Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

ICU-only 1 lb to go, wow! I've heard that B vitamins help with those monthly carb cravings.

PeanutsMom-Hope you feel better!

OMW-how was that dinner w/ your DS? Sound yummy and healthy too. Lawn boy? ROFLMAO!

Petra-I'm glad we're buddies and not racing ;-) I'm worried about this week because the crappy weather isn't making it easier to exercise. The wind is gone for the moment and we have rain instead. I will walk in the rain today and try to increase my in the house stuff. And there's always the walmart laps. I should get a pedometer and sewe how far it is around.

RHM-My friends are all shapes and sizes. I have been all shapes and sizes since I met them. LOL! Nobody dieting and exercising at the moment, but I do have one friend who did WW a couple of years ago and is maintaining really well now. She is not skinny skinny, just average.

Heidi-I don't know where the moose munch lives here...and I am thankful for THAT!

Wizzie-the latest on the dogs: Buster is a liar, liar, paws on fire! Robert fed him early this morning and then came back to bed. A while later Buster started yelling at me to get up and feed him, so I did. No wonder he is a pudge! And the other dog, Claudia, is an enabler. She never said a word about Buster getting fed twice.

Annie-I agree that it's nice to see how/what others are doing. It helps keep me grounded and motivated and I am so grateful for a group of people who understand where I'mn at even if we don't take the same exact route back!

FindingMe-You can do it! Exercise when you get home, before you hit the sofa. I have faith in you!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #32  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Chicks - thanks for the kind words! You've helped me get my head back in the right place. It's truly a lifelong journey and I still have a lot to learn. My LoseIt app says I can take off a pound a week with 1501 calories. I lost most of my weight last year on about 1700 - I just feel a need to get the spike off my graph as quickly as I realistically can! The Maintainers talk about weight that settles in - the general idea is that you have 2-3 weeks to roust "visiting fat" before it settles in and tries to make a permanent home. Good motivation to quickly get back on track!

Heidi - I am in awe of your Moose Munch resistance. I'm sitting here drooling just thinking about the stuff!

Kim - congrats on your MADD walk! The first day was easy because I was so mad about going back over 150, despite the cravings and headache. Today I'm back under, there's no headache, and I've told spouse and DS10 that the slips are going to stop. Best of luck with the salt - it is very tough to avoid!

barb - our now-deceased Gordon Setter used to love picking his own apples and pears and raspberries. He was so funny to watch with raspberries - he had the big soft bird-dog mouth, and he'd zero in on a raspberry and pluck it so gently you'd never see a leaf move!

PeanutsMom - sympathies! Hope you can find a little sun to shine on your head today!

OMW - sounds like an awesome dinner! Bravo to men that cook! I'm inspired to do some stir fry now!

Petra - hope today is going better for you! Yikes, 1700 calories overnight??? That's some serious restlessness!

RHM - my friends come in a variety of sizes. The common thread is that all of them are active, outgoing people. After I read your question, I realized that they range from size 2's to at least 20 ... but none of them are couch potatoes. Two don't even own TVs!

Annie - great job getting in the workout! Completely on board with your last paragraph - it isn't about the perfection, it's about the persistence.

FindingMe - agree - the nicer weather makes it much easier to be active!

Settling into the routine of calorie-counting again. Fortunately, it's pretty easy because the LoseIt is still loaded with all the things I was eating when I was losing. And in time, the weight graph will turn back around. Lesson #678961 learned!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #33  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Barb - the bottom ticker hasn't been updated in literally months - it reminds me how close I was before I decided to veer from the path. I'm using the profile ticker for now til I catch back up to that point. Yeah ... I was 1 lousy pound away. I'm still doing the detective work on what happened there.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I don't even want to know what Moose Munch is! I'm not even going back to read the thread that started all the congratulations. Sounds like something I need no knowledge of.....

But I can't find the "Lawn Boy" comment that everyone keeps mentioning.....

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 03-30-2010 at 11:52 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #35  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Petra, Too bad you don't live closer, DH loves to share his expertise with others!
I tease and call him my "lawn boy"!
Annie, I added the quote for you...
baby ducks would be so cute. I love seeing the baby lambies on my way to work in the spring. 80’s??? We just had a surprise winter storm. I envy your weather.
Kim, glad you enjoyed the walk and raised so much for MADD. I started investing in daily dental chews for my pack. No dental surgery in years and all have clean teeth. It’s worth it. Unlike Petra’s pup’s dental bill, cleaning for my 2 several years ago was $600 and that was with the Feb discounts.

Barb, my dogs love fruit. Thank heaven they were craisins not raisins!!! BTW, when we brought all four huskies to the vet, several people asked if they were a sled team. The vet tech responded, “No they’re spoiled huskies.” Certainly she was right. LOL on your lying Buster. Too funny!

Becky, just think of persevering through TOM on the new day that you can make it through normal days. Kai Bear loves playing/munching in the strawberry batch. I’m guessing Sasha will be joining her since food is her focal point.

Heidi and Annie, thanks for the compliment. I thought the puppies looked the cutest in the pic.

Penauts, feel better.

OMW, we get a 10% discount with 3 or more. It’s a major reason I have all their annuals and shots at the same time. Poor Sasha got her vaccines 2 months early because I wanted them on the same schedule. Give your DS a hug – making dinner for you??? That’s awesome. Even more incredible is he chose healthy! “Lawn Boy” – you illicit woman, you!

Petra, no you can’t have OMW until her DH fixes my yard. I hope your day today goes better at work.

Liz, I had a bikini wax last year and it was horrible. I can’t imagine the Brazilian. OUCH! So my closest friend is very obese and the rest are pretty slender. I like not being in the obese category anymore.

Cindy, yep, I really like the arms. And you like the avatar for the same reason I do – the doggies. If I could have gotten all four in, I’d have done it. I agree with you on the exercise clearing the mind. I no longer can fathom a day off from exercise. I elliptical only 5 days a week, but on the other two I find something else. I just like the good feeling from it.

So all of you with the 70's and 80 degree temps, go outside and raise your hands to the sky and turn about 3 times for me. We have snow and a high of 36 degrees. The winds are violent and it's horrendous outside. DH starts swing shift tonight. When I left for work, I gave him a kiss and said I'd see him on Saturday. I hate swings. On the bright side, staying on track cal wise will be a breeze again and the pups have their dad home until 2.5 hours before I get home. That's just a short stint in the kennels.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #36  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

hormones suck. struggling - not so much about food, just my head in general.

my doc's appt is today - i'll be back later today to do personals - not chatty right now - but need to be here..so i'll be back.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, everyone. I'm back from vacation, and sick. Again. Haven't eaten appropriately for the past couple weeks, but I plan to get back on track this week.

It's hard to stay focused on the diet when on vacation, and being sick just makes it harder, but enough excuses. I'm back here and ready to be held accountable again.

I glanced through the previous posts for this week, but my energy is fading so I will try to catch up later.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #38  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies -- having a rough patch...mix a little hormones, a little sugar and i'm a combination to be reckoned with. I'm smart enough to know to stay away from stuff, but when I get moody like this, I just don't care...it's not a pretty combination on me -- anyway, just really struggling to find my footing.

The running helps me with mood, and I remember Marie saying how regular exercise has helped her in the past (moods) - and wonder if when i finish this next training stretch, if i might not do well to change up how i'm training since i don't have another BIG one until October...had planned to do about 12 miles a week (3,4,5 one week, maybe 4,8 the next)...but wondering if doing at least a short 1 miler each morning might start my day off in a better way, stabalizing me a bit...tossing anything around right now...guess i'm desperate to find a way to control my moods, as i think the hormones are on a rollercoaster right now...

i've been in perimenopause for a few years, but right now, seems like it is more intense...(hormone wise)...may look into getting my estrogen/progesterone checked to see if i can even things out a little more - don't know.

--

Cindy- ooh, will be great to swim when the pool warms up for you - when i was in arizona (i know you're in CA), but loved the desert gardening, because it was so different from what i'm used to seeing...i'd probably miss the maple trees though, like those - but love all the different cacti

OnMyWay - love daffodils, i'll bet your yard is lovely with all the trees - this is our only flowering, with the other 2 or 3 being maples - glad you enjoyed the stir fry

Barb- hope you enjoyed your walk yesterday (indoors or out) - which did you do?

Petra- LOL on driving 50 miles out of the way WITH a GPS - more restriction is what i need right now too..got lazy while i was allowed to increase my calories with bigger runs, not good

Heidi- can you pace while you're on the phone? i have done that in the past, just keep pacing around the kitchen - also, while i like a movie for a long run, shorter ones, love a podcast or music

Becky- detox for me too, and i'm not only a food addict, but a food con artist - knowing just what to do or say to myself or those around me to get what i want and rationalize it...it's substance abuse in my case - i've been aware of this for years (in my case) - you are soooo close! you've got this....

Marie- great new avatar!!! glad to here you have 4 healthy pups...our Beagle is due for a check up this month...doing them all together, yeah, yikes! costly!!

Annie- DH doesn't like pools...boooo, glad you can relax in fiance's this summer...my DH just sees the work, not the pleasure in a pool - glad you're back on track -Annie, so glad to have you with us! I'm so glad you post regularly

Wizzie- congrats on a job well done on the walk and raising funds - avoid processed food and you'll avoid a lot of sodium...fresh fruits/veggies, etc.

Peanut- oh no! not again...sick...blah, hope you feel better soon

Kathi- thinking of you, what's going on? check in when you can

Red- you're doing great - stick with it! We all start somewhere...and think of how many people have to restart over and over again...consistency is important - Lori Nestore is known as the waxing queen? that who you're talking about? I have my esthetician's license...have done bikini waxing...that was always an experience! LOL - i am heavier than most of my friends and all of my family - sometimes it's hard being bigger than everybody else, but i am who i am right now.

Finding Me- i hate the cold too...hope it warms up for you -so you can be outside more

Kitteh - welcome back and sorry to hear you're sick. let's get accountable! check back soon

Last edited by lambchop; 03-30-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

ICU-Well, welcome back on board. I'm sure you can get those last few off this time. You'll figure it out. Before was just practice. When I was a kid, we had a German Shorthair Pointer who used to harvest the cucmbers from the garden. it took us the longest time to figure out who was stealing them until we saw it one day.

Marie-Sled team is funny! 4 dogs is not enough, but I bet it does look like they are part of one. Buster is a hoot. He's an airedale/boxer mix, resacued from the shelter. I'll have to get some pics one of these days. I'm glad we don't have the snow here! Just wind and some fine cold rain.

Lambchop- Hope you feel better soon.I walked outside in the wind yesterday. About 20 blocks, which is not very much, but a LOT for me. Our blocks here are bigger than most places. Buffalo Bill had them designed wide enough to turn around the team and wagon...seriously. Today I did about 14 blocks in the rain. Tomorrow will be wlaking hillwork if I can manage it. Hoefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight. Exercise helps me a lot when I'm feeling crappy. I go do a walk around the block to help get out of the snit and it's usually somewhat better by the time I get back.

Ugh! I am sleepy this afternoon. No time for a nap. I'm always afraid I'll sleep through and not get dinner cooked. That would be a recipe for disaster! I was noticing today that even though rumor has it that we can't lose weight in just some spots. It sure seems to be coming off that way for me, not intentionally of course. I am molting fat cells...in big clumps. It is definitely not coming off evenly from place to place all over my body at the same time. I guess it will even out eventually but it seems odd right now the way my clothes are fitting!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 287/228/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy last week of March everyone. I agree, it did go fast. I am on my last week of spring break and loving every minute of it. I am very focused and goal oriented right now. My weight this morning was exactly 214!!!! I have never seen that number, passed it right up with a pregnancy. I wanted to sceam I was sooooo happy but didn't dare as it was very early. My husband gave me an early birthday gift, tickets to the Doheny Blues Festival in May. I told him I wanted to go but didn't think he remembered. I have a pair of Levi jeans I bought three years ago with the goal of getting into them and never did. By the blues festival I will be in them! Leaving on a Northern California trip with my hubby on Friday. Planning ahead for the food and exercise.

I am not going to try and respond to eveyones posts because my brain just doesn't retain all the info.

Petra: the new gastric surgery does sound promising. I know the procedure they use now was designed for quick weight loss but I know several people who had that and developed complications down the road.

Lamb: HANG in there. I just went and had my bloodwork done this morning. CBC and hormone panel, cortisol level, etc, etc... A vampire would have left me more blood to live on. LOL I know where you are, pre-menopausal for me too. A doctor I used to work for (ob/gyn) has just returned to our area and I am going to make an appt to see him. He is great and I know he will get me on the right track.

Peanutsmom: feel better, with little ones it is hard not to catch everything that comes down the road.

Cat: hasn't the weather been great!! Too bad cold weather and rain is coming back. My friend has a pool and I spend all summer in it with our wonderful desert temps. I am still going to contact you, I promise, just been very busy and will be back at work on Monday.

Have a great week and a wonderful Easter everyone.
Tuning In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone! My hubby's eye surgery went well last Friday. He's a terrible patient, though, so the recovery is wearing both of us out. He had PRK rather than Lasik, so his vision is very blurry and he's not happy about it. The doc told him when he checked his eyes the day after and again today that it's all part of the healing process, but he's going a little bit stir crazy and I don't blame him. He's not the kind of guy to be idle or to be dependent on anyone - especially for driving. The doc checked his eyes again today and said things are looking great and it's just a matter of a little more time til his vision is where they hope it will be.

Petra - in the conversation about the weight reduction surgery, did they talk about its effect on diabetes? I read something recently that sounded like people who have the surgery who also have diabetes are often times radically better off afterwards. I'm sure that's due to the weight loss, but the article made it sound like there was even more to it than that.

RHM - interesting question about friends. Mine are mostly smaller than me, although a few are not a lot more. I have two sisters that are bigger than me, one about the same size and one that is a toothpick. I have noticed that the thinner ones definitely eat differently than the heavier ones, but none of my friends are particularly obsessed about their weight, which is nice.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #42  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Wizzie, we're getting temps in the 80’s too. Spring is here! Enjoy those walks!

Petra, 1700 calories sleeping! WOW! I’d be exhausted!

Annie, Glad to hear you made the workout a priority! You are doing so well! I call my DH myLawn Boy because he loves to work in the yard!

FindingMeAgain, Add me to the list of those that don’t like cold! I can’t tell you how happy I am that it is warmer here!

Angelskeep, Dinner with DS was great. He’s become quite a good cook, now we have to get him better on cleanup! I’m curious about the Vitamin D for Carb adicition. That’s my downfall!

ICU, You CAN do this! Keep posting here for extra support. I’m also working to get off the few that I gained this winter. One day at a time!

Marie, Sounds like even though you don’t like swings, there are the positives. I tried that weather dance for you, let me know if it works!

Lambchop, Sorry you are having such a difficult time. Keep reminding yourself of how far you have come. I definitely understand the swings in moods and I agree with Marie that regular exercise helps tremendously. Hope your funk passes quickly!

Kitteh, Welcome back from vacation. Hope you feel better soon!

Tuningin, You’ll be rockin those Levis!

Lolajean, Aren’t men the worst patients. Hope he is back to himself soon!

Wearing capris today! Still fit from last summer so that is a good thing! Life is good!

Last edited by Onmyway; 03-31-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey everybody! High winds around here yet again today and temps in the 80's again. I do hope I don't have any windows blown out, I've had enough of that! It's interesting how eating in a healthier way has effected my stomach. Last night I made spaghetti and meatballs (light on the meatballs for me, I wasn't a big fan even before I started eating better) with garlic breadsticks. I had TWO () breadsticks and they just SAT in my stomach all evening like two bricks. I wasn't sick or anything just uncomfortable and bleh. So next time, I will eat only one. I don't have that kind of thing often, but I know it will be on the menu again and will remember how my body behaved and use better judgement. BTW, has anyone ever noticed how things like garlic breadsticks smell much better than they actually taste? They should make "garlic breadstick" air freshener.....

Marie-I do NOT envy your weather. I am so done with winter!

Kitteh-I do hope you are feeling better today and getting back into your routine at home after vacation eating. I kind of dread my first trip away after my lifestyle change.

LambChop-It sounds like getting your hormones checked is a great idea. I think I have had slight signs of perimenopause and really dread the full-blown condition. I agree that mixing up your running program might be helpful to you. I know just the wee bit of exercise I have been doing has greatly improved my overall mood.

TI-Congrats on the weight loss!! I'm jealous of your trip to the Blues festival in May. They have something similar in Eureka Springs, AR that I would like to attend someday.

Hi LolaJean! Glad DH's surgery went well, but not that he is being an ornery patient. Hope his sight is back to normal soon.

OMW-Woot! for capris!! I was thinking of shorts last night and need to get my summer things out and go through them. Hope to be able to buy a few new things in smaller sizes this year.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 03-31-2010 at 10:11 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #44  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

OK… all of these recent beach pictures are making me want to plan a vacation…. Oh that’s right I was supposed to be going to HI at the end of April. I have until 2 hours before my flight on the 23rd to cancel so I’ve been thinking just maybe I can work out.

I have mentioned several times here the long history of heart disease in my family and one of the reasons I want/need to be healthy. This week my sister was diagnosed with a dilation of the ascending aorta. My father had a ruptured aneurysm at age 44 and died at 46 after complications from surgery to repair additional dissections. My sister will be 49 next month and I am sure she is concerned. I hope that this will be the wake up call she needs to make some life changes.

Kim – I too go WAY over on sodium. I do try to combat this by drinking about 100 ozs. of water a day.

Petra – Thanks… it’s good to be back. I too hope today is better for you.

About that Moose Munch…. I’ve never had it but I did see it at a TJMaxx a couple weeks ago and almost bought it because of everything I had read here. Not something I needed to taste and then crave later so I put it back.

Marie – Dogs always make a picture more interesting to me but I really couldn’t keep my eyes off your arms and yellow isn’t even a “slimming” color.

Deb – I’ve heard/read that a hard 20 minute run is enough to kick the endorphins in. I think you have a GREAT idea of a quick run in the morning. Here is another trick I’ve heard about… have an orgasm it’s quicker and the release is immediate.

As for the pool, ours isn’t really large enough to swim, it’s more for the dogs and place for us to hang out, play dominoes, and drink beer.

TuningIn – I am not happy about the change in the weather. I’m supposed to go down to San Diego tomorrow and they are calling for a chance of snow in the pass. Guess I’ll have to get a later start 

Enjoy your trip up north.

Lola – Glad the surgery went well for DH. I think most men are horrible patients. My DH gets a stuffy nose and he is such a baby. I guess it’s a good thing he doesn’t get sick often.

OMW - Enjoy the warm weather.

Annie - not sure about that.... I LOVE garlic bread.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 03-31-2010 at 10:20 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #45  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Really crunched for time today ... but wanted to check in. Two days on plan down, and I just feel so much better. Cravings gone, mood improving, and water fluff is coming off so I can get back to losing the firmly-established and stubborn fat. It's good to be back with the like-minded chicks!