Old 04-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #61  

Oh my gosh Mrs.TryingAgain - I had been wondering where you were. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. And you must feel like you are being stretched to the limits. My thoughts are with you.

Wow, Ukemama! 8 pounds in 11 days? That's amazing! Going off to go read up on the Dukan diet right now!

In my world, my husband left yesterday for work. He works away from home 6 months out of the year, and then is off 6 months in the winter. On the bright side, it's always easier for me to eat on plan when he's gone, because I don't cook as much. Of course, the down side is that it's lonely! Also, we have two teenagers still at home, so all their daily care, homework and taxi-ing around falls on me. I always seem to go through a period of depression and anxiety when he first leaves, and last night was no exception. I need to try not to medicate that with wine!

We're forecast for more snow all week here. I am ready for spring and hiking and outdoor activities, darn it!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday! It's also Earth Day.

Apparently, the penalty for going on vacation is getting really sick. Finally I'm feeling somewhat human. Of course, after missing so much work, I'm swamped trying to catch up. As a result, I can't catch up here today. But know I'm thinking of you all and that I'm still on track (down another pound, woohoo!).

Hang in there, all you 40-Somethings!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #63  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey MrsT.....so sorry to hear about Hubs's health issues. You must be exhausted! ...I hope Hubs is doing better and will come home soon.

I'm not posting as much as I used to--too much going on. But keep us posted!

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the positive encouragement. Latest...H will probably get to come home on Friday. I'm hoping because I don't know about you, but sitting & waiting & seeing a loved on in the hospital is just draining. Also the cat is going nutz trying to figure out where Dad is! She cries for him, looks for him & then looks at me with big green eyes like to ask, "Where did you hide him?!"
Pretty healthy today. Got in a walk...it was nice, but really windy out. Makes my allergies freak out! Just call me Sneezy for the time being!

Heading for bed. My allergy meds make me loooooopy!

BE HEALTHY EVERYONE! I'll post more when I know more! Cyber-hugs!! And for good measure!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 236

MrsTrying - I'm glad you have an idea when H can come home. I know you (and the kitty) want him back home NOW, but it sounds like he needs the rest and needs to be monitored. I'm happy he's being looked after.

Linda, I totally get the DH leaving scenario. My DH doesn't have to leave that often, but because he works so much and exercises so much I am practically a single parent. Almost every night I am trying to get two kids to and from three places - usually on the opposite ends of town. As I sit grinding my teeth in traffic, I wonder why driving doesn't have the thrill it used to have when I was younger.

Dukan is going great! I woke up this morning and looked at my body profile and was pleasantly surprised how much sleeker I look! Tomorrow is weigh in day. I can't remember the last time I was actually *excited* to weigh myself! Still a long way to go, but at least I am seeing something positive.
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning! I am new here at 3FC and I am 47...so this must be the place to be!

I just read through this entire thread and I was amazed at how much real life everyone shares. It seems to be about so much more than weight loss. Maybe I will feel comfortable enough to share as well; you all seem so kind!

Anyway, I am poking around, keeping my eyes open for a new challenge that I can jump in on, and getting excited about the support possibilities here!
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #67  

Hi Everyone - and welcome Sparks17! It's been kind of quiet on this thread lately, but I'm sure it will pick up again soon. I guess we've all been busy with life.

This has been a stressful week for me. Teenager drama at home and at their school has left me with a stomachache 24/7 for the past few days. Not even my kids' drama, but their friends, and still I can't help thinking, 'what if it were MY kids?' I haven't had any appetite, so I've barely managed 800 calories a day. I just can't eat more than that, or I feel sick. Why does everything happen as soon as my husband leaves for work? I don't even want to call him and talk it out, because he's 1000 miles away and would just worry. Anyway, all this not eating has me down 4 pounds, but I know it's not healthy. I've gotta shake this off.

Sorry, that was so disjointed and rambly. I thought maybe getting it out would help. I hope you're all doing well, and making progress this week.

Has anyone heard from NE Mom? It seems like it's been awhile since I've seen her post. Hope everything is ok with her.
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #68  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MrsTA-sorry to hear about your hubby's probs, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Linda-sorry to hear about the drama with your kids and their school, must be hard with your husband away, hope things calm down soon for you so you can get back to eating healthy.

We took our little dog to get neutered, I know it's best for him but feel bad for the little bugger...

Had a good week food wise, got back on track, ready to put the push on to get down into the next decade.

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #69  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

We FINALLY have sunshine today. Spring is so close, hope it sticks around as we were still getting snow this past weekend.
I have been MIA and so has my diet. We went to South Dakota last week/weekend to paint the vacation house. Lots of painting but my eating was not good and I did not get in any exercise.
Trying to get back on track the last couple days but it has not been easy.
Luckily, my scale is not way up but I do wonder if I would have shown a loss if I had not been so bad the last week.

Sparks - WELCOME to our comer of 3Fatchiks!!

Linda - I am sorry about all the stress you are going through, especially with your hubby away. I sure hope things work out soon.

MrsTA - Sorry to hear about your hubby's medical problems. Girl, I bet you are stressed to the max. Take care of yourself!!!

Kelijpa - Glad you had a good food week. Your so close to goal - rock on!

Happy Thursday all!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #70  

Okay, an update...H had second surgery yesterday. It was horrible!!! They had "scheduled" it for 10AM, bumped it to 2PM, then 4PM, then 6PM...well, they didn't take him to the OR until 8:45. Where he waited for over an hour! Needless to say, he didn't get out til nearly midnight!!!
This AM he got to talk to the head nurse to let it be known that there are things not right in his care: he's not being told how many procedures he may need, how long he might be in the hospital...basically NADA!
See what happened is like about 3 weeks ago he stepped on some broken glass...thought he got it all out, he didn't & a nasty infection decided to take up residence in it! He did contract MRSA when he went in to get his pacemaker put in & it was either that or something that it allowed. He went from a sore/wound about the size of the top of an eraserhead. Within about 24 hrs. it was about 3 inches in length, 1-1/2 inch in width & 1/2 inch in height! AND UGLY!!! They opened it up, cleaned it out, put him on heavy-duty antibotics & also had a wound pump on it. Yesterday they checked it, removed the pump, cleaned it again & put the pump back on. Still have NO IDEA when he's coming home. Might be Mon./Tues. but I ain't holding my breath.
Agatha's going nutz not having Daddy home. She ADORES him. So I've been taking tank tops for him (he has a PIKK line) for 24-48 hrs. then I bring it home for her to sleep on. She LOVES all over it & falls fast asleep. Only way I can calm her...she swears I made him disappear.
I am walking some. Eating is still off, stress eating. I figure once things settle down, I should be able to get back on track.
Well, I"m heading to bed. Yesterday was loooong, had to work today...I'm spent! THANK YOU! for all the positive thoughts/vibes & prayers!
BE HEALTHY! BE THE AMAZING 40-SOMETHINGS I KNOW YOU ALL ARE!! CYBER-HUGS!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #71  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

MrsTrying - OMG I cannot believe all this is happening to you and your hubby. I am so very sorry he has developed this awful infection, is not getting proper care and you do not know when he will be home. I sure hope the antibiotics help out soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Please take care of yourself my dear!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #72  

Quick update! H is coming home sometime today!!!! WOO HOO!!!
I'm kinda off track. I've been trying to prepare for his homecoming. I've put clean sheets on the bed. Stored up plent of healthy, fairly easy to prepare meals & rearranged the bedroom, since he's going to be using a walker for at least a few weeks.
I'm excited. It'll be nice to have him home, not having to go to the hospital to be with him & also Aggie will realize I did NOT having anything to do with his disappearance! ;-)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #73  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MrsTA~Wow! what an ordeal, glad to hear he's coming home.

NEMom~thanks for making me smile

took little dog for a long hike today, he's pretty much back to normal, it's just weird when he lays on his back and those stitches are there, he seems so normal I already forget he's got stitches...CRS strikes again...lol

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #74  

It's sooo nice to have H home. I have to play nurse some of the time, but it's okay...for better or worse, right? I can't tell you how happy Agatha is to have him home, too! She won't let him our of her sight...don't blame her either!
Now, it's time for me to start working on me again. My eating has been off...I hit to many fast-food joints running to & from the hospital. It was just too easy, but that's not really an excuse. Walking was basically going from the pakring lot, to H's room & back, and whatever else I could fit in. Sometimes I took myself to the park, mostly while waiting for H to be taken into surgery. I've missed it A LOT!!!

kelijpa: TEE HEE! I suffer from CRS from time to time...seems to be getting mroe frequent. I wonder why?? Glad your little dog is getting better & can join you in the great out of doors!

NEMom: Thanks for all the positive thoughts, vibes & prayers. I think it's paid off! He'll be off his foot for several weeks, but he's on his way!!! Hope all is going well with you & yours, too. I think about you & others here on the board in the quiet moments. I kept trying to send good vibes to all.

LindaWW: UGH! Drama in any shape or form is not for me. Sorry to hear about it all, I could just imagine you wanting to tear your hair out & then some!!! Maybe I need to invent a drama blaster! Hmmmm... my MILLION DOLLAR money maker!!! Just how to make it....

sparks17: Hope we can help encourage you to reach your goals, whatever they may be!!! Good luck!!!

ukemama: Glad you are seeing sucess! That is awesome! Hope your weigh-in went well!

Well, H is fed. Agatha is fed. I think it's time to curl up with a good book & then call it a night.
BE HEALTHY! BE GOOD!! BE THE AWESOME 40-SOMETHINGS I KNOW YOU ARE!!!

Last edited by MrsTryingAgain; 05-01-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #75  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

OK kelijpa and MrsT !!!
You guys made me laugh!!
I actually had to look up CRS
(prolly have to look it up again next time I read it!)

Well....this is likely to be the last post for April...
...bye bye, April......don't let the door hit ya......
(me & May are gonna be besties)
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote