Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 06:53 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Christian Encouragers #169

Welcome to a wonderful group of Christians who encourage each other each and every day. If you need a friend or some encouragment for your diet plan, you have come to the right place.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #2  

Default !

Blessing today! My Head Boss Suprized me today with a nice card and starbucks gift card! Just to say Thank you for all that I do! I had a big meeting today to talk to the schools and parents of speical needs kids. I talk about employing speical needs kids. And what the challenges were. It turned out to be a really rewarding meeting. Please keep praying for my DD that she is able to find a job soon.

Doitforme-Wow I love the poam!
Sue-My Prayers are with your mother and you. Keep us posted.
Lilmose-A big welcome! Did you use a diffrent name before? I married young and We have been through a lot (with 6 kids who wouldn't) And I know with all my heart that God has seen use through it all. I will keep you in my prayers. With God all things are possible. I married in high School Finished school and have even had some college (I think I will go back and finish next year) We started our family two years later and we have been married for 22 years! We are here for you!
Zoe-Praise God for answered prayers!
Michele-I will pray that Gods will be done with your WA guy! I know God has someone speical for you. You are such a kind and wonderful person that I know there is someone speical out there for you! (I will pray that God hurrys a little bit)
Sherry-You have your hands full. My DD just brought in a new boxer puppy. I can't help my heart melting over him he is so cute even though I end up babysitting almost every night!
Wilma-Wow this school year went fast! I remember the post when your sons left! Enjoy them the summer will pass fast!
EZ-I am doing a work out program that my neuroligist put me on I will start slow and then build up to it. Just reading your post makes me tired!lol

May the Lord Bless and keep you in his care!
Sami
Old 04-24-2003, 09:40 PM   #3  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sami~Thank you and I am with you, I pray all the time for Him to hurry up. I feel i've been alone long enough! But I also pray to accept God's will..........and His timing!

What a nice boss you have and I am sure you deserved it too!
Old 04-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink TGIF

HOWDY LOOOOSERS
Give yourselves a big pat on the back for all the hard work you have done this week and what the heck-- give yourself one if you took it a little easier than you should have-- I certainly did.

Well, I got my 35 minutes in on the cross trainer yesterday- watched a little of the price is right while I did it to pass the time. I wasn't able to do the plaster work on my house because the caulking I put in the day before was still wet-- will try again today. Went with the wife to my step-D's freshman softball game, they won and she had a hit and a couple of walks-- it was a very warm afternoon-- t-shirt and shorts Spring is in the air here-- this week anyway.

Ended up making BBQ chicken breasts in the crock-pot yesterday for sandwiches-- it fell through the day before, I BBQed the breasts on the grill and was going to put them on rolls with turkey bacon and bbq sauce--HOWEVER-- my wife changed the plan at the last minute when she got home and her and my son had raspberry chipotle on their chicken with salad and watermelon. Tonight my wife is cooking greek meatballs with mint and rice etc. We have 3 girls from college stopping by on the way to a tennis tournament-- should be fun.

Went by and saw my mom yesterday- She is 66 and hasn't been very healthy in 20 years-- smoking and drinking took their tool on her-- a mis-diagnosed thyroid condition didn't help either-- add a bad heart and we just thank God she is still with us!! She wants to go to Illinois this summer for 6 months to see her ailing mom-- I hope they both live that long to be honest. Prayers needed here- thank-you.

SAMI-- STARBUCKS (((WOW))) my wife would die for that!! I like it too but I drink soooo much coffee that it kills me to pay what they want for a cup-- I do though and enjoy it-- we have a Starbucks less than a mile from my house I will continue prayers for your DD's job situation. Great work on the special needs kids. Good to hear from you.

ZOE-- What is it girl-- nothing to say? Glad to see you checking in at least!!

WILMA-- How are you feeling? Ready for the company this week-end? You seem to be quite the entertainer.

SHERRY Those names for the babies sure are cute-- have fun with all the little ones-- yours too-- this wee-end. Weed that garden

MICHELE How is it going today dear? A few days off from school will help!! Are you able to work out at the gym now or just work? Hope all is still well and good with that WA. fellow

doitforme--danceforjoy-lilmoose I hope this post finds you all as well as you can be with your pastor, church, husband, mom, etc.
SAMI said my posts make her tired---SORRY-- I just get a little--O.K. ALOT WINDED when I am not working during the day-- believe me girls my wife knows the

feeling

Well I am outta here-- my son just woke up so I can work on the sliding glass door in his room--

IN HIS PEACE- Gary
Old 04-26-2003, 02:29 AM   #5  

Blessing to all! Today went pretty well. I am looking forward to this weekend my DS has Prom! My neice works at a tux shop so we got his tux FREE!!!!! I am doing a scrapbook of things he did in school or speical cards ect........ I have a scrapbook of speical days that is on going but the school on is what I give them for graduation. My DD loved hers and we displayed it at her open house it was such a big hit. My DS isn't sure what he wants to do. He has expressed an intrest in being a pastor but then changed his mind and now is changing it back. I think I am going to have him take a class or two here and do some soul serching because to college he would go to to be a pastor is geared toward being a pastor or teacher and if he isn't sure what he wants to be that I don't want him to spend the money then change his mind. Plus the fact that my son has not taken his SAT yet! I am back on the wagon. Please pray that I will make it this time. I don't want to be fat for my DD wedding. EZ I hope you know that reading about your busy life makes me tired (I just wander how you do it) But I love your uplifting Posts~! Michele my DD is wondering when God is going to show his will for her life to (for a job) It just looks like God is teaching us Patience! (that is not one of my strengths either) I will pray for God to maybe push it along a LITTLE faster............LOL

Prayers are with you all!
Sami
Old 04-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry UPLIFTING WORDS

"OPEN HANDS SHOULD CHARACTERIZE THE SOUL'S ATTITUDE TOWARDS GOD----OPEN TO RECEIVE WHAT HE WANTS TO GIVE, OPEN TO GIVE BACK WHAT HE WANTS TO TAKE"

I read this in my current issue of Guideposts magazine-- I thought you all might enjoy it.

I will try harder to open my hands to receive and give back the things you will for me dear Lord, in Jesus name I pray.

Have a great week-end ladies, Gary
Old 04-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SATURDAY

ARE YOU OUT BURNIN' THOSE CALORIES LADIES?

I can talk "BIG" since I have done the cross-trainer for a whopping 4 straight days now for 35 minutes each day-- it takes me that long on it to get to the 3 1/2 mile mark and the 400 calories I try for ( I know the calorie count is probably not accurate but it does give me a guide to shoot for).
HOW ABOUT IT--- IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY DOING AT LEAST A HALF HOUR A DAY OF EXERCISE, WHY DON'T YOU JOIN ME AND TRYING JUST A HALF HOUR A DAY THROUGH THE SPRING---
The girls came by on their way to the tennis tournament last night--my wife made her greek meatballs and rice, greek salad and rolls-- very good. I finally got a night off from cooking this week-- HEY, WAIT A MINUTE--I didn't really work all week so I guess no one will feel sorry for me
I plastered around my slider yesterday and it came out very well, now I need to paint it and then blast it with the hose and see if it still leaks...
My wife is out for her Saturday morning run/jog/walk of 3+ miles. My son left the house at 5:30 to head to his track meet and she left at 6 to take her run--- me-- well I burned off the cals reading the paper!! HEY-- watch your smart mouths now-- I HAVE TWO PAPERS

SAMI--- O.K. dear, here is the deal--- YOU have to join me in the exercise even if no one else is--HELLO--WEDDING---there is no wagon to get on or off from, from now on-- LIFESTYLE CHANGE-- the wedding will be the first goal at seeing some success.
Now as far as that boy-- God will lead him-- right idea if he is not quite ready to step out-- get him in a community college for a couple of years and then transfer when ready-- there is plenty of college that can be done before the decision needs to be made to be in the ministry or not. No hurry--Patience.
My wife did a Creative Memories scrapbook for my son and daughter for their high school sports-- it was an awesome gift-- your kids sure will enjoy it for their entire lives!!
Your DD is still in my prayers for the right job to come around-- it is tough across the states right now-- there is always the rollercoaster ride of the economy-- one thing for sure in AMERICA though is that it will always get better--ALWAYS.
LET's go Sami-- I know it sounds trite but it is true-- ONE DAY AT A TIME---- OHHHH Baby it is going to be a great wedding!!!!!!!!!

Have fun this week-end ladies.... all of you who are having troubles at the moment know where to give them..

Give those kids a ((((HUG)))) for me!! ((((HUG))) those hubby's for yourselves

IN HIS HANDS FOREVER-- Gary
Old 04-26-2003, 09:01 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SATURDAY NIGHT

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Well I got off the cross-trainer an hour ago, stretched and took a shower. I did 3.5 miles and 31 minutes, 400 calories. It changes a little with my speed, I wasn't going to do it today as I am a little tight but my personal complainer--errr, my personal trainer-- my wife shamed me into it---- you think she would take it easy on me since I dug up two bushes and transplanted them today while she pruned her roses. She went with me to Home Depot to look at paint samples-- if she doesn't paint something every 3-4 months she goes nuts!! She is making tortilla soup and quesidillas now-- she asked me if I wanted 1 or 2 and I told her 3 or 4--- she is still laughing and it has been at least 5 minutes.

Well dinner is ready-- gotta go-- Gary
Old 04-27-2003, 08:59 AM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Sunday Morning, Happy Lord's Day ~

It's about 5 minutes until I have to leave for church and I just wanted to stop in and say hello to y'all. I know I haven't been here much but if it's not one thing, it's another. First, I'm too stressed to be here due to not knowing what was happening with my tests ~ then, after I find that all is well, I'm so busy with all the stuff that I couldn't set my mind to do while I was stressed. What a cycle.

Gary ~ I too am POOPED just listening to ya. haha. Keep up that good work with the exercise. I'm hoping for my "want of it" to kick in any time now.

Have a wonderful blessed day.

Zoe <><
Old 04-27-2003, 09:25 AM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Not getting emails?

Hi all!

Not sure why, but I'm not getting emails letting me know there is a post on this thread. So then I forget, or after a while, I think, where is everybody? like Gary.

Worked at the gym yesterday 8-12 and the chiropractor from next door was in for a couple hours offering free screenings. We got to talking and what a great gal! She screened my neck and then she also did my lower back. I've got some problems still in my neck, but a big imbalance in my lower back. I really need to go in weekly and FOR SURE before the walk to try and adjust it. I also got to talking to her about diet, and low-carb, which her husband struggles with, (she is pregnant) and I realized while talking to her that I KNOW what I need to do. And I'm just not doing it. So I did for the rest of the day. After work I went and got the stuff to make my brocolli/cauliflower/bacon salad and made a big bowl of it. For lunch I had that and cheese hotdogs (no bun!), for dinner I grilled a chicken breast and sliced it, put on top of a nice salad. So I ate very low-carb yesterday and I didn't perish in the process........ Time to go make my eggs and cheese and bacon for breakfast.

I did hear from my WA guy and it seems i hit a couple nerves. He apologized for being inconsiderate, he showed a little jealousy, and he says he's not sure how to do this dating thing, being he was married for 16 years. I understand that. We haven't had a chance to talk about it on the phone. I'll feel better when we do that and hopefully clear things up and see where we are at. I'm still trying to give it to our Lord.

So for me, the goal right now is, to eat nothing white (except cauliflower and mayo ), no sugar, no caffeine. Concentrate on low carb. But Gosh, I want a cup of coffee this a.m.......

Gary~my goal is to have the ambition that your wife has. It's real dedication to get up on a Sat. and do her 3.5-4 miles. Good for her! And I'd like one quesadilla and a bowl of tortilla soup, please!
Old 04-27-2003, 09:00 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SUNDAY NIGHT

HI LOOOOOOSERS

Well my day went fairly well-- my LAKERS won in a close game against the T-WOLVES so that was good-- although they aren't looking like they will repeat as champions this year-- we shall see. Went to early church and sold tickets for our Cinco de Mayo Manana party next Sunday after, came home for a couple of hours and did my 35 min. 3.5 miles on the cross-trainer--- then went back after the second service and sold more tickets. Came home and been watching basketball ever since-- this makes my wife sooooo happy Actually most the time it is O.K. for me to watch the Lakers and my college teams-- it is when I start watching EVERY game in the playoffs with teams I don't even like that is the problem-- today it was ok as she was busy making invitations for her future sil bridal shower.
We rented the WINDTALKERS last night---WOW! if you haven't seen it, and can handle battle scenes, go get it-- what a debt we owe the Navajo men who gave their lives for our nation too.

ZOE-- Hey I always thought it was " if it's not one thing- it's your mother!" Great job on getting through all that stress---NOW turn that energy into something functional--- stress takes energy that we can always use somewhere else-- easier said than done of course!!!!!! Glad to see you taking charge again-- remember not very long ago YOU were our rock girl

MICHELE-- Dinner is ready Glad to see some positve movement on the Washington front. My wife cannot live without chriopratic help every week or two-- an injury from her past, it really helps her out-- me... I am a little skeptical of them-- goes back to old wives tales. Staying away from "white foods" is not such a bad idea-- however--- and I really mean this from the bottom of my heart--- I really think the only diet that works all the time is a healthy eating lifestyle-- I have seen so many people lose on a diet only to gain it all back--- different reasons-- sometimes it is just too hard to follow a diet-- I know there are many out there that will disagree-- I also say whatever works for you is what you should do. I have seen much more success that STAYS though on those that have healthy eating habits and moderate exercise on a daily basis.
Try to get ready for that walk-- 17 miles is a long way-- stay healthy. As far as caffeine, I'm am not sure why you are giving it up, but I also feel a cup or two in the morning is not harmful-- I of course drink way more than that-- this is not good! I have tried to put mustard on most everything that I used to put mayo on-- we switched to low-fat mayo and didn't care for it-- we switched back to regular when we started just using it on BLT's pretty much. I really like the different flavors of mustard they have-- dijon, honey, sweet onion, etc.

Well the wife called for dinner again-- chicken and rice.

IN HIS CARE-- Gary
Old 04-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

P.S. My wife wanted me to post my picture-- she wants ya all to see what I really look like lol.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:44 PM   #13  

Ez your on. My neurologist gave me some exercise to do everyday so I am going to start off with them and work my way up. I also made sure we had healthy foods to eat everyday. One of our down falls is that we eat a lot of quick frozen types of foods because we are always in a hurry. But those foods are highter in fat and salt. I feel that what you said and Michele is right I know what I should do and with all my health problems I need to JUST DO IT! Thank you for all your prayers for my DD. She has an interview Monday so I am praying it works out. I also want to ask for prayer for my friend Cindy I called her Sat and I am sad to say she isn't doing well She has Lupus and so does her DD. She is in a lot of Pain. We had a long talk and both of us have reached the point that I can't live like this anymore. But what can I do about it? It is so hard to live with pain everyday of your life. I use to go in remission and that gave me strenght to struggle through the bad times but it has been a long.......... time since I have felt well. And my dear friend is a lot worse than I am. I think it made both of us feel a little better to talk to someone who understands. Thank all of you for your prayers I am going back to posting more often because you keep me going. I was supprised today when I relized I have lost 10 lbs (I think it is because everything hurts my stomach) but for what ever reason I'll take it!
My the Lord bless you!
Sami
Old 04-28-2003, 12:42 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink JUST CHECKING IN WITH SAMI

SAMI---
Oh my goodness girl you sound soooo down-- boy are you in the right place-- we are here to help the best we can.

First of all--GREAT JOB on changing your eating habits-- I know that I yap all the time about it-- only from my own personal fast food downfall before I re-married do I feel I can though. Fast food or fast frozen food becomes a habit just like everything else-- my wife worked with me-- I was a kickin' and a screamin' all the way though---- I became a fast food addict after my ex left, with my kids involved in sports, dance and both in scouts, it seemed all I had time for was to run them around and stop and get fast food--- it was a hard habit to break for me--I craved it-- my wife made a ton of chicken and pasta dishes that I wasn't used to-- I used to make fun of "ALL th chicken we ate-- boy am I ever thankfull she changed me-- I would be in serious trouble now I am afraid-- now I haven't smoked for 6 years and rarely eat fast food or processed food--- we are not perfect and we are still very busy-- we do it fast food on occasion-- however we just try to PLAN better each week-- it really doesn't take that long once you get in the habit-- probably takes less time than waiting in the drive thru or in line. We pretty much just refuse to buy processed food or mixes-- my wife can put about a millon different sauces on chicken that is much better than store bought flavors-- alot of different pasta dishes even store bought are reasonably healthy-- try to eat whole wheat pasta if you can-- I know it is hard to find and somewhat expensive-- and drier-- but so much better for you. Sorry to ramble on.

Sami, your life really touches mine in so many ways. I have a sister with Lupus-- the doctors gave her 5 years to live 9 years ago-- I know there are many types of it-- hers is the most serious--her body just slowly shuts down, she has had so very many strokes, for some reason she has lost alot of weight too in the last few months. She is 43 with ahusband and a 21 and 18 yr old girls. I will certainly put Cindy and her daughter in my prayers.

I can't imagine the pain you are going through-- all I can say is that with my divorce years ago I really wanted to die from all the "inside pain"-- it was an 8 year battle-- the 4 years before she finally left me and 4 years after-- no matter how hard I tried, no matter how many times I read in my bible or tried to give it to God the pain just wouldn't go away-- I can see now that as much as I was trying to give it to God, I was holding on to the pain too-- the only thing I was doing right was understanding that I didn't have to be like this and trying to get out kept me focused on trying. That was over 8 years ago now-- but I still remember. God has blessed me in so many ways since that I can't even begin to tell you in this post-- but you see HE was always doing it-- I just didn't see. I wasn't opening my hands as my post from the other day said.

I can also relate a little to your stomach hurting with everything you put in it-- my 20 yr old daughter has always had stomach aches-- she has and myself done so much reasearch on it over the years-- doctors too-- the only thing we can come up with is the IBS-- it really hurts me to see her in so much pain-- she tries so hard to eat the right things so that it won't happen.

Sami-- I read Guideposts magazine-- they have a website that is really good-- as a member I can go through their old magazines and pull up articles from the archives-- I really wish you would check it out-- there are so many articles on people living with pain and how God has seen them through it. I think for those that don't subscribe to the magazine it is $5 to check it out for a month-- if you think it would help I suggest you try it-- the website is www.dailyguideposts,com

Well I gotta run for now-- I just wanted to reach Sami as I know you all do!! Love all of you-- you are all in my prayers, Gary
Old 04-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Sami-- that is www.dailyguideposts.com with a period not a comma.
Closed Thread