Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #16  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Ooops, I answered to your question in a wrong thread Chubbymom -- What I was saying, I barely get hungry at 1200 calories, as long as I eat healthy stuff, lots of veggies and lean protein. If I do get hungry, I have no problem adding a snack. Yesterday I ate 1700 calories and was stuffed. I struggled to get all in, and decided to take a short cut and have an apple w/pb...loads of calories and oh so yummy.

We received about a foot of snow and more is yet to come. And then the cold front moves in and wind chill is expected to get to -45F. Yikes. I don't think there will be any school for a few more days.

We are about to go and take a hike through all that snow. I am not looking forward to it It will be HARD WORK! I am anticipating the hike to take 2 hours (I normally walk those 4.2 miles in 65 minutes or less).

I will definitely need to eat more today; I already did an hour step aerobic class and burned 500-600 calories and that hike will burn 600-900 calories.

Stay warm everyone!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Happy New Year! The weather has been frightful and I have no fireplace for it to be delightful.

My husband and I joined a gym and I have been doing my physical therapy. It's been slow going...I seem to make quick progress and then I seem to stall and be stuck at the same place for a long time. Kind of like my weight loss! I haven't stepped on the scale in ages. I really can't focus on exercise to take of the calories (I do a stationary or recumbent bike, because most everything else is too much pressure on my leg). That means I have to watch my calorie intake, but I have been eating much more than my goal of 1200-1500 on most days. I guess I am in winter hibernation mode, but I am going to be terrible unhappy come springtime if I keep this up.

PMS is here full force and making me feel even more bloated and heavy than usual. Major snowfall and frigid temps have closed schools and are keeping me away from the gym today (I went on Friday). I need to get motivated, but I've been living with chronic pain for the past 3 1/2 months, and it's getting tough.

Good luck, everyone!
Old 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #18  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for catching us up, guac; I've been thinking of you... Glad to hear you are making progress with PT, albeit slow... Spring is around the corner... right??? Ack... terribly cold winter this year. Blech. Hard to fathom that I was walking on the beach last week...

Last edited by newleaf123; 01-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #19  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Guac, good to hear you're making some progress with the PT. Even if it's slow. I'm just starting to get calories reigned in (think I spelled that wrong).

anyway, we're going back to making a chart for 12 weeks and weighing in on Fridays and writing it down on the chart! It'll be spring by the time we're done, this frigid cold can go away anytime. Today was decent but now the wind is kicking up and rain is supposed to start, yay...not

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-05-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone! Mind if I re-join?

Well - the holidays were uh, rough...I completely de-railed and am now getting back on track. I've weighed in today at 159.5

At any rate, I'm 3 days into a "cleanse" - no starchy carbs, no alcohol, and exercise - - amazingly I feel better already. Made some 13 bean vegetarian chili for the workweek (I'm also in the storm area and need to drive tomorrow morning )...but it feels good to be prepared.

It's amazing how horrible I felt when I stopped exercising, ate plates full of cheesy potatoes, candy and sat on the couch drinking wine every evening just "numbing" with food and drink...NEVER AGAIN.

My goal is to be at 130 by April 1st - 10 pounds a month - - I've also taken my measurements:

Chest: 41.5 inches
Waist: 41.25 inches
Hips: 42.5 inches

....at least I'm fairly symetrical....

Glad to be back on the boards - I really appreciate reading all of your posts and the support here - it's motivating for me!!

Hope everyone stays warm!! Negative windchill of 40 degrees coming here!

Sheila
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Thanks Sum, that explains things. I think I'll try cutting back my intake a bit on non exercise days like today. I'm losing a pound a week but it's coming off more slowly than with DD3.

I wish it was snowing! It's hot and steamy here and our air con is playing up. It's supposed to storm later which would be a relief.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Yay I found the chat thread.
sum: glad your in full exercise mode. Congrats on the weight loss!
Guac: continued strength for your P.T.
Heidi & Mrs. Snark: I want to be on the all candy diet when I am 79 too count me in.
kelpia: how is the running going?
Chubby mum: fingers crossed for your heat wave breaking!
Sheila: welcome.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I find no motivation to exercise. I hate it. I'm trying 30 mins a day... Roller derby starts on Wednesday so that should help 2-3 times a week. I casually ride my bike around the neighborhood on Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila22 View Post
I've also taken my measurements:

Chest: 41.5 inches
Waist: 41.25 inches
Hips: 42.5 inches

....at least I'm fairly symetrical....

Glad to be back on the boards - I really appreciate reading all of your posts and the support here - it's motivating for me!!

Hope everyone stays warm!! Negative windchill of 40 degrees coming here!

Sheila
Freezing rain day today so no buses for my 16 year old (she walks to school but if buses are canceled the teachers can't teach new material so the kids stay home)

It is interesting to me to see how your proportions are so different from mine, Sheila. You are 4 inches taller and 40 pounds lighter than I am.
My measurements
Chest 46
Waist 37
Hips 45
Old 01-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

DH missed his flight this morning due to the weather conditions. I get to have him home a few more unexpected hours, yay! Both of the kids schools were cancelled, and I am really glad about it. DS has a nice big car (he drives and Escalade; ya I know, I know...spoiled ) But DD has just a regular passenger car and that thing would get stuck in a snow today. This momma feels better having her babies at home during a storm like this.

Hard to imagine Chubbymom suffering from a heatwave Temps over here in Michigan are supposed to dip down to -20 today, brrrr....

I won't be walking my furnbaby for a couple of days; it is simply just too cold and I would fear for her paws getting frost bitten.

My hip is bugging me a bit. I have had problems with the ball joint getting inflamed time to time. Last time when I was running (6/7 years ago), I had to stop because it was so painful. I think my hip did not like the hike we took yesterday. I may take it a bit easier for the next few days and let it rest, perhaps I will do some swimming.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #26  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Leeh I wanna be the granny that grandkids call hot...lol

keli I saw that you were snow shoeing....that sounds like really hard work.

Guacamole I feel for you! I was in your shoes 5 winters ago and the recovery felt awful. More you move, better the break will feel. I still get stiff if if stop doing my walks. By the time summer gets here, you'll feel so much better! Hang in there!

Sheila22 Nice to have you back! -- I gave up my beloved wine some months ago. Time to time I miss it; especially during social gatherings - I survived Christmas parties and New Year's Eve without any alcohol - but I feel so much better! I don't know if it has made any difference in my weight loss, probably not, just how I feel.

FatAbbi I loathe weight lifting, and do it 3 times per week. I absolutely hate each and every minute whilst doing it, but the pride I feel once I am done is incredible. -- Once you get into some routine, it will become part of your life. Good luck!!

Leeh and Sheila I should take my beginning year measurements. perhaps I'll do them on Friday and tag them to my weekly weigh in post

Heidi
Beach sounds heavenly today. -- We always go somewhere cold for our winter vacation; this year it will be Colorado....I am starting to want something warmer. Kids love the winter sports so much.

Carma How are you?

Mrs S You always make me smile. Thank you!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year everyone!

After a 5 month derailment, I'm back, again, looking for support, and answers to why I can't keep weight off once I lose it. Last year I lost 25 pounds over 6 months and have regained 15 of those pounds back.

Glad to see so many familiar faces. I'm hoping 2014 is my year for lasting change.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #28  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Awww Moondance I hope this is your year, too!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Moondance - although I didn't loose as much, I gained a bunch back too. It is SOOOO hard! Keep getting support, I think that's the most important thing.

I just had an awesome run in Spring Creek Canyon, near our house. A bald eagle was highly disturbed that I interrupted his fresh trout catch, but it was coooool seeing him (in the snow!). It was a good run despite the snow and ice (jealous, Mrs. Snark?!?) although my hamstring is a-achin'. (I tore it over 2 years ago)

Onward ho!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-06-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick hello! Snow day today and tomorrow for kids. So, no gym and no shopping. I didn't log calories today - but, the good news is I have no sugary snacks in the house to binge on!

Leg is feeling very stiff with no exercise (good point, Sum). Maybe tomorrow I will make an effort to walk the stairs a few more times and do some of my PT stretches.

Stay warm and on plan!
Closed Thread