Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #61  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
It's like this thread has water cooties or something, as one of our toilets busted last night. Oh fun. Has someone put a hex on us 40-somethings?

*looks around suspiciously*

Playoff football tonight, looking forward to it!
You might be right! Thankfully my house is okay, but the Finnish Center where I volunteer a water pipe burst and it is a great big mess and some of the offices smell awful! I was the jinx
Old 01-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #62  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Marlene Both of my kids have three passports; Finland, US and Australia. So the world is their playground. They would receive a free education anywhere in Europe, and we are encouraging them to take advantage of that. So far they are not as daring as I was...and in a way it is making me feel sad. I wish my kids were to come home and say, hey I want to spent a year in Madrid/Paris/Tuscany/Stockholm..... We lived in London for a few years and they miss all the travels we did, but still they are not interested in spending some university time over there. If DH and I retire in Europe, perhaps they will follow???
Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #63  

Ha! My husband switched office buildings just before Christmas. He told me the water main broke in his old building just this past weekend so they have no water until it is repaired.

Water Water everywhere how much will you drink?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #64  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Definitely water issues... we had a joint in the shower to slip a few months back; water poured into the downstair's loo and they had to completely re drywall the whole bathroom....No more water problems for us 40 somethings, please.

I ate sooo much yesterday and day before that I am still stuffed and have no appetite. Unfortunately I am meeting someone for lunch, do you think it would be horrible just to have tea??? My gf is pregnant and she can eat a whole cow right now I think she would probably not mind if I skipped lunch. She is there to meet me anyways... I don't feel like eating and forcing food down sounds like a bad idea. -- I usually fast once per week, and today seem to be a logical fasting day for me. I just don't want to make the other party feel awkward. I'll see once I get there.

Last edited by Sum38; 01-14-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

Last week was a complete wash! Finally felt better on Saturday. Went to the Bronco game on Sunday, so back on-plan yesterday. Got to the gym and didn't cough up a lung on the treadmill, so all is good again.

I am struggling with motivation. It's hard to get excited when I know my path to success is a long one. I'm in the "fake it till you make it" stage.

So glad to see all the familiar faces. I'll work on getting caught up this week. Hello to the newbies. You may all be glad to hear Spring is only 64 days away!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Pretty good day off. Didn't get exercise in yet. I walked a lot with appointments am at 5500 steps. My goal is 12000 so I have catch-up to do. D Plan on doing a Leslie Sansone video and walking while catching up on sleepy hollow. Just need the kids to go to bed. Pouring like mad otherwise I would go out for a walk. Should have this am.
Good(tasty not healthy) dinner tonight. Pulled pork sandwich. I only ate a half a one. Small serving of potato salad. Baked beans, green beans and Pickled peach from my visit to my sister. She sent me home with a jar.
The kids had endocrinologist appointments. DD thyroid is more enlarged than DS's but her disease went undiagnosed for longer. The new doctor was very nice and both kids seemed to like her.
Will do personals tomorrow.
Hi to all.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.4/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

The last month and half has kept me from posting. I'm glad the holidays are over, as it is the worst time of the year for me, I have S.A.D. I may be losing the temp job I've had since May and my friends have shown their true colors and abandoned me. I'm not letting it get to me. I am starting my exercise tomorrow and have removed all the junk from my kitchen that I cannot resist.

I'm planning on moving in June, getting a second part time job, joining a gym and getting involved in Meetup.com events to make new friends. Crazy maybe, but I want to be thinner and happier for all that. Losing weight will give me the confidence and positive attitude to get my life back on track.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #68  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

hello all,
We had leaks on the cold water side of both sinks in the bathroom, so hopefully that was our water issue, I was afraid to post for a couple seconds til I remembered we already had our water issue

Trying to get a good routine going, some days are better than others, overall feel like things are going well.

Carma, our rail trail is paved, with grass on either side of the pavement, it's only 2 miles, but quite nice, they're talking about expanding it another couple of miles, which would be nice, especially for biking. The snow drifts across a little bit, but they keep it pretty clear. We're lucky to have it nearby.

Best to all
Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Sum, how old are your kids? Both of mine want to travel, and we are encouraging. I wish I had the opportunity to take just a semester off and go to another country like they do. Back when I went to school, people would go for their complete college experience, or more likely come here to the US from some other country, but a semester was not that common.

Free tuition is a great thing... seeing as I just sent another $9K off to the older one's school for this semester for tuition, room, board & books. At least she's at a state school and not a private one.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #70  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Fortunately no water problems here, unless you count a dishwasher that is *still* acting up... aaarghh!

Maybe it's a regional thing, since when I was in college, it was quite common to go abroad for a semester or a year. I did a semester in Japan in '86, my sister did a year in London in '85, my brother did a year in Madrid in '83 -- and we all went to different colleges. Gah... so long ago now.

Much like others, I'm ebbing and flowing over here. Did the elliptical for 45 min today. Yay!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #71  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I wish I'd traveled abroad during my education. But the most traveling I did during college was Fort Lauderdale during spring break. That was like visiting an alien planet, though. A drunk, naked alien planet.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #72  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Lol, Mrs Snark. Drunk, naked, alien...

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about your various water problems. Mine are mostly retention oriented

Moondance, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one counting the days till spring! How I miss my walks, but I'm a coward, and after breaking my foot on the stairs a few years ago, I try not to venture forth if there's any chance of slipperiness... So it's various youtube workouts on the carpet for me.

Life is plagued with problems- mostly 1st world, so I'm glad of that, but it's wearing me down. Often I come here and read and wish you all well, but just don't have much to say, so I don't write. I'm thinking of you all, though!

Old 01-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #73  
Hi!

Sorry for all the water problems. If I end up with them, I'll be quite annoyed.

Super busy here, keeping me from much online activity. Still able to get exercise and eat pretty well. Took Bowser (the rescue Swissy) skijoring over the weekend, and will do it again this weekend. I'm hoping to avoid breaking any bones before my vacation.

We get a spare dog this weekend, and will have her at our house while on vacation, and then for a few weeks when we get back. I just found out she has developed spay incontinence, so I'm guessing my house will smell horrible when I get back.

I will never look at Ft. Lauderdale the same way again.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to check in with you! I'm heading out on business for the night, but overall doing well. In fact, the scale was actually DOWN a little bit this morning!

I've been getting up early and getting on the treadmill - it's been really good - makes me feel like I'm "paying myself first" - - I am wearing my fitbit, and have been getting over 10K steps by about 1pm every day!

Food wise - still no alcohol, no starchy carbs - just sticking to fruit, veggies, fish and soy products (I eat way too much processed soy, but that's a vice I'll tackle later)...

I'm flying out of state only for one night - ran this morning on the treadmill and decidedly will take tomorrow off - I won't get home until after 10:30pm, so I'm sure I'll get some airport walking time.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Sheila
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #75  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Great job Sheila! I love getting exercise out of the way first thing in the morning, it always sets a good tone for the day!
Closed Thread