South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:20 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tap Dancin' Tuesday Chat - October 4

I'm outta here in an hour so I'll get those lazy Girls up, pottied and fed, pack some sort of breakfast to eat after my fasting bloodwork and head down that lonesome highway. I certainly intend to be home by nine because I have a heck of a lot to do this week.

By the way, the loons are screaming, What a lovely Northern sound! I love living between two lakes.

Geez, I want a coffee! I'll hit Tim Hortons on the way home.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:21 AM   #2  

Default Tapdancin' Tuesday Chat!

Up Up Up, it's a great day for Up! C'mon...where is everybody? It's already 6:20 a.m. and the beach is empty!!

Yes, I AM disgustingly cheerful . Know why? Day 4 and no slip ups with the exception of one s/f pudding slip (thought it was okay on Ph 1).

How's everyone else??
Old 10-04-2005, 06:25 AM   #3  

Oops. Double chat. Out of deference to you our Mighty Moderator, I vote we follow this one....
Old 10-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #4  

Well evening chickies.. I have been feeling out of sorts all day.. bloody nausea.. I am fine if lying in bed... since I am not pregnant I wish it would go away.. but still managed to exercise at a gentle walk.. but did eat some rice crackers while redoing phase 1... but it should be ok.

I am off to bed - have a great day.

Hi Ruth and Taramoon
Old 10-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #5  

Give Yourself a Goal
by Ralph Marston

Do yourself a favor and give yourself a goal. There is
nothing that can give you the same positive, satisfying
feeling as deciding to do something and then getting it
done.

Give yourself a goal, and make it one that's truly
meaningful to you. Experience the joy of creating exactly
what you would like to have.

When you give yourself a goal, you give your actions a
purpose. With a real and meaningful purpose behind them,
those actions become vastly more effective.

When you are following a meaningful goal, it feels so right
that once the goal is reached you'll want to have another.
So do yourself an even bigger favor and get in the habit of
creating and achieving goals for yourself on a regular
basis.

The more goals you reach, the more enthusiastic you'll be to
devise new ones. Even when you start with just a tiny,
modest goal, you'll find yourself easily and naturally
progressing to bigger, more ambitious ones.

Give yourself a goal, and the benefits will go far beyond
you. You'll be making your world a more valuable and
fulfilling place to live.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:18 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning! I'm still trying to get used to the shorter days. It seems weird that it's after 7am and it's still dark outside. But at least for a few weeks until we "fall back" it'll stay lighter later on in the day. I am ready for fall and the cooler temps. This summer has been so hot.

I have this recipe for a green bean frittata and since my frittata's never work out I'm gonna try a "green bean scramble". For some reason I'm craving green beans and eggs. I might top with some salsa and ff sour cream, or maybe some parmesan cheese. I think I'll have some yogurt and sf jello powder to go along with it.

Ruth: I hope everything comes out fine with your blood work. It must be **** not being able to have coffee for a while. I don't envy you at all. One of these days I need to go get my cholesterol checked.

Tamaroon: Hi! Hope you have a great day.

Marianna: Feel better, ok? Maybe just rest and take it easy until whatever this is passes. Maybe some diet ginger ale?

Everyone else: Have a great day at the beach!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Sorry I've been MIA for the past week or so. It was a busy one. I finally got my replacement trained at the nursing home. Yay!! Went to my writers conference and met with an editor at Bantam (she liked my story idea and wants to see the book and the synopsis for the next book!) And I met with an agent who wants to see my proposal as well.

Late Saturday night all my euphoria came to screeching halt. Trying to stay as SBD legal as possible given that I had no control over the menu, I opted for pork medallions for dinner rather than lasagna. I almost never eat pork. Only after the fact did I know that pork when cooked properly is "white" and not "pink and juicy".

By 4:00 am Sunday, I was one sick puppy and I called my dh and had him come and haul my sorry self to the ER where I spent the entire day hooked up to a saline drip to rehydrate me as well as various narcotics to try and relieve the pain and nausea.

I missed the entire last half of the conference as well as the literacy booksigning. And now I have a nice case of phlebitis in the vein where the IV was hooked up.

So, how was YOUR weekend???

Ruth, I hope your bloodwork comes out fine and you get a good sticker. We're a rare breed. I wish you could somehow send the sound of those loons down here to me. I've never heard one before.

Marianna, sorry you're feeling yucky. You have my deepest sympathies. Right now, I'm on clear liquids and things like "white bread" "white rice" and other non offending stuff. So SBD legal, right?

Okay, I gotta go eat my non-offending cereal with my rice milk. See ya'll later. Have a wonderful day on the Beach!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #8  

Oh Happeee Tuesday all you B*tching Beach Babes!!!! It's "Gowchis" outside this morn!

Marianna: My goodness, you may have to see a doc if this continues luv! hmm wonder if a flu bug can be transmitted via 3FC..seems like a lot of us have had bouts of sickness the past week or so.. .Sleep well darlin'

TaraMoon: What a great prose to quote to start the day! And wonderful that you are sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth: GO GO GO GO!!! Where is your OFF button???

Me: Day 1 of Ph1 under my belt..and all is well! Busy day yesterday..
I went to Michaels craft store and bought a bunch of stuff.. I have this moundy thing in the front yard which will be purrfect for my Halloween/fallish display.. I bought little bales of hay, some autumish colored berries and leaves... A plastic gord on which I shall paste and paint into a dumplingish scarecrow dude, with a straw hat, and birds upon his head..and plop him up on a hay bale. I got some plastic pumpkins to carve for now...About the week before Halloween I will proceed with the real carved pumpkins to line the drive way... Sigh, this will be my first year in like 20 that I won't be dressing up with all my friends... We did since I was about 25 and would go to big balls and costume parties..the last 3 years we went to Salem for the "witches brew".. So I will now find a new tradition to replace it... Today I'll get the house all ship shape so that I can work on my crafts guilt free the rest of the week.. Will check back in later!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #9  

Mamacita! Yes darlin , you were missed... SOOOOO much GOOD news for you Marred by bad pork? GAWD that sounds like you went thru ****..Take it easy and hopefully you'll be fit as a fiddle in no time and to work on that synopsis!

Pearsy: I make a Squash Scramble.. I love it ! With yellow and green squash, sauteed onions, spices and egg... yummy

Last edited by Schatzi; 10-04-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #10  

Mornin chickies,

This has to be a quick post since rain is looming large outside and if I don't walk the Boston Terriers they will be Boston terrors today, and since I'm w/o a car for a bit my exercise will be walking.

Ruthxxx - Hope the bloodwwork is good and you have your coffee soon. I'm not a happy person w/o my coffee

Marianna - Get to feeling better soon - nothing worse than nausea

Mamicita - What an awful weekend for you certainly hope your week is better

Taramoon - Thanks for the inspiration

Pearshape - Enjoy your "scramble" and your day

Schatzi - Have a fun decorating day and I think I'll try squash scramble this am I've got some I need to use. Thanks for the Idea.

I added a banana back yesterday since I was begin to have leg cramps at night. After the banana I noticed some cravings anybody have any suggestions to relieve leg cramps?

Everybody have a wonderful day on the beach.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies!

I woke up late again. I have to love my co-worker for cooking me a SBD approved egg beaters and turkey bacon, but boy it is getting old! I have got to get up earlier to make myself something more tasty. I want to try the muffins made of white beans, so I think I will make them this evening. Mmmmm... I made a beef vegetable stew that was to die for last night! I even got my 3 year old to eat a small bowl. I had to bribe him "Do you want some of Mommy's Sprite? Then, you have to take a bite!" Hey! It worked and it was Diet Sprite.

I am feeling my attempts at the Jacob's ladder at the gym. I only did 30 minutes of cardio and some abs last night. It felt like enough while I was there, but after I left, I could have kicked myself for not doing any weights. I want to go do Yoga tonight, but there is a lot of stuff at home I need to take care of, so I don't know. My son is making it so easy to go. On the way to daycare in the mornings he thinks we are going to the gym and says, "I want to go play!" I usually tell him we will after school and then when I pick him up he says, "Let's go to the gym!" Can't argue with that!

Well, gotta get so me work done. I am leaving early today for a 1 hour massage.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:50 AM   #12  

My list
7AM-cuddle in bed with kids, talk about life ,the universe and everything(done)
-coffee(done)
-journal(done)
-kids fed(done)
-pack lunch(done)
-DS on the bus( in 10 min)
-OP breakfast
-shower
-clean cat litter
-gather garbage
-fold laundry
-call media guy
-do 2 loads of wash
-sweep down steps
-vacuum upstairs
-Avon book keeping
-clean top of fridge( they missed it)
-do dishes
-tidy toys
-snack lunch
-provide stimulating things for kids to do
1PM- sit down with tea and an OP lunch and watch All My Children( probably fold more laundry)
sigh.....
I need some meal ideas but dont have time right now to peruse. I was not OP yesterday. I had a WW wrap at lunch. And shredded wheat and milk before bed.
Aaaah, Schatzi is crafty!!! Love it!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:50 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Morning girls!!
Schatzi- Thanks for the morning giggles...I love the way you "pronounce" stuff!!!
Mama- gosh hun, that is aweful..see this is another reason I don't eat pork!!! Glad to see you back!!!
Ruth- You need to rest lady, but I sure would love to hear those loons!!
Djett- Work out some for me too will you? Since we are at the same weight, can I just count the pounds that you lose too???
BT Mom- I know what you mean about the terrors. I have 2 great danes that were terrors last night...we lost 3 pairs of shoes...lots of doggy spankings!!
pear- the days do seem so short right now...but the nights seem even shorter..>I am so tired lately
Tara- I hope you stick to your goal!!
Mariana- glad u r here..hope you feel better

Me- Football tonight...all meals planned for the day...I should be good.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #14  

HollyHock: That's some list ya got there! Whew! I need a nap now! Seriously, there is a menu thread going where we are posting our daily fixins... Some great ideas there...

Ah... i'm cwafty in more ways den one!

Djett: El Posto the Beef StewO...It's perfect weather for a hardy stew!!!

Kye: 2 GREAT DANES!!!! GADZOOKS, them are leetle horses! Have a wonderful time ad DS's game! We'll root for ya!

2 bt mom: Oooh yes, quite yummy and easy.. I would ya believe "made up" the recipe when I was like 13.. and we would serve it as a side dish at dinner.. like folks say Who says eggs are just for breakfast, and steak is only dinner.. We loved it !
Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 AM   #15  
Kyemom

Oh...And forgot to say, my scale broke, so now I have to go buy another one. I hope it reads the same weight as my old one!!!
Closed Thread