Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #391  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

First name: Katt (well .. Sarah-Jane .. but I have been called Katt more than half my life now lol)

Geographical location: Wellington, New Zealand

Marital Status: Been with hunny 12 years in December ... which is also when we are finally getting married (11.12.13)

Children/Ages: Daughter 22, Grandson 3, Granddaughter 2 (october) and another due in April.

Occupation: Casual work wherever Im needed .. but mainly retail management.

Pets: 4 dogs - Gizmo (longhaired Chihuahua), Baer (Gizmos daughter .. half Daschund), Pepa (Baers boyfriend, Chihuahua/Papillion) & Teagan (Baer & Pepas daughter).

Hobbies/Interests: Singing/Music, reading, crime (not doing lol), family, animals, cross stitch, cooking

Height: 175cm

Eye/Hair Color: Depends on mood ... hazel - green eyes ... hair .. ummm .. reddish brown ... in summer more of a goldie brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On here 2006 ... this round .. beginning of august.

Starting Weight: originally 368 pounds .. this restart 343.9 pounds

Goal Weight: Christmas goal 264.5 ... next goal 242 ... I dont see a 1 in my future .. but maybe low low 2's

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: External things causing me to doubt myself etc. Also teaching myself to eat more than one or two meals a day ...

Following any specific plan: No, just trying to make healthier choices and counting calories.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have proper targets (at least for first 2 goals - 1st is wedding .. second is birth of next grandchild). I am being more accountable this time to myself and fighting the external influences and cutting out negativity as much as I can in my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I like to think that every time I go off the wagon that I am going to learn what set me off this time and try to have a better reaction next time, not always successful, but I have learnt that I need to accept it and start again the next day rather than thinking oh well ... Ive gone off so will just carry on off track and get it out of my system. On this journey you need to be accountable to yourself and selfish too.... if you dont do it for yourself then you are doing it for the wrong reason, because if anything happens to one of those reasons you are doing it for it will just make you fall off the wagon. Be selfish in your actions, if others dont like you focusing on your health and well-being, then they shouldnt be in your life anyway .. because if you dont do it .. then you wont be round in theirs. Would also LOVE to have some journey Penpals if you want to PM me
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 196/196/147

Height: 5ft 3"

Default Hello 40 Something club......

First name: Siobhan

Geographical location: Ireland

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 2 (boy 10 & girl 7)

Occupation: mum & we also run our own company so book keeping, secretarial etc.

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: badminton, walking, cycling, knitting & baking

Height: 5ft 3"

Eye/Hair Color: green & brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time......Monday

Starting Weight:196

Goal Weight:147

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: making time for me and believing that I'm worth it.

Following any specific plan: Eating three good meals, with two snacks and not eating at night. Also moving more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: following years of illness, I have had surgery and am now well on the road to recovery. Also feel that if I don't take control now that it will just spiral and get worse.

Anything else you would like to share with us: so glad to have found you!!!
Polnuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #393  

Height: 5' 5"

First name: Jen

Geographical location: San Diego

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: Daughter, 8, Son, 5

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, traveling

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 15

Starting Weight: 162

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Taking the time to plan for what I am going to eat so I do not reach for what is most convenient. Particularly since I tend to eat differently from the rest of my family (at least for now).

Following any specific plan: My focus is on reducing processed foods and carbs. And limiting my wine intake

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am being more accountable. Telling more people about it. Joining a forum and telling you about it. I usually stay quiet about it so I am the only one who "knows" of my failure.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #394  
Michelle

S/C/G: 263/248/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Texas girl introduction

No Howdy's just a big ole Hey There !

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: Corpus Christi Tx

Marital Status: 29 years and still counting

Children/Ages: no children

Pets: Chuco 20 yr old quaker parrot and Jade 17 yr old Blue/Gold Macaw

Hobbies/Interests: Scuba diving, Hiking, Fishing, hanging out at the beach(but I hate to go by myself), reading, BBQ'ing when I have others to cook for.

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I got married in 1984. I weighed a whooping 125-130 and thought I was fat. (yes I'm an idiot) So since then I have dieted until I got to my biggest ever.

Starting Weight: 263 pounds

Goal Weight: 145 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making me a priority. Loosing weight for nobody but me. However, keeping in mind that any weight loss it a gift to myself, my husband and my family.

Following any specific plan: Since going back to lifting weights I am trying to concentrate on feeding the muscle. I follow a lean protein diet and try to get as much non starchy vegies as possible, I limit fruit to no more than 2 servings a day, if I get that and rice, flour, white or yellow potatoes to once a month splurge. Lots of water..

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
Tired of being over weight and out of shape. I lost my job in January and knew that if I did not find something to do that was productive, I would only get bigger. I did a lot of traveling the first 7 months of not working one of which included a hike in Oregon. It was embarrassing my lack of stamina. My goal is to go back and kick that trails butt. I'm doing this for me but I have made it a fun goal to surprise my husband with a weight loss when he comes back from the sandbox.

My husband is a deployed civilian so each time he goes I have tried to loose a little weight. The first 6 months he was gone I was up to 263 and lost to around 250. The second 6 months I got down to 237 but he came home for 6months and we eat and drank a lot. I gained up to 254. When he left in June I wasn't really trying to lose yet. I went on a long trip in July with my sister and when I got back I knew I had to get in a gym and exercise to truly conquer my weight issues. I have a gym 2 blocks from my house and can walk there. It's a tough life having a husband 8000 miles away, no job, no family close and in an area where you have no friends. I spend a lot of time alone or traveling 5 hours to spend time with human friends versus my 2 birds.
ranada7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 195/182/140

Height: 5'8"

First name: Angela

Geographical location: Pacific Northwest

Age: 40 (just turned a couple weeks ago). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Five- M 18, F 15, F 13, F 3, M 1

Pets: Yorkie and Shih tzu

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, computers, outdoors, travel

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started Ideal Protein on Nov 29th

Starting Weight: 195

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating on the go. My love for carbs- bread, Pepsi, pasta)

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Due to the expense, I think my husband would be upset if I failed. lol. Nah, I am committed. I am tired of having such a low self-esteem. I want to love myself again. I want to be healthy for my children. I want to be sexy for my husband!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I look forward to getting to know you all!
idahogirl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #396  
Hi!

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Galena, IL

Children/Ages: Does the husband count?

Pets: Three Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs - Indy (girl, 5), Ozzy (boy, 3) and Bowser (rescue boy, 4)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, hiking, outdoors in general, dogs, photography, leather work, travel

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Green depending on mood, Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 1st

Starting Weight: Not into the scale - but guessing around 200

Goal Weight: More interested in dropping a couple of pant sizes down to 8 or 10

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweet tooth, sticking with it past 2 weeks, a spouse who is supportive on paper, but doesn't always get that his desire to go out for meals and drinks doesn't help (and I give in)

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More committed this time. Have a vacation at the end of January that is helping me push forward, although I don't expect to be near my goal by then.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmmm, not sure. What else do you want to know?
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 303/275/175

Height: 6'1"

First name: Marla

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Married but not for much longer

Children/Ages: 19 yo daughter, 11 yo son

Pets: 1 Shar-Pei

Hobbies/Interests: Working out, volunteering, Words with Friends

Height: 6'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2013

Starting Weight: 303

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My biggest hurdle was committing to working out and I overcame that as I now workout 5-6 days/week. My next biggest hurdle is eating healthy and planning my meals.

Following any specific plan: Started working out using the Wii Fitness program, moved on to a Jillian Michael's workout program, now using the P90X fitness program

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I knew 2013 would be a big transition year for me - my daughter graduated from high school and was leaving for college and my son was starting middle school. I was also planning on ending a very unhappy marriage. I found that I was more determined than ever to live the life I want to live which includes a lot of physical activities that would be hard to do if I wasn't physically fit. Having those goals in mind was what kept me going in the beginning. Now, I find that I am focused on seeing constant improvement when I workout.

Anything else you would like to share with us: When I originally started working out I knew I would hit mental roadblocks that had stopped me in the past. I prepared for that to happen and each time it does I consciously remind myself to keep going and then I do it. On my rough days, I also remind myself that I never regret working out but I ALWAYS regret missing a workout. My challenge going into 2014 is to be in that same mindset when it comes to eating healthier. My ultimate goals are not all about a number on a scale but about what I want to be able to do - in 2014 I plan on competing in 2-3 triathlons and running in at least 1 half marathon. By the time I turn 50 I plan on completing at least 2 marathons and I want to compete in an Ironman Triathlon.
Marla D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #398  
Carrot said WHAT?

S/C/G: HW:249 CW:234 GW:Healthy

Height: 5'5"

First name: Aimee

Geographical location: NE Wisconsin

Marital Status: Separated

Children/Ages: B21, G19, G14, B12

Pets: A parakeet for the kids.

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a painter, mostly, but I love music and interior design.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: BL/BR

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 12/10/2013

Starting Weight: 234

Goal Weight: Whatever looks and feels healthy--I'll know when I'm there.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: COE

Following any specific plan: OA

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Finally realizing and happily accepting the root cause of my binge eating is food addiction.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just happy to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.
LettingGo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #399  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

First name: Nikki

Geographical location:
Southern California, US

Marital Status:
Married

Children/Ages:
2, one girl & one boy ages 14 & 16

Jewelry designer

Pets:
one cat, one dog, & two rats

Hobbies/Interests:
currently learning Spanish & starting piano lessons

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color:
hazel/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Which time?
Currently 11/20/2013

Starting Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
stalls, plateaus and later, maintenance

Following any specific plan:
low carb, low cal, vegetarian

I am older/it is harder this time. But at least now I have an idea how to maintain.

I need accountability! Once I get into maintenance I need to STAY on this web site, KEEP LOGGING my daily food, and KEEP WEIGHING.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 238/223/195

Height: 5'3"

Default Greetings !!!

First name: Terri

Geographical location: Philly, PA

Children/Ages: one boy age 11

Pets: one dog:Bella

Hobbies/Interests: Reading/ researching

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/Auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Which time? Currently 12/13/2013

Starting Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 200 (current); 140 (End)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: self sabotage

Following any specific plan: less, no eating after 8 pm

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am older and it gets harder and harder, but I hope to take little bites at a time and not get so overwhelmed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need accountability! I once lost a weight loss contest simply because I needed to weigh myself in public. Here's hoping this works.
tarnishau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5' 6"

Starting Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 125 and below

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: lack of patience

Following any specific plan: no, varies depending on the day or the week!

1) The older I get, the harder it becomes.
2) I no longer have any ED.
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

First name: Marlene
Geographical area: Texas
marital Status: married 22, almost 23 years
Children: 2 girls, 19 & 17
Pets: miniature poodle, rabbit, flock of ducks
Hobbies: traveling, camping, motorcycling, cars, horses, reading
Height: 5' 4.5"
Eye/hair color: blue/highlighted blond
Starting date: (this and final time) July 2012
Start weight: 204 (but had gotten as high as 215)
Goal: original was 135, now trying to keep closer to 125
Biggest hurdle: finding something that worked for me
Plan: MRC
What is different: having a specific food list & plan really helped me achieve my goal.

Having continued accountability in a supportive format is what I need. I still speak to my coach, as needed, but need other support from others who understand. People who haven't been where I was, and gained & lost so many times don't get why I am so careful of what I eat and why I worry about it.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

Height: 5'4"

First name: Tirena

Geographical location: Northern Nevada

Children/Ages: 2 Boys 8&10

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Love to run, be active with kids, want to start snowshoeing, reading, love being outdoors!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green /Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2012

Starting Weight: 192

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up too early. Falling back into old habits.

Following any specific plan: Daily exercise, record everything I eat, have a weekly "treat" meal, eat tons of fresh veggies, very low sugar and modify as necessary.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In Dec 2011, had a baseball size cyst removed from my ovary. Not cancer but a huge wake up call! I will not let my lifestyle deprive my kids of their mom. I felt like I was given a second chance to turn my health around.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am passionate, supportive and want to live life to it's fullest!
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status:Married

Children/Agesaughter, 9 years old

Pets: 2 Cats, 1 male and 1 female

Hobbies/Interests:knitting, crocheting (learning), reading, history, gardening

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journeyecember 30, 2013

Starting Weight:153

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cheating

Following any specific plan:South Beach/Dash diet plan, portion control

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think it comes off slower, plus last time I lost weight only by diet. I will have to add in exercising this time. Also, my good cholestrol is too low and I am borderline on my bad cholesterol. Need to get those down!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to show my dd healthly eating habits and a healthy lifestyle.
redautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:41 AM   #405  

Smile I'm new here, a bit about me

First name:Michelle

Geographical location:Michigan

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:2 boys, 14 and 11

Pets:Macaw parrot, dog, cat

Hobbies/Interests:Crochet, music, chess, driving

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:hazel eyes, color in a box, usually black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:down loaded app last week, logged in this morning

Starting Weight:185

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:i hate exercising, and, I do more starvation than overeating.

Following any specific plan:no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:well, I'm not getting any younger, and I'm engaged, and I need to be in shape for my career.

Anything else you would like to share with us:just that I'm looking for honest support, I'm straight forward. And, I love to laugh.
PudgyPisces is offline   Reply With Quote