Old 10-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Gardenerjoy, thanks for the recommendation. I know a cousin of David Kessler, so I'll take it as a sign. (The cousin, by the way, is a major foodie, ironically, very into fine dining etc).

I just ordered it online from the library.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #62  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby came and got me on his lunch and we went to vote for city mayor. I brought a book but we were the only ones there to vote so it was over quickly. If I hadn't brought the book we probably would have had to weit.

I feel like I'm playing catch-up today al little cleaning, laundry and other fun stull like that. Hopefully weights later in the day.

Marie, enjoy the trip and the new addition!

OMW, ditto on the biopsy.

Joy, thanks for the rec for Kesslers book

ICU, I know, I know, LOL! but sleep and I have never gotten along well. I get tired in the middle of the day not at night. Hubby gets home so late that I feel if I want to spend some time with him I have to stay up late. I like to sleep until 9am on Fridays. Helps me catch up. Every Fri some NUT comes and knocks on my door at 830am. April has a fit, wakes me up, can't a woman sleep late? I don't answer the door because I'm in my nightclothes, groggy, and I'm mad!!!! Probably some little old lady collecting for orphans, and I'd yell at her, but this has been going on for weeks.

Joan, big sigh on the MIL. Mine likes to make these little comments too. Hubby swears she's trying to compliment me <rolls eyes> but it doesn't sound like it to me.

KD, Glad the walk turned out so well!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #63  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

TOM jumped me 2 days early. What I can't quite figure out is why I lost half a pound going into it -- this is outside my norm for the year. And yeah, for those that have figured out that I'm a data-hound, I did review the journals all the way back to the beginning of the year. I guess it remains to be seen if I'll see up to a pound drop off by Tuesday, like I would expect.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #64  

RANT!!!!! Skip to below if you are already having a bad day. Okay for those who are still here! Week before last I ordered four items from the Champion bra sale. I decided on one bra in a different size and decided to try another style. So we returned the first order, and ordered two more. The order arrives last week and its wrong!! One bra is wrong size, color and style, the other we eveentally figure out is correct but the tag says something differnt that what it actually is! WEIRD. Hubby calls the company because he's better at dealing with people than I am, he gets a nice person who tells him they will send the corrected order out TOMORROW as well as a pre paid mailing envelope to send the wrong items back in. So FINALLY today they arrive. Both bras are WRONG AGAIN!! So I call up and start telling the woman who answered what is wrong, she interupts me to ask something about the label???? HUH, So then she asks me for my zip code " so I don't have to go through the story..." Hey, lady, I want to tell you the whole story because I'm MAD that the REPLANCEMENT order is WRONG, too. So I read it off to her and she asks if I want the order fixed. Well, DUH. And I want the prepaid label for BOTH incorrect orders. Do I get an apology for the incorrect order? My trouble? my disappointment? Even if she doesn't MEAN it, she represents her company!!! So now I'm mad at Champion, this woman, the whole situation, AND I'm bra-less, still! It will be another week before I get that order, at this rate the sale will be OVER and I won't get to order the bras I want because we'll still be playing around ordering test samples.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #65  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Patch, how frustrating! Hope you get the right bra and that the company does something to make things right for you!

ICU, maybe you lost a 1/2 pound because you have been staying on plan!

Marie, have a safe trip getting you dog!

gardener, Congrats on you new low! Are you as tired of rain as I am?

KDHW, glad they walk worked out. What a great way to spend time with your DD and get exercise!

Joan, Seems like many of us have a similar MIL story! I'm hoping I remember when I have a DIL of my own!

Cruise, You are certainly keeping yourself busy while Mack is gone. There is something about clearing out excess stuff. It makes me feel great!

Newleaf, I'm guessing you have a 3 day because of Columbus Day. Sadly, we no longer get that day off here.

This week has been chaotic to say the least. Hardwood floors in my kitchen are buckling from the water leaking from our freezer! Now we will have to get estimates to repair or possibly replace. It seems as if it is always something!
We've had lots of rain and it's been chilly and I'm crabby as a result. I will not be an emotional eater! I will not be an emotional eater! I will not be an emotional eater! (Thanks for letting me vent!)

Have a great weekend!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

ha ha! To those who enjoy mother-in-law stories.....mine likes to buy me little clothing items here and there, which is nice.....except she ALWAYS makes a point of getting them in LARGE, then making me try it on in front of her, THEN tugging it down over my waistline!
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #67  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

kdhw - great idea to walk with your daughter. Family exercise is a good habit to get into.

icu - nice, gemstones are great to work with. Congrats on the loss!

marie - sounds like you have a busy and fun weekend planned. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and the animals.

penguin - sorry about all the bra trouble and the bad customer service. Hopefully, they will get it right this time.

onmyway - hang in there gal. Big hug.

I will be spending time on hobbies this weekend. I need to see what I have in my jewelry supplies to make some holiday gifts ahead of time. I know that at the end of the season I bought some beaded ornaments kits and I need to haul those out. I also plan to get some walking in this weekend. Have a good Saturday!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #68  

Re Rant! I called back later, got a different person who was very nice, and feel a little better about the whole thing now. But if I call up with a problem I expect the person to be helpful and polite. Thanks for listening!

Omw, Eeeek on the floors! That's not good! I like your mantra!

Hope to get in the workout I didn't get yesterday. Hubby is off helping a friends fix their car. Even better he's supposed to get paid!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #69  
Green Tomatoes

ICUwishing: yep. The profession's light bulb joke is
Q: How many librarians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: I don't know, but I'll look it up.

Marie: thinking of you on your trip -- I hope all of the doggie introductions go well.

patchworkpenguin: really frustrating customer experience. I think companies have no idea sometimes that the stories are important and they should be listening to them! Not only does it make the customer feel better to be heard, but obviously something is going wrong there that needs to be fixed.

Onmyway: Good job on talking yourself out of being an emotional eater with house frustrations and lousy weather. Hope today is going better. We have sunshine!

Hydra: hope you have a great weekend with your hobbies

I have a NaNoWriMo pre-planning event (November is National Novel Writing Month) this afternoon. I want to start off on the right foot and not get suckered into the general culture of NaNoWriMo which is to write 50,000 words in November fueled by caffeine and sugar. So, I'll buy my bottled water to support the coffee house that's hosting us and I'll pack my normal afternoon snack to eat if I get hungry.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #70  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Slowwwww process

I am down a lb. I could be down two, but today I weighed later and so it said 140, I will take it.

Class is killing me, work is crazy. Life is insane, but I am continuing to walk and watch my points!

One pound is better than no pound!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #71  
Let's Get Going!!!

Will I make it at this rate to my goal by december???? xmas???
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #72  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone.

PatchworkPenguin I'm glad you're feeling a little better about the bra situation. I hope it all gets cleared up.

DMC2009 congrats on the pound!

OnMyWay yep, Columbus Day. We always got it off in Massachusetts, but I don't remember getting it off in years past in Pittsburgh. Its funny how states / districts pick and choose. The other funny thing is that my boys and I realized that we don't know *why* Monday is Columbus Day -- is it his birthday? Is it the day he was thought to reach land? The day his journey began? (doubt the last one; I don't think you'd set out in Oct) But we were glad that they didn't have to know the answer in order to get the day off... We will look it up, though. Gotta love the internet!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #73  
Green Tomatoes

dmc2009: slow and steady gets the job done! A lot of the books I've read said that it's better not to put a deadline on weight loss goals. If you're down 10 pounds by Christmas, that's 10 pounds! You want to celebrate that even if the journey isn't done yet. In spite of that, I'm doing the Halloween Challenge in this section, but I'm taking that goal very lightly, more like a game than a goal. I'm also doing the monthly exercise challenges in the Chicks up for a Challenge section and that one I do take quite seriously because I have much more control over the success of it.

newleaf123: don't leave us hanging on that Columbus Day mystery!

Today should be quiet and everything according to plan. I just love days like that!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #74  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Well TOM showed up early for me too and I sure hope I get my little whoosh that comes with TOM. Unlike most I drop 1-2 lbs. on day one but I have stuck to my plan of weighing only on Mondays.

I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and before I left I checked the online menu and found what I thought would be a healthy meal, they even listed it as "healthy". I guess it would have been had they not added at least a 1/4 cup of oil. I had three bites and ended up leaving the rest. It's getting to the point that I hate eating out. I always feel like a ***** making changes, sending stuff back or like yesterday not eating it.

Heidi - According to Wiki: Many countries in the New World and elsewhere celebrate the anniversary of Christopher Columbus's arrival in the Americas, which occurred on October 12, 1492 in the Julian calendar and October 21, 1492 in the modern Gregorian calendar, as an official holiday.

DMC - I agree with Joy about not setting hard goal date. I've had several and when I don't meet them they have a tendency to take away from the accomplishment I have made.

OMW - You know we are here for you if that urge to indulge hits.

Patch - Glad you were able to work things out.

Not sure what I'm going to do today. I still have lots of cleaning to do but I'm burned out. This is my off day for working out but I am going to take a couple of the pups for a walk.

Have a good Sunday!!!
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #75  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Penguin, on Thursday nights, put a sign on the front door (actually I’d leave it up permanently) saying not to knock or disturb until after 9:30 in the morning. Bummer about the bra fiasco. I’m glad it seems resolved now. It’s the major drawback of clothes shopping online.

I feel really bad for those of you that have petty comments thrown your way by a MIL. I’m lucky and have no idea how I’d respond. Maybe those with this problem can pool a group of responses that aren’t insulting but let MIL know it’s not right or appreciated.

ICU, you’re not alone. I log my TOM – date, length, days between – and have for years. Mostly I want to know when the whoosh the 3rd week of my cycle gives me and to see if there’s a trend to it disappearing for good. So far, no change… I want it gone permanently!

OMW, never forget homeowner’s insurance for replacing the hardwood floors. It’s not like you destroyed them. Your freezer failed and destroyed them. Sorry about the rain and very happy to hear you won’t eat because of all the water problems.

Joan, Wow, that is nasty. Next time say, “Thanks for the gift. It makes me uncomfortable to try clothes on in front of people. I’ll let you know how it fits.” Cut her fun off at the pass.

Joy, 50,000 words in one month is a little excessive. That’s about 2/3 or one of my manuscripts. I can’t write on demand but I will try to write more in November and think of you. And good choice on avoiding the sugar and caffeine. Bottled water is much better. But if I was at a coffee house, I’m a mocha freak – decaf, fat-free, sugar free mochas. Most ask why bother – because of the taste!

DMC, congrats on the pound!!! You’re really doing great in spite of the hectic schedule. Maybe you’ll make your goal but don’t fret if you don’t. It’s not a race. You’ll make your goal even if it’s later than December.

Newleaf, enjoy your 3 day weekend. Our district doesn’t do Columbus Day either. That was strange to get used to when I moved here. I liked more days off.

Cindy, I’m sorry about your restaurant experience. I also HATE eating out. I will never understand how many restaurants make a poor chicken breast have 500 calories. 140 yes – so where do the 360 extra cals come from. Last night DH asked why I didn’t get meals on the road – well duh, I don’t want to gain weight because of restaurant. So I brought protein shakes and pretzels.

Everything went so incredibly smooth. Kai and Sasha fell in love. When they met and were released into the foster mom’s sister’s yard, they had a ball. They’re acting like they’re tethered together. They don’t like leaving each other’s side. When we started home, after 15 minutes they were snuggled together on one of the doggie beds. It was awesome. I set up a flickr account with pictures. I will take more with a better camera but this will get you started.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4dogs4marie/

I lost another pound. 146 – I am like amazed every time the scale is nice. I truly never thought I’d weight this in my life. 11 pounds to my goal even though I’m thinking 125 might be a better goal. For now, 135 is my goal and I can “taste” it. Starting tomorrow, I’ll be wearing my new size 10 jeans. They fit great (tried them on this morning but grabbed my 12s because ultimate comfort is the goal today. My back is sore (pinched a never near my shoulder blade yesterday at some point) and I want to be a bum and enjoy my pack.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote