Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #76  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Barb, considering how I spoil my huskies are and the things DH has had to build for them, he’d probably run screaming if I asked him to make a heated feeder area for the hummers. Last year, I did ask my dog behaviorist to fill my zillion feeders while I was on vacation. I pre-made 6 gallons of food. It lasted the whole week. I adore my behaviorist.

Petra, I really think the make-up thing has to do with caring about appearance as we lose weight. I definitely will go without makeup but mostly I wear it now. Scary.

Peanuts, hope you feel better soon.

Kathi, enjoy your weather and your trip. I’m missing living in the SE as the snow is falling and looking disgusting outside.

OMW, YEAH on the loss. Great job. Our students are off today but staff works. So here I am.

OK Becky, I’m envious of your weather too. I’m thinking only Barb’s WY weather is similar to our yuckiness. Enjoy your 70’s and sun.

Annie, when a snack, whether or not it is healthy, is calling your name with insistence, it’s best to get rid of them. I’m missing my almonds, but since I threw them in the trash I’ve been in control and like Becky said, “wake up feeling thin”. I don’t feel like a porkie because I stopped eating them. I was still in my calories but my mind had me feeling fat. So my advice is not to order your Slim Fast bars anymore.

Kim, congrats on going over the 25 pound mark. You have been doing great! Excellent NSV. When I read your once a day make-up applier, I was like, whoa – do others do it more than once? I can’t wrap my mind around that and how time wasting that would be. I want 88 degrees.

Liz, I’m glad DD is fine. That’s always scary when kids go off the slide.

As you all read through my weather whines, you can guess that I’m indoors today. And at work where I’m not allowed to bring my laptop outside and work. Yes, I did ask a couple years ago. I’m thrilled it is Friday and I get to go home in 28 minutes. The door won’t hit my butt as I fly out. I was busy all day and that was good. I’m very happy it is soon weekend.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #77  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Annie, Lesson learned from the breadsticks! It’s great to start to recognize discomfort when eating things we wouldn’t have thought twice about. Sorry to hear about your fiance’s neighbor.

Cruise, Hope things work out for your trip to Hawaii. DH and I considered that for our trip this summer but finally decided on St. John. Hope your lifestyle change can be an inspiration to your sister. I also have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. I’m hoping the changes I make change my future! Enjoy your visit with your friend!

Wizzie, 25 is a big milestone! Celebrate your success! You deserve it!

Marie, You are so right about the dark chocolate. I treated myself this week to a couple pieces and do not feel the same draw that I get with milk chocolate. Thanks! Eggs are also my go to meal when I’m tight on calories, I like to add chopped broccoli or spinach to mine

Petra, I’m sorry your work has been so chaotic. Hope you see those 210’s this week!

Newleaf, I seem to remember a previous post of yours about re-losing the same weight again and again. Time to get back on track! I know you have a lot on your mind with health issues. You need to go into your upcoming surgery in your best shape.

ICU, Glad things are clicking for you again. It’s a great feeling to be back in control. Nationals are right around the corner! I love how the change in weather brings everyone outside!

Angelskeep, Snow on March 31 is just wrong! Your chicken dish sounds great!

Peanutsmom, Sorry you are so sick. Keep up the good work sticking to your plan!

WLW, How are you liking your new work schedule? I think allergy season is officially here, especially with everything in bloom! It’s always nice to have a trip to look forward to!

RedhookMom, Glad DD was OK. It’s a horrible feeling to see that they are going to get hurt and there is nothing you can do. Enjoy your beautiful weather!

Hope I didn’t miss anyone! Another good day on plan here! Went to Panera for lunch. They post calories on their menu, the manager told me soon all restaurants will be required to do that. I think it’s a great idea. No surprises or guessing how many calories when ordering in a restaurant. DD and I are going to get pedicures in the morning. It’s been flip flop weather here! No big Easter plans for us, just church and a nice dinner at home. Thanks again to all of you for being part of this group! You are all inspiring

Last edited by Onmyway; 04-02-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Weekend??? what's that??? Okay, I'll stop whining now. That's why they pay me the big bucks, right?

Becky-yes, my friend comes back on April 12th and I am practically counting the hours at this point.

I'm having a not so good eating day-too much chocolate. Partly hormones, partly stress. I've just admitted 5 people to the hospital in a row. It's not going to be a pretty weekend.

Sorry so short, I'm too tired again.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #79  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Just another drive-by : ) this will be my first full weekend off and beautiful weather is predicted. after a trip to the hairdresser in the morning a friend and I will either be out walking downtown, or we may try walking the bridge which is something I've never tried and always wanted to do. unfortunately I broke my camera last weekend so can't take pics : ( Everyone is doing so awesome! I did manage a 15 minute walk around the parking lot in the sunshine on my lunch break today. a coworker is looking for a workout buddy before work, I told her I would try next week. though I've been horrible about exercise and food I'm maintaining. need to make some big changes to get some weighloss going! latest issue has been night terrors - have periodically had screaming nightmares over the past 9 years. this past week I have woken up terrified, once running around my house, the second time I actually ran outside! this is a new thing and pretty scary. sleeping with a light and the radio on, plus heavy duty prayers at bedtime. any suggestions/input would be welcome : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Kathi-night terrors in adults are unusual. You may want to have a sleep study done. They are relatively common in children and they usually grow out of them.

Well my shepherd has another ear infection. This dog gets more ear infections than any dog I've ever seen and I thought dogs with upright ears were not supposed to get ear infections very often. Of course, she always picks the middle of the night to let her distress be made known. 3:00 am she starts shaking her head nonstop and groaning so I had to get up and clean her ears and put drops in. She seems a little better this morning but I called the vet to see if they want to see her.

I also think I might be a little hypomanic from sleep deprivation. I was thinking about what I might want to speak about in Destin next year if they ask me-frontotemporal dementias and how it would be neat to have video of patient interviews and pictures of CT scans and MRIs included in my slide show. Would make it really interesting. I had one slide about this topic in my talk this year. I'm kind of fascinated by these patients. Unfortunately, we don't have much to offer them but they are really interesting and I get to see more of them than a lot of other doctors because their families notice they "ain't acting right".

Deb-hope you are doing okay. Haven't seen you around for a few days. check in and let us know how you are. I don't know if you read my stuff about the weight loss surgery but if you are still interested, that gastric sleeve might be an option for you if you. It doesn't cause malabsorption.

OMW-nice avatar but the picture is clearly not from Missouri.

Well putting off my awful day won't make it any easier. Better get to it.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #81  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Petra- I hope your day gets better. Working on a Saturday really bites. Peyton gets a lot of ear infections too, but his ears are floppy. He does the same groaning and head shaking you talked about. Some dogs are just prone to them like some people are, I guess.

WLW - Sending you lots of happy healing vibes today.

Marie - LOL! See this is how I know you aren't from the South. ( Insert drastic Southern accent here) Yes, m'am I true Southern Belle never goes out in public without her face on, dressed to the nines, with all her monogrammed purses and jewelry. (Even if you are just going to the grocery store) Now mind you I grew up in that world, but I don't fit well in it. My sister, however, is the epitome of that stereotype. Jr. League... Bunco... Matching Pewter serving pieces... the list goes on and on. And of course, everything she owns is monogrammed.

Angels - I think someone told me that. LOL! I can't keep it straight with so many posts.

I worked out hard this morning. It felt good, even though my arms are spaghetti again.

I have to transplant some seedlings this morning. I'm so excited about my veggie garden. It will be small but it will be mine and I won't have to pay a dollar for a dang green bell pepper. And I'll know what chemicals are not there. I'm still learning about all this organic stuff. It's amazing what's allowed in our food supply.

And I started at 3FC Blog. It's nice to have a place to ramble. I have a real blog I'm trying to monetize so every word is chosen carefully...every post is planned. I can just really put my thoughts on this little thing. I have starting pics and the 25 mark on there.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #82  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Default i'm here

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
Deb-hope you are doing okay. Haven't seen you around for a few days. check in and let us know how you are. I don't know if you read my stuff about the weight loss surgery but if you are still interested, that gastric sleeve might be an option for you if you. It doesn't cause malabsorption.
thanks for thinking of me...am going to do personals/update today...think i see how active it is, i read some and i go...i'll catch up later - then a couple days pass by...i have it on my list of things to catch up on today
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #83  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Lambchop, I feel the same way sometimes when I visit the board. I read all of the posts and wonder how I can do all of the personals so I don't and then when I come back there are more. We all have agreed that if you can't do personals that's OK. We just are glad when people check in and update us on how they are doing! Are things getting better for you?

Wizzie, What else are you planning to grow? We usually do tomatoes, zucchini and green peppers and a variety of herbs. Just thinking about it makes me want Caprese salad!

Petra, LOL! Yes, quite obviously not Missouri! It's St. John in the USVI, DH and I are heading there in June to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It's my motivation to stick to my plan!

WLW, Great news about finding an exercise buddy. I can't wait til summer when I am able to walk with my neighbor on a regular basis again. I really miss her! Night terrors sound awful, like Petra said, you should speak to a Dr.

Got my toes done this morning so I am a happy girl! Just the 4 of us for Easter. We have all been on such crazy schedules that we have not had many meals together recently. I'm planning a nice brunch and dinner for tomorrow. Good china and all! Have a great weekend!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

WLW-I hope you figure out the night terrors. Pretty scary. Keeping my fingers crossed. The sleep study sounds like a good idea.

Petra-Hope your doggie feels better soon. I wonder why she get so many infections. Hmmm...doesn't sound liek it's *normal* for any dog.

Annie-Just need to thank you again for the dvd advice.

It's snowing, just a little, here this morning and cold, so I didn't want to ride the bicycle. Ot go for a hike. I was thnking I should at least try the warmup from the video, so I did. And then I did the whole mile. I'm amazed and thrilled...never thought I could just do it already. We'll see how it treats my back. Crossing fingers. Buster helped by jumping all over me and danced with me for a while. Claudia got in the way behind Robert and got stepped on. Dogercise!!!

Off to find some yogurt and ham. Lettuce soup from Gillain McKeith cookbook for dinner tonight and my ham/pita spinach sammich. LOL! I should be looking for cases of spinach to buy.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #85  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Wholeheartedly agree with OMW and the personals. I just want to know what's going on with everyone.

OMW - I'm growing tomatoes, bell peppers, Zucchini, spinach and some pink eye purple hull peas.

Deb - Very good to see you.

Angels - I can't believe you have snow. I've never been to WY. I bet it's really beautiful.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Wizzie-It's beautiful here in the northern/western part. South and eastern are kinda like the plains and not nearly as pretty. Here we have lots of mountains all around us and lots of critters.

Is it nap time yet?

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #87  
Deb

What's going on with me? Just trying to get everything to click back into "no effort" zone again...I'm doing pretty well after a rough start this week, but just looking for my zone again. Running, keeping at it...have another half marathon coming up, so right now, this is my main focus.. - after this next half, need to cut my calories as well since my endurance runs will be fewer in between...nothing major, but it can easily become an "excuse" for well...i have to run 8 miles, so....etc...otherwise, my moods/hormones seem okay = great weather and getting a lot of work done helps too
--
Going back to read again and comment as I go: (I know I don't have to always do personals, but I do like to do it at least once a week)

Barb- been watching the Jamie Oliver show, caught up on Hulu.com...great show...hope you got yoru hike/bike in- and the weather is cooperating...yes, 10,000 steps a day is the daily recommended amount...LOL about molting fat cells...suddenly my ankles have curve and shape, was just thinking that the other day, and yet my stomach, well...still all there! Of course i probably have less fat around my ankles..haaa

Tuning In- so glad you're enjoying your spring break and feeling focused. Great job on your new weigh in! Enjoy your trip to North Cali.

LolaJean- glad to hear your husband's eyes surgery went well. That's a relief. How is his vision clearing up?

OnMyWay -can't wait for a great pedicure...waiting until after my next half (next week) and going to book another massage and a pedi...keeping my callus until after the big run--- yeah, procrastination on catching up! Glad last summer's capris still fit!

Annie- I'm sorry to hear the bad news of your fiance's neighbor...always sad - I'm very aware of how my body responds to things now too...really neat to be so aware

Cindy - Hope you enjoy your San Diego trip to see friends...I laughed at the orgasm fix, better and quicker than running! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister being diagnosed - I hope she will make the changes she needs to

Becky- yeah for vacation!!! You can do it, stay strong through Easter...glad you're on plan and feeling better...cravings suck, so yeah, glad you're beating them

Wizzie- way to go on losing the pound...and down 25!!! I ate clean for a couple months awhile back...and at first felt overwhelmed like, what can i eat that i like? Turned out a lot more than i realized...but it's great to rid yourself of processed stuff...i eat a lot less processed stuff, but i'm back on some still

Marie- glad you're having a mild winter...we picked up the slack on the east coast....the marathon let down, i'm sure is a small piece, but have another behind it to keep me moving...but I think first sugar triggered binging, then i was mad at myself, all the rain, hormones kicked in and it was just like a big wall of blah...and instead of fighting it, i just gave into it..my bad. I have many bouts in and out of depression, so sometimes i do better than not. I've been on meds in the past, but i find exercise like said is a big help. Depression runs in my family as well, medicated, and i decided i didn't want to be anymore...haaa..and just stopped a few years ago...oh yes, i'm one of THOSE people - just stop..my docs hate that! chocolate is a major trigger for me also...glad you're feeling better, and the cocoa almonds are out of there

Petra- come on 219!!! you're going to do it soon! ooh, make-up fun...yes, caring about appearance...funny, i was always about hair/make-up..so for me the newer thing is a few nicer tops, etc....sounds like good job security with the busy aspect, but man, oh man the stress! I did read the stuff about the surgery you're interested in for a possible future option. "Your palm trees" - jealous!! I only get to visit them down south! They are my favorites..all different varieties

Heidi- i've been in sabotage mode as well and think i'm finally back on course...i hope you are also..i'm going ot keep reading and see what you've been up to

Peanut- sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well - hope the meds help you- and yeah on journalling

Kathi- yeah - you stopped in! sorry to hear about the night terrors, hope you find some answers...Neat to hear about your sister and the sleeve -woohoo your trip to Houston will be here soon

Lizzie- awesome on the running, and glad your daughter was okay after said slide incident!

Last edited by lambchop; 04-03-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #88  
kathi

Hi all, I'm sooo far behind I don't know if I'll ever catch up w/ everyone! I wanted to share a link to this article on mindful eating http://zenhabits.net/2010/03/mindful-eating/. Apparently it made in impact on me because I've caught myself in the middle of scarfing down a quick meal or snack exactly as he says. Food for thought, so to speak : ) Didn't sleep much last night due to drinking coke before bedtime - no clue where my head was on that one! So I started my day on 3 hours sleep and trying to get to an early morning hair appointment.(again, what WAS I thinking?!) My neighbor got me to the stop I needed for my 2nd bus so I could get downtown on time. Gray gone, hair short again, and my girlfriend stands me up for lunch...which I desprately needed as breakfast was half a peanut-butter sandwhich about 5 hours earlier. I ended up at Bubba Slye's. There are so many great restaurants downtown I can never decide. But this was a sandwhich shop with few customers and I happened to be in front of the door when my sugar was hitting rock bottom. They actually had several items on the board stating they had less than 10 grams of fat so I ordered the "skinny chick" which was a grilled chicken sandwich with spicy honey mustard. I'm thinking like brown mustard spicy....it was a very good sandwich but the spicy honey mustard was very spicy! Then I hit the farmer's market, today is the first day our markets are all open. Can we say I'm in heaven?! I wanted to check out one of the organic chicken vendors I know sells at the market. Keep in mind I haven't had a weekend off in over 2 years so haven't been to the market recently. We have local organic chicken, local grass-fed beef AND pork vendors. 2 local goat cheese vendors and one who sells raw goats milk! Not to mention a number of local organic farms selling produce. Of course since I expected to go with my girlfriend I had no way to get any of these goodies home and had not brought my rolling backpack to carry anything with me to the bus : ( However, once I figure out the logistics (might be worth a $20 cab ride to get stocked up on the meats every couple of months) it will be such a help in getting my eating back on track! Add to that I finally decided on new living room furniture, and was asked out on a date on the way home...it might have gotten off to a rocky start, but it turned out to be a great day. Out walking and on my feet from 9:15 am until almost 7pm so I got in plenty of exercise as well : )
Old 04-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #89  
kathi

wow, that was more of a blog entry then a quick reply! on the night terrors, I don't think a sleep study will do much good unless I have one of these episodes while I'm being tested. I don't have them nightly (thank God!), and hopefully it will be many months before it happends again! going with a nightlight and the radio playing as well as some heavy-duty prayer at bedtime : )
Old 04-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #90  
Deb

wow, what a great turnaround for the day...no weekend off for 2 year...eeeeh...when i worked at Comcast, I did Saturdays for 5 years - so i semi-understand. Yeah on the market, yeah on the date!!!, and yeah on the furniture...seems like things are looking up Kathi