Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #106  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi, Sept2012!
I remember you! I'm glad you're back; sorry you lost your dad. (((hug))) Also totally get you on the stress eating thing. I don't post much these days, but I'm lurking around, keeping tabs on you all (in the most loving possible way, he he.)

Toowicky- Girl Scout Cookies! Be strong, woman. You can do it! Who needs a Somoa, anyway. All that coconut just gets stuck in your teeth...

Chubby Mum, crossing my fingers for you, although since it's Saturday here, I have a sneaking suspicion that you may have already reported to the weigh in thread... I'll just pop over and look...

The rest of you; I want a scale that looks like a chibi jam-toast and giggles when I get on. something friendly. Think there's a market for that? No? Prolly not... Oh well.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

8 lbs gone in January. I'm excited for February!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Abbi, That's awesome. Great job.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #109  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I just spent 10 minutes googling "Chibi Jam" and "Chibi Jam-Toast" and I have to say I still have no clue what that is. But I like the sound of it.

And I would *love* a scale that giggles.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #110  
mossfootrunner!

Sorry, Ms. Snark. Was thinking of something like this:

http://www.threadless.com/product/672/mmmh_Delicious
Old 02-02-2014, 05:32 AM   #111  
mossfootrunner!

Ha ha, well I'm ******* doomed; my birthday is this week and so far this morning my eldest has announced that she will be making cupcakes for my birthday and my neighbour (a domestic goddess by all accounts) has brought me a lemon cake, still hot from the oven.

I was just thinking of starting a spring break challenge because I'm going to the states (beach!) in two months.

I am sooooooooooooo doomed!

Old 02-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #112  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

FatAbbi woohoo! 8 pounds is awesome!!

Susan are you going to FL?

We have had so much snow, last few years our winters have been quite snow free and I have looked forward to our out west ski vacation, this is not so much...lol Plenty of this white stuff here at home. -- This year I wished I was going somewhere warm.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #113  

Sum: Last year we got hammered with snow. This year we have had snow but a lot of cold brittle temps. Then a warm tease then brutal cold again. I will be going somewhere warm but not until May. Cruise to Bermuda.

Magicsusan: Fingers crossed for your birthday week.

Sept: I was a little shocked about Atlanta too. However apparently they don't get a ton of snow and when they do they are paralyzed. It was a bunch of ice too though wasn't it. Gladly you survived unscathed.

TooWicky: great job on 5 days no soda. Feels good doesn't it? I for the most part drink water or tea. I do occasionally have soda though. Usually fresca. Occasionally diet coke.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #114  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
Sorry, Ms. Snark. Was thinking of something like this:

http://www.threadless.com/product/672/mmmh_Delicious
Well that is totally adorable!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #115  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Sum what area are you in? Atlanta has been a weather rollercoaster this year. WEEKS with no sun - the weather people said 8 weeks straight where our weekends had NO SUN. I thought I would go mad. Then you all know about the "snow storm" and then today it is 60 and raining... I was born and raised in HOT weather (Palm Springs, CA) and right now I am kinda wishing I booked a poolside vaca too (where the sun is a forsure thing).

Toowicky - Ahhhhhh. the girlscout cookie wagon has hit our office this week too. hahaha I don't even want them but I have in the past and I get the pull so stay strong!

Mrs Snark - I want a scale that talks to me!! Is there one?? Hahaha I would pay money to have one tell me good job or oink at me if it goes up!

Magicsusan! Oh NOOOOO thats like my worst nightmare cause how can you say no to those people who love you??? Hahaha take some to work and share!!! Or invite the neighbor and her whole family for a nice meal and serve her cake ahahahaha! Sorry I am the girl who shows she loves you with baking too. One of my favorite things to do (My dream is to meet Buddy the cake boss I LOVE HIM). Happy Birthday anyway!!

Abbi - GOOD JOB!!! Some jealousy over here. I am f-ing around with the same 5 lbs for the past week or so up and down up and down... I would like to get past that part and just move on all ready! Good for you!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #116  

Scale was good to me post super bowl. Plan worked. 211.6. However my exercise class was cancelled due to a snow storm we got. So now I will have to do 4500 steps in my house. Not sure if I will do a Leslie Sansone video on you tube or check something else out. I may have to go and clean the basement play room which I hope to turn into an exercise room so I can have some exercise without the family around. I have gotten to liking my Mondays where it is just me. Especially the yoga class. Oh well I told my husband I would go on Wednesday instead.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #117  
Fat to Fab and Fit

sept2012 I am in Michigan, about an hour north of Detroit. I bet Atlanta is totally helpless what comes to snow. What a crazy winter, eh? -- We are supposed to get another snowstorm tonight.

CarmaCongrats on you weigh-in! Woot!

Not much is happening here, just trying to stay warm. I pulled a long day at the FCA (Finnish Center Association) yesterday and today I am feeling lazy. I will get my workouts in, and I need to run some errands.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #118  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Sum - I have friends in Michigan. I just saw a post that he had to dig through 18" of snow to get to his BBQ. Thought that was funny. Who BBQ's in the snow?? Oh I guess friends from Southern California do... You know its BBQ weather there right now.

So I am on a mission to move in some way shape or form every day in February. And to weigh myself every single day in February. On day 4 and so far so good. I need to see some results by the end of the month so I don't go insane. Anyone else doing challenges this month???

So my dog came back from the kennel with of course “the COUGH”. Its ugly and I feel so bad for him. He barley ate the whole time he was gone and now I am making him boiled chicken, rice and chicken broth. He is eating and the cough has subsided, but he is still really tired and sneezes a lot. I am hoping that I can nurse him back to health without having to take him to the vet. I know dogs are different that humans but the fact of the matter is I don’t use antibiotics (unless I can’t cure myself) and I kinda feel the same way about him… is that bad? I have had him for 10 years and he has never once been sick so I am gonna give the no vet thing a gamble for a couple of more days and then if the sneezing does not subside I will take him in. Anyone have any input?
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #119  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I do the daily weigh in challenge with Gardernerjoy, and I am failing miserably. I was hoping to be down to 141 by now that I could possibly reach my 6 pound loss for the month, but nope I am still at 144 and I don't think 9 pounds will happen.

Plus I have the V-Day challenge thread going. It is an accountability thread as well...you should join it!

BTW, I love to BBQ during winter months Right now my deck is too snowy though. There is at least 2 feet of snow out there. Maybe I will get motivated enough and shovel it out

Poor puppy! Hugs to him!

Last edited by Sum38; 02-04-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 AM   #120  
mossfootrunner!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

Sum, I'm going to the outer banks; was there once about a quarter of a century ago and am looking forward to doing it again.

Carma, Sept2012 and everybody else, the cake thing didn't turn out too badly; I asked daughter to make a small batch, and she and other daughter managed to find a recipe for only a dozen and then halved it. Was perfect. The icing was aqua. Yummy, without the destructive properties of an entire cake hanging around the house, begging to be "evened up," NWIM?

and Sept2012, I also bake- I knew where they were all coming from, it was just a mad coincidence that my two best friends *and* my eldest daughter all spontaneously baked me something this year...

Carma, I hear you on the exercising solo. We all need a little "me" time. My kids are teens, so it's easy to do it before they get up or after they've gone to school..

Don't envy you all your snow; can't stand the stuff. I am sooooo ready for spring; I miss my walkies, and I don't do walkies when it's below 10c.
Closed Thread