Old 08-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #91  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

I know exactly what you mean. I have the same issues with the scale - it'll go down, and then go right back up again. Like it's taunting us...grrr!

We ARE doing great tho. I mean, we both started at about the same time, and we both lost over 25 pounds and we're still really sticking with it - that's pretty impressive, if I must say so myself! Go Us (GOddUSs!) indeed!!!

I hope your knee recovers quickly. Today the fronts of my thighs hurt! What is that?!!! I don't think I ever hurt there before?!!! I can't even figure out what exercise did that. It's OK though. Any time I feel anything like that, I think of it as a goddess pain now!

How's that Chinese class going? Any better?
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #92  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Man I blew that plateau out of the water! I am out of the 220's!!!!!! FINALLY!!!

Make room in Onderland....I'm on my way!

djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #93  
Starting Over

:woo hoo:

Congratulations djay!! You are totally kicking butt!!!!

I'm really proud of you and happy for you!!!

YAY!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #94  
Blue Blood

Thanks Carol!
It does feel good to see the scale move!

I kinda got the wind knocked out of my sails today...I finally told a friend at work that I have lost 30 lbs. She was really suprised!
NOT! the reaction I had hoped for.

Oh well...hope you are doing good on your plan. Big plans for the weekend?

D
Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #95  
Starting Over

Ugh! I am so sorry about your friend's reaction! What the ****?!!! I am really surprised. I feel like *I'VE* seen a change in you, and I didn't even know you before you started this! But I've seen your confidence and attitude change for the better in just these few months. I can't imagine that it's not even more obvious in person.

Don't let that drag you down, OK? You are doing great, and you've been feeling better about yourself - that's what's important.

I've got a nasty cold, so I'm taking it very easy today. It'd got me just wanting to sleep. How about you? Doing anything good?
Old 08-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #96  
Blue Blood

Oh No! I HATE summer colds! I feel for you! My favorite home remedies are lots of Echeneasia Tea and the old stand-by Chicken Noodle Soup! I hope it is a mild one any you have a quick recovery! Sending lots of healthy thoughts your way!

I am really struggling this weekend to not let my co-worker's comment bother me. She is notoriously self absorbed. But on some level it really hurt. I am trying to turn it into a motivator to loose enough weight so that even she will have to notice...but I'm not always buying that...Why do I let these stupid comments get to me?

Anyway...Just another boring HOT weekend here. I am actually using this down time to get some Christmas shopping done. I have never done it this early before, but I want to take advantage of the sales in December to beef up the new wardrobe instead of shopping for eveyone else. I plan to be at least 3 sizes smaller by then.

Feel better!

D
Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #97  
Starting Over

Ya know, I wanted to ask you, when you said that she was surprised, if she was usually wrapped up in her own stuff, etc. But you called her your friend, so I didn't... I just can't believe that it's not written all over you djay!

I hope you can keep using it as motivation and not let it get to you. It's easy to let things people do and say have way more power over us than they should. I know that YOU know how much you've accomplished and how far you've come, and that you're proud of yourself. It shouldn't be so easy for another person come in and say something that throws you way off course, but I know what it's like. You can rise above this.

How is today going?

I'm feeling much better today, thanks. That's a great idea, Christmas shopping in August so you can treat yourself later! I love it!

How is the Medifast going?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #98  
Blue Blood

I am so glad you are feeling better! Did you have to miss any work while you were sick?

I'm doing pretty well today! I got a good boost this morning! The size 20's are a thing of the past! They are just to baggy! AND...I tried on my favorite pair of 16 capri's They are still tight...but I don't have to struggle to zip them up! I'm really starting to see progress now and I think other people will soon also.

I know that 30 lbs on you is a huge difference. With me....not so much. I am almost 5'10". I can loose alot without anyone noticing...but I can gain alot without anyone noticing also. How much do you have to loose to go down each size? I have to loose about 25 lbs.

I see the pounds are still melting off of you! You are going to need more new clothes for Christmas also! Take care of yourself!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #99  
Starting Over

Congratulations djay!!! I'm so happy for you! So long, size 20's, and good riddence!!!!

I think people will start noticing very soon. Even if you're taller...31 pounds is a LOT! As my sister would say, that's six 5-pound bags of sugar. Go pick up an armful of those next time you're in the store and try not to do a happy dance!!! No one noticed with me either until the last two weeks or so. Who knows. Maybe the clothes were hiding it.

I was home today, but I had decided to take off on Friday already. Sadly I only lost time I wanted to do stuff in...not work time. I managed to get a lot done today at least. It feels like this is starting to move into my sinuses, so I'm gonna load up on some meds tomorrow on my way to work. Bleh.

I am so excited for you...starting off your day tomorrow in smaller clothes! Yes!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #100  
k8t
k8t

Talking dropping in on you

Hello ladies,
Your thread caught my eye and as I read through it, I really identified with some of your comments.

DJay.... Don't let your coworker suck away your joy at your triumph! She's a !

Congratulations on your 30 pounds! What did you mean when you said you know 30 pounds on Carrie is a huge difference but on you it's "not so much"? You were so excited before that post and that is pretty much a third of the weight you wanted to lose. Oh... my... gosh...I think what you have done is fantastic! You are an inspiration to me....Please let that be the quote you think of for the rest of this weekend.

k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #101  
Starting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8t View Post
Congratulations on your 30 pounds! What did you mean when you said you know 30 pounds on Carrie is a huge difference but on you it's "not so much"? You were so excited before that post and that is pretty much a third of the weight you wanted to lose. Oh... my... gosh...I think what you have done is fantastic! You are an inspiration to me....Please let that be the quote you think of for the rest of this weekend.

Yeah! What she said!!!!

Welcome K8t, and thanks for giving djay that kick in her rapidly-shrinking butt that I've been wanting to!!! She's doing great!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #102  
k8t
k8t

1) Thanks for the welcome! I needed that tonight.

2) Looks like you have been doing great too! I so want to be like you two.
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #103  
Starting Over

K8t, you've made the start, and that's a big thing! It's really hard to change all those habits, thoughts, behaviors, etc., that you've been holding onto for however long it's been, but you can't get anywhere without taking that first step...and now you've taken it! That's great!! You can do this.

djay and I started on 3FC right about the same time, and we've gone through lots of the same experiences, frustrations, emotions and ups and downs. She's a huge help, inspiration, all-around butt-kicker...and a really great friend! I don't know if I would have made it this far without her being there to understand, sympathize, be sarcastic with, cheer me on, etc. So thanks for reminding me how lucky I've been!!!

You can do this too! Believe it!!!

Last edited by Carrie3146; 08-12-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #104  
Blue Blood

K8t, Thank you so much for the kind words and feel free to drop in any time! I agree with Carrie....You absolutly can do this!

Gosh Carrie you make me blush! But I feel the same way. I run here every day to see how you are doing and a good dose of common sense when I feel off track! I post on other boards, but it is not as personal as comming here to hang out with that one friend who understands and knows when to support and when to kick my butt! I know that I would have quit during that plateau without you there!

I am actually feeing back on track today. I am back in my old clothes and they are not tight at all. Feels really good! Aleady gave those size 20's away!

Are you back to work?
Have you been watching the Olympics? It never ceases to amaze me what a human being can do if they really want it!

D
Old 08-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #105  
Starting Over

I guess we are stuck with each other!!! Thank goodness for that!!!

I am so happy for you, in your smaller clothes! Doesn't it feel great?! I'm picturing you doing a little victory dance every time you get a zipper up or a button closed! 32 pounds! Wow!

Well, my sinuses and coughing kept me up all night (literally!), so I ended up staying home today. I'm actually sad that I'm not going to my class tonight, but I don't think I could handle it. Considering that I only slept for about two hours this afternoon though, I feel pretty good.

I've been watching some of the Olympics. In general, I prefer the Winter Olympics, but I do like the gymnastics, some of the diving, etc. Some of those bodies..holy crap! I feel like a dirty old woman sometimes! But aside from the sheer ogling pleasure, it is really amazing what some of these people can do. I am so uncoordinated and unbalanced...I can not even imagine climbing onto one of those diving platforms (I'd be on my stomach, hanging on for dear life, and I'd still manage to both fall off AND whack my head somehow) or a balance beam, or letting go of those bars.