Old 03-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

ksails -- Fantastic! That's a great milestone to hit. You have a lot to be proud of.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #107  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Went to my son's track meet yesterday. He did not do well but it was so nice to be out of the office and outside in the wonderful weather and as nice as that was, what was even better was seeing how much my son appreciated me showing up. Chris and a teammate were very nervous before throwing and I was giving the mom pep talk. He turned to his friend and said "This is why it's so nice to have a mom here" AND he did not totally ignore me, my almost 16 year old boy, who most days I have to pull teeth to get three words out of actually sat down and talked to me. I mean, we had a real conservation. One of the best afternoons I have had in a long time.

Legs are sore from doing my DVD yesterday but still go my work out in this morning. My mom was commenting on the muscles that I have built in my calves, she was trying to tell me that I was going to look too muscular. Yeah right. I just laughed it off and said at 42, if I could look muscular, that would be too cool!!

I weigh daily and my number actually started with a 154 this morning. The lowest I have EVER seen. I know it will take more than one reading of that to relay on it but it sure made me feel good to see that.

Happy Humb day all!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #108  
1 Goal 240 2nd Goal 195

S/C/G: 334.6/262.6/240

I love thoes low numbers! once the scale says that i take it, and just know that ya know it will take a few days to really get there lol My son threw last year in track.. he didnt do real well, but it was fun sitting outside when it isnt sweltering hot like during football season. lol
ksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #109  

Hey everyone
New to the site but not to loosing weight.
I'm Sue, 43 and thought I would pop in to say hi.
Hit a road block @ 50lbs lost and I've recently lost my husband to pancreatic cancer so I feel real low.
Needing a boost of energy and enthusiasm because I am certainly worth it LOL
MumaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Sue. I don't post in this forum all that often but I wanted to say and offer support. This is a great site for weight loss (obviously), but I have truly "met" some wonderful and caring people over the years.

I am tremendously sorry for your recent loss. I have been helping a friend deal with her husband's sudden death at age 36 and I have seen how overwhelming the loss can be.

You are most certainly worth it! Are you following a specific weight loss plan? Congrats on your loss so far!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #111  
1 Goal 240 2nd Goal 195

hey Sue im new also.. Im so sorry for your loss..
If you need inspiration this is a good place to be!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been here in a little while. Things haven't been that great lately. I've been struggling. I haven't been on my treadmill last week because of a bad cold and now this week I've had a migraine. It's aways something lately. To make matters worse, I went to the doctor yesterday and they told me my triglycerides was quote "really, really bad. It was so high...like 530ish. And here I thought I was eating decent, but guess I was wrong. So anyway, apparently I've got to eat even better than I had been and I need to get back to exercising because obviously my life depends on it. They said I was high risk for heart disease. Today is actually the first day I feel fairly "normal". I still have a cough from the cold, but my migraine is finally gone. As far as my weight loss goes, when I went to the doctor I had lost 1 pound, but that's over a period of like for March. I think I'm going to start easing back into exercising again by taking my dog for a walk this evening. I still feel a bit "worn out" from being sick with a cold and migraine the past two weeks. I hope everyone here is doing great and that your exercise journey is where you want it to be. As for me, I fell off the wagon, but going to try to climb back on. Trying to be healthly sure is tough.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Hey everyone. Checking in. I've been hitting it hard this week. 5k run on Monday, Upper body on Tuesday, Lower body last night, upper body tonight, and run again tomorrow night. Lower body to finish up the week on Saturday. I've been doing a bunch of research and decided to shake my exercise up a bit and switch one of my runs for a lift during the week. We'll see how that goes. I'm sore today, not bad, but still some. Eating has been good and now I don't have to keep strict track of it since I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm eating and I'm making good choices.

NEMom The convo with your son sounds great. You are also doing a fantastic job. Keep at it.

Kandy Hate that you are struggling. It's hard to believe that your TGL's are that high considering what you are eating.

ksails Welcome. You are doing remarkable. Keep us posted.

Sue I'm so sorry for your loss, this can't be an easy time for you. Hang in there.

Last edited by andrew80k; 03-29-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: 'cause I don't know the days of the week. :/
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #114  
Calorie Counter

I was surprised that the number on my scale still started with a 154 especially since I ate some homemade pizza for dinner last night.
For my morning exercise I did my weights and then DVD again. Honestly, I was only able to do about 10minutes of the DVD work out. My legs are sore from Tuesday and it just was not a great work out like earlier this week. Kind of disappointed in myself for not pushing harder. I probably will not even get a walk in at lunch today because it is suppose to storm.

Andrew-Great job with the exercise!

Kandy- I have been worried about you. I am glad that you checked in but so sorry to hear about your cold, migraines and other health issues. Keep doing the best you can. That is all any of us can do. Sending you hugs and hope you feel better soon!

Sue- Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your 50lb loss. I am sorry for you loss and wanted you to know that you will find an amazing amount of support here. You are worth it and YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hugs Kandy. That is very high. Did the doctor put you on medication? Hang in there and I hope you feel better.

When I first started my weight loss journey my cholesterol (and my dh's) were both over 200 (but not by a lot). Now that we have both lost weight and changed our exercise and food drastically, our cholesterol is usually around 150. I know genetics play a large role for some people, but in our case, the lifestyle changes made a huge difference.

Last edited by traveling michele; 03-29-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo-- need more coffee!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #116  

Thanks everyone! Yes, unfortunately the doctor has put me on medication. Another to add to my list. I already take medicine for my blood pressure. With everything that's happened lately I fell off the wagon, but I gotta get back on. So then yesterday, my treadmill belt came off center while I was on it, so now gotta wait for hubby to fix it. He takes forever. But meantime, I did take the dog for a walk in the park. I guess the eating healthy is the hardest part for me, I thought I was doing okay, not great, but okay and boy was I wrong, so I feel defeated with the eating. I'm not giving up though.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #117  
1 Goal 240 2nd Goal 195

Thanks for the welcome! Andrew80k i will keep you posted! lol
Kandy- i hope you are feeling better to!
defenstrator thanks! i am proud.. i cant wait to see what i will look like when i weigh 199!! i do have a face under my pudgy cheeks LOL
Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #118  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyrews View Post
I haven't been here in a little while. Things haven't been that great lately. I've been struggling. I haven't been on my treadmill last week because of a bad cold and now this week I've had a migraine. It's aways something lately.
Hope you're feeling better now. A cold is bad enough but add a migraine in the mix and wow, that'll knock you out.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #119  

Thanks ksails and cldwv It's taken a while, but I'm feeling better. I should be 100% by Monday and hubby finally fixed it, so plan to get back on that treadmill Monday.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #120  
Calorie Counter

TGIF!! Wonderful weather today here and I am leaving work a little early to go Goodwill shopping with my mom. It's 99 cent days this weekend and my favorite time to shop.
I went through and switched around my winter and summer cloths so I know what I need to look for and it was such a good feeling. I was about halfway through my weight loss last summer so just about all the tops, shorts and crop pans were too big and I get to give them back to the goodwill!
Hoping you a have a wonderful weekend!!!