Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

2 days worth of menus... and this am weight was 125.5, so all good there.

Friday:
B - Egg, cheese, yogurt
L - Salad, chicken, Feta, salsa, guacamole, blueberries, animal crackers
S - Orange, cheese stick
D - (at friend's house) Chicken schnitzel, broccoli, roasted cauliflower, cooked potatoes, salad. One dark chocolate truffle.
W - 8+ cups
Total Calories - Aprox 1325

Sat
B- Egg, cheese stick, 2 Cuties, coffee w/cream
L - salad with Turkey, walnuts, cheese & salsa, pretzel crisps, hummus, 2 Cuties
S - cheese stick & animal crackers
D - steak, 2 oz brown rice, salad, Black olives, feta. blueberries
S - ice cream, 4 animal crackers, tea with milk
W - 8+ cups
Total Cal - Aprox 1410. Had to work today, and meals provided, so a little over my normal lunch.

Exercise consisted mostly of just walking around outside, not really counting. Should get a nice walk in tomorrow and 30DS.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #452  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

What an inspiring story Chardonnay! You sound really happy now. -- I did not have the same level of toxic people in my life, but enough to cut ties with my sister. Life is better when the dead weight has been dropped. I do miss my sister, or idea of her, but I know better (now); I can never let her into my life again.

Chubby mum Those toddlers... cute! I remember living with my busy kids. Miss those days! --- Glad that the heatwave has ended. You will be in excellent shape in no time. Congrats on your pound and loose fitting clothes.

MarleneV We had a snow day on Friday as well. DS's exams were postponed. Where did you go?

Rennie Just hang with us, and we'll keep you in check! Failure is not an option! You will see that 150 (and 136 )! You have come so far. Let's hope that the 160's will fly by and that 150 number will give you incentive to stay OP.

justsayno Sorry that you have been so sick. Lot of that weight is just bloat and if you drink plenty of water it should leave your body fairly quickly. Stay strong

Cattails What size are you now, if I may ask .... I secretly would like to get down to 117. I think I was wearing 4's and maybe some 2's last time I was that small. -- You keep inspiring me

to shr1nk1ngme and anyone else I missed!

Last edited by Sum38; 01-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #453  
Fat to Fab and Fit

A new low for me 143.8 I am getting a bit greedy now. I would love to drop another 1.4 pounds before the month is up; that would mean a whooping 10 pound loss for the month of January. I have never lost or even dream about losing 10 pounds in one month. So I will continue my workouts, I may skip my rest day. -- Eating 1560 calories seems to work for me. I feel strong when I exercise.

Yesterday was my triple exercise day; I told you that I am a terrible swimmer...well my 45 minutes were up and I felt that I could had gone a whole hour. DH was waiting for me and I did not want him just sitting around (he said though that I should had swam, he could have waited...cute). I feel strong and energized.

People are starting to comment about my weight loss. It is noticeable on my face. I had a really fat face and it is getting skinnier. I have some really unflattering pictures of me and of my face...once I get to goal I'll post one of them with my new skinny face

I feel that this time I am going to make it. I don't know what is different, but I am just ready to work hard getting this weight off. -- My mojo was gone for so long and now it has been around for 1 1/2 months; enough to have formed a routine that I feel I can not break.

What I am most giddy about; I will be thin by the time summer arrives. No more fat summers for me

Okee dokee, enough for now. I must bore you to tears

Off to my step aerobic class...

Meals

B - Orange and fried egg (160)
L - Pulled pork (1000)
S- Tapioca pudding and apple w/bp (370)
Total cals 1530

Exercise

3.8 mile walk through snow
45 minutes of weight lifting
45 minutes of swimming

Weight
Down 0.6 lbs
Old 01-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #454  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Chubby boy do I remember those days. So many memories and so much fun.

Hi Marlene

Sum, I'm getting greedy also I guess, I want to get under 165 right now at least yours is reasonab;e

Thanks Sum, I am gonna keep at it … if I disappear from MFP then there's an issue Since I go there first thing Not boring at all. With each story I read I am inspired. I think we all get something from one another at some point … I missed Chardonnay's post so I'll have to look for it. But in the mean time …

Chardonnay I'd like to say that I am happy for anyone that has overcome an obstacle especially life threatening which could mean so many things. You Go Girl and I am a daily weigher. I have weighed daily for almost 4 years. Even when I am MIA here I still weigh daily. I just don't record it here, I have a chart in the bathroom once it gets to an embarassing number that's when I'd come back

I hit a new low today also 169.2 this is feeling good Ladies

Ok I need to eat before church, no nausea for me during service, it happens when I don't eat for long periods I'm working on it.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #455  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick stop by. Looking forward to going back and reading about toddlers and changed lives! WTG sum you are on fire!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #456  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Well, my little whoosh was nice but here I am two days later and my weight is up .2 to 157.2. I think the mid/upper 150's is a set point for me and the new normal will be a loss of 1 pound every 4 days. This puts me off my goal date but I can live with it as long as my weight keeps going down. I knew my weight loss would slow down eventually.

On a positive note, my blood sugar is coming down even more and my blood ketones are slowly inching up. Ketones were 1.0 this morning and blood glucose was 79 (right in the zone I am trying for ~ 75-80). I am happy with my decision to add more dietary fat, take out some protein, and add some light weight training. It will make it certain that any weight I lose from here on out is fat. -- Even if my weight loss slows to one pound a week.

I expect to be seeing blood ketone numbers around 1.8 - 2.0 by sometime next week, and glucose in the mid/upper 70's will be just fine.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #457  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Dear MarleneV, Cattails, Sum38, love2b150,

Thanks again ...It's a little overwhelming for me to read these nice comments. I'm so happy to know my story has some meaning to others too. Sometimes shedding the toxic people in your life is so darn difficult, even though they hurt you through and through, you still miss the idea of them. But I'm 100% certain that living in that environment kept me very unhealthy for way too long.

Something is wrong with my scale , I'm up another 2 pounds today at 142, I feel like it's impossible. Sum you mentioned in another post it could be water weight...how long would this water weight stick with me? I've been eating my usual 1700 or so calories a day, lots of water, exercise, yoga...I have been pretty stressed the last week, that could be a problem. I think I will stick to my weekly weigh-ins, that way the daily ups and downs won't affect my mood so much!! Courage to those who weigh daily
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #458  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Heidi

shr1nk1ngme, I love your numbers way to go

Chardonnay, it has got to be your muscles holding onto water, it will go away. It has to as long as you keep doing all of the right things
Old 01-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Awful day...not sure why but it was just one mistake after another when it came to eating.....the whole time hating what I was doing but doing it anyway......I'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. Im having a party this weekend and I don't want to because of my weight, I can't wear what I want to wear and be a happy hostess. I'm trying not to be negative here, but just like Sum says she found her mojo, I've lost mine and can't find it.....instead of better I'm getting worse. Hoping I can put in a good week and show some progress at the end of this week. The most I've ever lost in a week is five lbs....I don't think that is humanly possible anymore....
Old 01-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #460  

Sum, we went to friends' house for dinner. I took salad, she cooked chicken. The reason we were so late though was that I took our domino set & we were playing Mexican Train.

Rennie, Great on the new low!

Chubby, nice that you can get out to run even with having little ones! They grow up so fast though.

Shrinkingme Loss does slow at a certain point, but it sounds like you've got the right attitude. And your other numbers look good!

Chardonnay

Sum, I know you asked Cattails, and I'm a little bit taller than the 2 of you and a little higher than your goal, but I'm wearing size 2 or 4. If I buy anything new, I generally go with the 2, the 4s still fit, but are a little loose. I'm just not going to get rid of them because they are practically new.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:00 AM   #461  

125.0 this am

Today was a little strange, because we went shopping & had brunch out, and I went to 6 pm church so...

B - MRC meal replacement shake
Costco trip with samples (just a few)
Brunch - Breakfast taco
Late afternoon snack - salad with feta, blueberries (before church)
Dinner - Salad with Chicken, feta, black olives, guacamole, salsa. Orange
Snack(really desert) - Ice cream, animal crackers
Exercise - 30DS Level 2. Ended up washing car & doing outside stuff, no walk
Water - 6+
Calories before exercise - aprox 1325
Old 01-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #462  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

I don't mind your asking at all, Sum! I have a couple of 6s and a size 4 pair of jeans (I'm a forever in jeans girl), all three are a little loose. Guess I ought to go shopping sometime soon. It's weird though; I wore Levi 501s in size 7 throughout HS and weighed 110 then - have sizes changed that much in 25 years? I know that my hips and belly are a little thicker than they were back then...I have one cute outfit that I cannot get into unless I get rid of 2 inches of girth!

My face also carried a lot of fat; it's wild feeling the bones of my jaw and brow so well now. Wonder of wonders, I don't have a round face at all!

And Sum - you totally don't bore me at all!

Zumba, sorry you had a rough eating day. But that's in the past now - tomorrow holds new chances for great choices!

Marlene, you are just rock-solid - kudos!

Glad to hear from you, albeit short and sweet, Heidi! Hope all is going well in your world.

Chardonnay, sorry you're having some stressors right now. Just take care of yourself - your weight will sort itself out soon enough.

Rennie and Sum, be as greedy as you want - you're rocking this thing!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:46 AM   #463  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

I woke up this morning with my bod feeling tight and firm - then got a shock from the scale of 119! Whoa...I guess I must have had a lot more sodium yesterday than I realized - there's no way I put on 3 pounds overnight, right? It's nice that my muscles are feeling more and more taut - I'm doing my best to reach 'muscle exhaustion' during my strength workouts without overstressing my joints (stupid arthritis). Kept my calories on the low side today though, and drinking plenty of water, so tomorrow or the next day better show me something different!

B: greek yogurt with cherries and flaxseed
L: salad with beans
D: 3 veggie eggrolls
S: plain popcorn, 1 oz dark chocolate, coffee with creamer
E: 20 minute walk, 1 hr strength workout with cardio intervals between sets
Old 01-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #464  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Cattails - that definitely sounds like water weight to me!

Re the exercise with 4 kids : I was nothing like this with the first! I did make it to the gym if DH was home but I'd always leave him some milk and fret the whole time. However after my third (the toddler) I had also put on about 40 pounds and started running to kick start the weight loss. It improved my mood (as well as my body) so much that it became essential, even after my weigjt normalised. This time around, I've become really selfish about it. We'll also alternate exercise before school/work or I'll go for a run when the kids are asleep. DH prefers me slim (although he'd never actually say it) so is usually pretty happy to help me find the time. Now that the baby's feeds are getting more predictable it's less tricky for the family when I disappear. I'd love to go to the gym and add some weight lifting but for now my runs around our hilly neighbourhood will have to suffice. The only real drama is my boobs! The fantastic, expensive sports bras seem to squash the ducts and have given me mastitis while the cheaper ones are losing their elastic (as are my breasts, unfortunately).

Last edited by Chubby mum; 01-27-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #465  
Fat to Fab and Fit

No more pulled pork for me It has 3200mg of sodium per serving!! And it is not SBD approved. I had it for two days and I feel the sodium bloat and scale "jumped" 0.6 pounds. So it will be a water filled day for me. -- Now I have 2 pounds to lose in 4 days ( I am actually kinda ticked off over the "gain"...)

More snow for us, and roads are a mess. No school for the kids and DH turned around and came home. Luckily he has the flexibility to work from home. -- I was supposed to go to FCA for the day, but it would take me 2 hours to get there on a day like this, so I said I'll pass. I usually take a rest day on FCA days and also fast.... I guess I will postpone both till Wednesday.

I did not keep tabs what I ate yesterday. I kinda snacked all day; I did not adhere to my 3 meals and two snacks plan. I think my calories were on a lower side (1200/1300). I did step aerobics for an hour, and it has become "easy". I sweat like mad but I can bounce now. I also walked for 3.3 miles.

It is mom's 81st birthday. She is a very healthy 81 year old. She still goes to the gym 2 x week, walks to grocery store (about 1.5 miles each way) 2 x week and is quite active.

Okee dokee, off I go to call mom. Have a beautiful day my friends!
Closed Thread