View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #14
Justwant2Bhealthy
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You know, the more I read, the more I am convinced that some people are overweight simply becuz -- THEY DON'T LOVE THEMSELVES!!!

Self-hatred, self-loathing, self-flagulation, self-abasement, self-criticism, self-denial, and extreme selflessness all contribute to using food as a weapon against oneself instead of as fuel to nourish and heal the body. If you truly love yourself and your body, you will want to take good care of it. You need to know that GOD LOVES YOU, so that you can too ...

I was just reading a book where the eminent Dr. Weil, M.D. said this about those who want to lose weight ... "AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND LOVE YOUR BODY (and yourself), IT WILL RESIST YOUR DESIRE TO HAVE IT BE DIFFERENT. Practice liking your body as it is, because that is the only mind-set from which you can change it."

He also recommends breathing exercises and other activities for emotional eating; and limiting the damage by choosing healthier low-cal foods. In this case, he believes some people use food as a drug to soothe their anxieties and discomforts; and encourages them to find healthier ways, including counseling, if needs be.

Out in BC, we have a very successful ED therapist (I will try to find her name) who believes that people with eating disorders, and esp those with severe Anorexia, actually hate themselves -- and what they need more than anything to heal is ... oodles and oodles of LOVE ... so she loves them back to health again!

JENNY ~ One of my issues is that I cannot trust the hunger signals that GOD put in my body; becuz my body tries to fool me and sends them whether I have eaten enuff or not. So when I know that I have had more than enuff to eat, I ignore those false signals or find ways to dissuade them. Sometimes, the flesh lies to us, just like YKW lies to us too. YKW doesn't want us to love ourselves or to succeed either. He is the great liar and tempter ... so we have to ignore him too! We can claim victory through our beautiful Savior, JESUS, who loves us perfectly and endlessly ...

I hope you find your way back to where you want to be; and I'm praying for you too ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-19-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote