Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday, April 29 - Daily

Good Morning Chickadees!

whassssssup?

I finally got myself up early this morning and did my 2 mile walking with Leslie Sansonne tapes. I feel really good about getting that in so early. This evening I will do some handweights and situps. I have already had 48 oz of water and it is only 8:30. yea me! :-) Now I'm drinking my first cup of coffee and checking email.

I'm still busy getting ready for my oldest son's graduation and party on May 23. :-)

What's everybody else up to?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 04-29-2003, 11:38 AM   #2  

Hi Cathy-m
Who is Lesllie Sansonne?
I'm bumming that I can do so little exercise unti my back surgery which I have postponed until June (Law exam on June 9: Surgery on June 11). I get afeared when it hurts, so I've had to limit walking and can only do some stuff in the pool. It's rather tough, emotionally, not beiong able to exercise. After all, it took me over 20 years to get off of my bum- but after getting a nice exercise program going I realise how much I miss it.

Thank God that my medical problem is only temporary.

How exciting about yor son's graduation! Our son#2 (Nathaniel) is also graduating High School.

Weather is gorgeous in Connecticut.

God Bless our men and women in uniform.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey Enja - I hear water aerobics is great! hopefully that will take the pressure off your back.

Leslie Sansonne has a lot of walking videos. It's basically just walking right in front of your tv - a little like walking in place I guess, but MUCH more of a workout! I love to walk outside or at the mall during my lunchhour, and her tapes are an even better workout bec there are a lot of arm movements and side steps and stuff. You buy her videos with a 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile or 4 mile walk, whatever you are up to and have the time to do.

you can see her stuff at www.walkaerobics.com

She has a 6 week program there called "The Walk Diet" that you can join at her website (for free) and you can get there by clicking on this www.walkaerobics.com/walk_diet_home.jsp

Also I just saw where she will be on QVC this Friday and you can see here there on that day.

cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-29-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Wow Cathy your doing teriffic, keep it up girlie.

Enja be careful on the back, I for one hyave experience w/that. Cathy is right, the only exercise my doctor suggested for my spine is swimming, its very gentle on the body and you strengthen muscles you didn't even know you have. Listen to your doctor

Hugs ladies,
I'll see you later.

Love, Leenie
Old 04-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #5  

Good morning

It is a beautiful day here......just checking in.....going to go have breakfast & coffee now. Hi Cathy & Enja....hope to see you later.

April
Old 04-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #6  

I am planning on heading back outside after catching up on email and messages

Someone just mowed their lawn, and the smell of cut grass is intoxicating! Don't you all just love the smells of spring? Makes me more energized than ever!
Old 04-29-2003, 02:45 PM   #7  

Hi again.....DH & I just got in from sitting on the deck for the last hour or so. It is quite nice out.

Before I went outside to sit & have coffee.....I looked at my kitchen cupboards.....next thing you know.....I was wiping off the bottom shelf.....DH has gone to get me the ladder so I can clean
some more of the cupboards.

April
Old 04-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #8  

Sometimes I wish I could just stay home to play.

Really I love my job but I would much rather be at home. I have been so busy here I don't know if I am coming or going. The company that we are switching from (software) is trying there hardest now to keep us. I was on the phone with them all morning. I am curiouse to see what they are going to change to make me happy.
Closed Thread