really need to not be sick for the next 27 days Come Dec 28, I could have a sick day.

1bighog-I also often work through supper...and I don't have access to a fridge/micro. I had asked about doing a replacement at night and the one counselor said no, that you don't get enough nutrients for your supper meal. So I've done tuna (or chicken) and bread with cut up veggies...(usually more tuna than will go on one piece of bread). Other things that do heat up easy and are quick-ish to eat...soups that are OP and the zucchini lasagne (I really liked that). I also made turkey meatloaf muffins that were amazing...I ate them both hot and cold.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #4  

Hi all,
So far, so good! I've been at MRC since Nov. 7 and lost 12.5 pounds. I'm giddy, especially since most of the time I've just been on the pre-conditioning menu. I just got my meals-made-easy plan from the nutritionist yesterday. I'm very impressed at how the center was willing to work with my very specific needs. I have a lapband and can't tolerate artificial sweeteners, so I'm a difficult client. Onward!
I hope everyone has a happy, loss-filled month.
Chickadee
Old 12-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

24 days till Christmas!!! we are sneaking away for Christmas for a romantic long weekend at the beach so i plan on being at least 5 pounds lighter! :-) Trying new recipes this month and planning on taking my HNSs to mix at the many parties ahead. cutting up veggies and keeping in ziplock bags to make sure they are handy to enjoy.
Looking forward to bringing in the New Year a thinner me!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #6  

Relative drinking at parties....
For those on maintenance that can have wine, this is what I do.. I order a wine cooler in a large glass, then when thru with glass ask them to fill it with club soda only and I add a red HNS to it, so it looks like a grenadine type drink... It works and keeps the weight down.. I also take a fat and carb blocker with it.

I have two parties Saturday and Sunday of next week, and that is what I will do. That will be a challenge for sure.

Patzi
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
Hey yo! Gonna be a great day! I'm headed off to work in a few minutes and excited because I just got more hours...bad part is that means I'm working two evenings a week and I'm worried about dinner time. There's a fridge there to keep food cool and a microwave to heat it up, but there's just not a lot of time! I'll be working 4pm-9pm on Tuesday & Thursday now. Think I should just do the shakes those nights?
bighog: I have the same issue of not having a fridge or microwave on the days when I have to go into the office. What I usually do is make a salad with some type of protein and have bread or melba toast on the side. I have one of those small cooler type lunch boxes and put in a small freezer pack (had these left over from the kids!).

Hope everyone has a great December! I know it will be a challenge for me, but I figure if I wasn't on a diet then the damage would be much worse
Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #8  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
1bighog -- It's not technically on plan, but there was one or two Lean Cuisine dinners that I would eat when I was in a pinch. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, though, because of the extra sodium from them... so maybe a shake one night, lean cuisine another? Anyway, the Lean Cuisines I would eat was the steak & portabella mushroom dinner (it comes with broccoli, I think), or the one that is Turkey with green beans (the green beans have dried cranberries with them). Again, not ideal because of the sodium (and I think the portions aren't big enough for the protein & veggie--I never weighed them though), but they're good to have in a pinch so you aren't relying on the bars and shakes too frequently.

One thing I learned with the bars and shakes-- if you do end up using them more than 3x a week, at some point in your weight loss they will cause you to stall. That happened to me (I think after I was about 30 or 50 lbs down), and I had to stop eating so many replacements in order to break through the plateau.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Big Hog, you could buy those bag salads and just eat it out of the bag :-) i've done that even on the road on sales calls. just make sure the croutons are 40 cal. or less (2 TB croutons are actually only 25 cal.) or throw away and eat melba toast w/ salad. if you grill some chicken beforehand (great w/ Mrs. dash), cut that up and put on salad. or cottage cheese or boiled eggs... string cheese is good too or just cheese cut up in cubes over the salad...
the shakes would be good too but i've found the bars add too many carbs if eaten more than 3X a week to have a good weight loss... if you are doing the replacement shake, eat some cut up veggies too (celery, green peppers, cucumbers,etc.) i use lite honey dijon dressing (35 cal. for 2TB) Maple Grove Farms, 0 fat, 9g carb, 8 g sugar

been on MRC since August and funny i just realized this week! that about the bars when i started using Livestrong.com to track ...gives percentages and i was going way over the 20% carb percentage for the day....when eating too many bars...
Old 12-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
I started Nov 1...so as of today I am down to 172...14 lbs in one month! When I first started and saw people saying they had lost 10+ in a month I never thought it would be me. I had been trying for a year and a half...counting calories, exercise (a lot), and stayed in the same 5 lb range. My body really likes this way of eating. And even if I stay in the same calorie range but eat something off plan, my body revolts by not budging on the scale. The one time I tried to shift the plan a little bit (still staying at the same calories)...I started gaining...and once I got back on track it took me over a week to start seeing it on the scale. But that is a huge learning lesson for me. For myself, I need to stay strictly on plan in this phase. And if I keep at it, by Feb or March I'll hit goal, then as I add in more foods I can add in more exercise.
We sound very similar! I did Weight Watchers back in 2007 and had really good success with it...but I was still in my 20s. After gaining a lot of weight, I tried to do WW over and over again, calorie counting, working out 6 days a week for an hour at a time, etc. I could never get more than 5 pounds off! My body really likes Metabolic, too.

Tomorrow will make 3 weeks on Metabolic for me and I'm down 12 pounds as of an hour ago! I'm super stoked because after Thanksgiving, my goal from here on out is 2.5 pounds per week and I didn't think I would meet that this week from being off program last week. I was down 0.5 pounds when I weighed in Tuesday and down 2 pounds when I weighed in today! Still didn't see 160s at MRC (I hit 169.8 butt naked yesterday at home), but I'm down to 170 exactly.

Thanks for the advice on dinner, everyone! I think I will do the shake tonight just because I'm so busy today, but I will plan better for next week.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #11  
Having 4 kids took a toll

S/C/G: I would love to loose 40lbs!

Height: 5'7"

Default Just getting started...

Ok so I have my information (Thanks Jen B) and I'm ready to start. I'm actually going to start on Monday 5th cause I have my kids with me this week and there is no working out/eating right with them around. Just some background on me, I'm 31 and have 4 children...a 6 year old and THREE 4 year olds. Yepa, I have triplets and let me tell you, it took a toll on my body. My kids are now all in school, though my trip go only a half day, so I'm planning on hitting the YMCA in the AM and trying to eat right to feel better. I have had problems with my thyroid and Cholesterol since the triplets and God knows I have to be around a long time to raise them correctly I look forward to the support and getting to know everyone!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #12  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Welcome!! I think you will find our discussions here very helpful!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #13  

Arumbaugh

Welcome... This is a wonderful supporting forum.. Wishing you the best in your new challenge. I am on maintenance now.

Patzi
Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

1bighog - Congrats on the new job. The ladies have listed a lot of great advice on what to do at night. There are ways around the shakes. Just plan, plan, plan and you will be fine.

nwcgina - Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome! The munchkin is doing so much better today. I think we have finally turned the corner.

Chickadee - That's a great weight loss for less than a month. Just stick to the plan and you'll do great!

teacherlady79 - What you said about the bars is so true. It never occured to me until you mentioned it before and when I cut back on them, my weight loss picked up. Thanks for the tip!!!

Arumbaugh - Welcome and glad I could help. I have to give you credit for handling a 6 year old and 4 year old triplets. I only have a 2 year old and with her being sick, I called my mom last night and yelled "I want MY mommy!" LOL She offered to come over, but I think it was just saying that that made me feel better. My pregnancy took a toll on me too (hospitalized with severe pre-eclampsia that almost sent me into a coma). I weigh 20 pounds less than when I got pregnant and feel incredible now. It can be done. You just have to stick with it. Good luck!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #15  

Did the shake last night and it wasn't bad. I didn't feel hungry, either. My job is really fun and busy so I didn't have time to concentrate on food and by the time I got home I was pooped. I woke up this morning and went through my morning ritual of crawling out of bed, taking a leak, stripping down to my birthday suit, and stepping on the scale...down a whole 2 pounds from yesterday! 167.8 was the magic number (I'll keep my ticker to my weigh in # at the center, though.)

I had a rough night. My baby (well, my 5 year old baby) came down to my bed around 3 in the morning. Then my dog's stomach was growling so freaking loud that neither of us could go back to sleep. We stayed up until 5 until I decided to move us out into the living room. My dog tried to follow us out but I told her to stay with daddy, lol. Didn't sleep in the living room because the tree was so bright. I had to get up at 6, anyway.

It might just be a two cup coffee kind of day. I'd like to get my house clean (at least the downstairs and laundry done) and my 9 year old girl is having a friend spend the night tonight. I also need to take care of some PTO stuff at my two middle kids' elementary school (I'm the treasurer) so that means you should not see me back on this thread today! Have a great day, everyone!
Closed Thread