Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by EatAnts; 02-03-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #2  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default Sorry for the late start

I apologize for the late start. I was up most of the night thanks to howling winds and plows clearing the ice and snow from the roads. As if that wasn't enough fun, the pup woke up sick (probably because he wouldn't go out in the pelting ice last night...gah). *venting over*...thanks for listening

Now here is to a great day for everyone (and hopefully another work from home day for me).

Welcome to all the newbies. We've had a lot the last few days. And congrats to everyone's great scale and non-scale victories.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #3  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Good Morning Everyone! Thrilled with the blast of warmer weather that is thawing out all the chilly bones in Alberta this morning. Love it when the temperature goes up overnight! For the first time since starting IP I missed my weigh in! aggggghhhh maybe I am addicted to that as much as I was to carbs This week is filled with meetings, appointments and more meetings and my schedule and the clinic schedule just don't match this week. I will just have to keep plugging away and hope for double the losing results next week! Have a terrific IP day and may you all be 100% on protocol.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! Here is to another successful day! Trying out my new Ticker. See if it worked.

Nope didn't work. Not sure what I did wrong?

Last edited by juiceman11; 02-02-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

Did it work now?

Yep it did!

Last edited by juiceman11; 02-02-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Checking my new "Ticker"....
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #6  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning All:

Well the big snow storm has blown through Southwestern Ontario overnight and it dumped a load of snow and freezing rain on us. The buses are cancelled, the schools are closed and my office is closed --- day off for everyone!!!

I am posting here even though I am on maintenance. Not too many people write in the "Life after Phase 1" forum so I came here.

Starting my third week of maintenance and haven't gained a pound which I am very happy about. I am eating what I want, but obviously making healthier food choices than I have in the past.

I am working out twice a week at our local sports complex with a personal trainer whom I love. She turned me on to Canada's Food Guide and that is pretty much what I have been following. It is amazing at all the good food you can eat and still not gain weight!!!

Good luck to all on the program --- I know it's hard at times, I have been there, but stick with it because tihs program WORKS!!!!

This is the happiest that I have been in my whole life, aside from my wedding day, and I am taking it all in!!!!!

Lorrie
Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #7  
Started IP 01/10/11

I have searched the other threads but feel I am not finding an answer or help.

Prior to starting IP I had high blood pressure and was controlled with meds. I was getting very dizzy and light headed when I would stand up from sitting or laying down. I along with my doctor decided to stop taking the BP meds12 days ago. I noticed the problem go away but has been back the past 3 days.

I get my salt intake for the day, should I increase it?
I drink half my body weight in oz of water or more a day?
I take my suppliments
Is it some other mineral deficiency?

Anyone have an idea to help me with this issue? I also have WI #4 tomorrow and will discuss this with my coach, but they do not seem real knowledgable with questions I have asked in the previous weeks.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Today I will stay on plan!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
I apologize for the late start. I was up most of the night thanks to howling winds and plows clearing the ice and snow from the roads. As if that wasn't enough fun, the pup woke up sick (probably because he wouldn't go out in the pelting ice last night...gah). *venting over*...thanks for listening

Now here is to a great day for everyone (and hopefully another work from home day for me).

Welcome to all the newbies. We've had a lot the last few days. And congrats to everyone's great scale and non-scale victories.
We are just so glad that you are here with us in the mornings..its like a warm smile...Thank you for being there...to start our day

Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I have searched the other threads but feel I am not finding an answer or help.

Prior to starting IP I had high blood pressure and was controlled with meds. I was getting very dizzy and light headed when I would stand up from sitting or laying down. I along with my doctor decided to stop taking the BP meds12 days ago. I noticed the problem go away but has been back the past 3 days.

I get my salt intake for the day, should I increase it?
I drink half my body weight in oz of water or more a day?
I take my suppliments
Is it some other mineral deficiency?

Anyone have an idea to help me with this issue? I also have WI #4 tomorrow and will discuss this with my coach, but they do not seem real knowledgable with questions I have asked in the previous weeks.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
Don't over drink your water...it might be depleting you too...drink the amount they tell you...for a few days...get in your olive oil too...and try steak...that always makes me feel better...
Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Good Morning All:

Well the big snow storm has blown through Southwestern Ontario overnight and it dumped a load of snow and freezing rain on us. The buses are cancelled, the schools are closed and my office is closed --- day off for everyone!!!

I am posting here even though I am on maintenance. Not too many people write in the "Life after Phase 1" forum so I came here.

Starting my third week of maintenance and haven't gained a pound which I am very happy about. I am eating what I want, but obviously making healthier food choices than I have in the past.

I am working out twice a week at our local sports complex with a personal trainer whom I love. She turned me on to Canada's Food Guide and that is pretty much what I have been following. It is amazing at all the good food you can eat and still not gain weight!!!

Good luck to all on the program --- I know it's hard at times, I have been there, but stick with it because tihs program WORKS!!!!

This is the happiest that I have been in my whole life, aside from my wedding day, and I am taking it all in!!!!!

Lorrie
Thank you for posting....its scary thinking of life after IP at times..so we need to know that when we reach our goals that we can do it too...
I will join some classes and get some strength training after so I can take the body I have and give it some muscels...
:c arrot:
Old 02-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #12  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Good Morning All:

Lorrie
What a great post!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

I love the internet!

Work was called off yesterday because of the 18 inches of snow we got. SO grateful it was snow and no ice. I got to file my tax return, and went shopping just sitting in front of my computer. I also read through some more of this forum. There are so many products out there I had no idea about. Anyway, found the splenda flavored sticks on amazon. Looking forward to trying these out. This morning I'm going to try the orange pancakes for breakfast. Sounds yummy.

Thursday is my 2nd WI. Looking forward to seeing the results.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I noticed the problem go away but has been back the past 3 days.
I would almost be certain it's low blood pressure BUT you need to have that checked before you rule out anything else. Does your local Walmart have a machine close to the pharmacy? That would save you a trip to the doctor.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #15  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I would almost be certain it's low blood pressure BUT you need to have that checked before you rule out anything else. Does your local Walmart have a machine close to the pharmacy? That would save you a trip to the doctor.
2 days ago I checked it and it was still at the top of normal range. I have to go to a doctor or some place that can manually take my BP, the machine at Walmart will not let my arm slide in. Those are designed for a maximum of 13-14" arms and I am above that.

Thanks.
Closed Thread