Old 10-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Well, yesterday not a bad day, but a few bites of salty stuff and my water weight came cascading back!

Don't you hate when that happens? I wish I had a scale that would show two numbers: water weight, and "real" weight.

Having a terrible time with insomnia this week. Is it a fortysomething thing? anyway, I find it hard to stick to plan on "no-sleep" days.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #32  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi all,

HI you guys! I miss coming here and catching up on everybody's lives! I am swamped with this class and work and life.
I am being pretty good about walking every day and this morning, I think the scale said 139, could it be???
I am waiting to saturday to make sure.

Still trying to be as good as I can as far as eating and walking!

Will post more later,
dmc
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #33  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

patchworkpenguin: I like exotic forms of dance, so my newest DVD is a Brazilian Dance workout with Vanessa Isaac. I also use the Hula and Tahitian Island Girl DVDs. Those can all be danced barefoot. My favorite yoga DVDs are by Suzanne Deason. And I have several Qi Gong DVDs by Lee Holden. For strength training, I'm using the 10 Minute Solution: Target Toning for Beginners -- I can watch that for free through my Netflix Account under the Watch Instantly tab.

KDHW: welcome!

presmaggie: yay for noticeable arm muscles! A lunchtime workout group sounds great!

weightlosswanted: way to go with increasing your exercise gradually to prevent energy! That's the way to do it!

Joan: hope your sleep straightens out soon. I've been hearing that eliminating screen time (computer or TV) for an hour or two before bed can help, but I'm finding it difficult!

dmc2009: sounds like you're doing great with your weight loss journey even at a busy time.

My trip is going pretty well. Normal difficulties sleeping in a strange bed, but I'm getting lots of time for exercise and I'm eating well from the food I packed, studiously avoiding the breakfast buffet in the lobby of the hotel.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #34  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

joan: melatonin works wonders for insomnia! also try to avoid caffeine later in the day, if I have caffeine after about 2pm I'm up half the night. I've found that when I'm not sleeping well I tend to avoid exercise and crave carbs and quick, easy junk food meals.
dmc: way to go keeping up the walking in spite of a hectic schedule!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #35  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

weightlosswanted - I hope your back will feel better, soon.

Joan - I have big issues with water weight, too. The good side, I find, is that it comes off pretty quickly when I start eating better.

dmc2009 - thanks for dropping by! It's good to fit in a little 3fc time into a hectic day.

gardenerjoy - great job on staying on track on a trip! Those habits you start now can last a lifetime.

When will this cold go away??? (said with a whine in my voice). I just want to feel better so I can go back to exercising strenuously again. Strangely enough, I seem to be missing it. Unfortunately, I got pneumonia a couple of years ago, so I have to be careful with my lungs these days and they still feel inflamed.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #36  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Just a quick shout out to everybody. Thank you for your support, your guidance and your wisdom. Today marks 1/3 lost of my weight loss goal!!! Over 10% of my total body weight! I am so excited!!!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #37  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Speaking of insomnia!!!

I can't sleep! Ugh.
Congrats HYdra on your 1/3 journey.
Presm., I hope your cold goes away soon.

Yes, its been so hectic! My class, my dd's homework, house work, work, extra work, all of it is really hard. But I keep packing my lunches and snacks and force myself to walk. Those are the things I do for me!

I don't think my life has ever felt so hectic... what is it> Age???

see you soon!
Night.
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #38  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

WLW - Good to "see" you again.

Joy - Glad the trip is going well. WTG on healthy eating and exercise while on the road.

Hydra - WTG on 10%.

Maggie - Sure hope this cold doesn't settle in your chest.

DMC - 130's..... woo hoo!!!

I tried to check in here a couple times yesterday but the site was having issues. Not much going on here just been busy doing my "fall" cleaning. I got the worse out of the way yesterday; the sunroom and all 20+ windows.

My eating has been excellent all week and I've been working out everyday so I'm hoping/expecting a 2 lb. loss on Monday. Once again I decided to only weigh on Monday and so far I'm actually doing it.

Mack and I have been Skyping every night but I still miss him BIG TIME. The weather has been decent but they have had winds that have prevented him from diving the last couple days.

Well I'm off to the treadmill.

Have a good day ladies.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #39  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

CAT - WTG on the cleaning! Sorry you're feeling lonely! Crossing my fingers for you that Monday reflects your efforts properly! Also want to know everything went OK with your appt.

dmc - well done, Featherweight! The goal line approaches ...

pres - believe me, I commiserate and whine along with you. I'm about 80% recovered. I hope you've been better about what you've chosen to eat while sick than I have! Agree with your plan to take care of the lungs. They're just a little bit important. Major congrats on having the stirrings of exercise addiction! Hope your new job is going well!

hydra - Congrats on the 10% and the 1/3 mark! Huge victory!

WLW - me too on the caffeine - I have to stop by noon.

gardener - well done with the traveling discipline! That's definitely going to pay off!

joan - totally agree with the dual scale. I can gain and lose 3 in a day over processed stuff too. I like to think of it as a signal that this is my body telling me that it doesn't like what I put into it and it's showing me in the way that's most likely to get a response.

marie - didn't lose, but didn't gain in NC! But I did get a new goal - and I'll get my signature updated to reflect it this weekend. Still making battle plans on how to achieve it. You know we're going to be clamoring for puppy pics when you get back!

simply - welcome! I'm so jealous that you have a partner who's walking the walk with you! I sometimes think, in my dark mood, that I share a domicile with a passive-aggressive saboteur.

patch - I've done the same - broken out the sweaters and THRILLED to see some that were tucked away for a few years! Awesome job steering to the grapes. I was home Mon and Tues with the cold and the PMS ... and the chips won. I think I'll make a point of keeping some grapes in the freezer so I can be like you.

KDHW - welcome! SBD's a great plan - I never touched cauliflower until I tried the fake mashed potato trick.

Velveteen - I remember when you begged for the kick in the pants - and now here you are at 24 pounds off! LOL!

Sarah - welcome and jump on in!

Carol - I sympathize with the busyness. Still getting up early for workouts?

HEIDI - WHERE YA BEEN????

A small miracle has occurred. I was getting pouty because I have not been able to synch my available time with the lap swimming times at the pool, and began looking for other pools. Then I got an email that because of the surge in the team membership, they're breaking my son's group out to an hour later - 7:30-8:30. And because this fast group is not quite so big ... they'll only be taking up 4 lanes. The extra 2 lanes ... are going to be open lap swimming! Voila! DS10 and I will be working out at the same time!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #40  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

Hydra - congratulations!!

dmc2009 - I feel the same about hectic. I feel like my life is on spin cycle right now. It seems to be a combination of a lot to do and a body that refuses to sleep at night. Then, I'm tired all day. Ugh.

Cruise - good job on the cleaning. I'm waiting for the rains to "clean" my windows.

ICU - that's great news on DS' swimming time. I wish I could do something while my boys do Tae Kwon Do. It's just wasted time and I don't have any time to waste.

Feeling overwhelmed this morning. My boys won't give me one second alone to even think. They are so clingy this morning, it's hard to take. My new job is taking what energy I have left and I need this cold gone. Aaargh.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #41  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

pres - any chance you can bring a totebag full of mail, or start addressing Christmas cards (way too proactive!), or reading, even if it's for the job? As a "bleacher queen/swim mom", my son's pool is just barely too far for me to drive home while he swims, and having been a swimmer, I simply cannot watch practices, because I either get annoyed with his level of effort, or get annoyed at the coaches. It sucks to have to make every minute count just to keep up with life. Nature of the beast I guess! Get well soon!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #42  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Presmaggie, I am so happy your first day went smoothly. Especially that the woman tried to be nice. How awesome that your arm muscles are defined. What an excellent boost! And an invitation to lunch workouts – that would be so awesome. I work with lazybutts so lunch is only eating!

Simply, welcome. I really hope no one kicks me off this thread when I turn fifty in two years. So if you find the encouragement you need here, redo 49 for another year. BTW, I started my journey a few years ago with Sansone’s WATP dvds. It was a great way to get addicted to exercise.

Joan, just know that the leg ache means you’re doing what’s good for you. Sounds like you’re on a great start! Too funny about the water weight and the real weight. If you figure that one out you’ll be a billionaire! BTW, my cold hit its 2 week anniversary yesterday. I’m resigned to it but am really fighting the asthma getting bad – actually my lung capacity has improved a little through this week. I do admit I was tired of exercising at a reduced level and pushed my elliptical back to its normal routine. Other than having to use my inhaler after 5 minutes, it was wonderful to feel in control and better even if it might be a mirage.

WLW, yeah your avatar is back. I really do love it even though you’re a Yankee. Spaghetti limbs is a great feeling (unless it lingers for hours).

Cruise, LOL on the logical point of not being arrested while Mack was out of town. But you spoke for the dogs and I admire you. Sorry, no puppy breath. The man was a skank and freak (per my son). He had the audacity to say, I wish I had a 100 of them since the phones ringing off the wall. He wanted me to get into a bidding war, upping the price. So DS and I drove 660 miles for no puppy. But it was a great day as we saw the school my DS was going to move to Phoenix for in Sacramento. It was so strange I saw it cruising down the freeway. Apparently it’s a new campus and they have his program. We’re all excited he and his fiancée are moving to Sacramento now instead of Phoenix. 300 miles versus 1700. And, I have been emailing the husky rescue group in Washington. It’s looking really positive that I will be able to adopt Sasha, the 1.5 yo that I had my little heart set on. I am so excited.
That was the route I’d wanted to go and it’s working out. I will post her pics as soon as I know it’s 100% sure. I bet it was extremely difficult to resist the shelter’s little girl. Homeless doggies just pull the heartstrings. And don’t you just love Skype. I chatted with my DH every day from Bangkok for 3 weeks and it didn’t cost a cent.

Joy, I’m so happy others just like to dance around the house. I have an ipod playlist with the tunes that just make dance. I don’t even have to be alone. There are just songs that make one move.

Penguin, grape binging is excellent. That’s more than progress, that’s success!!!!

Welcome HDHW!!! Three daughters??? I bet that’s fun occasionally when all of you meet AF at the same time. As you envy our weather getting cold, I envy your constant heat. I love warm weather and think I could be happy only vacationing in snow.

DMC, my fingers are crossed that 139 stays for your Saturday weigh in!

Hydra, WTG on the 1/3 landmark.
I love landmark goal achieving. You should be so excited. WTG!!!!!

ICU, that is awesome news about the pool. I’m very excited for you. That schedule change is great!!! I love your comment about your body telling you no processed foods. You are so right, we do tend to listen to that evil scale!

OK, so in my comment to Cruise, you all could tell that the Tuesday puppy adoption failed. But I have been in contact with the rescue group and it’s nearly 100% certain I’ll be adopting Sasha on Saturday. The foster mommy and I have been chatting quite a bit and I really like her. Her ways with doggies parallels mine. So on Friday after work, Kai Pixie Bear and I will start the drive up to Tacoma. I’m hoping to get to Salem or so. That way I can get to Tacoma early on Saturday and Kai and Sasha can play a bit before we all head home. I’m so excited. I was worried about adopting a puppy – mostly how in the heck was I going to do our daily 1.5 mile walk with three dogs and carrying a baby pup??? And this way Kai and Sasha get to become play buddies right away. It is amazing how things just work out. The scary part was I was irritated with the skank man but wasn’t upset. Perhaps partly because DS and I were having a great road adventure and finding he doesn’t have to move to Phoenix. And partly because I so much wanted a rescue dog and especially Sasha.

On to other news. The evil scale read 147.0 this morning!!!! I have only a dozen pounds left to go. Is that awesome or what??? I even texted DH at 5 this morning because I’m so pleased. I love when a pound vanishes!

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #43  
Green Tomatoes

presmaggie: take care of yourself! This seems like a good season to make sure our immune systems recover as thoroughly as possible so we don't get the next bug coming along.

Hydra: Congratulations! You're doing so great with this!

dmc2009: hope you sleep better tonight.

CruiseCAT: good job on the fall cleaning -- washing windows lends itself to some good stretching and squatting movements.

ICUWishing: I'm so glad that the pool time has suddenly worked out wonderfully for you!

Marie: so sorry about the puppy but great news about your son's school! And way to go on the lost pound!

I decided to scoot back home because we have a full day of rain on tap today. I figured if I had to drive in the rain, I'd rather get over with than spend the whole morning fretting about it and then driving through it. So, I'm safely home and DH is fixing vegetarian chili mac for our lunch. Glad to be here!

A lot of insomnia in our group right now! I didn't sleep three nights ago because I was excited about my trip and the last two nights have each been worse than the last. I'm hoping that the problem will right itself now that I'm home.

Hmmm. The weather radio just went off -- flash flood warning. No worry for us because we live on a hill but that can cause havoc for lots of people. They are saying some areas have had 2 to 4 inches of rain already and many hours left to go.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #44  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Hi, Ladies!

Thanks CruiseCAT and ICU (and anybody else I missed in my quick skim!) for noticing my absence. I've just been busy, compounded by just being sick of it all, the constant battle to lose / maintain weight. My youngest son got pretty sick last week and since he was by my side all week, I just stopped using the computer and checking in. But, like all good losers, I came back and checked in today.

I feel like I've lost sense of how much to eat, and that I've been eating too much. I haven't really gained much, just fluctuating in my 5lb zone, so I guess I've been eating more at a maintenance level. Today I'm tracking calories, trying to gain that sense of understanding and control back. It's 2:30pm and I've had 729 calories so far today; that feels about right.

The problem is, and I know a lot of people can relate to this, I feel like it's all or nothing -- either I'm hyper-focused on food & exercise & scale & tape measurer or I'm not paying attention. The last couple of weeks have been about not paying attention. Now I'm ready to refocus. But I guess that's just life. The biggest thing is that I know that I am in this for life. It's not a 2 month race or anything...

I've missed you all and I'm back!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #45  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

WoW, It is so hard to keep up with everyone! Here goes, and if I forget someone, it's just pre-alzheimer's kicking in!

Welcome back newleaf. Hope DS is feeling better. I know what you mean about all or nothing. I am really having a hard time regaining my momentum.

Gardener, Glad you got home before all of this rain. It's cold and wet and nasty. We get lots of water running through our yard. Let's hope it all stays in the yard.

Marie, I am a big believer that things work out the way they are supposed to. Sasha was meant for you, just sorry you had to make that big trip to find out. Pretty shady of the other guy trying to put you into a bidding war. Another pound gone! Yahoo!

Presmaggie, Hope you are felling better! It is so hard to find the right balance of work and family, add school to the mix and no wonder you feel lousy. Please be sure you are getting some "me" time in there!

ICU, that's great news about swimming while DS is swimming! Again, things work out like they should! As for exercise in the AM, I am still getting up early a couple days a week. Can't say I like it, but at least I am doing it!

Cruise, glad you can Skype with Mack. Sounds like this week is going well for you. Loved your rescue story you rebel!

dmc, Hope that 139 sticks! If not hope it's 138 instead!

Hydra, Congrats on the first 1/3. Keep up the good work!

Joan, sorry to say insomnia is not a problem for me, in fact I'm very good at sleeping! I'll be in big trouble if that ever becomes an issue for me!

simply, Glad to have you with us! There is no one hear checking ID's so you can stay as long as you like!

WLW, I'm also glad to see your old avatar again! Helps me keep track when I can put a face to a name.

KDHW, Welcome to the best group at 3FC!

Patch, how's the exercise going?

Finally had my spider veins treated yesterday. Went to a dermatologist that a friend recommended. Right now I look like I am covered with mosquito bites. DR. says I should see results in about 2 weeks. The procedure felt like multiple bee stings with burning. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so I didn't think it was that bad. Also had a suspicious patch of skin removed from my neck. DR. is pretty sure it is basal cell carcinoma. Biopsy results will be back in a few days. I showed the spot to my regular DR. several years ago and he said it was just a dry skin patch.

Woke up this am to find water all over the kitchen floor cause the freezer door was not closed all of the way. Didn't lose too much food, but now I need to think of what to do with the ground beef that was thawed! It's rainy and cold here so chili might be in order!

Last edited by Onmyway; 10-08-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote