Thread: Fabulous 140's?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #25
ShanIAm
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/124

Height: 5' 1"

Oh Beila, I get so excited when I see you post here because that means you are getting closer or you have reached the 140’s. AND YOU ARE SO CLOSE!! YAY!

As far as what I have done….well…. I will admit that when I first started in January I literally starved myself for 3 weeks losing the first 10-15 pounds too quickly. I was eating less than 500 calories a day. And let me tell you, I was a real wench to be around! I knew it wasn’t healthy for me physically and mentally so I increased calories & joined a gym. Now I keep my food calorie deficit at around 500-600 a day and I work out 5x a week. I’ll do an hour of cardio and every other time I will do 30-45 minutes of strength training. I also lowered my carb intake to approx 100-150g a day. That was the hardest to do but the most rewarding for me especially when you incorporate exercise. My body does not like to let go of carbs so being sedentary didn’t burn them off for me quickly and I never burned fat.

I’m one of the lucky ones when it comes to sweets. They never did much for me. My food addictions centered around chips and cheesy dips, bowls of pasta and anything fried.

The thing I have found is that my diet is pretty sustainable. I'll of course increase calories and carbs (to a point) when I reach goal but for now, I'm not feeling all that deprived most days. Which is good considering I was (am?) a classic binge eater.

Unofficial Start: 194 in July 2010
Official Start: 184 on January 3rd, 2011

50 pounds down picture in public profile!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote