Old 05-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default 46 years old and can't seem to lose a pound!

I am 46, 5'3", and 175 lbs. I am also severely diabetic and cannot seem to control my blood sugars. I began to walk 3 miles a day around a month ago. I walk slowly - it takes me an hour and half to finish 3 miles, so really really slow. I am doing the best I can.

I am consuming around 1500 calories a day (per My Fitness Pal) but I haven't lost a POUND. I am sorry if I sound entitled but I am really struggling and I was hoping to have lost at least 4 lbs total in the past 4 weeks because I am not eating much and walking! But nothing. In fact, my stomach looks ballooned up (and yes, I drink a lot of WATER - no soft drinks and no alcohol because, again, my diabetes and also because I am thirsty all the time).

Please help. I need to stay alive for my son with autism and my doctor says my blood sugars are so out of control I might be gone in a few years. Losing weight isn't about my looks, it's about being there for my child for a long time. Am I going be able to lose this weight at all? My goal weight is 135 lbs by end of the year, although IDEALLY I should be 120 lbs to really get my diabetes under control.

Please help!
StayAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #2  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Some folks have had success with intermittent fasting. Dr. Fung has a lot of interesting videos on YouTube discussing how it can impact blood sugars.
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/220/180

Height: 6'0"

Intermittent fasting works, you have to get the right mindset
lone1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:17 PM   #4  

Hi Stay Alive
When I read your post, I felt I had to help you because I also have children
I am from Iran and these vegetables are widely used in our country.
I think you should treat your diabetes first, which is very simple.
You just have to believe that you can.
Then you can easily lose weight.

All the herbs and spices mentioned in this article have anti-diabetic or anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce chronic inflammation in the body, just spray them on all foods. So in the next meal, mix some of these herbs and spices that are mentioned below with your food.

Do not be afraid to try new ingredients to get the right recipe: By trying new ingredients, you will learn which plant or spice gives the best taste to your food and which one you prefer to use.

Basil

Basil is a fragrant garden and vegetable that evokes summer, Italy and good times. Gives a pleasant aroma to salads, soups, and pastas. A study of herbal teas found that turmeric, rosemary, marjoram, mint, and basil were the top five flavonoids. Basil, in particular, lowers blood sugar.

Bilberry

Bilberry is a European type of blueberry. Bilberries are superior to blueberries because blueberries are all blue, while only inside blueberries are blue. Blue means anthocyanins, healthy antioxidants that fight diabetes, strengthen the heart and reduce blood fats and inflammation.

Studies by the Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition have shown that regular consumption of fresh bilberry, about 400 grams per day, reduces the symptoms of inflammation and improves glucose tolerance in people with metabolic syndrome. When comparing the daily bilberry consumption group with the control group, those who followed a regular diet, it was found that the inflammatory symptoms of interleukin-6 were reduced by up to 20% in those who increased bilberry consumption.

Baboon

Chamomile lowers blood sugar and prevents diabetes complications by expelling sugar from the blood and storing it in the liver. After a hard day's work, there is no more soothing and calming drink than a cup of chamomile tea.

Cinnamon

Numerous studies have shown that cinnamon lowers blood sugar. But in a recent study, there was no significant reduction in fasting blood sugar after consuming cinnamon. They tried again and found that cinnamon lowers hemoglobin 1C A.

In any case, consuming cinnamon with food cures inflammation and leads to weight loss as a result of lowering cholesterol and increasing metabolism. Of course, as long as you cook cinnamon, you neutralize its benefits. So try it on beans, lentils and brown rice or cooked red meat, and stay without sugar!

Green cumin

Cumin is a spice from the parsley family that goes well with red lentils or brown rice. Use it generously, it reduces cumin, blood sugar and cholesterol. Cumin also has a positive effect on chronic diseases caused by diabetes, which are also very dangerous.

Dandelion flowers

The medicinal properties of dandelion among all plants are amazing, so you should never eradicate this weed from your garden. Its dark green leaves fill the body with substances that lower blood pressure and heal the liver. Like nettles, dandelions increase urination, thus providing a mild cleansing effect on the body. Dandelion helps to lose weight, which is beneficial for most diabetics.

Read more: An amazing plant that lowers your blood sugar by three degrees

Become

Dill with fish, eggs and mushrooms is very tasty. Dill is native to the Middle East and southwestern Russia, but has now found its way into European kitchens and medieval drugstores. Years ago it was mainly used to increase women's milk. But it is now known as an effective plant in the fight against diabetes. The James Duke Botanical Database lists 70 different chemicals in dill that help fight diabetes.

Fennel

Fennel has a unique taste when eaten as a vegetable. On the other hand, the seeds of this plant have a strong aroma; Fennel drink is great for bloating babies. Both vegetables and seeds contain chemical compounds that fight diabetes. Anthol is one of the phytochemicals in fennel that prevents inflammatory factors in the body and fights cancer.

Chewing fennel seeds after every meal is common in India to clean teeth and fresh breath. If you like the flavor of cough medicine, know that fennel is also a good cough suppressant with the same flavor (in addition to helping people with diabetes and gastrointestinal diseases) and its essential oils are also available in capsule form.

Garlic

Garlic along with basil, mint and olive oil give a special flavor to Italian and Mediterranean dishes. Garlic is good for heart function and prevents cancer, just like onions, shallots, chives, which all come from the same family.

Among them, garlic has the highest anti-inflammatory properties and suppresses diabetes. But garlic can be even more effective: it lowers blood sugar and fat, as well as C-reactive protein and inflammation. Almost any vegetable tastes good with garlic and olive oil. If I am in trouble, I use dried garlic in my kitchen. But be aware that dried garlic does not have all the positive effects of fresh garlic. Raw and chopped garlic seems to have the most powerful effects.

Ginger

Ginger is an excellent plant in the fight against diabetes and high blood fats, because it fights diabetes in various ways and even helps to lose weight. In fact, a 2012 study by nutritionists at Columbia University
I wish YOU happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:21 PM   #5  

I hope you achieve your heart's desire and believe that you can.
I will search the internet for you and find the best videos about diet and weight loss.
Hoping for your success
Old 10-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #6  

In addition, according to my research, there is a method in which we cleanse our body only with drinking water.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #7  

The procedure is very simple: every morning when you wake up, drink a glass of lukewarm water before any work.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:32 PM   #8  

I have been doing this for seven years and my weight has been almost constant.
Thank God I do not get sick at all.
Believe that a glass of water in the morning will wash your whole body from top to bottom.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:13 PM   #9  

Default I have an idea for you

I'm 42 and what worked for me was when I started intermittent fasting. You have to trick your body and get out of the same routine that it may be used to. Try to reserve your feeding window between 10am-6pm, or maybe 12pm-8pm. Try to only eat and drink between those hours in addition to the exercise you're doing and see if you see any changes. It worked for me
lyric1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:27 PM   #10  

Default Pounds shred Easier When Oxygen Is Increased In The Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAlive View Post
I am 46, 5'3", and 175 lbs. I am also severely diabetic and cannot seem to control my blood sugars. I began to walk 3 miles a day around a month ago. I walk slowly - it takes me an hour and half to finish 3 miles, so really really slow. I am doing the best I can.

I am consuming around 1500 calories a day (per My Fitness Pal) but I haven't lost a POUND. I am sorry if I sound entitled but I am really struggling and I was hoping to have lost at least 4 lbs total in the past 4 weeks because I am not eating much and walking! But nothing. In fact, my stomach looks ballooned up (and yes, I drink a lot of WATER - no soft drinks and no alcohol because, again, my diabetes and also because I am thirsty all the time).

Please help. I need to stay alive for my son with autism and my doctor says my blood sugars are so out of control I might be gone in a few years. Losing weight isn't about my looks, it's about being there for my child for a long time. Am I going be able to lose this weight at all? My goal weight is 135 lbs by end of the year, although IDEALLY I should be 120 lbs to really get my diabetes under control.

Please help!
draielprincemillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #11  

You can do it!!!

try to change your dairy's and eat more veges and fruits..cut the alcohol
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #12  
Fitness Mentor

S/C/G: 192/178/176

Height: 5' 11"

Default I also recommend intermittent fasting

Hi Stay Alive - Thank you for sharing your post. I understand that is a difficult situation.

You CAN do this. I agree with the other users that intermittent fasting is a great option for you. Simply limit your food intake to a 7 or 8 hour window during the day. After your last meal of the day (around dinner), try to go at least 16 hours before you eat again. This is not as hard as it sounds since you'll be sleeping for much of it. Do this for 10-15 days and note the results.

Let us know how it goes.

Quote:

Please help!
fitgains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/204/160

Height: 5'8"

You need more fat. Good fat. Completely cut out sugar. I just read the Obesity Code. It's incredible. It explains the reasons we don't lose weight. I've been there. I have struggled for years. Wait, decades. Also, like other mentions above, make sure you are drinking enough water. You'll need to dink 87 ounces of water a day. But the main thing is to up your fat intake. At every meal, incorporate lots of good quality olive oil, avocado, nitrate free bacon, olives, nuts, seeds, coconut. Pair fat with low carb veggies. Hope this helps!

Quote:

Please help!
sunshinegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote