Old 09-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #31  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I lost 7 pounds last week! Lot's of it was pre-TOM weight gain, but some...maybe 2-3 pounds, was real weight loss.

<<<------ I am back working on looking like my avatar again. Only 20 more pounds.

I feel like adding biking at higher speed and longer distance, has jump started my weight loss. It is melting off fat from my belly, which is strange because that has always been my biggest trouble spot and now it is going down like crazy. -- I am not complaining -- So ladies if you have a bike, go out and blast some calories!

I started out riding 6 miles and now I can do 25-27 miles. My goal is to be able to ride 40 miles a few times per week.

Sending to all!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Ran my FIRST 5K this morning!!!

It was cold, windy and RAINY! I was soaked to the bone by the time I crossed the finish line - but I didn't walk ANY of it!!!

Still waiting for the official race time results to be posted, but based on the length of my 5K playlist and the song I was on when I crossed the finish line, I'm estimating my time at about 34.7 mins - - - 11.2 minute miles!!

This was such a major milestone for me! I can't believe I'M A RUNNER!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Default Super!!

Sheila

That is GREAT news!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! !
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #34  

Apparently the timer equipment was impacted by the weather - OMG!

....they said they still timed it, but need to compile the results - we will see....SHEESH!!!

If I ran this race and can't get an official time I'm going to fume!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? GRRRRRRRR.....
Old 09-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #35  

Okay - race results are in! My time was 33:49! I placed 8th in my age group and 78th overall! There were 137 in the race.

So I feel pretty good about that!

Fly to California this evening for business... This travel really gets old. This morning I'm going to clean the house - - but first I'm going to go for a run on the trail. Then after cleaning I'll pack and head to the airport.

Scale was 142 this morning - I think its PMS.....I seem to be stuck again!!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #36  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Sheila congrats on your 5K. That is awesome.

I had sort of a spike day yesterday, I was not watching what I was eating that carefully and scale rewarded me with 0.5 pound loss.

Today is a cleaning day and then I will do my 25 mile bike ride.

I hope everyone will have a beautiful Sunday
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #37  

Went for a light run - two things - first, that pavement, while easier than the trail did a number on my muscles...very sore today.

Second, because my regular running shoes were still wet, I used an old pair - - made a HUGE difference and made the run even more difficult!

The lesson - the right shoes are important! The ones I ran in today were New Balance - still a nice shoe, but my Asics are SOOO much better!!!!

Going to tackle the first floor of the house now.....(sigh)...I'm going to clock myself with a goal of being done by noon!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #38  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Hi All,

I feel like I got through all the BS finally and am ready to pickup again. I have been stuck at the same weight for almost three weeks and I ready to bust it this week. My goal is at least 5 lbs. I know that is a lot but I also know my body so its not unattainable.

I was a slacker and only worked out 4 times last week. This week I am back to 6 and I am going into hibernation until Sunday to get this scale moving again.

Last week I bought my plane ticket home to CA for XMAS. By then I will not have seen my family for six months so they will be surprised to see my progess. My desire is to be the size I was at my brothers wedding 10 years ago. A solid. size 14 Again not unattainable. I have 3 months to make this happen and feel like nothing can stop me. It helps that I put on a fitted button up shirt from the gap today and it fits perfectly. I am glad I didn't get rid of some of my smaller clothes (especailly the ones I really loved) as they are going on nicely and making me feel motivated.

Hope you all have a great week. Can I do anything for anyone to help you get motivated with me (if you are not already)?

JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #39  
"I AM..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila22 View Post
The lesson - the right shoes are important! The ones I ran in today were New Balance - still a nice shoe, but my Asics are SOOO much better!!!!
Ah the first lesson we learn about running - its all about the shoes and being smart about them. Not every running shoe will be for you. You have to try on a few pairs to get the right fit for you body, your feet, your shins... it all matters... kinda like trying on a new man not all of them are a fit.

Good luck with your running. I just recently started again. Slow and steady for me right now in that arena.

JO
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #40  
"I AM..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaBella View Post
I am a little late joining, but am new and would like to jump in. I look forward to getting to know you all and giving/getting support. I really need it!

I'm so jealous that so many of you are so close to your goals. It seems like I have been fighting this battle my whole life. I was always able to lose it quickly which might be why I gained it all back each time and more. Once I hit 40, it has been slow going.
Hi there... you are not late joining. We just chat throughout the month.

Don't be jealous of others feets. We have all been batteling weightloss for a long time. Look at some of the dates others have joined. Some have been here a few months... some a few years. What matters is you took the first few steps to get started. I am so far away from my goal right now. I try to take a minute, one day, one week at a time so I don't get overwhelmed. Although I am feeling much better - eating right and working out I still have moments when I realize I am still fat. I have a ways to go, but I tell you what being here and with this group of wonderful ladies it does not seem so daunting.

Good luck and hope to see you around!

JO
Old 09-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #41  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everybody! Nice to see so many people eating right, exercising, and being conscious of their choices and their goals! It sure does motivate me. I have been in "offline mode" for the past few weeks. I haven't been logging into myfitnesspal (very bad not having actual calorie counts) and started back up today. I haven't been posting here very much, but I am reading. I have been exercising quite a bit - to the point where it's not really sustainable over the long run. However, if I have 1.5/2 hours per day to exercise, I do it. However, I realize that during busy times I will have to limit things to 30 minutes. Certainly if I go back to work or even during the holiday season, working out for that amount of time 4-6 days per week is not doable. Today I rode about 15 miles in 1.5 hours. I took it slow but steady. I thought about stopping at the gym for 30 minutes of strength training, but decided against it - it's too much for one day. I haven't weighed myself for about 1 week - but last time the scale said 153 - ugh! I do feel firmer and tighter, if that makes sense, even though the scale doesn't show an improvement. I might be losing inches instead of pounds, which really didn't impress me at my higher weights - I wanted pounds lost or nothing! However, at my lower weight, inches do make a difference in how my clothing fits and how I look. I've been getting comments about "looking skinny," which is funny because I have been the same weight for the past few months and am feeling pretty hefty.

Good luck today, everyone!

Last edited by guacamole; 09-10-2012 at 11:55 AM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi Everbody!!! I get so much inspiration coming here and seeing what everyone else is doing...way to go!!!!

It seems like everyone is biking.....maybe I should get my bike out of the garage, get the dust off of it and put some air in the tires.

Sum: Kudos on that huge weight loss spurt!! Amazing!! I want to bike whiel the weather here is still "good"....I give it a month. New York gets cold by October. Anyhow how do you know how far you have biked.....? Do you have some kind of mile tracker thing on your bike?

Animabella: Yes, inches ARE important. I used to lift "heavy" in my thirties and had an amazing body.....but i did notice the scale didn't go down all that much..it was all about inches and to me inches is BETTER. Nothing is greater than a firm body....being skinny and flabby is called "skinny fat" and although it is better than being obese there isn't anything that healthy or attractive about it.

Guac: What can I say except that you continue to amaze me.....Let me repeat the inches thing...losing inches is better than losing pounds but in our minds we have become slaves to the scale. years ago I went from a size 14 to a size 6 and only lost 7 lbs...I kid you not....it was all about gaining muscle...people would tell me that i was half the person I was prior and I didn't believe them because I kept looking at the scale. It wasn't until my workout pants fell down to my knees at the gym and I went shopping and had to keep trying on the same pair of pants in smaller and smaller sizes that it hit me ....I remember the sales lady saying "Honey, youre a four" and me saying "Oh no, that's a mistake, there is no way I take a four..there's something wrong with the pants".....What a stupid girl I was! If only I could look that way again but this old gray mare aint what she used to be!!

Sheila: As a fitness instructor I can assure you that the right pair of athletic shoes is VERY IMPORTANT. Also we wear down our shoes before they look worn out....as a rule you get around 100 hours out of them. As soon as you start feeling shin splints or knee pain it may be time to get a new pair...also look for good inserts, I like Spanco? that will help you get more life out of your sneakers. CONGRATS ON THE 5K!!!!

Cbigsis: I hear ya girl on the whole teen thing. We had a couple of "good" days so I pray it lasts. All I ever wanted was a happy family and I put career and my own goals aside for that..and here I am with anything but. and ugly divorce and kids that act like they hate me. It's a miracle I don't weigh more than I do because I spent the summer eating the pain away...it never does work though, does it? I'm sending you a hug....

Welll I hope I didn't leave anyone out, I just wanted y'all to knwo that i'm thinking about you.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #43  

Okay well I'm down for a 30 day challenge.....30 days to enlightenment, both spiritual and physically.....

Now that my younger son started middle school I have more time in the mor ning, have been using it for housework but now I intend on working out instead...either riding bike, or doing one of my DVDS....four days a week, no excuses in addition to the classes that I teach......

I may start a 30 day challenge thread, but we already have enough on going threads here, so I 'll just talk about this personal challenge on here if that's okay with everybody...unless y'all want a challenge thread.

Lets do this.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

AnimaBella - thanks for your thoughts. Slow and steady is the way to go, I have to remind myself of that sometimes. You'll get to onederland before you know it!

Zumbachica - I've been thinking about you and your determination to get healthy in spite of all your divorce stuff. You do inspire me to keep going through the stress of life. Your story about going down so many sizes despite only losing 7 lbs is amazing! It does put things into perspective for me about valuing fitness and inches more than being a slave to the scale (which I confess, I still view as the ultimate measure of weight loss success). Hopefully, my perception will start to be more broad minded.

I rode about 18 miles today, but I was really dragging at the end. I think I overdid it! I came home, showered, ate like a horse, and then promptly took a nap! I really need to get up an accomplish some things around the house now.

Good luck today, ladies!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #45  

Guac, there is something in the air because I have been hankerin' for a nap all day!! Taught my class this morning, hope to get some yoga in tonight....
It is so hard trying to do this during divorce...and obviously I'm not doing such a great job...but it is something to focus on.....I may get to the end of this thing having lost my mind but I won't give HIM the satisfaction of seeing me unhealthy too.......