View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #36
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

This is a recipe I got in weight watchers many years ago. I lost the recipe and searched the internet and an old W.W. cookbook and couldn't find the original. This is what I put together that I can remember, it seems to work.
Last time I made it, I used two packages of lime jello instead of the knox and it was really delicious.
Quote:
Pineapple Fluff (8 servings @ 80 calories each)
Put can of pineapple, and dry milk in refrigerator night before to chill. Put large bowl and beaters in frig or freezer night before. (If ingredients get too warm, they take forever to whip up.)
20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 1/3 cup dry milk (92 grams)
2/3 cup bulk Splenda or whatever sweetener you use. (I put liquid stevia to taste in mine)
1 teaspoon coconut extract
2 packages unflavored Knox gelatin
Soften knox in cup cold water, add cup boiling water and mix until dissolved. Set aside
Drain pineapple, set pineapple aside. (pineapple is folded in last)
Reserve juice in measuring cup, add water to make one cup if necessary.
In a large bowl mix juice, sweetener and coconut extract on low 2 minute or until it stops splattering. Turn up mixer and beat until foamy, adding knox mixture a little at a time. Beat until doubled in size or top of bowl. Taste it at this stage to see if its sweet enough. (5-7 minutes, can take longer if its not cold enough)
Remove bowl from mixer and fold in drained pineapple. Spread out in a covered cake pan and refrigerate.

You can make all kinds of flavors:
Cup of left-over coffee and unsweetened cocoa
Almond extract and unsweetened cocoa
Lemon extract
Applesauce and maple extract/cinnamon