South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - October 4

Coffee is ready but it's pretty darned early! My brain started up at three and just would not turn off. I need to figure out how to take out the battery. Anyhow, I've got a good start on the day with two loads of laundry done and the dishwasher running - cheaper electricity before 7 a.m.

I'm about to write some cheques for Mill bills and get that part of my desk cleared. After that I'll start some baking as I have two bake sales to contribute to this weekend - Church and Mill. It's be so much easier to just give a cash donation but people expect home made baking at these events. We have pet therapy this afternoon. It's Jazz's turn but he's still a bit skunky so I'll probably take Disney.

Time to get cracking. I'm wondering if it's OK to have an afternoon nap in the morning. Who makes the rules anyhow?

Come and sip and chat.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You're pretty perky this morning, Ruthie. Thanks for the coffee! I think I'll need plenty to get my motor running after a lousy night's sleep.

I'm just going to sip and lurk for a while until I feel more social.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Darn it! The sun should be up by now but ti's still pitch black out there. Am I in a time warp? Whoops! Now I have a ear-worm! "Let's do the Time Warp again."
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

that's an ear worm that could get me out of bed. Up early here too. Apparently there is a 6 hour rule and I went to bed a little after 9. Oops, wish I knew the rules ahead of time.
I miss the light mornings. It just feels too early to be this dark when I get up

I'm off to the hospital again to hear the latest update. I'm sure they will spring DW one of these days On the plus side all the scary tests are coming back negative so it still looks like it might just be a weird viral syndrome. Now we wait to hear if her surgery is rescheduled. I kind of hope it is because she needs some time out of a hospital.

Another rainy Tuesday, if anyone sees the sun could you send it this way? I think it forgot how to get here.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #5  

I'm sending up prayers and positive thoughts to you, Cyndi.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

It's supposed to come up here at 7:07 but I think they lied.

Cyndi, negative is a good thing. I hope Julie gets home soon. I agree: she will need some home time before the next hospital stint.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, I'm up, but my perky is still in bed.

Ruth, Don't tell my hubby power is cheaper before 7. He'll have the house up by 5 every day!

Cyndi, What kind of surgery is DW going to have?

Cottage, Enjoy your coffee.

Me: My doctor told me that stevia is a healthier option than Splenda. I've just run out of Splenda and bought stevia. I don't like it. It's kind of bitter. I wonder how much healthier it is? Opinions?

Today is Tacky Day at Auston's school. He always has second thoughts about his attire when we drive to school dressed funny. He is so excited that I'm going to let him wear cowboy boots with shorts today. I'll post pictures.

On with the day....
Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #8  

Chelby, at least your perky is keeping my perky company. It sounds like a fun day at Auston's school, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. I tried switching to stevia but I didn't much care for it, either. My SIL recommended Truvia, and I like it much better.

OK, I'm getting my perky back. I just put a chard & mushroom squares casserole in the oven, along with chicken parmesan for Jake.
Last night I decided to try steel cut oats in my overnight oats, and it turned out pretty good this morning. It's a little chewy, but yummy.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Congrats, Jenn!

Ruth - I keep a notepad by my bed. It lights up! Sometimes that helps shut down my brain at night. Nap - absolutely! Anytime can be nap time Now I'm singing that song too!

Linda - Hello to you and your perky

Cyndi - Glad that at least they are ruling out the bad stuff. Hope you get good news now. Hasn't rained here in about 3 weeks I think and none in sight.

Chelby - Interesting that your doctor said that. Have you tried Truvia? I think it is a stevia blend maybe. I also tried NuNatural stevia drops; won them in a blog giveaway. Liked them a lot but they are more expensive. I'll be eager to see what you figure out since I ingest wayyyy to much splenda.

I think I have a very quiet day today. So I'll make good use of the time and finally go back to return some pants at a local store that I ordered online. DH would be quite perturbed if I did not get a refund before our monthly credit card cycle closed. He is such a money guy! Heard from the teen last night; he made it safely back to campus after his Vegas trip. Not many details, which is probably a good thing. But he had fun and is very behind on sleep and school work. Maternal sighing.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in, so I'm trying to regroup and see if I can get my rescue report done before we head to the pool. We are leaving in the morning so I guess it's time to harvest all my spaghetti squash, tomatoes , stray cucumbers and anything else I can find.

Ruth, make your own rules! I do. I hope you get thorough your musts with that energy you found at 3 am. Oh, and thanks for the earworm!

Linda, glad you found your perky. Your casserole sounds delish!

Cyndi, ouch..that 6 hour rule seems to always apply here. Be safe today and enjoy your time with Julie. Hoping she does get kicked out sometime very soon!

Chelby, I bought Truvia and like it pretty well. You might try it. It doesn't seem bitter. I follow some principles of FatFlush and it's what she recommends. I can't wait for Auston's pictures!

Karen, yay for getting those niggles out of the way.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #11  
sophie

good morning,

I guess inability to sleep more than 6 hrs must be a requirement for this club. I had a bad night too and I usually sleep so well. DD and GS are gone and we survived beautifully, there was very little tension between DD and me and it just shows how much she matured. I guess have a kid does it. Anyways, we are going up this weekend to bring all the stuff that she couldn't fit in her little car. A five hour drive is like next door after the 36 hr drives we have been taking. On the SB front, I survived beautifully, there was lots of cooking and baking going around and I won't say I didn't have any but always just a little sliver and that was it, none if there was leftover dessert for the next day.

Ruth - laundry and dishwasher before 7a.m. I usually do it after 9p.m. and hate it.

Cottage - I can almost smell your meals.

Cyndi - sorry to hear about Julie, keeping my fingers crossed also.

Chelby - nice to see you back and Austin is as hilarious as always.

Debbie - sounds like your garden was very productive. Safe travelling.

Karen - how many grey hairs do you have now.

off to do more cleaning and playing with my new iphone (not 5) you have to have delicate finger tips for those.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning to all! Sorry about all the short nights of sleep. I had a bad one too and I'm feeling beat.

Scale is just holding steady at 155, hasn't budged one bit in almost two weeks now! What?! Frustrating. I still am not anywhere close to normal in the bathroom department...I've been trying everything with no luck, so I honestly think that might be a part of it. I think one or two servings too many of p2 foods each day could be the culprit? I haven't really done a 1.5. Does anyone have advice on if that could be the problem? Or just a stall after losing 15 pretty quickly? I'm clueless but would love ideas from any of you SB gurus!

Work, then birthday dinner for my brother-in-law at my parents. We're having caesar salad, lasagna with Dreamfields pasta (my mom's been eating it for years, Kalyn talks about it on her website so I'm going with it), and SBD Panna Cotta with berries. Should be delish! Then we'll play a game, I'm sure.

House-hunting is, as it probably always does, bringing out the drama between Chessa and myself. I just want the dream house we've found, no matter what, and she is so much more practical and conservative than I am. I think she feels it's out of our budget, but I think we could make it work if we were careful, and I also feel that we are at the bottom of our income potential and this is the time to buy the dream house if we can afford it, given interest rates and down payment/first time homebuyer assistance programs. We'll see who wins!

Ruth - Sounds like a very productive day! Hope you are able to get everything done...and get a nap in to boot!
Cyndi - I'm hoping for some good news for you today, and it sounds like a little break before the surgery would be welcome news like you said.
Chelby - Tacky day sounds cute!!
Karen - I love all of your DS antecdotes!
Hi Debbie!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

If this works, this is Auston this morning ready for Tacky Day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TackyDay.jpg (35.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

lol Chelby!

Good morning all. Good news Cyn - Ruth, I might have been going to BED that early but not getting up!!!

I threw up again last night. Not sure what's up there. Lunch was fine. Breakfast not so much but after lunch I thought I was cured! Guess not?! I am not eating any later than normal, nor did I eat the same thing as the night before. So bizarre.

Lots of work to focus on today. Talk with you checks later!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

quick flyby for me. Chelby love the pic lol.

Work and more work then home to do laundry and soccer practice.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread