Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #266 Bale of Turtles Outdoing Ourselves

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren )

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-17-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi turtles,
If you haven't had a chance, check out Thread #265. We've got a new member named Jar.
Have a great day. It's beautiful here and I'm heading for the boardwalk.
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner
Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Welcome Jar - I am sure you will love it here, lots of great gals with lots
of good information. Thanks for letting me know about the roaster, think I will get one for sure.

Sunny cool Autumn day up here - weekend was good, enjoyed the mini golf
Sat night and spent yesterday with my friend before she heads south this Fri for 6 months. Ended up we had meatloaf for dinner, which turnen out nice along with roasted veggies. So leftovers for tonight.

All - good luck this week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All!

Welcome Jar !! Wonderful group of gals here!

Got out walking Mon am and getting ready to go right now, hope to find time to catch up on all the posts later, have a great Tuesday all!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy rainy Tuesday to you all! We are in for a few days of rain here so it is all about doing my inside chores for me... and the list is long so I will keep busy.

I am doing ok so far this week, have been fighting over eating because I think that is from being bored so I need to step it up a bit with keeping myself busy doing other things than stalking the kitchen

I am heading out to a Zumba class with D-DIL this morning, then I will come home and get some cooking done, I need to get a big salad made up and some veggie soup to have on hand.

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying on track. I have to run but will pop back later on. Have a great day everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, yummmmmmmmmmmmmm on the leftover meatloaf. I haven't made that in a long time and I love it. Glad you had a good weekend.

Terri, on the walk, and the walk today.

Princess, weigh to go on getting to Zumba. I hear it's great Glad you're making foods that will be ready to eat when you've got the munchies.

Yesterday was a good day for me. We didn't eat out, so that worked out fine. My dh has been busy getting the basement done w/Halloween setups but he hasn't had time to walk on boardwalk. Although I was doing the toning DVD which is good, it's mild exercise and I knew I needed more. I decided to walk the boardwalk alone-----got there and I bumped into a WW friend. Serendipity. She is a fast walker----6miles in 1 1/2 hours----but she was doing her cooldown and I was able to keep up with a bit of effort. It was good for me and shook up the scale just a smidge. Hoping for good WI tomorrow. Gotta get some things done.

Have a great OP day, everybody!!!!!!
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner
Old 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - better day here, abit sunny & no rain.

Stayed OP yesterday so hoping that will motivate me this week. Really
need to drop my holiday weight. If not raining, will get in walk on my lunch &
tomorrow I have Zumba. Need to get back at some regular exercise.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, which I love to see

Biggest Loser tonight - so looking forward to that (hope there is less crying)

Have a great TUesday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #8  

I am trying to head back down the scale after a seemingly long and bad food week. Looks like everyone is having a good week and we are mostly feeling positive. It is nice to see. I think it may be a week or two before I am back to what my ticker says. I will keep trying though. I may still lose some water weight.

Judy - Thanks for the encouragement but like i mentioned my ticker isnt accurate again yet. I am working on it though.

Bandit- good to hear you had an OP day yesterday. Sounds like a good start for your week.

Princess- It is cold here and rainy right now and I should be working on my list of chores to but I am not. To busy trying to stay sane with the kids.

Taylor-How are things going for you this week?

Terri- Great job getting in walking for your exercise.

Jar- sorry forgot your name. How are you doing this week?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. I gained this week. Not really surprised. Way too many salty foods with no tracking. I still feel icky. More like headaches are left. I have to get back on track. Hope everyone has a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #10  
Chick

Cherry and Life4evr, today's a new day. You'll be OP now and get the results you want. It's tough coming back from a slip, but I know you can do it. We're all pulling for you. It's done. Forget it and keep on keepin' on.

Today is a good day. Wi is tomorrow. I've been hungry all day and want to eat a ton of food. The weather changed here and got chillier-----I have a feeling that's what is behind my feeling empty. I hope I lose tomorrow, but the scale isn't really cooperating today. Got out to boardwalk for just about 1 mile====cut it short today, and I did the DVD toning exercises which have to help too. I'd love to lose a ton of weight and my underarms are yuccky, so I'm hoping doing a few weight lifts may help. : to everyone. We're doing great. And even when we're not doing as great as we'd like, we're still chiming in and getting our heads where we want them to be.

Have a great day.
Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner
Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hey guys..

today started out as a clear fall day then turned to rain later in the afternoon.. I did manage to get my treadmill workout in but have now got a doozy of a blister on the side of my back heel.. debate at work was whether to pop it or not LOL... Ive managed to get all my water in and am getting into enjoying different foods.. tonight I had a cup of shredded cabbage with fat free caesar dressing because I heard on the Today show that 1 cup of cabbage 2x a week helps with the creases we have on our face.. I might have to up it to 4x but for now I will try a little at a time... I'm also trying a recipe for Caramel Apple Dessert ( I will post after) AND tomorrow I am making the pumpkin muffins I read somewhere about... I think my body is screaming fall..

CherryAutumn I am taking it one day at a time.. even though I seen a gain I have to trust the program and go with it.. I had a friend come in today who looks amazing and she told me she's lost more inches then weight but it took her a long time to realize that was okay.. that scale can be such a mental mess on us that I just can't afford to let it drag me down so I've put that W/i behind me and moved fwd.. I'm hoping by trying different foods it will change it up a bit for me... thanks for asking.. sounds like you are making positive steps forward and downward as well..

Here are the two recipes..

Pumpkin Muffins

1 box spice cake
1 can pumpkin
1 cup water

1. Mix together until smooth.
2. Spoon into muffin tin (either lightly sprayed or with muffin cups).
3. Bake 350'F for 20-25 minutes
4. Makes 38 mini muffins at 1 point each; 24 muffins is 2 points a piece.

Caramel Apple Dessert

1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice ( not syrup)
1- fat free instant butterscotch pudding ( small box that makes 4 servings)
1- fat free lg tub of cool whip
4 medium apples

Take the pineapple and the pudding and mix together in a bowl.. allow to sit overnight or 8 hrs.. fold the cool whip into the mixture.. chop the 4 apples into small pieces ( skin on or off your choice).. stir and enjoy! I'm thinking of just cutting the apples into slices and using the dessert as a dip!

1 cup = 3pts

Have a great night everyone!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #12  
jeanne

Good morning new friends!
Working 10-6 today! Yes....at the chocolate store! Urggggg! But....I will survive! I always do!

Stayed OP until last night....home alone....couldn't stay out of the kitchen!!!! Picked, picked, picked! Fortunately, I was able to pull from my bonus points. Tho...I was saving them for the w/e! Oh well! New day!

Taylor - I make the pumpkin muffins ALL the time! I don't use the 1C of water tho. I occasionally make the carmel apple one too! We got those recipes at our ww meeting last fall! Both are DELICIOUS!!!!!

Sorry I don't have time for "personals' today.....but I am wishing everyone a great OP day!

Jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... super chilly and rainy here today but a pretty typical fall day for us.

Have some leaking going on in the basement so I need to pay attention to that today along with a bunch of errands to run and will top the day off with a knitting class tonight. I am almost done with the socks that I am making for my D-DIL and am going to get started on a pair of fingerless gloves for my youngest DS's GF. I have been doing some Christmas shopping when I am out and about for the G-Baby, looking for items that are on sale, etc to lessen the overall pain of the holiday bills since I am not working right now but I have been able to find a few things that were very cheap so I feel good about it and will keep at it.

Eating is going ok and I have not brought in any halloween candy to the house and won't until the day of, I can not have it around and DH can't either so will purchase enough to give away and then be done with it all in the same day

I made a pot of veggie soup yesterday and a salad to have on hand so that is my lunch today!

Judy: Best wishes for a wonderful W/I today... my scale is not moving either which I really thought it would... Like Taylors said, the none-scale victories are to be counted too so even if you don't get the number you like just remember that you are toning and changing your body in all the right areas so don't let the number be the only things that counts.

Taylor: Thank you so much for the recipes! I am really feeling "Fall" right now also so they will come in very handy! Thanks for the words of wisdom too, I think we get really hung up on the number and I am soooo guilty of doing that!

Bandit: Glad to hear that you are getting back on track and into the swing of things... Thursdays get here sooooo fast lol! So do you have a great tan from your vacation? Your meatloaf sounded so good I made one last night too!

Jeanne: I struggle with that also when I am home alone... I don't know why but I do. I hope that you are able to stay on plan and have a great week!

Cherry: How are things with you? The rainy days are hard on both you and the kids I'm sure... hope you are able to get some down time and work on your list, it is the only thing that keeps me sane when i am home

Lots: How are you going?

Life: No stress here, just get back on plan and you will be fine... hope your week is going the way you hoped it would.

Terri: What have you been up to lately? Are you still working half days?

I have to run, need to get ready and get moving on my errands. Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Rain, rain go away or at least to somewhere that needs it please.. If it doesn't stop we might need to rethink building an ark in the backyard...

good morning everyone... I've been up early but had a wonderful 6 hrs full sleep - which since starting the program has gotten better so I'm thinking my body is telling me something... I used to be lucky if I got 4... today is my off day so I decided to make it my long day for my treadmill.. that's been done and the pumpkin muffins made ( I did omit the water BUT added half a cup of unsweetened applesauce & 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice) and let me tell you, not only did the house smell yummy I sat back and watched my DH eat one with a smile on his face .. THEN he took the caramel apple I had made up and topped off a SECOND muffin ( he has no weight issues - booger) and said this is amazing... so I'm looking forward to this afternoon when I can have my afternoon treat of a muffin with a tbsp of that dessert on top... lol.. I did taste test the caramel dessert and it reminds me of ambrosia salad so woo hoo.. with it being an inside day I have a list of things to do and will work away on that..

Princess I hope you get the leaking problem solved!!

Jar I am doing WW online so I have no idea what is given out at meetings but that's awesome that they do that... I just like to surf and find but feel free to share any of your faves because I'm game to trying new things.. don't worry about the pick pick picking - that was yesterday and today is a brand new day!!!

have a great OP day everyone!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Very busy today, but I hope to get back later with personals. My WI was okay this morning. So weird------I'm weighing in at JC and then at WW's.
I lost 1/2# at one and 1# at the other ------and the final weights are not the same. I need to pick up my Also, I ate out 4 times this week, ugh, and since I had salads, my counselor said I missed out on protein since I just had veggies. Will watch that this week. I have to step up my water and that should do it. I'm not complaining. I am very happy with my weight loss so far! Yes, I'd like to be 125# tomorrow, but since that won't happen I'll keep on keepin' on.

Best of luck to everyone!
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner