Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Losing Weight in your mid 40's????

I have been struggling to see any loss on the scale in the last 6 weeks. I have lost 25 pounds since Dec 15th. I think I am doing the right things. My calories usually average about 1500. I move regularly (I have horses, so chores are done twice a day and if I feel I need more I do a Walk Away The Pounds videos). I lost about 80 pounds in 2006 (when I was 41). Only to put it all back on again. Now in 2010, I am 45. I really have not lost any weight since Feb 4th. I know 25 pounds is good, but I want to see that scale move downward every week. Is that a pipedream? What am I doing wrong? When I restarted in December, I told myself I was going to eat better and move more. I am doing that, so why am I not seeing the results that I want to see? Should I just relax? I am a bit of an obsessive person, and results oriented, so relaxing about this is hard for me.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

well, you've lost 25 lbs, so you know that it can be done! I do find that at age 47, my loss has been a little bit slower, but I'm still losing. So I think it's probably more about adjusting your expectations rather than assuming it won't happen. Even under the best circumstances, almost no one's weight drops consistently week after week. Just hang in there, as long as you are staying on plan, you should get a whoosh soon!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

I don't think it's a pipedream to see the scale continue to move in your mid-40s. Is it possible that your calories really aren't around 1500? Are you tracking them or estimating them? If you are estimating them, then maybe you can track them for a week (without necessarily changing anything) just to validate where you are and then start tweaking if need be?

Also, your post doesn't really indicate what kinds of foods are making up those calories. Maybe you could post a typical day and we could help tweak them?

And finally, what has changed since February 4th? Can you think of anything that you were doing differently Dec - Feb, that you aren't doing now?
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #4  
RS Cruise here I come

S/C/G: 167/162/120

Height: 5'2

Hello Ladies, I am 44... almost to that 45 mark... scary yes.but I swear I am not going to be a fat 45 year old.
I want to be skinny for when my son comes home from basic training in Nov and I am going on a cruise with 80's rocker Rick Springfield. I have bought several bathing suits already LOL.. I am thinking ahead because they wont be in the stores when I am ready to pack. I was considering having someone take a pic of me in them.. For before and afters..or is that too much lolol
DeeYankeeTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Thumbs up

Dee,

I am 44 also and will be 45 in August. I weigh 170.5 now having lost a few pounds this week. I don't want to be 45 and fat either. I struggle with energy and really feel that is my biggest problem. I think taking the before and after pictures would be a great way to motivate yourself and also see how far you have come in November. Here's to us not being fat at 45!
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Cheryl,

Have you been measuring yourself? You might be losing inches instead of pounds right now.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #7  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

I started my current plan at age 49.5, and though it's going slow, it IS going. I average 1500 cals/day and exercise 6 hours a week.

Must be something in the air in February. I only weigh in once a month and my March weigh in was only 1 pound down. I did however, lose another clothing size so not worrying too much about the number. However, if April weigh in isn't below 190, I'm going to be ticked.

Last edited by caryesings; 04-04-2010 at 09:33 AM.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #8  
Wandering in the Woods

I've very recently (10 days ago) joined CalorieCount (on About.com, probably the same as FitDay, and others), and for tht first time in my whole 48 years, I've been able to see clearly from their charts, the blind spots in my perspective. I've decided, pushing 50, it's not going to get any easier, but only more difficult, so the sooner I get my head out of the sand about lifestyle change, the better. For one, a really difficult thing for me, for the 'burn meter', I adjusted the base burning as "Sedentary Lifestyle" which I always have been anything but. However, all fingers are now pointing to that posibilty, and I can't fight the facts; for one, I spend a lot of time in front of the computer (or have been for many years now, which has been the main culprit in weightgain I am sure), regardless of the fact that I am out hiking a lot. So that alters the math right there >>> I burn fewer calories than I assume. I have it at the lowest, and anything from there is going to go in as 'an activity'. Same with calories in, I am guessing high, to be on the safe side, because so much of this is psychological ! Might as well play honestly, then with our minds set in a more austere reality of cals in and out, we might be more grateful for that little piece of chocolate, more determined for that 30 minute walk, and faster weight loss on the scale.

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 04-06-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote