South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Newbie - Cooking 101

Hello all starting on a new diet again or is it a lifestyle change.

This will be a big change for me, the diet and subscribing to the forums. I hope to be successful on both. I plan on starting Sunday (have to clean out pantry first) with Phase 1 and will need all the help I can get. I will be scouring the boards looking for easy (no cook ) and tasty recipes.

Anyone in the same no cooking boat, let me know how you made out.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

! The South Beach Diet is a healthy lifestyle change that you can follow the rest of your life. Unfortunately for you, though, this plans does involve a lot of food prep and cooking, as we avoid pre-packaged foods and use lots of fresh, wholesome foods. Once you get into the hang of it, it will become easier and second nature.

Good luck, and we look forward to having you join us.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Best wishes! cottagebythesea is right, there is a bit of food preparation on this plan. Is this a transition that you are interested in? It's never too late to learn to cook. This WOE is a lifestyle for me now and I enjoy knowing what ingredients are in the food I eat by preparing them myself.

Let us know how we can help.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Let me rephrase my no cook comments. What cooking skills I learned 30+ years ago are very rusty or almost forgotten. I have been stopping for fast food on the way home, nuking tv dinners or opening a can. That is why I am in this shape.

I have to learn to eat a healthier lifestyle per doctors orders. Hopefully, with all of these posts I can learn how cook all over again.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Gotcha! Sometimes when I'm spending time cooking I remember my two favorite Grandmas. They got up early and put alot of love into preparing healthy meals for their families. That's how I look at the extra time it takes me; I'm taking the time to cook meals for my family.

You can start basic and go from there!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

This is exciting! You know why? You'll see the change in yourself, feel great, and notice your relationship with food is what it was designed to be. It feels natural. I didn't expect that, but its awesome and empowering.
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yummmmmm.....there's lots of good crock pot recipes on here you might enjoy! I've been eating the mexican crock pot casserole all week, and am still enjoying it . That would be a good way to help you ease into it!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am not a good cook and I don't like to cook But I eat much better when I do. There are lots of great recipes on here that take little work/skill; if I can do it, anyone can! Welcome.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

I love to cook but I don't do anything "fancy". If there's a weird ingredient or something I have no other use for except that recipe, then I don't make it! It takes a bit of research and planning and shopping at first but once you get the hang of it it becomes so easy. You'll learn how to shop for the right foods that can be used in so many ways so that you don't get bored but it isn't difficult either. This way of eating is meant to be easy so that you stick to it. I wish you lots of luck! If you can get through phase I the rest is so much easier. Especially to start at this time of the year when fresh fruits will be in abundance very soon!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote